King of My Heart

By thejdiary

18+ | April has lived her entire life with humans. So when the controlling Alpha who turns out to be her mate... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-SIX

42.3K 1.3K 176
By thejdiary

I wake up early in the morning and get ready for the day. The sun has finally found its way through the clouds and is shining brightly. After completing my morning routine, I get dressed in a pair of light blue ripped jeans and a white top with lace around the neckline.

I went to bed early last night and finally discovered that the door across from mine belongs to Liam's room. After waiting around for him for a while, I decide to go and wake him up.

I walk over to his room and begin knocking incessantly on his door in an attempt to annoy him into waking up.

"Liam. Liam. Liam. Liam," I continue with the knocking.

I hear him groan and a few seconds later, the door opens with a shirtless Liam standing in front of me. His shorts hang dangerously low and all of his muscles are on full display. My eyes unconsciously travel across his torso, from his chest, all the way across his rock hard abs, and down to his V-line that disappears under the waistband of his shorts.

"Like what you see," he asks, his voice coming out husky. I instantly turn my eyes away and look up at the smirk he has on his face. His hair is messy and his eyes still look sleepy. Feeling the blood rushing to my cheeks, I immediately look away.

My eyes fall on the massive room behind him and I push him to the side, making my way inside.

"Woah," I exclaim. "This room is huge. What do you even do in here all by yourself?"

I look around at the king sized bed against the left wall covered in white sheets. The bedside tables on each side boast big, white lamps. There are two large window on the front wall exhibiting a beautiful display of the woods outside and the one on the right side of the room leads to a balcony. On the right, there is a seating area with a white couch on one side and a couple of chairs on the other. Next to them is a cozy fireplace and on top of it hangs a flatscreen TV. A door to the right of the fireplace leads into a massive walk in closet.

"You know, you're a little annoying," I hear Liam say behind me as he falls back on the bed.

I ignore him and continue exploring his room. I walk into the closet which leads into a bathroom. As expected, it as as elegant as the room outside. A white, beautiful sink is present in front of a mirror that practically covers half of the front wall. On the left there is a large shower cabin on one side and a jacuzzi big enough to fit two people on the other. On the right side of the sink, there are two rods with white towels hanging from them.

I walk back into the room after admiring it. Liam is half sitting on the bed and doing something on his phone.

"I can't believe you have a huge jacuzzi while all I get is a shower," I complain.

"You can use it whenever you want, babe," he says with a wink.

"Did you just babe me?" I gasp.

"Do you not like it, babe?" He teases.

"Ugh, no. Now hurry up, I'm hungry," I say and walk out of the room.

I head downstairs and start preparing some coffee. A few minutes later, Liam walks in. He's wearing blue jeans and a white sweatshirt.

"So, what's for breakfast," he asks as he pours himself a cup of coffee.

"What do you mean? I should be asking you that," I say arching an eyebrow.

"Just because I made you food one day doesn't mean I planned on doing it daily," he states.

"So you would have me starve, then?" I shake my head slowly in disapproval.

"Let's go to the pack house. Unlike you, the chefs there would gladly make their Alpha breakfast."

"Whatever you say, Alpha," I say putting emphasis on the word.

I put on a black jacket and a pair of military boots and we both walk to the pack house. Liam walks ahead of me as I find it incredibly hard to keep up with his long strides.

"Slow down, you idiot," I yell as I increase my pace to catch up to him. The snow on the ground makes it even harder to walk faster.

"What's up with you," he asks as I finally get to his side.

"Guess I'm hangry," I grumble. I'm not even walking straight anymore and probably look like Quasimodo with my posture at this point.

"What," he asks as he laughs at my state.

"It's a real emotion, okay," I snap back.

"Whatever you say, doctor," he replies with a faint chuckle.

It feels like forever has passed when we finally reach the pack house. My stomach is growling and I'm starting to get a headache. People get stomachaches when they are hungry and I get headaches. We walk into the dining hall which has almost emptied out by now with a few people sitting here and there. Liam leads me to one of the smaller tables. I take my jacket off, placing it on the chair's back as I fall into it. Liam leaves to ask the chef to make us breakfast.

I put my arms on the table and rest my head on them. Liam joins me after a few minutes and his face looks like he is mind-linking someones. Soon enough, Amy, Jason, and Tyler walk in. They greet us and sit down around the round table. Amy sits on my right and with her is Jason. On my left is Liam and Tyler sits down next to him.

