Bride In Blue

shree_storyteller által

An impulsive decision along with a sinister idea was enough to create a mess. The mess was big enough to turn... Több

Trailer
Character Sketch And Cast
CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns
CH 2 || Tickets To Give Away Freedom
CH 3 || The Mistake
CH 4 || Worst Was Yet To Come
CH 5 || Just A Trailer
CH 6 || Married To A Stranger
CH 7 || Bride In Blue
CH 8 || Take A Step
CH 9 || Sleepless Mind
CH 11 || Piece Of Advice
CH 12 || Rules
CH 13 || Stuck In A Quagmire
CH 14 || Perpetrator
CH 15 || Loser
CH 16 || Overlook The Guilt Of The Past
CH 17 || Uncanny Encounter
CH 18 || Trust
CH 19 || Twice is a pattern
CH 20 || Facade Of Strength
CH 21 || Mistake
CH 22 || The One In Red
CH 23 || The Game
CH 24 || The Real Impediments
CH 25 || The Trap
CH 26 || His Eternal Love
CH 27 || Rage
CH 28 || Anything But Peaceful
CH 29 || Brink Of Betrayal
CH 30 || Unforeseeable Future
CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable
CH 32 || Heiress
CH 33 || Period Of Intense Melancholy
CH 34 || Either Sister or Mister
Epilogue || A Wounded Lion
Last Author's Note

CH 10 || Anvi 2.0

2.4K 230 143
shree_storyteller által

Nikhil's POV

Sometimes your luck is so bad that all the mishappenings happen with you only. Right now I am the target of the sheer bad luck.

I was about to sleep when my phone rang and since it was from my assistant I had to pick it up. I was informed that things were going down the hill in my absence in London. I have lost the recent deal that I was striving to have from the last month. Only if I would have paid a little more attention.

I went out to talk with Russell my assistant and listening to all that happened I got angry, not on him but myself. Already things were not going well in my personal life and now because of my stupidity and carelessness, I lost the deal as well. I had to hold some meetings with the clients and since I forgot they thought I wasn't interested and handed over the deal to someone else.

Russell was trying to calm me down but I couldn't because of my failure. Failure is not bad, in fact, it only teaches us a lesson but my negligence was making me feel guilty. I was still on call with Russell when my eyes landed on the worried expression of Anvi. She was about to go inside but before that, her eyes landed upon mine. I cut the call telling Rusell that I will contact him the next day as someone else needed my attention more than my work.

Gesturing her that I was coming to the bedroom I went up. She was waiting for me in the balcony and it seemed she was immersed in her deep thoughts.

"Hey." I took a seat on the hanging hammock chair placed in front of the couch.

"Hi."

"You didn't sleep yet?"

'That was a stupid question, Nikhil Arora,' mocked my inner self.

"I tried but couldn't."

"Oh." I wanted to ask if something was bothering her because it seemed so but we weren't close enough. We did friendship already but we don't share that kind of bond friends do. All these facts refrained me from asking about her gloomy appearance.

"You are fine?"

"Yeah, I am," I replied though I understood she must have seen me being angry. I hope she doesn't consider me an angry jerk.

We both were sitting in silence glancing at each other in between while passing awkward glances.

'Say something, idiot.' My inner self advised me but I messed up badly by saying, "The weather is nice."

"Huh?"

"Weather," I said pointing towards the sky like an idiot.

'You are a dumbass.' he said and I couldn't agree more.

"yeah, it is."

What now? What should I say? Play twenty questions?

No, that's quite childish and we are not sixteen.

I was contemplating how to make her feel comfortable around me but nothing came to my mind. It was quite weird sitting like strangers, it wasn't going to be easy at all. When I couldn't think of anything I excused myself and went out like a loser.

How will things work between us when I can't even make her comfortable in my presence?

Whenever I try to take a step either I run out of topics or we don't get time.

Like today I thought to take her out for a friendly lunch, I just wanted to have a start so that we could know each other a bit but then her brothers came to take her with them.

The only thing we know about each other is our names and profession. I laid on the bed in the guest room thinking how will I be able to start. I just wanted a miracle to happen so that at least we get a topic to talk about.

Deciding to search about it on google I typed "What to talk with your newly wedded wife". It's not difficult for me to initiate a conversation with strangers that's the perks of being a highly extroverted person but the problem is I have never in my life encountered anyone like her. I have realized she is an introvert and her gestures had confirmed that a highly introvert she is.

