NINJA

Από ezentachichi

Cleo was just your average teenager..at least she thought she was until she discovered she was the only heir... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 25

15 2 6
Από ezentachichi

Cleo opened her eyes.

The rays of the sun left a warm sensation on her skin. She sighed, relaxed. She felt someone breathing on her neck causing her to slowly turn to her side. Jordan was fast asleep, snoring softly. His pretty hair in his face. His arms wrapped around her pulling her closer to his chest. Cleo smiled, running her hand through his ridiculously soft hair, loving how soft it was.

Jordan's in my bed she thought dreamily. Then it hit her

Jordan's in my bed?!

She was instantly snapped from her dreamy gaze and did the first thing that popped into her mind. She shoved him off the bed. Hard. He landed with a loud thud! An annoyed grunt followed and then a groan

"Ouch! That hurt!"

Cleo quickly wrapped her arms around herself.

"What were you doing in my bed?" She asked suspiciously, cautiously watching the dark haired Asian boy.

The boy shrugged, getting up from the floor stretching.

"We didn't....you know....do anything. Did we?"

The boy smirked
"Did we? I don't know. I don't remember"

"Liar"

He shrugged again, rubbing his aching shoulder. He glared at her

"Did you really need to shove me that hard?"

Cleo smirked
"Duh. What did you think I'll do? Cuddle you?"

Cuddle? A blush crept into his cheeks at the thought. He cuddled Cleo yesterday and it was amazing. Cleo looked at the blushing boy, raising a brow confused.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing" he replied almost too quickly. His face now completely red.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked worried

"I'm fine. I...um...I should probably get going...so..um... Maybe later." The Asian boy stuttered as he left the room leaving the girl more confused than before.

What was that about?

Jordan made it to his room, banging the door behind him. His heart beating very fast, threatening to break free from his chest. He walked to the bathroom, looking at the blushing boy which was himself in the mirror. The thought of Cleo cuddling him made him warm all over. A silly smile appeared on his face. He wasn't the type to gush over things like this but here he is gushing over cuddling a girl.

Not just any girl. The love of my life. He smiled again. He was actually shocked when he thought about it Love of my life? That's serious sappy romance shit. And he was anything but sappy and romantic. But he just couldn't help but smile.

Cleo made her way to the bathroom inside her room. She brushed her teeth before her breath killed anyone. Morning breath was just the worst. She washed up her hair she hadn't washed in days. She sighed as the warm water touched her body, soothing her. She thought about her friends. Anida and Chris could totally handle themselves but she wanted to make sure.

And grandpa? Fat tear drops rolled down her face at the thought of her grandfather. She couldn't save him. She didn't even know where he was. She couldn't protect him from Yoshi! She clenched her fists so hard they hurt.

That evil bastard!

Yoshi seemed to know how to get on someone's bad side. He'll pay she swore.That fucking psycho will pay. She punched her fist in the wall in a fit of rage causing the wall to crack. Funny enough, she couldn't feel any pain. She wished that was actually Yoshi's face and not the damn wall.

She got out of the bathroom when she was done. A look of surprise crossed her face when she saw  the clothes on her dresser. A blue gown, a ribbon to go with it and black flats. Cleo held up the dress. It was pretty but she wasn't into dresses. She was more of a pants person. She thought of tossing them aside and wearing her old clothes but her old clothes were ripped and bloodied beyond repair plus it was Jordan who bought them. For her.

She sighed The least I could do is to wear them. Right? And she did. She stood in front of the mirror. The dress was below her knee but the fabric was soft. She tied her hair up with a ribbon and finally wore the flats. She looked so different but she liked it.

She heard a rap on the door
"Come in" she chirped

"Hey, Cleo would you like break.." Jordan's words trailed off as the black beauty looked at him. The light blue color went well with her skin color. Her big golden brown eyes watched the Asian curiously.

Jordan's eyes widened. He knew she was pretty but damn! Her name suited her perfectly. He didn't realize he'd been staring long until the girl flicked his forehead.

