TLOK Kyalin Oneshots NEW

By PinkRathian

Primarily Kyalin Oneshots of different ratings 😏, you can find some Suvira in here too. Cute fluff to angst... More

Edges
Beach Volleyball
Adventures of Zaofu
When We Were Kids
Car ride
Babysitting
Searching
Update
Suvira Chapter
Double Date
From Chaos to Order (Kuvira Backstory)
Wine and Surprise
Dangerously Jealous
Kyalin Week
Suyin Part 1
Suyin Part 2
Suyin Part 3
Suyin Part 4
Unexpected
Love is Blind
The Games Part 1
The Games Part 2
The Games Part 3
The Games Part 4
Suvira AU (epilogue)
The City Part 1
The City Part 2
update
The City Part 3
The City Part 4
The Chief's Secret
Crushing
A different kind of Mother
Kyalin Week Prompt 1
Kyalin Week Prompt 2
Kyalin Week 3
Kyalin Week 4
Kyalin Week Day 5
Kyalin Week Six
Kyalin Week Day 7
Two worlds apart
Circumstances (sequel to TWA)
The Guard (Suvira) Part 1
Speculation (sequal to Circumstances)
The Guard (Suvira) Part 2
All over you
Comfort
Lin and Ikki
Holiday
Suvira Solstice
Lin Walks Into a Bar
Christmas Party
Suvira Book 1
Suvira Book 2
Suvira Book 3
Suvira Book 4
Lin Goes to the Dentist
The Box
The Office
The Radio
The Dinner
Kyalin Shorts
I Just Know that I Like You
That's Rough
Good Times
Suvira Nanny AU
A Test of Love
Suvira Shorts
I'm Sorry
Signs
Signs Pt 2
Like You
interruption
Kya Goes to the Dentist
My Wives and I
A Cause For Celebration
A Cause for Celebration Part 2
20 Years Ago
Lin Takes Care of Kya
Kyalinzumi
Suvira Nanny Au (part 2??? I guess?)
Origins: Part 1
Origins: Part 2
Origins: Part 3
An update
Pirate AU Part 1
Pirate AU Part 2
Pirate AU Part 3
Pirate AU Part 4
Pirate AU Part 5
Pirate Au Part 6
Pirate AU Part 7
Pirate AU Part 8
Pirate AU Part 9
Pirate Au Part 10
Pirate AU Part 11
Pirate AU Part 12
Pirate AU Part 13
Pirate AU Part 14
Pirate AU Part 15 (Finale)

Train Wreck

1.8K 52 37
By PinkRathian

Guys I'm sorry this one is so sad but I was inspired to write a sad one sorry if I made you cry.

Lin placed a hand on Kya's lap, offering a light smile.

"I'm going to go to the food car, do you want anything?" She asked. Kya shook her head, she had been feeling terrible the entire ride. Evidently it took trains to make Kya feel any type of motion sickness. Lin nodded and stood up, making sure her girlfriend was okay before she left to go get the food. The trip to Zaofu had gone pretty well, and Su had a great reaction to the news of their relationship. Her and Kya had spent an entire just waltzing the city, the waterbender was so enticed by its design she spent the night asking Su all about it. Lin smiled at the memory, usually her sister was intolerable, but with Kya around she found it a little less-so.  She opened the car door, and sighed when she saw the line. She was debating whether or not she was really hungry enough to wait in line when the car lurched. She stabled herself, confused gazes and murmurs echoes around her. Her senses went off and she knew something was wrong.

"Get down!" She shouted, a second before the car lurched again, this time falling to its side. Women screamed and Lin reached out to hold onto a seat, expanding her cables to help others who were almost sent flying. She landed against the wall of the car, when a large sound broke out, sending her into a spiraling panick. An explosion? It sounded like it had come from the conductor. Which was only a car away from her seat, where Kya most definitely was. "Kya!" She shouted, trying to stand up on the slick steel wall and window. Her foot broke through the glass, saved from injury by only her armor. She looked behind her, where civilians were crying, either in pain, or for a loved one who was.

"Everyone stay calm!" She called to them. "Hold onto something. I'm going ahead to check it out, tend to the wounded if you can. Do not make any sudden movements," she directed. She was certain some of these people wouldn't know who she was, but her badge was unmistakable, it declared her as a person of ranking, of stature. She caught the eye of a younger man in the crowd, seemingly a Zaofu guard, silently telling him to stay here and watch over the people. She took a wary step, with a sigh, and walked forward, slowly, when the car lurched again.

