Myths of Remnant, Legends Nev...

By JTSmith22

In the wilderness near Vale, a teenager burdened by tragedies hunts Grimm alone. That is until a very interes... More

The Volunteer
Friends huh?
The Flight of the Valkyrie
The Emerald Forest
Initiation's End
The Badge and the Burden Part 1
The Badge and The Burden Part 2/Jaundice
Jaundice Part 2/Forever Fall Part 1
Forever Fall Part 2
The Stray/Parabellum
Black and White/End of Volume One
Volume 2, Part 1: Assassinations and Food Fights
Board Games and Plans
A Minor Hiccup and an Escort Mission
Painting the Town
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Dance Dance Infiltration
Field Trip/Search and Destroy
Mountain Glenn/No Brakes
Breach
Volume 3, Part 1: Round One
New Challengers...
It's Brawl in the Family
Lessons Learned/Birthday Girl
Never Miss a Beat
Fall
Destiny
PvP
Battle of Beacon
Heroes and Monsters
End of the Beginning
The Aftermath of Tragedy
The Miracle and the Revelation
A Protector and a Resolution
Next Steps
The Great Escape
Rememberance
Of Runaways, Stowaways, and Nightmares
Family Reunions
A Debrief
Photos and Menagerie
Tipping Point
Thunderous Applause, Punishment, and an New Resolve
A Gift and an Explanation
A Much Needed Talk
Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back.
Kuroyuri
Taking Control
No Safe Haven
Fangirls Are Crazy Man
Welcome to Haven
Dread in the Air
Unforseen Complications
Lighting the Fire
Necessary Sacrifice
Known By Its Song
Rest and Resolutions
Alone Together
A Perfect Storm
True Colors
Maybe Ravens Aren't So Bad?
The Rise of an Arctic Wolf
The Other Brother and a Mother Daughter Bonding Brawl
Where One Adventure Ends, Another Begins
Smug Moms Everywhere

I Have A Yang

925 17 27
By JTSmith22

Y/N woke up with a start. His eyes rapidly took in his surroundings. When he saw Bumblebee and Alpha parked nearby and Yang sleeping on his chest, he sighed and relaxed. Though his nightmare was rapidly fading away, he could still see the last flashes of it. Tobias's body was on a stretcher and Jack Lang was telling more of his black armored warriors to bring the body into his new lab. The last words had made Y/N shiver in both fear and anger hard enough that he awoke. What were those words?

"This experiment is far from done...to capture a man like my escapee you need another of his caliber... it's time to revive Project Reaper."

Deciding that it was just a bad dream, Y/N sighed. He started to run his fingers through Yang's hair and kissed her forehead. It had only been a week since they had left Patch, but she was really starting to become his rock in the middle of the ocean of nightmares. Then while absentmindedly watching the sky start to brighten, he felt Yang move around on top of him and his biology respond to it.

As the sun rose, Yang's eyes opened to Y/N running his hands through her hair gently and a very familiar blush on his face. Yang wiggled around on him and gave a smirk before switching to an innocent look as Y/N looked at her slightly panicked. 

"What is it Titan? Is something wrong?"

He shook his head quickly and stopped petting her hair. She could feel something that told her otherwise, but he just made up an excuse.

"Nope, nothing's wrong, just have to go answer Nature's call. Excuse me."

He gently, but quickly, lifted her off of him and laid her down before jumping up and running into the trees. As he disappeared into the forest, Yang was taking a page out of Blake's playbook. She purred and started imagining things that would have Ruby running away in terror yelling "FILTH! FILTH!" The thing that set her off? She was extremely happy that her boyfriend was so... proportional.

In the airship now leaving Atlas, Weiss sat back against the crates and looked through her scroll at photos of her and the rest of Team RWBY. There were a lot of her and Y/N too, with a few of the rest of STLL mixed in there. When she got to the one that Y/N took of team RWBY during the food fight, she smiled. Even she looked happy and carefree with a bit of pie still left on her nose. Blake and Yang happily smiled, waving at the camera while Ruby was giggling, her eyes closed. Weiss remembered telling her that she had ruined the picture, but Yang, Y/N, and even Blake disagreed, cheering Ruby up before a Watermelon had impacted the table they were taking cover behind. Y/N had peeked over the table and smirked.

