Nakala

By jayemerald

Scar is gone but his spirit burns with unfinished business, but he was found another to carry on his task. Ki... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113 (Final Chapter)

Chapter 46

544 17 3
By jayemerald

"Hmm, You're back again..." Zira hummed as the hyena once stepped into her den. "What have you discovered this time?" With ears perking up the hyena looked around and realized that they didn't really know just how to relay the information they heard earlier.

"Well? Out with it?" the lioness spat, making the grey furred creature nearly jump out of their fur.

"Uh, well. I mean! It was what Nakala said," the hyena mumbled under her gaze. "He told us something. I mean... He told us himself that he talked to Scar!"

The lioness went from a seething annoyed look that instantly snapped into full attention. The hyena gave a yelp as Zira grew closer to them, expecting to be punished for something they must have done or said wrong. Rather than that the lioness simply padded forward to stand over the hyena. She looked down and told the hyena to repeat what they just said.

"He—said that he could talk to Scar," the smaller mammal quivered under the lioness' gaze. "And Scar gave him some kind of power."

"And not only that! He got into a fight earlier with another hyena named Hani and something happened to him. Nakala almost killed Hani. The only reason he stopped was because Janja stopped him."

While the hyena was relaying any information that came to their mind Zira was pacing back and forth, minding racing with everything she was told. "Go on. Continue," she demanded once again.

"W-well he said that Scar gave him extra power and that it's somehow taking over him. Like, he's losing control of himself," the hyena pawed the ground below. "Nakala even said that the power wants him to hurt others. The others think it's like Nakala's self defense. And what's crazier is Nakala can't even remember the stuff he did after he snaps out of it."

Zira said nothing in response at first, continuing her pacing. The hyena began to feel a pang of fear in their chest. Did they not tell her enough? But it was all they knew. All they could do was brace themselves, expecting the lioness to come pouncing on them.

"This is useful. This something I can use. Something I can work with to my advantage. But I'll have to involve myself for it to work," Zira thought aloud. The hyena perked up, feeling worry seep into them.

"A-are you sure that's a good idea?" the hyena dared to ask. A simple quick look for the lioness shut them up.

"But I have to figure out the best way to go about this..." Zira mused to herself. "This has to be done delicately or it won't work at all..." She finally stopped her pacing and turned her gaze to the entrance of the deeper dens.

"Yeah but do you really think—"

"Silence!" The snarl from the lioness echoes throughout the cave, making even the lioness prowling in the cave stop in their tracks. "Now listen to me. I'm going to send Vitani and Nuka with you. You're going to lead them back to your little clan. They already know what to do." The quivering hyena nodded frantically, feeling their heart pounding in their chest.

"Nuka! Vitani!" the lioness called. Within a few moments the lioness' children filed into the main cavern in front of their mother.

"I want the two of you to pay that lion, Nakala a little visit and deliver a message for me," Zira told the two of them. The two of them gave their mother a nod and padded past the concerned hyena. The smaller creature gave a little whimper and followed the two of them while Zira watched all of them leave with interest.

The sun rose over the horizon, bringing with it a new dawn and a new day. It was a day that Nakala was eager to take advantage of. After sitting down and telling the hyenas what was going on he felt light on his paws.

It was still early in the morning, only the hyenas who were coming back from and preparing to be deployed on the next patrol. That meant the training grounds would empty, save for the few hyenas who took their training as seriously as he did.

The lion padded through the dens and out of the entrance towards the grounds. From a distance he could see that the area was empty. For some reason that made him all the more eager to get back into his training. But the closer he got he could see that there was someone there. His eyes couldn't quite make out who or what it was from the distance so he continued his path forwards.

Once he got close enough to see who it was the lion stopped in his tracks. Sitting casually in the middle of the training grounds was a lion and lioness Nakala had never seen before. He nearly went into a panic thinking they were Pridelanders who came for him but upon a closer look it was clear to Nakala that these felines were from somewhere else. He cautiously padded closer to them.

"Uh, who are you two?" Nakala dared to ask.

The lioness, who was casually preening her fur looked up at the lion and gave a bored sigh. "We're here to give you a little message."

"Yeah, there's been a lot of talk about you. We know a very special lioness who wants to speak with you," the lankier male spoke up.

"They do?" Nakala responded, a hint of suspicion in his voice. Something about the two of them seemed off to the lion. They both seemed much too calm to be in the territory of a large hyena clan. How they were not seen by the patrols was a mystery in itself. All of it screamed at Nakala to be on his guard.

"Yeah, we'll come back tonight. Then we'll take you to her," the lioness spoke, standing up. The lion stood up as well. Nakala had many questions blazing in his mind when the other felines turned and began to walk away. Before Nakala could call after them the lioness kicked up a thick cloud of dirt.

Nakala coughed and spluttered as the dust caught in his eyes and nose. Once it cleared there was no sign of any of them, leaving the lion alone and confused about what just happened and an unshakable feeling of unease hanging over him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 339 20
Kiongozi, prince of the Pridelands, 3rd cub to Nala and Simba, Leader of the Lion Guard, and defender of the kingdom, was always neglected by his fat...
81.1K 1.9K 35
Kion and Rani are facing best friend of Scar his name is Cheka who wants to take revenge to Simba who killed Scar and take the Pridelands What will h...
8.1K 206 20
Kion has just become king of the Tree Of Life. He has Rani by his side, his friends, and his scar is finally healed. But as the days go on, Kion star...
38.7K 950 17
This story happens a few days after the episode 'Lions of the Outlands' from season 1 of The Lion Guard. When Kion meets Kovu again, he finds out Kov...