"Oww! What was that for?" he pouted

"You were staring. Is it okay?" She asked, nervously

"Its more than okay. You look fucking gorgeous."

Cleo smiled shyly "Thank you. For the compliment and the clothes. By the way, how did you know my size?"

"I have my ways" A cocky grin on his face. Cleo rolled her eyes having a hunch that Anida probably told him.

"Anyway, I want to visit my friends. They must be worried sick"

"Of course they are" he grumbled, folding his arms. Cleo smiled a bit as he watched Jordan, amused.

"I'll be back soon"

"Yeah sure. Take your time. You've always spent more time with them so whatever. I don't care. I don't care that you never spend your day with me. It's okay really. Just go" he sulked

Cleo laughed "Are you jealous?"

"No! Why would I be?" he blurted

"No reason" she replied, smiling brightly. It made him scowl.

"Whatever"

                            ****

Chris heard the bell. He and Anida jumped startled and exchanged glances as they cautiously made it to the door. Chris gulped while Anida held her dagger tight. He pushed the door opened, expecting an Asian with cool grey eyes and a scarred face but instead a dark skinned girl with familiar light brown eyes beamed at him

"Cleo?"

"Hey guys--" she found herself in the middle of her best friends hugging like their lives depended on it.

"Oh my God Cleo! Where the hell have you been?!"Anida demanded both scared and relieved at the same time

"It's a long story" she said simply as she felt herself unable to breathe. She gasped and choked out "Guys...can't...breathe."

They let go almost immediately, apologizing profusely.

"Cleo...Don't ever scare us like that? Ever!" Chris warned, dragging her inside the house.

She nodded.

"Where have you been anyway?" Anida asked again as they made their way to the kitchen

"I was with Jordan" she answered with a shrug

Her friends stared at her. Both with different expressions. Anida was shocked, a smile forming on her face. Chris on the other hand frowned, folding his arms. Anida passed a bottle of juice to Cleo grinning like the cheshire cat.

"So...How was it? Did you guys have fun?" she said, wiggling her brows. Chris let out a snort, receiving a smack on the head from Anida

Cleo shrugged "I was out for a week so I won't say I had fun" She sighed looking at her palms. The medallions were gone, Yoshi escaped and her grandfather was certainly not in good shape. She learned from her friends that grandpa had sustained grave injuries. His limbs were severely damaged earning him a life time on a wheel chair. He lost a lot of blood and his heart had stopped three times since last week. And he's currently in a coma. Not to mention he was put in a full body cast thanks to his broken bones from his psychotic brother. Her grandma was doing well. She'd been diagnosed with pneumonia. It was no surprise since Takashi locked her in a freezer for weeks. The doctors said she'll be fine.

Chris held her hand, comforting her while she took in the news. Cleo just stared into open space. She expected tears but none rolled down her cheek. She was tired. Tired of crying. Tired of hurting. Tired of losing the people she loved. Tired of Yoshi. She felt empty, falling into the darkness she buried within herself. She wanted to be strong for her friends, for her family but she failed.

She got captured and almost killed by a crazy assassin. She wanted to give up. To forget about everything. To be a normal teenage girl with ordinary teenage problems not a ninja that had to protect the world from a power crazed psychotic killer. She sighed

"I-I can't do this anymore" she said breaking the silence. Her friends looked at her, confused

"What do you mean, Cleo?" Anida asked knowing fully well what her friend meant

"Is it the juice? We can always get another brand" Chris said trying to change the subject

"You know what I mean. Don't try to change the subject" Cleo snapped making the blond flinch

"I've lost everyone I loved. I didn't even get to see my parents or relatives or anyone! I've known only grandma and until recently my grandfather. And now what if they don't make it? What will I do? I'll lose the only family I have left. What was I thinking?!" She yelled, tugging her hair.

