King of My Heart

By thejdiary

18+ | April has lived her entire life with humans. So when the controlling Alpha who turns out to be her mate... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-EIGHT

40.7K 1.4K 203
By thejdiary

"Where is Liam today?" I ask Amy during lunch, as I search around the dining hall for any sign of him.

When I woke up this morning, he wasn't at home. I thought he might have something important to do when he didn't show up for breakfast. But now even Jason and Tyler are here and Liam is nowhere to be seen. I can't help but wonder if my request to join the pack pissed him off because he has been upset ever since. Although, if he didn't like that then why would he agree? That still doesn't explain his bad mood. I am starting to get a little worried so I figured, I might as well ask someone before I lose my mind with my overthinking.

"Oh, um," Amy begins with a somber look, "Today is Aunt Lizzy's birthday. He probably went to her grave."

"Oh."

I eat the rest of my food in silence and excuse myself afterwards to go back home. I just want to be there when Liam returns and make sure he's okay. Once I've returned, I walk over to the kitchen for a glass of water. Through the kitchen window, I spot Liam sitting on a bench in the backyard. I go outside and walk up to him.

"Hey," I say softly. He turns his head to look at me but doesn't say anything.

"You okay?" I ask.

He just nods his head and goes back to staring straight ahead, at the the snow covered trees.

"Sure?" I question as I sit down next to him.

"I'm fine. Just leave me alone," he huffs.

"Okay," I reply but don't move.

He doesn't say anything and returns to his thoughts. There are only a few inches between us as I sit with him in silence. It feels like hours have passed when he finally shuffles around a little next to me. I gently trace my hand onto his and give it a light squeeze. The warmth of his hand spreads onto mine and I feel him relax a little bit. We sit like this for a while until Liam finally breaks the silence.

"She would've liked you, you know," he says, still not looking at me.

"Hmm?" I turn my head to look at him. He moves his wrist and interlocks his fingers with mine.

"My mom," he continues as he turns his head towards me and his eyes meet mine. "She would've liked you."

"You think so," I ask with a smile.

"Yeah," he whispers as he looks down to our intertwined hands and gently rubs circles on the  back of mine with his thumb.

"Tell me about her," I say.

He stays quiet for a few seconds and I think that maybe I have overstepped, but then he squeezes my hand and begins speaking.

"She loved to read. There wasn't a single night when we were kids when she didn't read to us. She was so smart. I still remember how she would always have so many ideas to improve the pack one way or another." His lip curls up into a slight smile as he talks about her. "And she was so kind," he continues. "Even though, she was an Alpha's daughter and a Luna, she still never treated anyone as less than. She started an orphanage and even accepted rogue pups in it."

"She sounds amazing," I add.

"She was," he says quietly. "I just miss her a lot."

"I'm sure she is very proud of you, Liam," I say, leaning my head slightly and placing it on his shoulder.

We don't say anything for a while and I relish being so close to Liam. It feels so comfortable and safe.

I am pulled away from my thoughts when Liam speaks again.

"April," he calls out.

"Yeah?" I ask as I sit up straight and look at him.

"River wants to meet Jade," he informs.

"Oh, um, okay," I say. "So do we shift or what?" I ask, not sure how he plans on doing this.

"We can go for a run later but you can just let her take over and I'll do the same with River," he explains.

"I have never done that so I don't really know how," I trail off.

"Really?" He says shocked. "I mean, you told me she left you alone most of the time but not even when she was angry or upset?" His eyebrows are raised in surprise.

"Nope. It only happened with I saw you with Zara the other day," I reply, looking down. The fact that I got so jealous is a little embarrassing. "I don't know, the doctor told me that being with you is making her stronger, so it was probably just that," I say trying to remove emphasis from the Zara situation.

"Well, why don't you give it a try right now," he says as he shifts his body towards me and takes each of my hands in his. I can feel Jade get excited by his touch.

"Do you think you can do it?" I ask her.

"Of course. Just stay calm and let me take over."

I do as she instructs and take a deep breath. I try to push back and let her be in charge. Slowly, I start to lose control of my body and for the first time, I experience being an audience to myself. I can feel everything but have no control over myself. It feels like I am locked inside and I start to panic a little.

"It's okay, April. It's just me." Jade comforts me and I attempt to calm myself down.

I try to focus on Liam to distract myself from what is happening in my own body. His grey eyes are replaced by gold ones as he brings his body closer to mine. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer. I can feel his muscles and the warmth of his body against mine. He places his head into the crook of my neck and Jade extends it even further, allowing him more access. He places a gentle kiss at the junction of my neck and shoulder that sends sparks all through my body. This has already gone too far.

