NINJA

By ezentachichi

Cleo was just your average teenager..at least she thought she was until she discovered she was the only heir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 24

24 2 0
By ezentachichi

Cleo's eyes snapped open. She found herself on a bed covered with bandages. She didn't get the stench of antiseptic so she wasn't in the hospital. Instead of white walls and dull curtains, the walls were painted a comforting blue color and the curtains were cream with tulip patterns on it. She looked to her side. On the dresser was a heater. She wasn't sure what to do. Was she kidnapped? Should she scream or try to escape? Or just enjoy the comfort the room made her feel? It had homely and warm feel making her racing heart relax. She tried getting up but winced, falling back on the bed that was very comfy.

She heard the door swing open. She snapped her head to the door and sighed in relief as Jordan's familiar face came into view, a smug smile on his face.

"You're awake. Finally" he said, relieved.

Cleo raised a brow"Finally?"

He walked in closing the door and taking a seat on her bed. He nodded

"You've been in and out of consciousness these few days"

"How long have I been out?"

"A week"

"A week is not so long. I've been out longer" she smiled

Jordan frowned
"This isn't funny Cleo. I told you to stay put"

"I know I know. I'm sorry" she apologized

Jordan sighed "It's okay. I was just  worried about you."

Cleo's face grew warm instantly.
How does he do that?!

She coughed awkwardly

"Where am I? This isn't your house"

"It is my house. My own house."

Of course he owned his own house, despite just being a seventeen year old highschool student. Cleo wasn't even surprised. Perks of being a rich kid.

"I'm guessing your dad doesn't know about this"

He shrugged "There are a lot of things my dad doesn't know about" She noticed how his expression changed from relieved to angry. Maybe he and his dad had problems. She felt him clutch her blanket so tightly his veins bulged. She placed her hand on his knuckles. He flinched a bit at how cold her hands were but began to relax releasing the blanket.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"Cleo asked. Jordan didn't reply. He just stared at her and smiled.

"You remind me of my mom"he said after a while

"Really?"

Jordan nodded, that smile still on his face

"Yeah. I wish you could meet her. She would have liked you"

She stared at him, confused. Jordan was quiet again before he continued.

"My dad was happier then. We were all happy. We would do everything together. Play together, watch movies together," He laughed
"It was perfect. But mom passed away. She died of leukemia." His lips started quivering.
"Dad tried everything he could to save her. He brought the best doctors but they just couldn't save her. After she died, dad didn't eat for two weeks. He went to her grave everyday and he still does. Mom's death-" tears rolled down his cheeks. He didn't want to feel like this. He didn't want to be scared, alone and vulnerable. He'd locked up this side of him the moment his dad changed. His mom was literally everything to them. He felt himself being pulled into a warm embrace. Slender hands stroking his hair and rubbing soothing circles on his back. He had so much hurt locked inside himself for so long the shield he built around himself had completely crumbled as those slender arms comforted him. He held Cleo tight.

"I miss her so much"

"I'm sorry Jordan. I'm so sorry" she whispered

This was the boy who killed a jounin. An expert assassin without blinking an eye. That same ruthless boy was the one hopelessly crying on an injured girl.

He snuffled Cleo's scent engulfing him
"You smell like her too" he said hugging her more. Cleo smiled.

"Hey. It's okay. I'm here for you." Cleo said comforting the crying boy. He laughed

"I'm really weird."

Cleo raised a brow "Weird?"

"I'm your sworn enemy. Our families have had long lasting vendetta for centuries and here I am crying on my arch nemesis after narrating my sad childhood"

Cleo couldn't help but laugh.
"How ironic"

Jordan let out a satisfied sigh
"You're so warm Cleo. I don't feel like letting you go. Ever"

"I never knew you were this clingy" Cleo teased.

He chuckled "I'm not. It's just because it's you Cleo"

Cleo smiled softly. Her heart was doing somersaults in her chest.

