Steven Universe: The Return...

By Marcos_17A

It's been about a year since Steven embarked on a journey of self-discovery across the country, also since he... More

【IMPORTANT NOTICE】
1. The Return
2. Relaxing Day
3. Attack On Homeworld
4. Tagged
5. Scold
6. Gems Out
7. Problems
8. Pink Again
9. Revelation
10. It's Your Fault
11. Unexpected Call
12. Let's Go To Homeworld
13. Other Matters
14. Gems Rejuvenation
15. New Era
16. Outburst
17. Scars
18. Escape Attempt
19. I'll Be Back
20. A Plan Is Needed
21. Rules
22. To Each Their Own Plans
23. The Best Opportunity
24. Here We Are
25. The Rescue
26. Classic Drama
27. Independence
28. Wrong Way
29. Made Of Love
30. Found Out
31. Water Fight
32. Failed Attempt
33. Her Bad Experiences
34. Quartz Battle
35. Stubborn
36. Retreat
37. Communication Cut Off.
38. They Know Everything
39. Can't Bear It Anymore
40. Unwind
41. Just Around The Corner
42. Head On
43. Taking Risks
44. Stealth
45. Burden
46. A Matter Of Time
47. Free Fall
48- The Most Powerful Form
49. Presence
50- Got Out Of Hand
51- Pressure
52- Destruction
53- Brute Strength
54- Past Pains
55- One More Piece
56. Alone No More
57. See You Never
58. Different Circumstances
59. Hassle
60- Bad Friends
61- Can't Forget
62- Diamond Power
63- The Past Is Past
64- Don't Leave Me
65- Dawn On
66- Where Is She?
67- Save Gems
69- Under Control
70- Worthless
71- Perfection
72. Flaws
73. Trust
74. The Perfect Diamond
75. Human Being
76. The End Light
77. Stroke Of Luck
78- In Need Of Help
79- We'll Not Abandon You
80- Together 'Till The End
81- Just A Distraction
82- Regret
83- The Incinerator
84- End Of The Line
85- Steven Falls
86- My Other Self
87- Misused
88- Self-Love
89- What Happened To Them?
90- Is Everything Fine?
91- Freedom
92- Conclusion
93- New Changes
94- Second Chance
95- Good Progress
96- Irredeemable?
97- Sooner Or Later
98- What Should I Do?
99- So We Can Be Together
100- In The Future
THANK YOU FOR READING

68- It's Getting Away

178 3 0
By Marcos_17A

(As Steven's team walks down a hallway, they find a room where some rubble is blocking the entrance and Gems can be heard screaming for help from inside.)

Steven: Did you guys hear that? It seems there are Gems in there.

Spinel: Then we should remove the rubble blocking the entrance ASAP, right?

Steven: Why is it even a question? Let's help them!

Jasper: When it comes to helping, count me out.

Steven: I know.

Jasper: I'll just stand guard over here, okay?

Steven: Fine.

(Steven and Spinel manage to remove all the rubble from the entrance, once inside the room, they find a bunch of Pearls terrified of what happened.)

Steven: They are all Pearls.

Spinel: So it seems. At least they're not such complicated Gems to deal with.

Steven: *shouts* Are any of you hurt?!

(The bunch of Pearls panic, so they run to a corner of the room, then hug each other while shivering in fear.)

Steven: Whoa, take it easy! We're not here to hurt you.

Spinel: Exactly. Just chill out a little bit, okay?

(The Pearls are still terrified.)

Spinel: It gets worse.

Steven: Shoot, what can we do to calm them down? Any ideas, Spinel?

Spinel: Hmm– Oh, I got it! *pulls out the Rubies' gemstones* Just check this out! *begins juggling the gemstones* Cool, huh?

Steven: Didn't you have something else to juggle?

Spinel: Nope! But Look, It's working.

(The Pearls, visibly captivated, find Spinel's juggling entertaining, so they begin to calm down.)

Steven: Yeah! Well done, Spinel, you're entertaining them!

Spinel: *juggling* Of course, entertaining people is my specialty.

Steven: You see, Pearls? We just want to help you, so if any of you are hurt, let me know. I can heal any kind of wound!

(A familiar Pearl steps forward, approaches Steven and Spinel and turns out to be Pink Pearl.)

Spinel: *still juggling* Pink Diamond's Pearl! I mean, the old one.

Pink Pearl: If you really want to help us, do you think you can help me with this? *points at her cracked eye* I don't even know how it happened.

Steven: Uh... I'm so sorry, in the past I tried to heal you once and it didn't work.

Pink Pearl: Oh.

Steven: Man, that crack didn't heal even with rejuvenation. Sometimes Mom's powers terrify me.

