Cliché || H.S.

By cherryxxo

Lilian O'Brien has learned three things since becoming one of Hollywood's hottest actresses: 1. Don't give pe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 41

14.6K 337 339
By cherryxxo

This week is one where I feel validated in my decision to hire an assistant. I only had eight days total, now only four, to pull together a party which realistically is no time at all. In order to compensate, Kelsey has been doing as much as she can while I'm on set and then she's been coming over once I'm done for the night so we can touch base and share ideas. I honestly don't think I'd be able to operate anymore without her.

I have just enough time to change into something comfortable before she walks into my house carrying bags of food for dinner. She begins pulling to-go boxes out and setting them onto the table. I settle into one of the chairs, sitting cross legged before grabbing my salad.

Kelsey takes a bite of her food before opening up her laptop to a checklist, "Okay so I went ahead and texted or called everyone on the guest list, so far I've gotten over seventy people who have said they'll be there and about half of those are bringing a plus one. I still haven't heard back from quite a few so I'm planning on about one hundred and fifty people give or take."

Considering the short notice, that's a way larger turn out than I anticipated. Although I'm not too surprised, I'm pretty positive that anyone would make time for Harry. I checked in with Jeff because I didn't want to interfere with Glenne's birthday, but to my luck they decided to go on a trip this year instead, which leaves the evening wide open. It also made figuring out logistics much easier, because as far as Harry knows we're still going to someone else's party.

"The venue situation has been a little more difficult considering most everything is booked out. Avalon was a hard no and Boulevard3 is booked but they said they'd call if there's a cancellation. I did swing by Marmont's today though and I know it wasn't on the list but I think it would be really cool. They usually don't close for private events but I did do some name dropping and said it might be good for their publicity so they said they'd call me in the morning with an answer, so keep your fingers crossed. I don't think there's anything else besides that that you don't already know," Kelsey concludes.

I can feel my anxiety spiking as I realize that there's still so much to be done in a short amount of time. I trust that Kelsey will be able to bring it all together but I also know that there's not a party without a venue. I guess the worst case we could have it here...

"Alright just let me know about Marmont's, I trust your judgment so if you say it's good then I believe it. I called Stevie on the drive home and she said she'd love to perform a few songs. I know that she's doing it because Harry is a good friend but since it's happening I think we should just go full send with the seventies theme." I don't really get star struck much but I still haven't recovered from talking to Stevie Nicks, and that was only on the phone.

"It's so crazy that you can just call up Stevie Nicks like that," Kelsey shakes her head in disbelief, "I mean I know you're famous but I see you so much that I just kind of forget. But like, you're dating Harry Styles! I'm planning a birthday party for Harry Styles! And you have Safia Perez just walking in here like it's just a random Tuesday afternoon. It feels surreal sometimes." Kelsey is good at keeping things professional, but right now she sounds so young to me. Sometimes I forget that she is young, and possibly way out of her element. I think that's why I like having her around, her normalcy and youth are refreshing.

"You should come to the party," I say simply, shoving a large bite in my mouth. Kelsey stares at me, her brown eyes wide. I have to stifle a laugh, nearly choking on my food. "Re- really? Are you sure?" She stutters.

"Of course, you planned most of it, you deserve to enjoy it. Besides, you've been such a help to me. How about you bring a date or a friend with? Just put your name with a plus one on the list when you finalize it." Kelsey gets up from her chair and wraps her arms around my shoulders from behind.

"You're the best boss ever! I promise this party will be amazing!" I let out a small laugh, patting her forearm that's crossed over my chest. She untangles herself from me before going back to her seat and furiously typing notes. Once I'm sure she's not paying attention to me I make a note to ask Annabelle to make Kelsey an outfit as well.

*****

Even in sleep I can feel a pair of eyes watching me, bringing me out of the dreamlike state I was in. A warm hand brushes a strand of hair off of my face and tucks it behind my ear. I take a second to enjoy the feeling of the hand traveling down my arm and settling on my hip before fluttering my eyes open. Green eyes are looking into mine in an instant, a sleepy look in them.

"Happy birthday," I say, my voice raspy. I place my right hand on Harry's face and he grabs my wrist to hold it there. His head rests on his pillow, and he looks completely at ease. Brushing my thumb over his strong cheekbone, I lean forward and press a quick kiss to his jawline, "You're an old man now. Twenty nine, holy shit."

"Way to ruin the moment," He groans, wrapping his arms around me and flipping me onto my back. Hovering over me, he begins pressing feathery kisses across my bare collar bones. I can't help the giggles that escape from my lips as I squirm underneath him.

"Stop, that tickles!"

Harry pulls his mouth away, looking down at my face, "Stay in bed with me all day," he requests before pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth.

"You know that I want to," I tell him sincerely, running one hand through his dark waves, "I requested the day off work but we're already behind schedule so they told me no. But I'll see you tonight, I promise." Half of that is true, I did request the day off work and I got half of the day off, but the other half of the day will be spent making sure everything is in order for tonight.