"It's only us and JNPR+T left. Now the real fighting can begin. Ladies! To battle!"

Weiss giggles, remembering how he had ripped the top off of a nearby pudding cup and thrown it at JNPR, yelling and taking cover as he did so.

"Pudding in the hole!" 

When RWBY had peeked over the table they had seen the carnage. Tobias, Pyrrha, and Ren had taken cover, while Nora had climbed for higher ground. Jaune however? That poor boy had tried to block the cup of pudding with a baguette. He had underestimated how hard Y/N threw it though. As soon as the cup hit the baguette, it broke the baguette and the pudding cup had splattered over his face. 

Weiss muttered to herself.

"I miss you ya big dolt."

She then continues to go through the photos, smiling, laughing, and giggling at the memories. If Ruby had been there, she would have proudly claimed that "Nice Weiss" had struck again. The others would have just joked about how her heart of ice was melting. At this point, Weiss might not have even snapped back at them. To be honest she just missed the girls that she considered as her sister's...and the only person she had considered as a real brother. Though she had always had Whitley, she had always thought having a brother meant having a male relative who always made fun of you. It wasn't until Y/N came around that she really understood what a brother was supposed to be. Of course, Y/N had his fair share of making fun of Weiss, but it lacked the venom that Whitley always included. They'd fought, like the night Blake had admitted being in the White Fang, but they had always hugged it out in the end. No matter how many times she had called him a dolt or competed a bit too hard to beat him in academics, he always just chuckled and shook his head. He understood where the boundaries were. He had helped her become less of a cold hearted heiress, even if he'd had to drag her kicking and screaming down the path of personal progress and character development. She didn't always have good things to say about him. Even now she disapproved of his eating habits and snack raids, and she shook her head every time he had turned into a giant man-child. She had no delusions of his grandeur, but she appreciated every moment he had spent with her. 

She took a break from looking through her scroll and shuffled to get a bit more comfortable. Then she closed her eyes with a sigh and the view faded to black. 

It fades back in as Yang and Y/N are riding their bikes down a dirt road. They were both riding regularly, without a care in the world. But then they heard something float to them over the wind. 

It was a woman's scream. Yang wasn't sure she heard it until Y/N's helmeted head turned to her, he used his right hand and gestured forward with his pointer and middle fingers. Just after he did, he revved the engine and took off. Apparently Yang wasn't hearing things. She also revved her engine and tore off after him. Once more into the breach. 

When they arrived, she immediately cut off the bike and jumped next to Y/N. In sync they flipped up their hoods and took in the situation. The small village in front of them was mostly peaceful, but there was one woman running down the middle street carrying her child and screaming incoherently. Everyone was looking at her weird, but she didn't seem to be injured. Y/N took off towards her.

"Ma'am, can you calm down enough to tell me what's wrong? If you do, I'll try and help you."

His presence may have been ominous, but his voice was gentle. This seemed to have brought her down from her hysteria, but she was still panting and hadn't said anything yet. When she did, it nearly caused a panic. 

"There...is...a...stampede of...Goliath's...heading this way!"

The only two who didn't panic were Y/N and Yang. Y/N raised his voice over the panic.

"Who's in charge here?!"

The authority in his voice seemed to overrule the panic in the people of the village. They all paused and an older bearded man stepped forward. 

"That would be me, young man."

Y/N looked at him, pulled down his hood and gave the man a serious, but compassionate look. 

"Do you have a place to shelter when the Grimm come?"

The man nodded. 

"There are natural caves a couple miles from here. We use those to shelter in. But Goliaths are fast. We will never make it in time."

Y/N shook his head.

"No, you won't, not without someone covering you and slowing them down."