Spinel: I feel you.

Steven: Poor pearl, it's a shame that even with Mom's own powers I can't reverse the damage she did to her.

Spinel: You know, I saw this Pearl a couple of times, one day she was just replaced, I never knew why. But I didn't imagine that Pink had hurt her this way, she never showed that kind of power when she spent time with me.

Steven: Well, your assignment was to keep her happy, wasn't it? Those destructive powers only manifest through anger. I guess you were doing fine.

Spinel: I don't know. Why'd she abandon me in the garden then?

Steven: *nervously* Uhhh... These Pearls won't get their memories back on their own, so let's get cracking!

Spinel: Don't try to evade me, Steven!

Steven: *giggles* Sorry.

(A few moments later, Steven has already gotten many of the Pearls back to normal, while Spinel is still juggling for them.)

Pink Pearl: *watches in amazement and claps for Spinel* Wow! No wonder you were Pink's favorite playmate.

Spinel: Uh, actually, I don't think so.

Pink Pearl: *blushes in embarrassment* Uhhh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that, I just, uh... You're doing great, better than anyone else!

Spinel: *blushes* Hehe, thank you.

Steven: Spinel, be careful. You've been juggling for several minutes without resting, you could've an accident and crack the Ruby gems.

Spinel: Don't fret – I used to juggle Pink for hours on end without a break, so you could say that I've got this stuff down-

(The area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Spinel to accidentally drop the gemstones she was juggling with.)

Spinel: *giggles* Whoops! An accident.

Steven: Spinel, what did I tell you?

Spinel: *picks up the Rubies' gemstones* Well they're still intact.

Steven: You'd better store them in your gem, Spinel.

Spinel: Yes, I will. *stores them in her gemstone*

Steven: By the way, what was that noise?

(Jasper notices something strange when she looks out the window, so she quickly runs into the room.)

Jasper: My Diamond, my Diamond!!

Steven: Jasper, what is it?

Jasper: You gotta see this! White Diamond's ship is trying to take off!

Steven: *surprised* What'd you say!?!

(A while ago, White Diamond's ship was buried in some rubble, the noise was because the ship is trying to get out of it.)

Steven: *looking out the window* Wasn't there supposed to be no one in that ship?!

Spinel: Well, apparently now someone wants to get off the planet in it.

(Suddenly, Yellow and Blue Diamond's Arm Ships are activated.)

Spinel: What?!

Steven: Those ships too!

(The two Arm Ships begin to remove the rubble blocking the exit to White Diamond's ship.)

Steven: What the heck is going on here?!

Spinel: No idea, bro.

(Yellow and Blue Diamond's ships manage to remove all the rubble, freeing White Diamond's ship.)

Steven: They did it!

(The Arm Ships begin to attach to White Diamond's ship. Glowing energy courses down the vein-like structures along the exterior of the ship as the arms firmly attach to the ship, forming the Diamond Mech, but without Pink Diamond's legs. At the same time the ship takes off into space.)

Jasper: It's getting away!

Steven: Not if I can help it!

Spinel: What?!

Steven: Guys, take care of the Pearls and wait for me here! I'll be right back!

Spinel: Wait, what're you gonna do?!

Steven: I'm gonna stop the one who's trying to escape!

Spinel: But–

(Without listening to anyone, Steven floats up at high speed towards the Diamond Mech that is moving away.)

Spinel: Steven!

Jasper: He's gone.

Spinel: That was an impulsive act, he shouldn't have rushed in like that. He should've at least come up with a plan-

Bluebird: *suddenly bursts into laughter* Very good, go straight to your doom, Steven!

Jasper: Huh?

Spinel: What did you just say?!

Bluebird: AAH! I said nothing!

Jasper: Come on, speak up!!!

Bluebird: Make me!

Jasper: If you insist so much. *cracks her knuckles* I'll be glad to do so!

Bluebird: *shaking in fear* Wait, hold on! Don't you dare!!

(In the meantime, Steven manages to get the incomplete Diamond Mech.)

Steven: *clinging tightly* I've just gotta get to the eye and get in through it.

(Steven climbs his way up the Diamond Mech until he reaches the eye and enters through it. Once inside, his eyes widen and he is dumbfounded by what he sees.)

Steven: *shocked* No... way! I... can't believe... what my eyes see!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.4K 72
You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Quiet town called Beach City, You soon meet...
46 1 2
What if there was a new family who is moving to Beach city just have a peaceful life, but they ended up meeting a strange boy who is so overly Positi...
47.6K 380 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
1.2K 38 10
Steven's Back Home Again. But with a new attitude and outlook. Now more assertive and not as affected by the opinions of others, how will things chan...