"It's okay, I get it," Harry says, a smile on his face that doesn't quite reach his eyes. I feel somewhat guilty but I'm hoping that tonight will make up for it. I find Harry's hand that's underneath the covers and intertwine our fingers, rubbing my thumb back and forth over the back of his hand.

"I'm sorry bub... but if it makes you feel better breakfast will be here in an hour. I would've cooked for you but I thought you'd still be sleeping by the time I had to leave for work so I arranged for something to be delivered."

Harry brings our clasped hands above the covers and presses a kiss to the back of my hand, "Thank you. That was very thoughtful."

"But if you're already up that means that I have time to give you one of your birthday gifts," I look up from our connected hands into his eyes. Harry looks at me with a look of confusion, and I have to stifle a laugh at his innocence.

"Oh babe, you didn't have to get me anything," Harry says before getting a boyish look on his face, "but if you already did can you tell me what it is."

"Well," I start, "we have a whole hour and I'm already naked." I peel down the blanket covering me to show off the top part of my body. Harry shamelessly stares at my naked chest, his mouth agape.

"Oh," Harry mutters before looking back at my face, a devilish grin now plastered on his face, "I definitely think I can work with that."

I finished up on set by lunch and after that it was a scramble to get everything done. Luckily Kelsey had most everything under control, so all I really had to do was sign the check and head back to my house to get ready. Kelsey cried when she found out I had gotten her something to wear, and she cried even harder when she found out my hair and makeup team would be helping her get ready too. I'm not sure what it is about this girl, but she's really growing on me.

She left about an hour before me and now I'm faced with getting the birthday boy there. As I sit outside his house in the car, I nervously fidget with my custom dress, worried that he either won't like the surprise or that it's not a surprise at all. As I fiddle with one of the thin straps that crosses over my bare back, I'm startled by the sound of the door opening next to me.

Harry climbs in, either ignoring the start he gave me or never having noticed it at all. His loose button up is only buttoned part of the way exposing all of his tattoos and I so badly want to reach out to touch them, but I know if I do that we might not make it to the party at all.

His eyes do a scan of yet another Cher replica that covers my body before his eyes bore into mine, "You look beautiful," he compliments, kissing me softly. "Not so bad yourself, birthday boy," I returned.

The driver begins heading towards Marmont's and Harry double checks the sleeve of his floral patterned shirt. "I'm a little surprised Glenne chose the seventies for a theme. I always took her as more of an eighties kind of gal," Harry comments, moving his arm to rest lazily behind the head of my seat.

I feel the color drain from my face, worried that I'm not good enough at lying for this. You're literally a famous actress Lilian. Pull it together. "Yeah I'm a bit surprised too. But I'm not complaining, this is way better. Don't you think?" I say the words strongly, but in reality I'm testing the waters. It would be a little late to change the whole theme now but I'm so anxious that I could really use some reassurance.

When Harry agrees, my entire body relaxes for the first time all afternoon. We chat casually the rest of the way there and when we get to the reserved club I'm surprised to see flashing cameras surrounding the entrance, photographing anyone who walks through the doors. I'm worried that it will give away the surprise, but Harry seems unphased as he grabs my hand and helps me out of the car.

My stomach is in knots as the bouncer opens the doors for us and Harry leads us through. A soft blue hue lights the club and a rock song I'm somewhat familiar with plays all around us. We barely get through the doors before Harry abruptly stops, his eyes scanning until they reach the large screen in the corner.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!" It reads. Harry stands completely still, his mouth slack as his eyes scan the crowd. Finally, his face turns to where I stand at his side, my palm resting on his back. "Did you do this?" He asks warily, eyes searching mine.

"Surprise!" I cheer, a slight smile creeping onto my face, "Do you like it?" I'm assuming he's just shocked, but I'm still about to break a sweat with his expression so unreadable. After a short moment, Harry's face softens as his eyes do a once over of the room once more, people catching on to the fact that the birthday boy is finally here.

"You did this for me?" Harry asks again, his voice cracking slightly. I nod my head, my smile growing. Harry's large hands grab either side of my face, a large grin on his lips, "I love you so much," he confesses before crashing his lips to mine in a quick kiss. Before he pulls back I notice the flash of a camera, but I can't even be bothered to care. Harry Styles just told me that he loved me, and not in an interview or in the midst of a breakup. He still loves me.

I don't even have time to tell him that I love him too before he's surrounded by people, being whisked off into the crowd. I stand in the same spot for a moment in disbelief, my head feeling light. There was a time where if a guy told me he loved me I would have felt like I was incapacitated with fear, but right now I feel like I'm on top of the world. Sometimes I'm still unable to comprehend that that wonderful man chose me.

A couple hours later Harry is officially drunk. He usually has three tells, and right now I'm witnessing all three simultaneously; a thicker accent than usual, a drier sense of humor, and always needing to have a hand on me at all times. His body sways slightly as he keeps a solid hand on my back, deep in conversation with a friend I've never met before. The way Harry slurs his words slightly makes me wonder if he'll even remember this. The friend in question doesn't seem to be faring much better.