The mayor lowered his head, saddened by this. But his sorrow was replaced with surprise when Y/N let loose his Aura, flames and lightning crackling around him.

"But guess what? I know just the people to hold 'em off."

He looked at Yang and she let the Aura flow through her right arm, and a similar effect surrounded it. All of the people in the village gasped as one. Yang smirked and looked at the Mayor.

"Us."

The old mayor was taken aback. He stutters incomprehensibly for a moment. Then a child speaks up, running circles around Y/N.

"Woah! That's so cool!"

Y/N looked at the girl with an amused smile.

"Can I touch it?!?"

Yang laughed at the little girl. But Y/N crouched down and held out his hand.

"Go on little one. I promise it won't burn you."

The wide eyed child proceeded to hesitantly touch Y/N's massive outstretched hand. It was warm and tingly, but did not harm the little girl. She giggled in delight and started to move her hands through his aura like it was water. As she did, the lightning and fire seemed to whirl around her hands like vortices. Seeing this sight calmed the villagers down. But Yang shook her head, she knew that this wasn't the only reason he did it.he genuinely cared about children, and thought each one of them should have a smile on their face. It probably stemmed from what happened to his little sister, but she wasn't sure. All she knew was that he would do almost anything to see a child smile. That, and he was very good at doing it.

After a few moments of amusing the child later, Y/N stood up and flipped up his hood. 

"Sir, now that your people are calm, lead them to the caves. We will hold off the Goliaths."

The mayor nodded and started to call out to his people. They all started to quickly, but somewhat calmly, gather a few things and file out of the village. Once they were all gone, the Mayor turned back to Y/N. 

"You're the Titan of Beacon, aren't you? I saw the videos of what you did to help people escape. I want to thank you for doing that again now."

Y/N's eyes widened.

"There are videos of that? Who would stop and take videos of that!?"

The old mayor chuckled and shook his head.

"Believe it or not, the stuff that you did, that you can do, is amazing. People always want to watch amazing things my boy."

Y/N, just nodded, slightly taken aback by people's stupidity. Who takes videos while running for their lives? Weirdos

"Get going with your people, we will go handle the Grimm."

The mayor nodded and left. The Huntsman and Huntress in training look at each other and start jogging off towards the direction the screaming woman had come. Less than a minute's walk away, they came across a small cliff and beyond them was the herd of Goliaths that the lady had mentioned. Y/N could see them off in the distance due to his Faunus hybrid eyesight, but Yang couldn't see them coming. A few moments later however, they could both feel the herd coming before they heard the herd coming.

"Holy shit Titan. That's a ton of big Grimm."

Y/N looked off into the distance at them and smirked. He walked forward and spoke to her over his shoulder. 

"Try not to be too Thunderstruck, ok Sunshine?"

Then he let his aura loose, absorbed it into his legs, and jumped. As he did, he called upon his lightning, a newer power he got from Tobias's soul. He was trying to use it more to get used to it. 

Now was definitely the time to use it too. High up in the air, he called upon his lightning and a storm cloud formed around him. As he fell, so did the lightning. The initial impact and the sound of the thunder that followed his lightning startled off roughly half of the Goliaths. They stampeded in the opposite direction towards the mountains where they couldn't hurt anyone. The rest of the Goliaths were not impressed. However when he began to call down lightning strikes around them...they reared onto their hind legs in frustration and surprise. This sent a few more running for the hills, but by the time that Yang arrived, Y/N was teaching the rest why the ones who ran were the smarter ones.

While he could use both his red flames and his purple lightning simultaneously, Y/N had a habit of mostly using his lightning from his right hand and using his flames from his left hand when dual wielding them. He also likes to keep using only his fire like the old days. 

Yang had run up, right arm crackling with fire and lightning ready to bring the pain with him, but Y/N was doing well all on his own. As Yang watched, impressed she thought to herself, and she had to use a pun.

"Man he is melting through them huh? Or is he thundering through them?"

She chuckled, thinking of a third option with a shrug.

"Why not both?"