"So that's why Takashi wants the sword so bad"

Jordan nodded
"He's still trying to bring her back. He wants us to be happy again"

She hummed
"My grandpa said it's a life for a life. Bringing back your mom means someone losing their life. Worst case scenario would be someone close to you"

"Like you."

"What?"

He stopped hugging her, missing the warmth already
"My mom wouldn't want that. She would want us to be happy and" he suddenly felt awkward as Cleo stared at him, her doe brown eyes wide. "I won't want to lose you..as a friend" he added quickly as his face turned beet red. Cleo smiled at how flustered the boy was. For a moment Jordan literally felt his heart stop. He laughed awkwardly, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"I won't want to lose you either..as a friend"

"That's great" he said smiling. He hadn't smiled like this since..well since the previous incidents. He felt so happy.

Cleo yawned, extremely tired. Her eyelids becoming heavy.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked

She nodded.

"Okay. I'll leave now"

He walked out of the room smiling.  He felt so embarrassed letting Cleo see him so fragile and weak. Then again, he completely trusted her. He didn't even know why. Maybe it's because she reminds him so much of his mom. Or the fact that she makes him feel safe. He was totally dependent on Cleo now and he didn't care. He liked her too much to care if he was a pouting child near her. Speaking of near, he went back into her room. Cleo had already slept. She looked so pretty in her sleep. She shivered, pulling the blanket closer but she still shivered. She needed more warmth. A grin stretched across his face. Who needs an extra blanket when you have extra body heat? He slipped into the bed pulling the shivering girl into his chest. She sighed satisfied shifting closer to the warm body. The boy smiled too wrapping his arms protectively around her. He closed his eyes to sleep as well.

                       ****

Anida looked out the window, the rain pattering against it. She sighed. Cleo was safe. She hoped. Cleo was in a very bad state. She sustained severe injuries from a jounin while they were still chuunins and caught her, probably ripping wider her internal wounds, coupled with her lack of food or fluids and her previous near death episode. She just hoped her best friend was fine. Honestly, it was a wonder Cleo hadn't died yet.

She heard footsteps approaching and turned her head towards the blond boy who slid in the chair next to her. He placed a sandwich in front of her. She pushed it away

"I'm not hungry"

Chris sighed "Come on, Anida. Have something."

She shook her head "I lost my appetite"

He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder"She'll be fine"

Anida nodded. Chris looked out the window as well. The gloomy sky reflected their gloomy mood. Chris wasn't so happy when Jordan whisked an unconscious Cleo away. She was bleeding everywhere. She looked pale and lifeless. He wanted to help her but he was barely standing. It was Anida who helped him all the way home.

Their teacher sustained the most injuries during the battle, seeing as Yoshi had severed his hind limbs permanently. He was basically hanging on the thin thread between life and death. Chris hoped their master made it. For Cleo's sake, she's suffered enough already.

And Yoshi? The very mention of his name made Chris's blood boil. He gritted his teeth, clenching his fists. He will pay for everything he'd done to them. Every single thing.

                           ****

Yoshi hissed as he poured a foul concoction on his shoulder. He had managed to stop the poison from reaching his heart. Now he was expelling the last of the poison from his body. It would take time to heal. He cursed in Japanese. That stupid girl dare hurt him. A wicked grin appeared on his scarred face. At least there was a positive outcome. His pathetic brother was hanging on a balance between life and death so it was safe to assume he's out of his way. Those children would be meddlesome but they are barely chuunins so that won't be much of a problem.

Now to the problem at hand. Takashi still had the medallions but he's in an emotional state after seeing his son save his arch nemesis's granddaughter. He sighed. Despite Takashi's cold exterior he was a sentimental wreck. He can only imagine what was going on inside him. Oh well. That doesn't concern him. Soon very soon the sword will be in his grasp and he'll enslave this world after of course killing everyone that matters to those meddlesome kids and then killing them as well.

He rubbed his hands together. He can't just wait for that glorious day to arrive. For now, he'll wait and watch.

A/N

Stages of a ninja
Genin - beginner
Chuunin - average
Jounin - expert

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 10.8K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
35.8K 852 90
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...