"Oof!" Kya landed against the opposite wall with a thud. She tried to prop herself up, but her arm was met with only pain.
"Shit." She cursed. Her eyelids batted as she looked around. Glass had shattered around her, and seats close to the front were torn. She ran a hand over her face, recoiling when it came back covered in blood. The taste of it in her mouth became too strong and she spat it out, along with some vomit.
"Lin?" She asked, as loud as she could. Her mouth hurt, opening it had sent her whole cheek into pain. She managed to stumble to her feet, looking around. Behind her, people coughed, laying 8n the ground, their groans of pain making her uneasy. Infront of her sent a shiver down her spine. The front of the train car was blown apart, and the people on the floor were no longer moaning, their cries could be silenced by only one thing. She wiped tears from her eyes, her hand during a dark red.
"Stay there," she called to a woman behind her. "I'm coming." Before she could make another step, an explosion went off and she was sent flying to the back of the train car.

"Kya!" Lin screeched as another explosion went off. Her ears were filled with screams of terror, drowning out any possibility of a reply. She took one last glance at the people behind her, her instinct told her to stay, it was too dangerous. They needed her here. But the selfish part of her, the part of her that Kya had touched, the part of her that called louder told her to go. So she did. She bent aside the steal, leaping ontop of the tipped over car. She was greeted by black smoke, and the heat of flames. She took a moment to listen, for the sound of a plane, a train, anything, but there was nothing. They were in the middle of nowhere. No one would be coming for quite some time. She began to make her way forward, careful not to step to heavily or she may disrupt the car further. She counted as she passed, and the closer she got to 0, the more destruction she saw. She heard wails beneath her, and thought she should stop, but there was nothing she could do. She hadn't noticed how her hands had began to quake, as she grew closer and closer to the truth. Ashes fell into her hair, from what, she didn't ask.
"Kya." It came out as nothing more than a whimper. She was standing on their train car now, or what was left of it. The front half was gouged open, engulfed by flames, the crisp steel stained a dark black. Lin peered inside, reeling away to throw up when she a man impaled on the steel, his corpse propped up as if he were praying. She took a deep breath, and left into the car, recoiling with a gasp as she hit the floor. It was hot, much to hot. It heated up the metal of her boots, singeing the bottoms of her feet. She fell to floor, burning her palms, scampering to the end of the car in a desperate attempt to escape it. She pulled herself to a torn seat, tears pooled st the corner of her eyes as she stared at her burnt hands. They bled onto the floor, adding to the piles of blood that were already there.
"Kya." It came out as a cry. She didn't want to believe it, she had to be here. She crawled over the seat, screaming at the burnt remains of someone who had been caught directly in the blast. She leaned over again, puking up what was left of breakfast on the floor. The smell of smoke drowned out the scent of burnt flesh rather well, but not when she was in this close quarters. She looked away, closing her eyes, taking a breath. She was the chief of police, she was trained for this. Then she saw it, the white tendril of hair laying on the floor at the back of the car. She had run her fingers through that hair many times, she knew who it belonged to. She used her cables, wincing as her burnt hands gripped them to pull herself forward, no longer caring about the security of the car. She landed on a seat next to the hair, she closed her eyes, preparing herself. She didn't know what was on the other side. All she knew that whatever it was would determine whether or not she died in this car today. She looked over. Kya's eyes were closed, her face was coated in blood, she had a gash from the edge of her lip up to her right ear, making her look as though she had a demented, torturous smile.
"Kya," Lin rasped. Nothing. "Kya." She rasped again. Lin coughed, smoke filling her lungs. She had to get out of here, there's no telling how much toxic gas was in this car. She looked to Kya's feet, she could bend a hole there, and pull the water bender out.
"Hold on," she said, as she mustered the last of her strength and manipulated the metal.

"Lin, you're home early."

"Yeah well, you know."

"I do not know, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me?" Kya said, a grin tugging at her lips as she put her hands to the edge of lins jacket, using it as a grip to pull her into a kiss.

"I mean, you know, I have you to come home to now."

"So I'm yours incentive?" Kya smirked as she pulled off Lin's coat, hanging it next to the door.

"Precisely."   Kya scoffed, giving Lin a playful side eyed as she turned back to the kitchen.