Safia sneaks up behind us, throwing her arms around both of our shoulders. Harry stumbles backwards but stays upright, and once he's on solid feet again he looks at me with an excited smile on his face. "That was a close one," he points at me, his dimple deep in his cheek.

"Lilian and birthday baby over here need to take a shot with me!" Safia shouts over the music. I shake my head back and forth but Harry turns towards her quicker than I've ever seen him move.

"See I knew I liked you," Harry says to Safia, "Lily isn't even drunk, I find it incredibly rude." Safia waves her hand in front of my face, a similar glazed over look to Harry's in her eyes. I stare at her in confusion, not sure what she's trying to gain from this.

She grips Harry's biceps and gasps, "You're right! She's not drunk! Lilian, why are you not drunk? It's a celebration!" She releases Harry and comes over to me, draping her thin arm over my shoulders. Safia is always a touchy drunk and it's really showing right now.

"Okay, don't act like I'm prude all of a sudden, I have been drinking," I start, "But I'm not plastered because I'm taking care of this guy," I nod my head towards Harry who's poking someone and turning around before the guy checks over his shoulder. He repeats the motion with every person who walks by him.

"I don't need to be taken care of. I am perfectly capable, thank you very much," Harry remarks. I know that he is capable, but I really just want to make sure that he's okay and having a good time. Besides, I've never seen him drink this much before and I feel better knowing that I can keep an eye out for him.

"If you're so capable I want you to walk up those stairs without holding on to me," I challenge. Harry turns to the stairs, looking up the length of them. He looks back to me, a sheepish look on his face.

"You see love," he slurs, "I just don't feel like doing that at the moment. But I could if I wanted to." I look at him in disbelief and he flashes me his award winning smile before giving me a swift kiss.

I hear a gagging noise from beside us and pull away to see Safia pretending to throw up. "You guys are repulsive. Lilian entering the dating scene is bad enough, PDA is just too far. Less kissing, more shots!"

I run my hands through Harry's hair absentmindedly as he lays with his head in my lap, eyes closed, on the dive back to his house. After seeing Safia he didn't last much longer before I decided it was probably time to get back home. I expected a fight but he surprised me by going willingly, probably ready to pass out like he is now.

"Babe, we're here," I shake Harry slightly. He groans before sitting upright, following me lazily out of the car and up to his front door. I enter the code and lead him straight upstairs in silence. Once we get into his room I grab some clothes to change into when Harry comes over to me.

"I think I might need to throw up," he announces. He looks like a little kid in front of me, like how Harper needs to wake someone up to let them know she might be sick instead of just going to the bathroom.

"You don't need my permission," I chuckle, turning back to the wooden dresser, "if you're going to be sick you know where the bathroom is."

Harry's arms wrap around my shoulders from behind and he rests his chin in the crook of my neck. I'm not sure if he's doing it intentionally or if it's a result of the alcohol, but we sway side to side slightly. "Come keep me company," Harry says quietly, and I can feel the vibrations of his voice against my shoulder. Normally this would start a fire in me, but given the context it makes me laugh.

"Sounds romantic. Let me get out of this dress and I'll be right there." This seems to satisfy him as he lets go of me and wanders into the attached bathroom. I quickly climb out of the floor length dress and throw on one of Harry's old tshirts over my underwear. I throw my hair up into a messy bun before walking into the brightly lit bathroom.

"I lied, I don't think I have to throw up," Harry states from his spot on the bathroom floor. He sits with his back against the wall and his legs extended in front of him, the toilet seat up. I decide to match his position, resting my back against the cabinets so I don't have to turn my head to see his face.

"Did you have fun tonight?" I ask him, pulling my legs up to my chest.

"Mmhmm," he nods his head, "you're the best. Thank you." I feel the corners of my mouth quirk up, glad that he had a good time. It seemed like he did, but the reassurance is still nice. I sit in silence for a long moment, watching Harry watch me.

"You're so pretty, Lil," Harry finally speaks up. I feel a blush spread across my cheeks, knowing it must be obvious to him. I rest my head on my knees and continue looking at him, a soft smile touching my lips. "You're pretty cute too," I return.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Harry."

If Harry's cheeks weren't already flushed from the alcohol I think he'd be blushing. He gets the same goofy look he always gets when I compliment him, his dimple becoming prominent and his eyes slightly wider.

"You know what?" He asks me, but he doesn't allow me time to answer before he answers for me, "One day we're gonna get married and you're going to be stuck with me forever. And we're gonna have little kids running around that look just like us. I can feel it."

__________

A/N: Happy 10 years of One Direction! I know it was technically yesterday but I was too busy having a mental breakdown about it to upload another chapter... oops. But here it is now!! I hope you enjoyed bby boy's birthday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 316 116
There is mature content in this book. Read at own risk. Harry Styles from One Direction is tired of being single. By chance, he stumbles upon a video...
2.7K 1K 17
There was a lady named Mari Stone but when she was little she was in a car accident when she was about 5 years old. And because of the accident she h...
57K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...