Bride In Blue

By shree_storyteller

An impulsive decision along with a sinister idea was enough to create a mess. The mess was big enough to turn... More

Trailer
Character Sketch And Cast
CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns
CH 2 || Tickets To Give Away Freedom
CH 3 || The Mistake
CH 4 || Worst Was Yet To Come
CH 5 || Just A Trailer
CH 6 || Married To A Stranger
CH 7 || Bride In Blue
CH 8 || Take A Step
CH 9 || Sleepless Mind
CH 10 || Anvi 2.0
CH 11 || Piece Of Advice
CH 12 || Rules
CH 13 || Stuck In A Quagmire
CH 14 || Perpetrator
CH 16 || Overlook The Guilt Of The Past
CH 17 || Uncanny Encounter
CH 18 || Trust
CH 19 || Twice is a pattern
CH 20 || Facade Of Strength
CH 21 || Mistake
CH 22 || The One In Red
CH 23 || The Game
CH 24 || The Real Impediments
CH 25 || The Trap
CH 26 || His Eternal Love
CH 27 || Rage
CH 28 || Anything But Peaceful
CH 29 || Brink Of Betrayal
CH 30 || Unforeseeable Future
CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable
CH 32 || Heiress
CH 33 || Period Of Intense Melancholy
CH 34 || Either Sister or Mister
Epilogue || A Wounded Lion
Last Author's Note

CH 15 || Loser

1.9K 225 145
By shree_storyteller

"Hi." My heart jumped out of my chest but when I saw the familiar face I took a breath of relief.

"What happened?" Nikhil asked and took a seat in front of me. His eyes were filled with concern

"Nothing, you scared me," I replied by placing a hand on my heart to calm my accelerated heartbeat.

"Weren't you expecting me here?"

"Why would I?" I asked not getting what he meant.

"Damn! That hurts," he exclaimed, putting his hand on his heart. I was amused by his reaction.

I knitted my brows looking at him when he said, "Now I am not even a barista in your eyes. Oh poor lord what have I done to you that my wife neither considers me a businessman nor a barista."

That's when the reality sunk in. I was sitting in Keepers Cafe which was his. My eyes widened and I felt embarrassed.

"I am so sorry. I..I actually forgot that it's Keepers Cafe. I am really sorry." I stuttered.

"Hey...hey. It's totally fine. You don't have to apologize for something like this."

"I am genuinely sorry. It slipped my mind."

'Great going Anvi' mocked my inner-self.

"Don't worry, Anvi. It happens. Calm Down. I was just pulling your leg." His serene smile assured me that it wasn't big of a deal that I forgot the profession of my husband.

"So what are you doing here? I thought you will be at home." He questioned. I pointed toward the pile of files kept on the table and replied, "I had to pick up some stuff from my place."

"Oh."

"That's all you had there?" He asked eyeing my stuff kept on the table.

"No, I thought to pick up the rest of the stuff later when I will tell my roommate about my marriage. I haven't told her anything yet."

"Cool." Nikhil's reply was discreet and I didn't know how he felt when I said I hadn't told my roommate. Nikhil didn't look the way he used to before. It seemed as if he was upset as if something was bothering him.

I wanted him to share with me and I had no idea why. It seemed as if I could help him. But the fact that we weren't that close stopped me from asking him, stopped me from showing my concern. Nikhil asked one of his staff to bring two hot cups of cappuccino for us. Thankfully, it was something I liked.

"Chetna Di told me you had an important meeting today." I initiated another conversation as I didn't like it when he was silent.

"The meeting got over in the morning and the rest of them are scheduled after five." He replied after the cappuccino was placed on our table by an elderly lady who smiled lovingly at us before leaving.

Nikhil and I ran out of topics to discuss. I was sipping the hot cappuccino looking out of the window when suddenly I felt someone's hand on my hair.

I moved back to which Nikhil replied, "Sorry, this piece of paper was stuck to your hair."

"Oh, thanks," I replied feeling so stupid of myself. The paper would have stuck for long and I was sitting like an idiot in front of him.

"Your hair is wet," he commented.

"Yeah, I took a shower not more than an hour ago." When he looked confused I replied timidly, "I got up a little late."

Nikhil looked at his watch and smiling showed the time to me which stated it was four-thirty and said, "A little late."

And again I had embarrassed myself in front of him. I felt as if I was setting records of embarrassing myself in front of Nikhil.

"I need to leave. I have a meeting in half an hour. Come, I will drop you home." He said.

"No, I will be fine. You will get late if you will come to drop me."

"They can wait for the CEO."

"But..." I was still speaking when Nikhil stood up and took up the stack of files kept on the table.

"Nikhil," I called but he was gone out of the cafe already. He kept them inside the car and opened the gate of the passenger door for me.

