Steven Universe: The Return...

By Marcos_17A

It's been about a year since Steven embarked on a journey of self-discovery across the country, also since he... More

【IMPORTANT NOTICE】
1. The Return
2. Relaxing Day
3. Attack On Homeworld
4. Tagged
5. Scold
6. Gems Out
7. Problems
8. Pink Again
9. Revelation
10. It's Your Fault
11. Unexpected Call
12. Let's Go To Homeworld
13. Other Matters
14. Gems Rejuvenation
15. New Era
16. Outburst
17. Scars
18. Escape Attempt
19. I'll Be Back
20. A Plan Is Needed
21. Rules
22. To Each Their Own Plans
23. The Best Opportunity
24. Here We Are
25. The Rescue
26. Classic Drama
27. Independence
28. Wrong Way
29. Made Of Love
30. Found Out
31. Water Fight
32. Failed Attempt
33. Her Bad Experiences
34. Quartz Battle
35. Stubborn
36. Retreat
37. Communication Cut Off.
38. They Know Everything
39. Can't Bear It Anymore
40. Unwind
41. Just Around The Corner
42. Head On
43. Taking Risks
44. Stealth
45. Bring Up The Rear
46. A Matter Of Time
47. Free Fall
48. Last Resort
49. Presence
50. Out Of Hand
51. Pressure
52- Destruction
53- Brute Strength
54- Past Pains
55- One More Piece
56. Alone No More
57. See You Never
58. Different Circumstances
59. Hassle
60- Bad Friends
61- Can't Forget
62- Diamond Power
64- Don't Leave Me
65- Dawn On
66- Where Is She?
67- Save Gems
68- It's Getting Away
69- Under Control
70- Worthless
71- Perfection
72. Flaws
73. Trust
74. The Perfect Diamond
75. Human Being
76. The End Light
77. Stroke Of Luck
78- In Need Of Help
79- We'll Not Abandon You
80- Together 'Till The End
81- Just A Distraction
82- Regret
83- The Incinerator
84- End Of The Line
85- Steven Falls
86- My Other Self
87- Misused
88- Self-Love
89- What Happened To Them?
90- Is Everything Fine?
91- Freedom
92- Conclusion
93- New Changes
94- Second Chance
95- Good Progress
96- Irredeemable?
97- Sooner Or Later
98- What Should I Do?
99- So We Can Be Together
100- In The Future
THANK YOU FOR READING

63- The Past Is Past

243 4 0
By Marcos_17A

Jasper: *walks up to Lapis* Lapis.

Lapis: *crosses her arms and looks away* Tch. Keep your distance with me, otherwise you got real trouble. *she said getting defensive*

Jasper: Don't get defensive. I just need you to know that unlike you, I don't hold any kind of grudge against you.

Lapis: What!? Why not? In the past, we both hurt each other a lot.

Jasper: The past is past, and I don't care about it.

Lapis: Um?

Jasper: What matters most to me is power, strength and nothing else. So if someone is better than me at that, I have nothing left but respect and admiration for them. You understand that, don't you?

Lapis: I just understand that you're out of your mind.

Jasper: Of all the Gems around my Diamond, you're the strongest individually. Just look at how destroyed you left this place.

Lapis: That's not something I'm proud of, it's likely that many Gems have died because of me.

Jasper: There's no reason to be sorry, sacrifices are part of war. Only those who are as strong as you make it through this.

Lapis: Enough! Get to the point, don't think that the problems between us will be solved just because you're flattering me. You and I can never be friends, so don't even bother trying.

Jasper: Don't get me wrong.

Lapis: Huh?

Jasper: I'm not looking for you and me to be friends or anything like that, that silly stuff is unnecessary for me.

Lapis: What do you want then?

Jasper: I just want to avoid getting in trouble with the best Gem around here... After my Diamond, of course.

Lapis: Hmph.

