Something Different

By yurilovergirl22

Have you ever wondered if vampires, werewolves, witches, goblins, and all those mythical creatures you've rea... More

†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚†
†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆†

†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆†

73 8 0
By yurilovergirl22

Chapter Three - Meeting my babysitter?

•°•°•

It was the next day and the day I'll be officially meeting the person that'll be attending school with me - well, watching over me.

I was quite curious in what kind of person they'll be or should I say, what kind of species will they be;I mean my mother said it was one of her friends. So I'm sure it might be a vampire, but then again.. She said they'll be attending school with me, which doesn't make sense that my mother will be friends with someone my age.

I was currently outside, only because my mother told me that I should wait for her arrival - and yes, it was a "she" I knew that much on who will be tagging along with me to the academy that I was shortly gonna attend, which was like in a couple of days from now and my parents thought it'll be a good idea - so that, I can get to know my "babysitter" a little.

I was starting to get tired waiting up. It was both from the duel I had yesterday with my mother and also the nonstop training I had to go through.

Once I was about to dose off to sleep. I felt a strong wind brush against my skin, which caused me to open my eyes and that's when I noticed something flying in the sky.

As it neared I noticed that it was a white dragon. I was confused in why was a dragon flying near this part of the underworld, cause dragons are usually spotted far from where I lived - not like I've seen any in person - this was actually my first time seeing a dragon up close.

"That's her" I heard my mother say, which startled me, cause I didn't know she was standing right next to me the whole time.

"A dragon?" I was still confused.

"Her name is Korra" My mother said, as we watched the dragon land in front of us, with the strong breeze from it's wings almost knocking us off our feets - well mine though.

When the dragon landed on the ground in front of us. I was surprised to see it transform into a little girl, her hair was long and white as snow, just like the color of the dragon that she once was.

When the girl noticed my mom, her eyes lit up.

"Phoenix!" The little girl ran towards my mother and jumped on her, giving her a big tight hug.

"This is the person that's gonna watch me?" Now I was more confused. This girl looked like she could be my little sister.

"Yes, Korra is gonna be the one watching over you for me and your father".

"But she's just a little girl? " I really didn't understand anything right now.

"Hey, I'm older than I look!" Korra looked offended with her crossing her arms.

"Sure you are" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"I'm older than you and your mother combined!" Korra stated. I have to admit. She honestly looked cute with her puffy cheeks.

"Aww~ you're so adorable~" I teased, cooing at her like she was a widdle baby, as I pinched her cheek.

I was surprised to hear an amused laugh come from my mother, which made Korra even more flustered.

"Phoenix it's not funny! Control your daughter!" Korra slapped my hand away from her face.

"I'm sorry" My mother let out an amused light laugh "She isn't wrong though - you are cute" She said with a smile on her face.

"Stop it!" Korra covered her face, seeing her face all flushed from my mother's comment.

My mother then laughed. It was out of the ordinary for me to see my mother laugh so hard, cause I never seen this side of her. Sure, my father makes jokes here and there, but it doesn't get my mom laughing this much.

"Okay mom, now you're scaring me" I said. She wasn't really scaring me. She was just freaking me out. My mom is a scary vampire and it's very rare for her to show her soft side, even to her own daughter.

"That's good" My mother said in a tone, that I wasn't sure if she was joking or serious.

"Anyways, along with Korra accompanying you at school. She's also gonna help you control your vampire side" She explained, which I wasn't sure how a dragon is gonna help me control my vampire form.

"Why can't you teach me?" I questioned.

"Because Korra wasn't born a dragon. She was cursed" My mother explained, which surprised me "So she basically had to learn how to control this new side of her - and now that's what you gotta do" She finished off.

"Just leave it to me Phoenix!" Korra said determined to help me control my vampire form.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

We decided to go inside after Korra's arrival, as my mom suggested that Korra should bunk with me, despite how big the castle was. She wanted Korra to share a room with me. I disliked the idea, but I had to go with it. Because I can't argue with my mother.

She's scary...

Me and Korra was currently in the family room. My mother had other matters to attend, so she just left us to get to know each other and I still believe that Korra was just a child. Because she was so interested in watching kids shows.

I found it quite funny in how amazed she was when she found out we had a TV and what was it for, only because we were the only monsters in the underworld that even has human stuffs, which it was pretty obvious why we do.

We were currently watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which Korra found interesting to watch.

"Are you even sure that you are older than me and my mother?" I said, cause I still couldn't believe that this little girl was even close to our age. Because it's like she has a child's mind and that's just how I feel.

"I was here way before you guys were even born" Korra told me, as she went back to concentrating on the show in front of her.

I was curious in what's her backstory and since we're gonna have to be together 'till the day I graduate from the monster academy - then now is a pretty good time.

"Well, why don't you tell me more about yourself" I told her "Since we are gonna be together for quite awhile" I added, cause she's basically gonna be sticking to me like glue. Because of my parents orders.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt" Korra said, as she joined me at the couch - taking one cookie from the table that my mom made, but then regretted it - once she took a bite into it.

"What kind of food is this?!" I had to laugh at her reaction, cause it was so funny, but also - she was lucky that my mother wasn't in the room or else..well, I don't even wanna talk about it.

"It's called a cookie - it's like a snack for humans" I explained.

"Humans has weird taste, I swear" Korra shivered in disgust, placing the already bitten cookie back on the plate.

"It usually taste good, but my mother is still learning to cook on her own" I wasn't sure why my mom was learning how to cook. Because she didn't need to eat anything, but just drink blood - but then again, maybe she just wanted to fit in whenever we visit my grandparents.