Things are not going to be that easy that I had thought. When I couldn't find good stuff on google I thought to sleep.

Anvi's POV

I was getting ready to go out with aunty. I wore a baby pink coloured plain suit having a floral veil. I am a girl of simple choice. Extravagant things are not my cup of tea.

I was told that aunty had to buy something for herself but the reality was she wanted to shop for me and that I got to know when we had reached the shop. Aunty wanted me to buy something for me to wear at the reception party of Ahana.

To be honest I had never liked shopping but with aunty, it seemed fun to me. I had never enjoyed buying clothes before. We shopped casuals but couldn't decide on what to buy for the reception party. None of us wanted to buy anything heavy and the rest were too simple.

"Looks like I need to call my fire brigade." mumbled aunty.

"Fire brigade?" I asked.

"Yeah, we need to leave now."

"But where?

"Just come with me beta but first let's go and pay the bill first."

Aunty didn't let me pay saying everything she bought was a gift to me and it wasn't only one or two we had bought a lot. After that, we went to a boutique. As soon as we entered inside, aunty called

"Fire Brigade, where are you?"

"Inside my cabin." came another voice.

"Come Anvi." Aunty took me inside the cabin and I noticed girls present there were whispering to each other looking at me. I heard only one thing from their mouth, "Bride In Blue."

I had become famous overnight.

When we went inside the cabin to whosoever the cabin belonged to aunty was enveloped into a hug by the lady who looked probably her age.

"What's the occasion this time?" the lady asked.

"Adhiraj's reception."

"But you had shopped for that event as far as I remember."

"Yes, and I am not here for myself."

"Then?"

"her." Aunty pointed at me. When the lady looked at my side all she said was, "The Bride In Blue."

"Yes, my Nikhil's Bride In Blue."

"What? When? And you didn't call me?"

"That was sudden by the way she is Anvi."

"Anvi, she is Deepika my college friend and my fire brigade as well because whenever I am in a dire emergency of clothes she is my only go-to option." Deepika aunty rolled her eyes at aunty and I touched her feet to take her blessing.

"Beta, don't touch my feet." Saying this she hugged me as if I did something unconventional.

"Malini, you have got a gem for your son." Deepika aunty commented.

"I know."

"Deepika we don't have time and we want to have something for tomorrow's reception."

"You shouldn't worry when your fire brigade is here." Deepika aunty showed a lot of dresses, all those were newly designed but every dress was in red. I couldn't take it watching all the red at once.

I can never deal with red.

Aunty sensed my discomfort and asked Deepika aunty, "Fire Brigade, don't you have anything except red?"

"Of course I have." I chose the next piece of peacock coloured designer saree. I was thankful that I didn't have to choose more as aunty liked my choice.

"Are are you not coming to Adhiraj's reception?"

"No, I have to go to Mumbai tomorrow so I will be busy with packing." After we bid bye to Deepika Aunty we came out and went home.

I was going to my room but stopped in my tracks. I turned around and called aunty,

"Aunty."

"Yes, beta."

"Thank you."

"For?" she seemed confused about what I was thankful for.

"I enjoyed shopping with you today." With her, I forgot how I became her daughter-in-law. I always feel that I know her for ages.

"I feel happy that my daughter enjoyed it. Beta, if you don't mind can I ask you something?"

"Please."

"Call me Mom, but only if you are comfortable"

I was numb and couldn't say a word but then heard aunty,

"Leave it, it doesn't even matter. You will still be my daughter irrespective of what you call me."

She mistook my silence as a No and to clear her dilemma I said, "Mom." Smiling she hugged me instantly. I didn't hesitate a bit to call her mom. Ever since I had married Nikhil she has been showering me with love. Even when it's only two days but I can say that there is no facade on anyone's face here, but I would not like to comment on Nikhil. I am still not comfortable in his presence.

The day passed and Nikhil didn't come to talk today. It's weird, first, he comes to me to talk and then disappears like a ghost. I have no idea what's going on in his mind. During dinner, my eyes were in search of him but he was nowhere to be seen. Sometimes I feel he is deliberately ignoring me. But then why does he approach me always?

After the dinner, I was lying on the bed and my head was filled with Nikhil's thoughts. He seems so mysterious that my head aches thinking about him. Since I was tired of shopping and all it didn't take me much to fall into a deep slumber.