Anida and Chris said nothing. Their leader was losing it. Not that they blame her. She's been through a lot. Chris sighed hugging the dark girl, rubbing circles on her back

"Cleo.." he said softly "I know how you feel. You're sad, scared and hurt. But you have us"

She shifted her gaze from her palms to the blond boy. His sapphire blue eyes held a lot of emotions.

"What...if..I lose you guys. I can't risk it. I don't know what I'll do if..if" her voice trailed off. She wanted to cry but no tears came.

" I just want to quit."

"Cleo!" Anida yelled. Her  emerald green eyes wet with tears swirling with raw emotions "Don't you dare! Don't you dare give up on us. The Cleo I know never gives up. You saved me despite all the injuries, all the broken bones, you caught me from pummeling to my death. Who fucking does that? How many times did you get hurt to save us. You've never not even for one second thought of giving up. Why now?"

Cleo had no answer to that. She remained silent looking at the raging black haired girl

"My parents were...well.. not the best people. For some reason, when I was born they lost everything. They said I was cursed. That I deserved to die and they were right. I let them vent all their anger on me. I wanted to die. To just..not exist anymore. Until Sensei found me. He gave me a purpose. He said I was brave and strong. That killing myself would be a waste of life. My parents actually left me to die in a burning house. They didn't fucking care. I don't even know why I'm telling you about my messed up childhood. The point is you will not give up on us. I don't allow it. Get your shit together and be our leader!"

The dark girl and the blond stared at the fuming black haired girl, shocked beyond words. Cleo smiled, walking to Anida wrapping her arms around her. The girl wailed, hugging back holding Cleo tight. She sniffed

"Please don't give up on us." Anida begged

Cleo stroked her hair
"I won't. I promise. I was being selfish"

"You weren't. You went through a lot. I'm sorry I lashed out on you"

"Shh...It's okay" she cooed
"Thank you. You made me see reason. I actually didn't think of it that way. I still have something worth fighting for. I won't give up on you guys and we will certainly defeat Yoshi. I swear it."

Chris smiled"Now that's the Cleo I know."

"I feel like myself again. Thank you" she agreed

He grinned "No problem" as he walked to the fridge grabbing three bottles of soda and snacks before making his way to the living room. He placed the food on the table and bounced on the couch. The remote in his hand.

"Now that's over. Who's up for a movie?"

Anida stopped hugging Cleo and apologized for the wet spot on her dress. She wiped her eyes, smiling.

"I'm down" Cleo said, joining Chris on the couch.

"I call shot gun!"Anida yelled, sitting on Chris's other side.

"No. I call shot gun. I got the remote" Chris said smugly

"Okay" Anida said with a mischievous glint in her eyes
"Look Ariana Grande!" she pointed

"Where?" Chris asked looking around for his idol. Anida grabbed the remote from his hand

"I don't see her."

Cleo laughed" Of course you don't. She was never here"

Chris rolled his eyes while Anida snickered, holding the remote

"Now I call shot gun" she smiled smugly. Chris stuck out his tongue. Anida did the same.

"What are we watching?" Cleo asked, stuffing chips into her mouth

Anida put some sappy romance movie earning a groan from both Cleo and Chris.

"What!"

"Nothing" Both shrugged

"Whatever" she said watching the movie along with the groaning action fans. Cleo and Chris rolled their eyes anytime the male lead said Love of my life. He said it countless times. It seemed like that was his only line and the female lead gushed every time turning a bright shade of red. After a long hour and thirty minutes of sappy romance which Cleo and Chris endured, Cleo grabbed the remote from Anida and then put an action movie. It was Anida's turn to groan while the other two bumped their fists together.

The three watched the action movie literally at the edge of their seats as the intense battle went down. Cleo looked at her friends. Anida who covered her face with a throw pillow when it became too violent and Chris who found the violent scenes hilarious. She felt extremely lucky having friends like them. And she will fulfill her destiny and protect them even if it meant losing her own life.

That'll be for another time but now, she'd enjoy the movie.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
Bad Boy Roommate ✔︎✔︎ Από g r a c i e

Εφηβική Φαντασία

52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...