Y/N was currently schooling a particularly large and grumpy Goliath. With each smash of a fist, he grunted out a word.

"I. Gave. You. The. Chance. To. Run!"

The bleached skull plating on the Goliath was now covered in cracks, burn marks, and dents. But its red eyes were full of rage as it bucked and jumped, trying to fling him off. Y/N was doing quite well. However, he didn't seem to see a smaller Goliath running towards him. 

Yang did see it. And she was pissed. She ran at it and jumped at the last second, channelling her Aura into her right fist and smashed it directly into the side of its face, shattering it's skull with a crack of thunder. 

Still beating on the large Goliath, Y/N was surprised by the sudden and violent sound. He flipped up and took out Quake. His black hooded cloak flapped in the wind as he almost hung in the air. He saw Yang standing over the fading body of a smaller Goliath. She smirked at him and raised her hands halfway up into the air as if asking him: "What took you so long?" He shook his head and channeled his Aura into Quake as he shot the weakest spot in the Goliath's skull mask three times in a row. On the first shot, the cracks were widened and the skull itself pulsed with purple lightning as embers from red flames stained the bleached skull mask. On the second shot, the mask shattered, leaving such a large and powerful, Ancient Grimm vulnerable. On the third shot, the round penetrated all the way through the raging Goliath's head from the tip of the skull down through the tusks. The recoil from the rounds pushed Y/N back into the air. By the time he hit the ground, (yes in the hero landing position Ruby), he was only surrounded in the fading ashes of the Goliath and his own lightning and flames. He looks up towards where Yang is standing with the hood of her new leather jacket raised and her pony tail laying over her left shoulder. The sun glints off of Quake's handle, the new cloak pin that he made, the newly made shoulder armor and knee guards that he had made while Yang was practicing with her father. His clothes were also new, as all of his old armor and clothes save his cloak had been lost in Jack Lang's compound. He wore black pants, combat boots, and a dressy shirt like before, but with a different color scheme. Instead of a blue and red shirt, he wore a black shirt with runes along the collar, the seam on long the front, and along the sleeves in gold and purple thread. The only other color was his new crimson and purple symbol on his knee guards and shoulder armor. 

As he stood up, one might think that he had a thing for black and looked a bit dark, but as his Aura flared once again, it would have clicked in their minds. The red and purple from his Aura and black from his clothes and cloak are the best color combination for him. 

Yang looked him over and nodded her approval of his new look. Then she smirked and walked over. Y/N quickly looked around to make sure the rest of the Goliaths were gone before turning to Yang. 

"I didn't mean to steal your thunder Titan, but I thought having your back was more important."

Y/N chuckled and hugged her.

"Of course it is. But come on Sunshine. You can never steal what would have been freely given. Now, I believe that this village would love to get back to their houses."

Arm in arm, they walked back to the village. But as they got close, Y/N's head tilted in confusion. Then he heard something and he growled. Yang felt it through his chest that's as next to her head. This caused her to look up. He managed to speak one word before he took off running. That word also pissed Yang off. 

"Bandits…"

An entire continent away, a certain jet-black haired woman sneezed.

In the village, the group of bandits was relaxing, they were taking their time. They knew that they had some time because they had corralled some Goliaths in the direction of this village to clear the people of this village out. Their boss, Terrance Toupe, was now giving them orders. 

"I don't know what that weird rolling thunder is, but I'd say we should have at least an hour before we have to get out of here. So go you scumbags! Go nuts and take everything you like that isn't bolted down!"

The collected bandits roared out in approval. 

"The weak people from this village ran from the Grimm! In my eyes, that means they don't own this stuff anymore! Finders keepers men! Get going!"

The roar of approval started again, but was interrupted by a crack of thunder and a flash of red light. A voice rode in on the heels of the rolling thunder. It's volume and power a natural crescendo to the powerful sound.

"GET OUT!"