Jasper: How about we put the past aside for a moment? Just to avoid unnecessary clashes between us, what do you say? *holds out her hand expecting a handshake*

Lapis: *nervously* Well, I...

(Lapis instantly remembered the moment when she offered her hand to fuse with Jasper. She doesn't know how to act about it, she begins to ponder it on her own, but she has many doubts regarding what she should and is about to do. But in the end, she plucks up the courage.)

Lapis: Okay. *shakes hands with Jasper* The past in the past... At least for now.

Jasper: Fine. *lets go of Lapis' hand and walks away a little bit*

Lapis: Uhmm. *looks at her hand* I guess it wasn't as awful as I thought it'd be.

(Steven and Peridot walk over to Lapis.)

Peridot: Lapis?

Steven: Everything okay?

Lapis: Yeah, I think so.

Peridot: So, how are you feelin' now?

Lapis: I feel great, it's like... like a giant weight has just been lifted off my shoulders.

Steven: That's good. I'm really glad for you.

Peridot: Me too. I congratulate you, Lapis.

Lapis: Thanks.

Steven: Did you see that it wasn't so hard? Even she took the initiative.

Lapis: Pretty sure you had something to do with it.

Steven: Of course not... Well, sort of.

Lapis: I just hope I don't regret this later.

Steven: You'll see that you won't regret it, just don't think about it.

Lapis: Yes, you're right.

Peridot: By the way, Steven. I've had this other Lapis trapped for a while now.

(Peridot shows how she has Nice Lapis paralyzed in the tractor beam of her limb enhancers.)

Peridot: What should we do with her?

Steven: Hmm, I think we should make her remember who she is, we'll do the same with the other Lapis; they both will be of great help to us.

Lapis: Hold on a sec, Steven. You're wrong about something.

Steven: What are you talking about?

Lapis: We can only make one of the two Lapis Lazulis remember who she is.

Steven: What?

Lapis: *points to Mean Lapis* No one has rejuvenated her.

Steven: Really?

(Mean Lapis is still unconscious, but Lapis rudely wakes her up by splashing water on her face.)

Mean Lapis: *coughs and gasps for air* What- *coughs* -happened!?

Lapis: She's been doing all this of her own free will.

Steven: *to Mean Lapis* Is that true?

Mean Lapis: *coughs* Yes. *coughs* It's true.

Steven: Let me guess - you hate era three too, don't you?

Mean Lapis: Actually, I don't give a damn about this new era.

Steven: Why are you doing all this then?

Mean Lapis: I'm doing it because of what you two did to me!

Steven: Excuse me? What did we ever do to you?

Mean Lapis: My partner Lapis left me because YOU and YOUR Lapis with a pearl complex put stupid ideas in her head!

Steven: We didn't force her to do anything.

Lapis: She most likely left you because you gave her good reasons to do so, so don't come here trying to blame us.

Mean Lapis: You know nothing! She and I were together for centuries! We used to have a blast when we terraformed worlds! I never gave her a single reason to leave me! Everything was just fine until you two showed up!!

Lapis: Are you sure about that?

Mean Lapis: I'm more than sure! She left me BECAUSE OF YOU TWO!! I have no doubt about it.

Steven: There's something I don't quite understand, why did you think rejuvenating her would be a good idea? She doesn't even remember you.

Mean Lapis: That doesn't matter, it's actually even better that she doesn't!

Steven: Why do you think that?

Mean Lapis: Just look at it as a fresh start! A fresh start for her and for me! Going back to the old days is just perfect, don't you think so?!

Steven: Umm...

Mean Lapis: Her not remembering me is just the price I had to pay, and it was totally worth it! All the stupid things you instilled in her are gone, so this time I took it upon myself to teach her what's right for her.

Steven: That's so wrong! You can't decide what's right or wrong for her! You're nobody to control her life!

Mean Lapis: It's just... I missed her so much, I couldn't stand another day without her. This was the only thing I could think of to get her back with me.

Lapis: Oh sure. Hurting her, lying to her and manipulating her life was the most reasonable and healthy thing you could think of.