"Supper is almost ready. I was going to get Po's but I found this recipe and I just had to-" she stopped as the room went dark.
"What the?" She said as she turned around. Her eyes widened as Lin was standing by the kitchen table, illuminated by a sole candle behind herm
"Lin?" She asked, a hitch in her breath.

"Kya, I have never felt this way about anyone before,"

"Lin," she gasped, suddenly aware of what was happening.

"You make me want to relax, I can't stop thinking about you, and everything you mean to me. I love you Kya, so, so much." Lin reached behind her back, pulling out a small velvet box. She opened it, revealing a bright silver betrothal necklace. It was engraved with the symbols of earth and air, an arrow, symbolizing her family, and a small flying boar, symbolizing Lin's.

"Oh my raava..." kya whispered. Her hand reached out to Lin's arm, as she got closer to it.
"Lin... I-" she stammered, unable to communicate through her powerful smile.

"Is that a yes?" Lin asked, a hopeful gleam in her eye. Kya pushed herself forward, pulling Lin into a short  passionate kiss. Lin almost dropped the box in surprise.

"One thousand times yes!" Kya responded through her own tears. Lin kissed her again, and Kya sunk into her touch.

"Do you want to put it on?"

Kya was jostled awake by the movement of her body. She groaned, and the pulling at her feet halted.

"Kya?" A voice said, and she tried to open her eyes, but the light sent her head into a spiral.

"Kya!" She felt familiar hands grip her face, and emerald eyes stared into hers.
"I need you to wake up," the eyes told her. "I thought I lost you." Ky blinked. The pain in her mouth to much to talk through.  Tears fell from the eyes, and tears form at the edges of her own.

"Kya, we are going to get through this," Lin said. Lin. Pull me out. She wanted to say. Dont stop. It could blow again. But she couldn't. She felt her eyes closing again, and she willed them to stay open, but fatigue was overcoming her.

"Kya? Kya! Don't fall asleep. Kya please!" Lin begged. Kya reached her hand up, it seemed this one wasn't broken. She tried to smile, although she wasn't entirely sure she did, as she gripped her lovers face. Lin's eyes went dark, and Kya wanted to cry for her. I love you, Lin.

Lin broke into a violent sob, Kya's eyes shut and everything she had ever loved disappeared in front of her. She screamed, a chunk of earth rising behind her. She crawled inside the train, picking up Kya with her arms, being a large hole in the wall, hopping out of the train car, ignoring the burns on her feet. She walked a ways, the sun was setting and darkness took over the crash site she held Kya in her arms as she flopped down next to a rock. She held up Kya's head, staring at her eyelids, waiting for them to open. A small pool of water rippled next to her. She would have given anything in that moment to be a water bender, so she could heal Kya, and they could walk home, together.

"Kya please.." she cried. She pulled the water bender into a one sided kiss, hoping that the fairy tales of true love would come true.
"Kya I can't do this without you." Lin wiped her tear, using the water to rub the blood off Kya's face. Dipping her hand in the pond next to her, trying to clear the rest of the blood. The cool water stung her raw skin, but she pushed through it. She stared down at Kya's cheek, it was sliced open, deep wound, Lin had no doubts it passed through the other side in some places. The thought made her cry, Kya would never see herself as beautiful again if this left a scar.

"You'll always be beautiful to me," she told her, pulling her close.

Kya took a deep breath, unable to control the smile that so often filled her face.

"I've never seen you so excited in your life little sis," Bumi jested, straightening his tux coat.

"Bumi I'm getting married. To the girl of my dreams. I'll never be happier." He placed an arm on her shoulder.

"I know. Now let's get you married." She nodded, taking one last glance at herself in the mirror. Admiring her waist in her lace blue dress, the gemstones in it sparkling in the light.

"I'll be at the altar." Pema said, giving Kya a hug and parting ways.

"I hope Lin did okay, I know her and Su fight a lot. I hope Su wasn't to pushy with her Lin likes-"

"Relax." Bumi told her. "Lin will be fine. She's probably out there waiting for you." Kya nodded, reassured. Music began to play, letting Kya know that Ikki was making her way down the isle, tossing flowers to the family.

"I'm ready." She said with confidence.

