Heartbeat - BTS

By kookarchives

" as long as we're together , we are bulletproof " - a story archived by staerryniights More

note
introduction
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

08

1.4K 43 4
By kookarchives

Kim Jaerin

I groaned as I felt the sunlight fell on my eyes, I covered my body with my blanket as I tried to sleep again.

"Tired.." I mumbled as I sat up slowly, half-asleep. I rubbed my eyes as my blanket fell from my shoulders to my thighs.

The gears on my mind started working as my eyes widened and my heart started beating rapidly. I'm going to meet my members today, and I'm nearly late.

I panicked as I immediately stood up from my bed, and accidentally stubbed my toe in the cabinet near my bed as I groaned in pain.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my palm on my pinky toe, I closed my eyes for a second as I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom, my pinky toe still throbbing in pain.

"This is going to be a long day for sure.." I mumbled to myself as I opened the showers and closed my eyes, letting the water fall on my bare body.

I quickly stepped out of the shower as I grabbed a black shirt and ripped jeans to wear.

I growled out of annoyance as my foot got stuck in the jeans as I quickly buttoned it, it's the first day that I'm meeting them and here I am, in the verge of getting late and leaving a bad impression on them.

I brushed my hair and thankfully, it's not tangled or else  I have no choice but to meet them with a hair that looks like a bird nest, or even worse.

I grabbed my bag as I ran to the company, which is not that far from where the dorms are, nearly tripping on my doorstep, I gained my balance and started running like crazy.

My hair is going crazy and the strong wind didn't make it any better, I'm running like a crazy teen being chased by a killer clown, just like how it is in movies.

My hair is all over the place the time I arrived in front of the agency, I fixed my hair using my fingers as I tried placing my hair in place.

I'm panting like crazy, and yet here I am walking to the studio where Mr. Bang told me to go so that I can meet my members.

"Good Morning.." I greeted a staff as he looked at me worriedly, maybe it's because my hair is a mess even though I tried to fix it, or maybe because sweat is rolling down from my temples.

"Aigoo, Jae-ah! Here, wipe your sweat and goodluck with your members!" Hr handed me a handkerchief as I bowed and wiped my sweat carefully.

I'm right, it's because I'm sweating like crazy. Everything can be described as crazy today, and yes, today is a crazy day.

"Thank You," I bowed again as he smiled and walked away, I continued walking to the office while wiping my sweat. I scrunched my nose as I saw how wet the handkerchief is because of my sweat. I sighed and placed it in the back pocket of my jeans.

I knocked on Mr. Bang's office door before peeking inside to see if he's there, I saw him sitting on his swivel chair, thick papers placed neatly in his desk.

He looked up as he smiled after seeing me, I politely bowed at him as he stood up and lead me outside.

"Are you ready to meet your members, Jaerin?" He asked as I nodded hesitantly. To be honest, I will never be ready, I don't why but something's telling me that this is a good opportunity but on the other side, someone's telling me to be nervous, and me, being the stupid teenager, followed the gut to be nervous.

"Follow me," He said as I nodded and let out a shaky breathe as I bit my lower lip hard, but not too hard to make it bleed.

He went downstairs where the dance studios are as he faced me, a smile plastered on his lips. His face showed excitement and happiness, he looks more excited than me. Is it that good that's why he's acting this way?

His smile somehow eased up my nervousness, "Don't worry, Jaerin-ah. The boys don't bite,"

I nodded as I hanged my head low, nervousness devouring me slowly. His words slowly sank into me as my eyes widened, did he just said boys?

I shook my head and slapped my cheeks, "You're just nervous, Jae that you're hearing things." I convinced myself as I nodded and wet my upper chapped lip.

"Let's go inside," He said as he opened the door and I immediately heard loud, cheerful laughters and voices. They seem to be getting along well, and I hope I can be the same to them. I hope I feel belonged and don't feel like a third-wheeling idol, a trainee rather.

I peeked my head on Mr. Bang's shoulder and stood on my tippy-toes, I saw boys, six of them to be exact.

"Boys," Mr. Bang started as the boys froze in their line, eyes wide as they wait for their boss to continue, I peeked my head again and I saw a tall boy squinting his eyes on me as I quickly hid my body behind Mr. Bang's back.

"I'll introduce you your new member, Kim Jaerin." Mr. Bang said as he stepped behind me, showing me to the six boys who looked at me with their eyes wide open, I froze on my spot as an icy silence surrounded the room.

