Cliché || H.S.

By cherryxxo

Lilian O'Brien has learned three things since becoming one of Hollywood's hottest actresses: 1. Don't give pe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 47

12.5K 280 329
By cherryxxo

By 4:30am my eyes are wide open, and no matter how much I toss and turn I know that there's no going back to sleep. I'm not sure if it's the jet lag or the nerves, but it looks like my day is starting now whether I like it or not. I turn to my other side in an attempt to get comfortable when I hear a groan beside me.

"Mmm... what time is it?" Harry asks, his morning voice husky. I think Harry first thing in the morning might be my favorite Harry. He always looks young and boyish, but his voice is always sexy as hell.

"4:45," I respond, checking my phone, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." Have I really only been awake for fifteen minutes?

"No, you didn't," Harry hums. He wraps his arm around me, pulling my back to his chest before running his hand up and down my arm, placing a soft kiss on my bare shoulder. "I was going to get up in a few minutes anyways to run. Why are you up so early?"

"Jetlag... stress."

"I know that I'm no Shaun, but do you maybe want to go on my run with me? It might help clear your head," Harry suggests, "Or we can just lay here and I'll stay home, whatever you want."

He's right, if I was at home I would have called Shaun, asked if we could squeeze in an early morning session. Working out has always been an outlet for me, and even though the idea of getting out of this warm bed sounds nearly impossible, I know that my body is buzzing too much to lay down for hours. "A run would be nice."

I try my best to pace myself to Harry, focusing on my breath as my feet hit the pavement. I used to hate running with other people, but right now the body beside me is comforting. Training for this role has made running much easier than it ever has been before, and I feel strong as my legs carry me through the town.

There's hardly anybody milling around this early, only businessmen and shop owners, none of which pay us any mind. Back in LA I could only dream of running in public without being photographed, and it makes me love London even more. I take note of the stores we pass, my playlist acting as background music in my ears. Harry has his headphones in too, both of us getting lost in our own worlds.

I follow his lead as we turn back onto a dirt path, slightly muddy from the constant rain. My legs are finally beginning to ache in the best way, and I decide to push myself a little bit harder, running a few paces ahead of Harry.

It only takes him a moment for him to catch up, matching my speed long enough to nudge me before he presses on ahead of me. I know exactly what he's doing, so I move my legs even faster to try and at least match him. Just as I come up on his left, the house comes back into view. Harry gives me a glance when he hears me coming and starts running even faster.

I break into a full on sprint, surpassing him just before the gate to the house. My legs burn as I push myself, knowing I started this little race and I'm going to end it too. I take in a deep breath, trying to get enough oxygen to my legs in order to get me through the last few strides, feeling Harry sneak up on me.

Just as I think I might have it, two arms wrap around me, pulling my feet off the ground. I kick my legs, but I'm too exhausted to protest fully as Harry carries me a few steps. "Alright there, love. Take it easy," Harry pants.

Harry collapses us onto the grass, and I lay next to him looking up at the gray sky while I fight for breath. "I totally had that," I complain, envisioning how close I was to the gate.

"No you didn't. I caught up to you," Harry counters, "I would have easily passed you." I turn my head to look at him, watching his chest rise and fall heavily.

"I think you knew losing would bruise your fragile male ego too much so you took us both out of the race," I challenge, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Me? A fragile ego? I just didn't want you to feel bad, the effort was cute though," He responds sassily. I scoff at him, rolling my eyes as I turn my head back up to the sky. "That really was nice though. We should run together more often," Harry says more genuinely.

"I don't want to run with you if you're going to be a sore loser," I bring back up, a smirk on my face. I close my eyes letting the morning air cool my face.

"Oh c'mon. Same time tomorrow, you can try your best while I leave you in the dust."

"I'm going to need some incentive before I go all Usain Bolt on your ass," I say, trying to sound completely unphased. I love when we get in these moods, teasing and competitive.

"Like what?"

"Hmmm," I hum, "Loser has to go down on the other person?" I offer. Harry's jaw drops open and then snaps back shut, complete silence coming from him. "Doesn't seem like you have much to say now," I smirk.

"I'm so in love with your mind," he says quietly.

****

"Oh darling!" Mario shouts as I walk into the hotel room where his station is already set up for my hair. I break out into a smile as soon as I see him and reach forward for a hug, only for him to walk right past me and head straight into Harry's arms.

"Mario, you piece of shit!" I shout, setting down my things while he smothers Harry. Mario pulls away and comes to me, giving me a bear hug and kissing both my cheeks. "Just saving the best for last. And look at you! Glowing skin, growing hair, you are just a doll," he compliments.

I sit down in the chair facing the vanity as he runs his fingers through my hair like he has a million times before. "Now I need to know," Mario starts, "Did you take my advice for breakup sex? And is that what got us here today?"

I press a palm to my forehead, and Harry on the couch next to me pretends to be deeply engrossed by something on his phone. "I hate to kill your dreams but I'm afraid not. Not that it's any of your business," I respond, watching as he begins clipping up sections.

"Oh trust me hon, I've made it my business to make that my business. I knew you two couldn't stay apart for long though, both of you are far too gorgeous," Mario comments.

"Ah yes, the foundation of every successful relationship. Good genes," I say sarcastically. I hear Harry just barely chuckle besides me, looking back up from his phone to watch the interaction.

"I would know about successful relationships," Mario says jovially, "Remember that guy Mark? We made it official."