Nikhil's POV

Staying back in India had incurred losses to my company. I can't live here for long and needed to leave as soon as possible. I talked to dad about it and informed about everything. He was supportive but was worried about Anvi. I assured him that I will not force her, whether to leave with me or not will be her choice.

I had to talk to her but she was gone to shopping with Mom. With the thought of talking with her in the evening, I decided to work. I even didn't go to have my dinner but when mom came in with the food I couldn't deny and had it in the study room. I worked till two in the night and being tired when was going towards the guest room the thought of checking up on Anvi came to my mind. I thought she will be awake like yesterday night so I went to the garden and looked up but the door of the balcony was closed and so was her bedroom very much to my disappointment.

The next day I was so exhausted and so tired so woke up late and didn't go out to have breakfast. After getting up at the noon I had my brunch and then worked for a while.

Because of mom's ultimatum, I had to reluctantly get ready for the reception. She said people will talk ill about my marriage so for the sake of the so-called society I had to attend the reception. I was sulking not ready to go until my eyes fell upon Anvi descending the stairs.

God! She looked beautiful.

"Wow! Bhabhi. You look gorgeous." exclaimed Nirvana at which she gave him a shy smile mumbling a little thank you.

"Thank me later," Mom whispered to me and I understood what she meant

"Deepika Aunty?" I asked as that Saree could be only her masterpiece

"Of course, who else besides my fire brigade." I thought women look more beautiful in red but my wife proved me wrong.

Anvi's POV

Everyone complimented me for my look but it was all Deepika aunty and mom's efforts. If not for mom's shopping plan and Deepika aunty's designed dress I would have never bought this saree.

"Let's have a family picture first, what say?" Uncle asked.

Family Picture? I don't even remember when was the last time I had clicked a picture with my family.

"Anvi, are you not ok with the idea?" Uncle looked concerned thinking I didn't want it.

"No uncle, it's not like that. Let's click a family picture." Uncle beamed at my response but then frowned suddenly.

"This is not fair Anvi."

"What's not fair dad?" Nirvana asked him.

"She calls Malini Mom but calling me Uncle." He looked gloomy and I felt bad, because of me he was sad.

I heard Nirvana laughing and when I looked at him he said, "Bhabhi, dad is just pulling your leg, don't worry."

"Yes, you don't have to feel pressurized because of what I said. I just wanted to tease you." Uncle said laughing but whatever he said was right.

"Don't worry you will get used to his idiotic jokes," Grandma commented rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on Shanku, one day you will agree I don't pass idiotic jokes."

"We will see to that."

Amidst the bickering, I called uncle, "Uncle."

"Yes, beta?"

"Can I...Can I call you dad?" He looked stunned but then grinned.

"It's not because of any obligation, right?" he asked to which I shook my head.

"You don't have to ask," he enveloped me into a hug while everyone clapped.

"Guys, we are getting late." I heard Nikhil's voice but didn't know where he was. We couldn't click a family picture and decided to have it later.

"Jealous of my and my daughter's bond." dad mumbled. Mom told me to accompany Nikhil while the others went into another car.

I was waiting for Nikhil outside when saw him coming out of the house in his grey tuxedo. 

He looked handsome.

"Hi."

"hey."

"You...look good," he said not meeting my gaze.

"Thanks."

Good? That's all. Looks like boys only prefer girls in red.

The ride to the venue was silent. Nikhil tried to play songs in between but the overly romantic songs put us both in an awkward and uncomfortable position so he stopped giving me an apologetic look.

When the car came to a halt I found media already standing outside. I just didn't want to cross through them because I wasn't ready to take questions on my marriage.

"Anvi, you okay?" Nikhil saw me looking outside and I was sure my anxious expression was noticed by him.

"Yeah, I am."

"We will ignore the paparazzi ok? We won't answer any of their questions."I nodded giving a small smile to him.

I was about to get out when Nikhil's voice stopped me.

"Anvi."

"Yeah."

"Hold my hand, that way I will be able to guide you through them." It didn't seem right to me so I tried to assure him that I will handle it.

"I will be fine."

"Trust me just this once." He convinced me when I saw concern for me in his eyes. Both of us got out and when Nikhil came beside me he extended his hand for me to hold. I held his hand with a little bit of hesitation and we walked ahead.

All of the eyes snapped towards us making me hold Nikhil's arm as well. I was a little terrified but was trying not to show it.

"Ignore their questions," Nikhil whispered.