"I'm giving the seven of you to get to know each other, take care of her, alright?" Mr. Bang said as he tapped my shoulder as I stare at him as he exit the studio, leaving me with six boys who's looking at me, confusion in their eyes, they're my members. my. freaking. members.

"Jaerin?" A familiar voice broke the silence as I looked at the boy and my eyes widened,

No way..

"Taehyung Sunbaenim?" I asked as he smiled at me and waved his hand towards me as I gave him a small wave.

Someone cleared his throat as everyone placed their attention on him as his eyes widened and his cheeks flushed red, not used to the attention that everyone's giving him.

"So, why don't we sit in a circle and get to know each other just like what PD-Nim said?" He suggested as everyone nodded and sat as they form a circle.

I stood there, not moving an inch as I bit my lip, not knowing what to do as they stared at me and I hanged my head low.

"Sit here, Jaerin." I heard Taehyung Sunbaenim said and pat the space beside him as I nodded slowly, taking a seat beside him and now he's on my left and a boy with doe eyes and dark hair on my right as he avoided eye contact with me and I did the same.

"So, let's introduce ourselves, I'm going to start." A boy with tan skin, dimples, and dark hair said as we all nodded.

"My name is Kim Namjoon, and I'm 18 years old, I'm from Ilsan." He smiled as I clapped my hands silently and he seemed to notice it when he smiled at me as I gave him a small smile.

"My name is Min Yoongi, 19 years old and I've been training with Namjoon since 2010, and I'm from Daegu." A pale-looking boy with small eyes continued as I nodded, and pressed my lips into a thin line as I wait for someone to continue.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, I'm 20 and I'm the eldest, I'm from Gwacheon. Nice to meet you, Jaerin-ssi." He gave me a small bow as I did the same and gave him a small smile and he replied with a bright smile.

"My name is Jung Hoseok, and I'm turning 19 next month, and I'm from Gwangju!" A boy with braces and bangs that's nearly covering his eyes cheerfully said as my eyes widened by his energy as I heard Taehyung Sunbaenim laugh by my reaction, but his laughter died down when i looked at him as he smiled sheepishly.

"You probably know me, but, I'm Kim Taehyung from Daegu, and I'm 17 years old. It's nice to see you again, Jaerin!" He smiled brightly as my eyes sparkled from excitement when I saw his unique smile, his smile is box-shaped.

"Jeongguk-ah, it's your turn." Taehyung Sunbaenim said as the boy on my right bowed his head low as he chewed his inner cheeks.

He shifted from his seat as he silently cleared his throat, "I'm Jeon Jeongguk, I'm 15 years old, and I'm from Busan.." He quietly said as I looked at him and he looked at me, as well. The moment we made eye contact we both looked away and I saw the older boys laughing.

I waited for someone to speak but when I looked up, I saw them looking at me then I realized that it's my turn as my cheeks flushed red because of embarrassment.

"H-Hello," I started and bowed, "I'm Kim Jaerin, I'm 14 years old, and I'm also from Busan. It's nice to meet you," I said as I avoided eye contact, not knowing what to do if I met one of their eyes.

"You're younger than Jeongguk, looks like our Jeonggukie is not the youngest anymore!" Hoseok teased Jeongguk as he tried to tickle the boy on his side but he only whined and told his Hyung to stop.

After that, the room is surrounded by an icy silence again and as every second pass, it's becoming thicker and thicker as no one dared to break the suffocating silence.

Then, a sudden knock on the door was heard as we heard a man saying delivery from outside as I saw how their eyes sparkle from the sound of ramyeon.

Namjoon opened the door as he took the carton of food delivery and thanked the delivery guy.

"Seafood Ramyeon!!" Taehyung said as he immediately took a bowl and they started surrounding the ramyeon as if it's a lure bait, and they're the fishes in the ocean.

I sat still on my spot as I watch them eat, I badly want to eat but I can't, I'm allergic.

"Jaerin, come eat with us." Seokjin said as I looked at him and shook my head with a small smile.

"I'm not hungry," In perfect sync to my statement, my stomach growled, begging for food as my cheeks flushed red and my eyes widen and clutched my stomach as I gave them a forced smile.

Seokjin smiled, "Your stomach says different. Don't be shy, come eat with us." He said as Taehyung stood up and pulled my wrist closer to the bowl of steaming hot ramyeon.

Taehyung handed me a bowl and chopsticks but I shook my head and sent him a smile. He sighed and nodded as he placed the bowl down and continued eating.

"I'll just go to the comfort room.." I quietly said as they nodded, and I quickly left the room and went straight to the building cafeteria to buy myself some food.