"Good, now let's get out there." She linked her arm in her brothers, taking one last breath, as the doors opened, and the wedding began. She tried not to cry as she saw all her friends and family sitting there, waving at her, cheering her on. Jinora and Pema standing in their places, behind where she would be in a few minutes. Mako, and Su stood behind Lin, Kya still couldn't believe the metalbender had asked Mako to her groomsmen.  Then there was Lin, in a dark green dress, it was simple, but when Kya got closer she could see the hidden designs in it. It had a neckline that outlined Lin's chest perfectly  her porcelain skin standing out like a beacon of light. Kya let Bumi slip from her grasp as she claimed the small steps to meet Lin, who looked at her like she was the center of the world. She smiled, a little nervous, but also to instill confidence. Tenzin stepped out from behind the podium, revealing himself with a small cough.

"Hello, everyone. I am Tenzin, and today I will be wedding my sister, and one of my best friends." He looked at them with a smile.

"Do you guys have vows ready?" Theh nodded and Lin was invited to go first.

"When you stumbled into my apartment, stoned and drunk, looking for a place to crash, I never thought it would lead to this," Kya blushed.
"I never imagined you'd become the center of my life, the one thing I look forward to coming home to, the person who never seems to leave my mind. I never imagined how quickly I'd fall in love you with you. I would do it all over again if I could, just so I could  fall in love with you twice. Because once doesn't seem like enough." Kya smiled, wishing she could kiss Lin right now.

"When you told me you were dating my little brother," she started, "I honestly didn't believe you. I wanted to date Lin Beifong, it wasn't fair. But here we are, I got you, I got you to love me like I have you for so long. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else, because I couldn't spend it with anyone else. I will love you forever, Lin, through this time, and the next. I won't be away from you ever again." Kya saw Lin wipe a tear, which she was certain Lin would deny later.

"Lin, do you promise to love and protect my sister through this lifetime, and the next."

"Absolutely."

"Kya, do you promise to love and protect Lin through this lifetime and the next?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Then I, Master Tenzin, announce you wife and wife, you may kiss your bride." They wasted no time in pulling each other into a kiss. Lin picked Kya off the floor, her legs went behind her as she was swung around, in the arms of her wife. Forever and always. 

"Kya? Kya!" Lin shouted with glee as the waterbender opened her eyes. Kya's hand went to her cheek, the waterbender frowned when she felt the wound, better than it had been the last time, but it was still large. The stitches hadn't come out yet.
"You're getting better," Lin reassured her. Kya looked around the room, squinting. Lin shut off the lights with her bending, sliding onto the hospital bed. Kya looked at the wraps around her hands with a frown.

"I'm okay, its just minor burns. You hit your head, and your cheek... your arm is broken. Your mother is on her way. This shitty hospital is going to have to do for now." Kya glared at her. The waterbender didn't understand Lin's grudge against hospitals, a story for another time.

"Kya... I was so scared I lost you. You were.... you were gone for so long... something happened out there Kya. I don't know what I did but-" Kya halted her by breaking into a cough.

"Water?" Lin asked, and she nodded. Lin got the cup of water from off the night stand and brought it to Kya's face. The waterbender waved it off and Lin held it in confusion. It wasn't until a drop lifted into the air that Lin understood. She was testing her bending, all of this and she was worried about her bending. She ran her thumb over Kya's good cheek, and Kya did the same. Lin pressed her nose to the other girls.

"I love you," she whispered. Kya blinked, but Lin understood.

"When you get all healed up, you can tell me all about your coma dreams," Lin said. Kya shook her head and Lin feigned offense.

"Why not?" Kya looked around, using her hand to imitate a pen. Lin grabbed the clipboard filled with medical what-nots the doctor left and handed it to her girlfriend.

I want it to be a surprise. Was all she wrote. Lin shrugged, taking the clipboard and putting it back. She laid down next to Kya, the nurse would most definitely tell her to leave or go to her own bed when she came back, so she would take this time to be close to her. So she could feel Kya's heartbeat next to her when she couldn't hear her breathing. She curled herself around Kya, finally falling into a sleep next her, wondering what it was Kya had dreamt about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.1K 44
"How are you so excited? You're insane!" "I know!" Many call her crazy and wreckless. She takes that as a compliment. Join one girl's crazy ride with...
17.6K 456 51
This is a Korra x Reader. (Y/n) is the owner of a flower shop in republic city. She is a non bender who was living a normal boring life and she was...
55.5K 1.4K 43
This is a bunch of female LOK/Atla characters x fem readers. All character will be above the age of 18 unless stated otherwise (just so it's not Wier...
9.9K 341 24
"I want you to know, though, that it wasn't just a desire to keep balance in the world that pushed me to sign up for this, again and again." After su...