"Ms.Anvi Shekhar, were you the bride in blue?"

"Why did you marry out of the blue?"

"Was your marriage a business deal?"

"Is it true that you cheated on your ex-boyfriend?"

They started throwing their nonsensical questions on me. But one thing was good none of them were pointed towards Nikhil and his family. Nikhil securely guided me inside and then left my hand. I would be lying if I say I didn't like the way he protected me today.

"Thanks."

"It's fine."

Mom, dad, grandma, and Nirvana were easy to find. We went to them but regretted the next moment as Ahana was there with her family. Mom introduced me first to Adhiraj Bhaiya's family and then like an actress Ahana hugged me shedding crocodile tears.

"I missed you. I am sorry you have to go through everything. Forgive your sister for not being able to save you." This marriage was better than getting saved by her.

"I am fine," I said pulling back and smiling slightly. I was getting bored in the boring party and so was grandma.

"I am getting bored." grandma voiced out her thoughts.

"Same," Nirvana said yawning.

"Adhiraj Bhaiya's party used to be cool, before," Nikhil commented and by looking at the arrangements it wasn't very difficult to judge that it was all Ahana's idea.

"I am sure it's her wife's idea. I already don't like her."I heard Nirvana. I wanted to smile but couldn't.

"Nirvana." Mom's stern voice made him stop and he apologized immediately.

"Oops! Sorry, Bhabhi. She is your sister and.." I had to cut him off in mid because I didn't mind his words at all.

"It's fine, you don't have to be sorry just because of your opinions."

"When are we leaving the party?" dad asked looking here and there.

"We have just arrived honey." Mom replied.

All of us were getting bored but not for long as I saw my siblings coming towards me. After the arrived they bonded well with my new family.

"Where are others?" I asked Adhyayan Bhaiya as he took a seat beside me.

"They are on the way." Nikhil was very much comfortable siblings and most importantly with Bhaiya. Vritti was filling grandma with some gossips while Nirvana and Arpit were talking about some stuff I had no idea about. Dad didn't stop with his jokes irritating mom and I felt happy looking at their happy faces. But my happiness couldn't stay for long when Ahana approached me.

"Nikhil, if you don't mind. Can I take your wife?"

Nikhil's reply amazed me as he said, "As long as my wife is comfortable." He looked at me to get a response. I was glad that I could say No as my opinions mattered to my new family.

"Ahana, I will come later on. You go and enjoy your big day." Ahana was not happy but then she again played her being sweet card which worked,

"I don't know when I will meet you again as I and Adhiraj will be leaving India soon. Please come with me. Won't you listen to your sister? Are you angry with me because I didn't help you on the day of your marriage?"

Hearing her everyone's expression changed and I had to stop her before she could hurt my family with her venomous words.

"Let's go," I replied curtly and got up. She took me to meet some of her friends and there was that guy as well because of whom I and Nikhil's life tangled together.

"Guys, she is Anvi. My sister and my sister-in-law as well." Everyone present there greeted me but I could see what she was trying to do. She took me there so that she could introduce me to the person who was the reason of my miseries.

"Anvi, he is Aman." When he smiled at me all I wanted was to punch that guy.

"And Aman you must have met her, right?" Now I am certain it's all Ahana's doing. It was all her plan. How could she stoop so low? I couldn't stay there longer when realized what kind of a person she is real is and excusing myself I left.

"Anvi, wait." She said but I didn't stop. If she will stop me now I know I will say something that might create a scene.

"Anvi Shekhar," she said holding my arm. Her nails were digging into my arm and she took me to a secluded area.

"What do you think of yourself? I was introducing you to my friends. How could you leave like that?" she yelled as if she owns me.

"I left because I don't like your friends," I replied trying to keep my voice as low as possible.

"I thought your attitude would have been gone but I can see a new version of you right now. Anvi 2.0. You have changed."

Changed? No, I was always like this but had to stop dealing with people my way. I didn't reply and tried to leave but she held my hand again. I winced in pain when she dug her nails into my skin.

"Leave me. It hurts."

"Listen to me, you Anvi Shekhar. You destroyed my dream and now I will snatch your happiness. I am not like others so warming you beforehand. I won't stay still till I get what I want."

The girl in front of me was talking gibberish as I couldn't understand any of it.

"You have gone crazy Ahana. I don't know what dream you are talking about. You already have snatched my happiness, What else is left?" I jerked her hand off my arm that had blood on it now.