Jade is enjoying every single touch and I don't trust her one bit. Liam, or should I say River, pulls back and stares into my eyes and then his gaze diverts to my lips. He slowly licks his bottom lip and Jade moves her face, my face, closer to his. If I don't stop her right now, she will definitely kiss him. I quickly start fighting her for control and she doesn't fight back, granting it to me easily. The moment I am back in control, I immediately pull away from Liam and his grasp. Hurt flashes in his gold eyes which are immediately replaced by grey, angry ones. He instantly gets up and storms off inside.

I run after him, calling out his name, but he doesn't respond. I finally catch up to him in the living room.

"Liam, why are you mad at me," I ask, a little too loud.

He lets out an angry chuckle and rubs the back of his head with one hand as he falls onto the couch. "I wish I could be mad at you, April," he says sounding irritated.

"What do you mean? Did I do something," I inquire.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone," he sighs with a blank face.

"No," I exclaim as I sit down next to him. "You've been acting weird with me since yesterday. So tell me, what is it?"

"It's nothing. Forget it," he huffs.

"Jesus, Liam. You have more mood swings than a girl on her period," I say. He snaps his head to look at me, wide eyed.

"You can't just walk away if you're upset. At least, tell me what's wrong," I say, calmly.

He runs his hand through his hair and then begins speaking.

"Every time you're near me, all I want to do is touch you and mark you and claim you."
His words immediately make my cheeks flush and my heart thump against my ribcage.
"It's so hard to control myself and River is no help either. I have never felt this way ever before, about anyone. All I want is be with you. This is the most real thing that I have felt in a long time," he continues. "But you said you don't know if what we have is real and you always pull away from me and it's just driving me insane," he finishes.

"I'm so sorry I made you feel that way, Liam," I sigh. "I guess, I'm scared. I have such strong feelings for you and I barely even know you," I explain as I focus on knotting and unknotting my fingers.

"How is that a bad thing?"

"It's scary. I mean, you were pretty mean when we first met," I mumble.

"I'm sorry about that, April." He gently places a finger under my chin and turns my face towards him.
"But I promised you that will never happen again and I have every intention of keeping that promise."

His grey eyes are piercing into my blue ones turning me into mush and I can tell he means every word he says. Plus, ever since he apologised, he has been great to me and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy being with him.

"Well, you don't know me that well either," I intervene. "What if after we spend a little time together, you realise you don't like me?" I pout.

"That's impossible," he replies softly.

"You say that now.."

"No, April," he cuts me off. "I'm telling you, I'm in this for the long haul."

"Okay," is all I can manage to say.

"Okay, so?" He raises a quizzical brow, his finger still under my chin, sending sparks through my skin that make it unable for me to think clearly.

"So what? I just agreed with you. What else do you want," I chuckle.

"I want you to be my Luna," he sighs as he gently caresses my cheek with his thumb.

"Don't you think that's a bit hasty?" I question.

"I've been waiting for you for five years, April. I don't want to wait anymore," he grumbles, cupping my face and bringing it closer to his.

"What if I suck at it and everyone hates me," I whine. I don't know anything about being a part of a pack, let alone, leading one.

"You won't," he says calmly.

"How do you know?"

"I just do," he says as he frees my bottom lip which I didn't realise I had been chewing. He softly treads his thumb onto my lip, sending tingles with his touch.

"Okay," I whisper.

There is barely any distance left between us anymore, making my heart skip a beat. Our lips are almost touching and his intoxicating scent is hypnotising me beyond reason. The thudding against my ribcage gets louder and faster as his breath fans my face. His eyes slowly travel from mine to my lips and then back again.

My heart does a backflip as he finally brushes his lips against mine. Everything else around me disappears and I can't focus on anything else other than how soft he feels against my mouth as I begin to kiss him back. The warmth of his lips against mine takes over all of my senses.

He wraps his fingers behind my neck and pulls me towards him, deepening the kiss. I put my arms around his neck and run my hand through his hair. His slow and gentle lips now turn hungry and passionate as he trails his other hand on my back and rests it on my waist, making me weak in the knees. He roughly pulls me towards him and I gasp lightly as he glues my body to his, and he takes the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. His fingers dig deep into my skin as our tongues wrestle back and forth.

When we finally pull away, I am hyperventilating. I rest my forehead on his chest as I try to catch my breath. Liam wraps an arm around me, keeping me in place. I look up to his face and he shoots me a warm smile as he plays with my hair. I feel my face heat up and hide it in his chest.

"You know," I finally speak after we have both calmed down from our high, "I can understand why you feel this way about me." I pull back slightly to look at him.

"I mean, I'm adorable," I say with a smirk and shrug.

"Goddess, you are something else," he laughs as he pushes me, my back flat against the couch, and connects his lips with mine once again.

Alright guys, things are finally heating up between these two 🌚
Let me know your thoughts about that!
Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
258K 14K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...
755K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
1.5M 28.1K 27
After running away from her pack, Katie accidentally lands in the territory of another wolf's pack. Little does she know that the alpha, turned out t...