The thirty odd bandits turned in confusion and a tiny bit of fear towards the voice. Standing there in black clothes, a black hooded cloak, holding a massive sword and wreathed in a red flaming Aura, was Y/N Lennox. If nothing else, he looked the part of both God of War and Titan of Beacon. His golden eyes were glowing with rage. He raised his sword and pointed at them.

"Leave before I make you leave scumbags."

Most of the bandits either stayed silent in either confusion or fear. Terrance Toupe was the only one who was laughing. 

"Who are you? And who's gonna make us go? You and what army?"

As a certain blonde joined Y/N, he chuckled evilly. 

"I'm Y/N Lennox, Titan of Beacon. I'm gonna make you go."

Terrance scoffs. 

"I don't believe you. And even if you are, you can't beat us all, I have an army!"

Y/N smirked. He sheathed Quake and crossed his arms. 

"I have a Yang."

With that, Yang jumped into the fray. She had a real bone to pick with any bandits, both on principle and for obvious personal reasons. 

Terrance saw her coming and waved his men forward, but they didn't even get to advance. Yang slammed into the crowd of bandits and picked up one by the ankle with a growl. She starts to use him to bash his comrades. In seconds half of his force is decimated by this...by this…

"Bimbo?! How are my trained men losing to a teenaged blonde bimbo?!"

That was his last mistake. There was a blur of red and suddenly Y/N in front of him, ominously frowning and standing silently. 

"What did you just call her?"

Terrance didn't get to answer. The next thing the bandits knew, their leader was flying through the air into the nearby forest. Y/N had taken Quake into a baseball stance and knocked Terrance out of the village. 

Yang was dusting her hands off as she had finished off the rest of the underlings. She kicked one of the bandits away and yelled at them. 

"Scram! And never come back. The people of this village won't fall for this again!"

Y/N had walked over to Terrance's aching body and threw him into the village square. Then he turned to Yang. 

"Sunshine? Could you go and get the villagers for me please? I need to have a little chat with this scumbag...that is if he wakes up before you get back."

At this the last ominous sentence, the remaining bandits took off, leaving their inept leader behind. 

Twenty minutes later, Yang returned, followed by the Mayor and all of his fellow members of the village. Y/N jumped off the well and called out to the Mayor. 

"Sir. Do you know this man?"

The mayor growled back, obviously angry at the man.

"He has been raiding our village for a while now. I assume he was the perpetrator of this latest raid?"

Y/N nodded.

"He had his people drive a herd of Goliaths in this direction to drive you out and rob you blind. We disposed of half of the Goliath herd. They won't be coming back anytime soon. Hopefully, his underlings will be as smart as those beasts and leave y'all alone. Especially since you've arrested him now. I apologize for overstepping my bounds, but I put the fear of Oum into him. He definitely won't be attacking anyone anytime soon."

The Mayor looked at Terrance and his singular wound, a bruise running down from his face and onto his bare chest from where Y/N had hit him with the flat of his blade. 

"Did...you torture him?"

Y/N chuckled. 

"Nope. That bruise is from when I hit him with the flat of my sword during the attack on your village. Since then, I have only touched that man to drag him back into town and lay him down where you see him. I definitely threatens to return and finish what I started, but I did not torture him sir."

The Mayor nods. 

"Can we offer you two anything as payment for your help young man?"

Y/N and Yang looked at each other. Then Yang replied.

"You can point us to where we can rent a room for the night. We've been sleeping on the ground for a while now. A bed would be quite nice."

The Mayor is now chuckling.

"That can be arranged. Are you sure there isn't anything else we can give you?"

Y/N's eyes lit up.

"Ooh! A recommendation for dinner at your local pub? I'm starving!"

Yang shakes her head thinking to herself.

"You're always hungry love."

With that, the laughter of the villagers faded away as the view faded to black. 

A/n: Ok I think this time I'm going to limit my in-between volume chapters to two. So that means one more and then we start Volume 5.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
35.7K 608 24
It's been lonely for Y/N after all these years. Losing his mother and now living in the forest to fend for himself. It wouldn't be bad if not for the...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...