Mean Lapis: All I wanted was to get back together with her no matter what.

Lapis: You know, up to now you haven't told us anything but the things YOU wanted, but... what about hers?

Mean Lapis: Huh?

Steven: Exactly! Have you ever thought about her feelings or what she wants?

Mean Lapis: ...

Lapis: You haven't, huh? Pretty sure she didn't want this.

Mean Lapis: What neither she nor I wanted was for you two to show up that day and try to manipulate us with your nonsense!

Steven: That's not true. We just wanted to show you that destroying organic life is wrong, as well as pointing out the beauty in it.

Lapis: We also showed you new things you might do instead of destroying.

Mean Lapis: There was no need for that! We have always been clear about what we want to do.

Steven: Oh, really? And what does she want? I assume you've asked her, haven't you?

Mean Lapis: I don't have to. Terraforming is what I like, therefore, she likes it too.

Steven: Just because you like it, doesn't mean that she should like it too! You're two different Gems!

Mean Lapis: What are you talking about? She and I are Lapis.

Steven: No, I meant that it's impossible for you to know what she really thinks because you're not her, you're two different people.

Lapis: Look. She may have liked terraforming in the past, I liked it too, it's in Lapis' nature. We realized the terrible damage that terraforming causes, though.

Mean Lapis: Pfft. Yeah, right. You two just corrupted her mind.

Steven: It should've been very clear to you what she wanted to do with her life from the moment she left you and enrolled in Little Homeschool. You just had to accept her will, yet instead, you ignored it and stomped on it.

Mean Lapis: Um?

Lapis: Is this how you show her that you love her? By rejuvenating her and forcibly imposing on her the things that only you want to do? By hurting her and ignoring her feelings? It seems more like you just want to make her suffer.

Mean Lapis: No, of course not!

Lapis: If only you could have seen how excited she was to experience new things, she looked so happy.

Mean Lapis: I... I refuse to believe that, she would never–

Steven: Why do you want her to stay stuck in the past with you? Why don't you let her move on with her life?

Lapis: It's okay that you don't want to move on, but you don't have to drag her down with you.

Mean Lapis: ...

Lapis: With time you too will be able to move on and learn to let go of the past, even I'm already beginning to understand that. Or tell me, don't you think it would've been easier to accept her as she is and visit her every now and then?

Mean Lapis: It's... more complicated than you think, you wouldn't get it.

Lapis: Yeah, whatever. *turns to Steven* Let's make her get her memories back.

Steven: Mm-hmm. *turns to Peridot* Release her.

Peridot: Right away.

Mean Lapis: Wait, don't!

(Peridot releases Nice Lapis from the tractor beam.)

Nice Lapis: *confused* Wh-what happened?! Who am I?! Where am I?!

Mean Lapis: Don't listen to them!!

Nice Lapis: Huh?

Steven: You didn't understand anything, did you?!

Lapis: Apparently, our words went in one ear and out the other.

Steven: Can't you see?! Right now she's living in a lie created and manipulated by you against her will!

Mean Lapis: But–

Steven: You've just been assuming and thinking for her without taking into account her feelings! Or is this what she wanted?! Did she want to be rejuvenated!?

Mean Lapis: ...

Lapis: Your silence only makes it abundantly clear that you don't care about her happiness, much less about her, do you?

Mean Lapis: What? Of course I do!

Lapis: Then show her that. Don't be so selfish, let her be. Respect her tastes and what she wants. Don't think only of yourself, think of her too. If you truly love her, let her go, for if she return, she was always yours; If she doesn't, then she never was.

Mean Lapis: Huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 433 24
Imagine Beach City. A normal city, normal people, normal society, a normal school. Or, at least, one can only assume so. Some might say that their sc...
114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
9.6K 347 17
You are an absolutely impossible being. A Jaspilite gem, shattered thousands of years ago, your shards inherited by various organic beings throughout...
8.5K 288 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...