Nikhil dropped me at his house and then went to his office. I was completely fine with him and not for a moment I had that weird feeling of someone following me since our encounter in the cafe.

I realized I was just being paranoid and went inside the house.

After I dropped Anvi at the house I had to go through three meetings back to back. Till I was done, I was exhausted but I still had an important issue to deal with, Dia.

I decided to meet her before heading towards home and to make her believe the truth she wasn't ready to believe.

I was still in my car outside Dia's house at eleven in the night. She was still not at home but I was determined to finish whatever was between us once and for all.

In between, I texted Mrs. Chetna, informed her that I will be late, and asked her not to wait for me over dinner. I was flabbergasted to know that Anvi hadn't slept and was waiting for me but I made an excuse for an important meeting.

It didn't seem right but I had no option.

After waiting for around more than an hour I spotted a car stopped in front of Dia's house. It was my and Dia's common friend Stella's car. Stella left when Dia stepped out of the car.

I watched Dia moving towards her house with wobbly legs. It was evident she was drunk. I got alarmed looking at her state and got out of the car.

I quickened my pace to reach her before she could fall. She anyhow had managed to reach her doorstep but was unable to unlock her house. I reached to her and snatched the keys from her shaking hands.

I was enraged because of her being so careless. After the gate opened I pulled her with me inside.

"Leave...leaveee me.." she slurred.

"You are drunk?" I questioned after I switched on the lights.

"Oh, so my so-called lover decided to show up. Greatttt." she clapped. She was making me furious at her.

"Why the hell were you not picking up my calls?" I questioned as I was trying to call since my meeting got over but she didn't pick up even once.

"Why should I? Huh?" She tried to walk towards me but her state didn't allow and she stumbled.

"Careful." I held her before she could fall. I was making her stand on her feet when saw the unshed tears in her eyes.

"Why Nikhil? What did I do to you?" Her lips quivered in the end.

She stood straight and pushed me yelling, "WHY?"

"I thought you would come to me to tell me it was all a lie. I waited, waited for you to come and hug me and assure me that what you said in the office was a mere prank but how...how stupid I was." She cried. I had never seen her this vulnerable. Her state was making my heart clench.

"Dia, I..."

"No, Nikhil. Let me speak today, please." I had to give in front of her plea. The tears were freely rolling down her cheeks.

"I fell for you long back but always suppressed my feelings because you...you never felt the same way." I was astounded. I had no idea Dia liked me for long.

"I was on cloud nine when we started dating. I was certain you will fall for me just like me. But I was so wrong." She let a chuckle leave her throat before pointing her finger towards me. Fire blazing out of her eyes as she said, "You were the one I loved and you hurt me so bad. You broke my heart into..."

"Into pieces...You destroyed ever.., everything." Dia slumped down on the floor.

She looked up at me and said the words that froze me at my place, "I love you, Nikhil. I have loved you for a long time. Alas! My poor heart got pain in return."

I bent down to her level after composing myself and hugged her close to my chest.

"I am sorry, Dia. I am truly sorry." My apologies were of no use because I had hurt her so terribly that nothing could heal her but I was ready for any kind of punishment.

I pulled back, cupped her cheeks, and said," I will do anything to earn your forgiveness, anything. Just please don't cry." My eyes were teary as well but my pain was nothing in front of her.

"Anything?" I nodded after which I heard her saying, "Divorce your wife then."

"Wha..what?"

"What happened? Nikhil Arora is speechless?" she mocked and removed my hands from her cheeks.

After she got up she asked me to do the same.

"I know you. You will never hurt another soul to bring happiness to another one's life. You are not that kind of a person. " she stated, smiling sadly at me.

In seconds her eyes were filled with hatred for me as she uttered the next words feeling disgusted, "Get out of my house,"

I didn't move. I needed to explain myself. Moreover, she was not in her right state and I didn't have the guts to leave her like that.

"I said, GET OUT." she screamed and opened the door showing me a way out of her house.

I felt ashamed for what I did. I didn't budge from my place but in a few seconds she held my hand and threw me out.

"Don't you dare to show your face again," she shouted and shut the door on my face. I heard her cries standing outside of her house. Her cries grew louder and louder with passing time making my eyes watery.

I slumped down there outside of her house feeling like a Loser

Do share your views about the chapter.😇

Nikhil is devastated now. What do you think will he do now?🤔

What about Anvi? Was she paranoid or someone was really following her?🤔

Let's hope that I come back soon with another update.🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
16.9K 856 24
Status ~ Ongoing THE SAGA OF LOVE ~ Falling for someone unexpectedly & passionately. ________________________________________ Hey Sunshines 🌻 This...
368K 36.3K 72
| 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together through the gulf in their marriage to catch...
126K 5.7K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...