Kim Taehyung

We all watch her leave the room as the boys started to bombard me with questions,

"You know her Taehyung?" Hoseok asked as I nodded and drank soup from the ramyeon.

"When did you met her?" Seokjin asked as I sighed, preparing for a long story, I wiped my lips with my sleeves as they all looked at me, waiting for me to speak and hear the story.

"Do you remember that day when someone gave me a water bottle with a note on it?" I asked,

I went inside the dance studio again with a smile as I read the messy handwriting,

Hi, Taehyung Sunbaenim!

I heard that's your name from a coach hehe.. I'm sorry for bumping into you and accidentally spilled you water... You tie shoelaces nicely :)) Hope we can meet again, Sunbaenim!!

A trainee,
Kim Jaerin:))

"What's that?" Donghyuk Hyung asked as he snatched the paper from my hand as I tried to snatch it from him but he held it high so that I can't reach it.

"Hyung!" I whined as he read it out loud with a girly voice,

"Hi Taehyung Sunbaenim!" I cringed at his voice as he continued reading the note as I sat down on the floor beside Jeongguk and pouted.

"Ooh, someone's got a little crush on our Taehyung!" Hyosang Hyung teased me as my pout deepen as I frowned, "Hyung! I thought you're on my side!"

Donghyuk Hyung handed me the note back as I kept it on my pocket carefully, not wanting to crumple nor tear it.

"Oh, she's that girl?" Namjoon asked as his mouth is agape, shocked by how small the world is.

"But we're not that close, the only thing that I did is tie her laces, and she gave me a water bottle because I accidentally dropped mine when we bumped into each other," I explained as they all nodded, everything coming together.

"But, the most important thing that happened today is, Jeongguk is not the maknae anymore!" Hoseok said as we teased the flustered and annoyed maknae.

"Did you notice when they made eye contact and they both looked away? Their cheeks are both red!" Seokjin teased as Jeongguk's cheeks became more red, maybe because of embarassment or because he's getting annoyed.

"H-Hyung! It's not like that.. I'm j-just shy." Jeongguk said as he pouted and we all laughed, it's always fun to tease Jeongguk.

The door opened again as we saw Jaerin holding holding three pieces or chocolate bar that can be bought in the building cafeteria, her eyes widened as she noticed that our attention is on her.

She quietly sat beside me as she offered me one of the chocolate bars that I gladly took as I opened it, eating it. A dessert is always good after having a nice meal.

"Do you.. want some?" She asked as the boys shook their heads, I saw Jeongguk gulping and I know he wants some and just too shy to ask.

"I think Jeongguk wants some," Namjoon beat me as Jaerin looked at the flustered boy beside her as she offered her the last piece of chocolate bar.

Jeongguk pressed his lips into a thin line as he shyly took he chocolate bar and opened it slowly as Hoseok Hyung laughed, seeing Jeongguk this way makes us laugh.

The door opened again as PD-Nim went inside the room and we all stood up and bowed as Jaerin followed our actions.

He smiled, "Seems like everyone is comfortable with each other, that's good."

We all nodded our heads and smiled, "I forgot to mention this earlier," He said as he signalled us all to sit down which we all obeyed.

"I know you guys are confused why there's a girl when you are a boy group," He said towards us, the boys, "And why I placed a girl in a boy group," He said as he looked at Jaerin who is listening well.

"Well, as you know, in the K-Pop industry, there are no groups that has a girl and a boy in it," He started as we all nodded, like kids listening to a teacher who's telling a fairy tale.

"So, we thought, why not start it. So, here we are, a girl in a boy-group, I want to make a unique group, and because each and everyone of you, here in this room, has their own characteristics, a unique one. You're going to debut successfully, there will be up and downs, but we can do it. Alright?" He said as we all nodded

"Oh, and another thing." We all looked at each other, confused because PD-Nim started smiling.

"Jaerin, pack your things because you're moving into the boys' dorm tomorrow." He calmly said as our eyes widened,

"SHE'LL WHAT?!"

"I WILL WHAT?!"

© staerryniights
  — kookarchives

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 514 31
No description needed. Read if you like hehe
61.9K 1K 13
BTS REACTIONS TO YOU BEING - SAD/PROTECTIVE/ANGRY/JEALOUS/CUTE/STUPID/FUSSY/ ETC ETC ⚠ ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY BECAUSE I'M GONNA UPDATE IT ⚠ ...
501K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently 💞 under some final...
4.8K 510 19
"It's been a while, Hoseok." Status: Completed Contains: -Fluff. -Violence.