"One more thing, It's Anvi Nikhil Arora," I said before going towards the washroom. I washed my wounds with cold water and went to where my family was.

"Beta, where is Nikhil?" Mom asked me when I took a seat around the round table.

"I don't know Mom."

"Strange? He went to check up on you."

"I didn't see him." I moved my gaze in the reception hall but didn't see the one in the grey tux my eyes were looking for.

"There comes Bhaiya." Nirvana's voice made me look over to where he was pointing.

Nikhil sat beside me and Mom asked him "Where were you?"

"Sorry, I met with a friend on the way." Nikhil's eyes roamed over my hands and then at me. I was bewildered for a moment when he asked, "You are okay?"

"Yeah," I replied gaining his charming smile. I didn't want to stay there anymore but couldn't leave. Mom and dad introduced me to some of their relatives. My eyes landed upon my real family who after coming inside the venue went to meet Ahana first.

Yeah, why not, it's her big day so she is getting all of the attention. But even if it was not, my mother would have avoided me no doubt. She had seen me but after meeting Ahana she didn't even bother to come and meet me. Leave me but how could she do that to my in-laws. I felt hurt, not for myself because I was used to that behaviour of hers, but because she ignored the people whom I consider my family now.

Deciding to talk to her I went to where she was. I couldn't let my family humiliated because of her.

Enough is enough.

I did what she asked me to but not anymore. To my dismay, she was nowhere to be seen.

I tried calling her number but she didn't even pick up. Fortunately, I found her in the same secluded area where I was talking with Ahana a few moments ago.

Mom was not alone as there was a girl as well whose back was visible to me.

"Why did you do that to her?" I heard the familiar voice of none other than the girl standing there. It was Sara.

"I am not answerable to you." Mom's cold reply made me alarmed.

"Really? You broke my friendship with my best friend and then you forced her into a marriage with a person she doesn't even know. Are you even her mother?"

What was Sara talking about? Did mom break our friendship? I hid myself to listen to further conversation.

"Stop it, Sara. Before you raise your voice you should remember what I am capable of. I haven't done anything to you or your family because you kept your promise. So you better keep it that way."

"I can't believe you played with me and most importantly with your daughter."

What did she mean played with her and me?

"You need to leave and remember you will not contact Anvi."

"As if I have a choice." Sara was crying and my heart hurt at my best friend's state. I had tears in my eyes when I got to know it was my mother who separated me and my best friend.

Why can't she see me happy? Suddenly I felt suffocated and wanted to leave so I went out. That place was filled with selfish, heartless people and I wanted to leave at that instant.

"Anvi, What are you doing here?" I heard Nikhil's voice. I turned towards him while my eyes were still filled with tears.

"I want to leave," I said looking at him.

"Leave? what's wrong? Did anyone hurt you?"

I shook my head and said, "No, I just don't feel fine. Tell everyone that I left because I was not feeling well. I need to leave Nikhil, please."

"Okay, okay. We are leaving," he said but I didn't want him to leave his cousin's reception just because of me. I didn't want to trouble him so I said, "You don't have to."

"I want to,"

Nikhil's POV

I wanted to comfort her but at the same time, I didn't want her to be scared. I had already not made her comfortable with my presence. I had never felt this much helpless in my whole life. My wife was crying in front of me but I was only staring at her.

All I could was give her my handkerchief so that she could wipe her tears. I called Nirvana and informed him that we are leaving with an excuse of Anvi's health.

"Come, let's go," I said and extended my hand. She held it with her soft and small hand and we left the left party before gathering any attention.

Do tell me your views about the chapter as well as Nikhil and Anvi. <3

Guys, if anyone of you have any idea where can I find turkish shows then please do inform me and please follow me on insta if not followed till now,

My insta account----> shrishtee_suman1

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

123K 3.8K 47
A princess but abandoned by her own family. A would be wife but abandoned by her own would be husband. A sister but doubt and hated by her own real...
118K 7K 47
Sitting before the mirror on her wedding day, adorned with the red bridal attire, Zoya, Delhi's one of the most renowned Gynecologist couldn't feign...
2.1M 108K 40
~Glimpse~~ "Who are You?" That was the Question I asked her The Second All people Left the Hall. "I.. Amis.. I" Her heart was Beating fast as Her br...
368K 36.3K 72
| 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together through the gulf in their marriage to catch...