"Mario! Aww I'm so happy for you. You deserve this," I respond genuinely. Mario gets a goofy grin on his face before turning to face Harry.

"But if you're the one asking," Mario points his comb at Harry, "I'm single." Harry chuckles and shakes his head before blowing a kiss to Mario. Mario and I make eye contact through the mirror, and he looks like he could die right then and there.

"Alright big guy, more doing my hair, less hitting on my boyfriend please."

Once I'm completely dolled up and in my dress, Harry and I have a few moments to ourselves before my assistant will call up to let me know the car is ready. I inspect my dress in the mirror, fidgeting where nothing is wrong. The dress is beautiful, and I realize that after all these years I'm still not used to being able to dress up like this.

Harry comes up behind me and rests his hands on my arms. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess," I sigh.

Harry presses a kiss to my single bare shoulder before making eye contact through the mirror. "My pretty girl. I'm excited for you." I offer him a soft smile, turning around to face him.

"Your outfit is tame tonight," I muse, playing with the collar of his salmon colored shirt, the same color of pink in my dress.

"Well I didn't want to upstage you on your big night," He smirks, "I'm proud of you though, seriously." I stand up on my tiptoes so I can give him a kiss, making it just light enough so it doesn't mess up my lipstick.

"Thank you for being here. I'm pretty sure I'd be hyperventilating if you weren't." Just as Harry opens his mouth to reply, my phone begins ringing to notify me that it's time to go. I guess this is it.

Harry wasn't able to walk the carpet with me because he had no involvement with the movie, so I finally meet back up with him and everyone else's dates inside the venue. I find him in conversation with Celeste who ended up being Tom's date, who she's been seeing a lot recently after months of resistance.

"Celeste I think this is the first time I've seen you in something besides scrubs in like a year," I comment, sliding up next to Harry and grabbing his hand.

Celeste looks down at the dress Annabelle made her, running a hand down the front, "It is kind of weird, isn't it?" As I'm about to respond, Tom joins the three of us, resting a hand on Celeste's back and pressing a kiss to her cheek. Tom Holland was her celebrity crush for years, and I know she said she wouldn't want to date someone who's famous, but I know she secretly loves it.

"Oh, Tom! This is Harry," I introduce the two of them watching as they shake hands. They immediately begin talking about London, and I exchange a look with Celeste. Tom and Harry are honestly two of the most charming men I've ever met, and seeing them interact is something I never saw coming, but I also kind of love it. This is already going way smoother than I planned.

Harry POV

Lilian is absolutely glowing. I know she was stressed, but it was honestly for no reason. We got to watch the movie in an expensive dining theater and seeing her in a black latex suit was really fucking hot. The movie was great too, but that was to be expected. Her strutting around in a latex suit though... I did not expect that.

But really, she looks stunning tonight, and after seeing the finished result it's obvious that she's beaming with pride. It's also obvious how in love everyone is with her. I can't even count how many people she's introduced me to, cast and crew members coming over to say hello to her, and she talks to each of them like an old best friend.

The day I met her she had the same energy. Even though she was meeting many of the people in that room for the first time, everyone was already obsessed with her. I know she doesn't see it in herself, but it's so easy for her to light up a room, and that's why it drove me crazy that she obviously didn't like me off the bat. She's someone you want to like you.

The fact that she now not only likes me, but also loves me makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Millions of people would kill to be in my position, and there's not a day that I can forget it. I feel honored that I get to be here, on her night, as her date. I know I should tell her these things more often, but she's never been one for mushy emotional stuff, and she always just blushes and changes the subject, but even that is cute.

"It was nice meeting you, mate," I hear, pulling me back to the present. I shake the man's hand, not even sure who he is exactly. Lilian gives him a hug and an air kiss before he walks away, wife in tow. Once the couple is out of earshot she takes a long drink of champagne, and I can't help but stare at her pouty red lips.

"The time change is really starting to get to me," she leans into me, "I'm already exhausted."

I rest my hand on her hip, running my hand over the curve of it. "You just let me know when you're ready to leave. I can think of some other ways to celebrate at home," I say, my voice just low enough for her to hear. She gets a slight smirk on her face and stands up straighter.

"I have a few more people to talk to but I might take you up on that offer later," she winks. This woman will actually be the death of me. "Where did Celeste and Tom go?"

My eyes scan the crowd for them, and when I turn back a tall man is walking towards us. Even from here I can see the dark look in his eyes, the way he scans Lilian's body. As he gets closer I recognize him from somewhere, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

I place a protective hand on her back which grabs her attention, her eyes following my gaze. Completely ignoring my presence, he walks straight up to Lilian, a punchable grin on his face. I hate the way he's looking at her, like he's undressing her with his eyes. He leans down to hug her, and she takes it gracefully, but I can tell from her body language that she's uncomfortable. How do I know this guy?

"Harry," Lilian prompts, "You remember Jon Watts, the director?"

__________

A/N: Woah a cliff hanger I never do that.... kind of fun though, maybe I should keep you on your toes more often ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 921 20
Rose and Harry have been friends for years. Throughout there friendship, Harry always had more feelings for Rose then just friends and she new that...
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...
7.4K 584 89
Completed✅ ***WARNING***Contains sexual content, graphic violence, drug abuse, rape and strong language. "So I guess this is goodbye then." I turn ar...
2.7K 1K 17
There was a lady named Mari Stone but when she was little she was in a car accident when she was about 5 years old. And because of the accident she h...