"Phoenix taking up hobbies now - that's very unusual" Korra mumbled to herself, as she then went back to what we were talking about earlier "Anyways, what do you wanna know?".

I thought for a bit before speaking "Well, how did you and my mother came to know each other?" I asked, curiously.

"Well.." Korra thought back to the memory "It all started...".

~Flashback~

Korra had to do an errand for her master, Salem. She hated it honestly.

"Why does your client have to be located in the forest of never return?" Korra was terrified by thought of her entering and not returning back out - hence the name - "Why can't she meet up here?" She asked, trying to change Salem's mind in sending her to the forest.

"Because Korra, Phoenix is one of my best customers and I don't want her to take a trip here - besides, you'll be fine" Salem just had that malicious smile on her face, which would scare Korra at times.

- xx

"Wait, who's Salem?" I asked, interrupting Korra's storytelling.

"Am I telling the story or you?" Korra didn't like being interrupted, especially since it just started "But to answer your question, Salem is my master and the one that cursed me" She explained.

"Why help her out with errands when she did that to you?" I didn't understand why Korra was helping such a woman.

Korra sighed "It wasn't like I had a choice" She said, thinking back to her people that Salem killed by burning down her village - leaving only her to survive.

"At first, I vowed to get more stronger to avenge my people, but things has changed".

"So, what was that - that changed?".

"Well, I started to realize that Salem was different than stories portray her as. She had a heart that she never shown anyone, but me" Korra started "Sure, I would never fully forgive her for what she did to my people - leaving me the only one to survive, but I've learned during my time with Salem - that I shouldn't dwell so much on the past, cause it'll get me no where" She explained "Even if I did manage to kill Salem - which I highly doubt that'll ever happen - I wouldn't know what to do for myself. I am immortal. I have no one" She finished off "But I'm glad I didn't go down that path, cause I'm happy with my life now" She added, with a smile on her face.

I still thought that it wasn't worth helping a person like Salem, but who am I to judge? I just met Korra and if she's happy with her life, then I obviously have no say in it.

"Anyways, do you still wanna hear about me and your mother?" Korra asked, which I just nodded in response.

"Okay, where did I stop at.." She was honestly thinking about it.

"The part where you were scared to visit the forest of no return" I told her with an amused smile, rolling my eyes.

"Oh yeah! Anyways...".

~Back to flashback~

Korra was at the entranc to the forest of no return.

"Why do I like to put myself in these situations?" She said to herself, as she simply stepped in the forest, despite how scared she was.

It was dark, even though before you enter. It was clearly still daylight.

The only things you can hear was the animals, which was enough to scare Korra, hearing them all in different directions.

Korra you can do this! She thought to herself, as she tried to ignore the sounds coming from the forest. Because it started to not be only animals, but the whispers and the cries of people that didn't have any luck leaving this cursed forest.

"I'm sure Salem is probably laughing at me right now, knowing damn well she's watching me" Korra said to herself. She knew that Salem may have a cold exterior, but only she was able to see Salem's soft side.

"Did you say Salem?" Korra jumped at the sound of a person's voice behind her. She was scared to turn around, but did so either way - seeing a person wearing a black cloak. She couldn't tell how the person looked, cause their face was covered by a black hoodie.

"Please don't kill me!" She shielded her face with her arms, being surprised, hearing the mysterious person laugh.

"If I was gonna kill you then you would've been dead already" The mysterious person, put down their hood, revealing their face.

Korra just stared at the woman, as if she was in a small trance, but then soon snapped out of it once she realized in why she was here.

"So, are you Phoenix?" She asked, assuming it was the person she was supposed to meet.

"Yes, I assume you're Korra, right?" The woman spoke, as she just studied Korra. She was surprised that Salem sent someone so young, into a forest like this.

"Great, can we do this exchange outside the forest?" Korra looked over her shoulder, as if someone was looking right at them, but there was no one, cause if there was. Phoenix would've sense them.

"Whatever makes you comfortable" Phoenix said with an amused look on her face, escorting the scared little girl out of the forest.

~End of flashback~

"And that, was that" Korra said, ending the story, a bit proud in how she told it.

Once Korra was finished. I finally let out my laughter that I was holding in.

"I knew you were such a child" I said between laughs.

"I am NOT a child!" Korra retorted, with her arms crossed.

"So are" I couldn't help, but laugh some more, I haven't laughed this hard in days.

"Am no-".

"What's all the ruckus about?" I heard my mother's voice enter the living room, cutting Korra off.

"You're daughter is teasing me!".

"Because you're scared of a forest" I said, as I tried to calm myself down from laughing, already feeling the tears form.

"I was not scared of the forest!" Korra denied.

"Really? Who was the one that made me carry her out the forest while we exited" My mother said, with an amused look on her face.

"PHOENIX! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL HER THAT!".

Now it was my mother's turn to burst into fits of laughter.

I guess this wouldn't be so bad after all...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 906 33
[YURI/LES/GxG] The sun who calls for the night and the moon calls for the day collides in one unique bond of being mate. Story of 2 different creatur...
55K 1.8K 90
She gazed into her dark brown eyes with lust and pain. A rose as red as her tainted lips she'd put behind her ear, still holding it there, never want...
784 4 19
She has grown up, always being watched over, always getting pushed around, never getting a second to breathe... She even has to prepare how to become...
7.7K 594 30
→First Book Written← [Note:I both love this book & hate it. I love it for my characters, but hate it. Because it didn't go how I originally planned i...