"How you doing, April," Amy asks. I just groan in response as the headache is not letting me be in a mood to have a conversation.

"She's fine," Liam answers on my behalf. "Apparently she's hangry," he adds. I can hear the amusement in his voice.

"Girl, I get that," Amy says lightly.

"Right?" I turn my head around to look at her and she nods in response, not bothering me anymore. She starts talking to Jason and Liam turns to Tyler.

"Hey man, I just wanted to thank you for helping April the other day. I know it must not have been easy," he says quietly.

"Don't worry about it, bro. It's my job," Tyler responds, brushing him off.

The smell of bacon fills my nostrils as two people bring out dishes and start putting them on our table. There is a dish of bacon, another containing scrambled eggs, and another one with crispy hash browns. They also bring out a tray of fruits along with some orange juice.

"Finally," I mumble as I grab a plate and start filling it with food.

I start devouring the delicious meal and soon enough, I begin to feel better. I notice that Liam and I are the only ones eating.

"Why aren't you guys eating," I ask.

"Some of us get up on time and eat with everyone else," Tyler replies with a smirk.

"Hey, I've been up for hours. It's Liam's fault we're late," I say, defending myself. "Why do you think I'm so hungry?"

They all laugh in response.

"Where's Lucas," I ask as I take another mouthful of the hash browns.

"He's probably still asleep at home," Tyler says with a shrug.

"Oh, I thought he lived here," I say.

"He did," Amy informs, "But when Aunt Lizzy passed away, he decided to move in with Uncle Robert."

Liam stiffens next to me at the mention of his mother. I can tell he doesn't like talking about it so I don't push the conversation any further.

Once finished with breakfast, we get up to leave the dining hall.

"Aw, you guys," Amy squeals the moment we stand up and I turn my head to look at her. She has a huge smile on her face. "Look, Liam and April are twinning!"

"What," I say as I look at Liam and notice he is also wearing light blue jeans with a white shirt.

"That was unintentional," I explain.

"Of course, it was," Amy says with a huge grin.

The guys excuse themselves to leave for some pack work. Jason kisses Amy on the cheek but she pulls him to kiss his lips.

"Get a room, you guys," I exclaim as I pretend to gag.

"We'll see how you behave once you and Liam have marked and claimed each other," she says while rolling her eyes.

"Ew, Amy!" I yell, blushing.

Both Jason and Amy laugh and Jason leaves to catch up with Liam and Tyler.

I spend the rest of the day hanging out with Amy. I find out that she teaches at the pack's high school which is closed these days for the holidays. After having lunch, we both decide to sit in the lounge. We sit in silence for a little while and I can't help but think how boring life must be here if you don't have something to do.

"I should probably get a job or something if I want to stay here," I muse out loud.

"That's a great idea, April," Amy exclaims. "But what would you do," she asks, her expression changing to one of thinking.

"Amy, I'm a doctor," I say flatly.

"Yes! How could I forget," she says throwing her hands in the air. "Lucas is starting his training soon. You could join him and then work at the hospital." She is really impressed with her idea and getting very jumpy about it.

"Do you think that's possible," I ask. If I am planning on really going through with the whole mate thing, I need to make sure if I will even have something to do here. I worked so hard and can't let it go to waste.

"Of course," she says. "But," she breaks off, "You will have to join the pack first."

"I thought I was already in the pack," I question with a raised brow. When I went to my father's pack, the Alpha gave him permission to let me stay and I thought that was it.

"No, silly. There is a whole ceremony. Kind of like Liam's when he became Alpha. Once you make the blood bond with the Alpha, then you are officially a part of the pack. You will even be able to mind-link with everyone," she explains.

"Oh," I say. Well, that explains why I could never mind-link before. Come to think of it, I don't think my father really taught me a lot about werewolves.

"Why don't you talk to Liam about it," Amy says brining me back from my thoughts. "He's probably in his office."

"Now?"

"Yeah, why not? Besides, I have to go back to my room. Jason should be back soon."

"Oh, okay. Guess I'll see you later," I say as she hugs me and leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 267 36
Y/n is the best fight wolf of her pack. She is only 10 but is the best of them all. Her uncle, the alpha of her pack, is very strict but can be very...
3.9K 261 16
After the lunar goddess turned her back on her children, the wolves of the modern world have had to adapt. Artificial mating bonds were created and m...
170 13 9
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
19.1K 623 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...