Portgas D. Ace x Reader

By AAAA0004

Y/n is a 16 years old girl with a smile that almost never leaves her face. One day, she and her dad moved to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 18

590 23 4
By AAAA0004

Ace's POV

Sabo and koala were talking about what they will do tomorrow, and what are they gonna do in the Christmas break. I really wish if that was like me and y/n. We are friends, but I want to be more than that, like I want her to be my girlfriend.

I don't envy sabo for being in a relationship, in fact, I'm happy for him. It's just that he had the guts to confess but I don't. But why am I acting that way toward y/n? Me and her are quite close, we talk a lot, we know a lot about each other. It just feel like she doesn't fully trust me, even though I trusted her with everything. I've also confessed to my past crushes without worrying much, so why is it different with y/n?

I then glanced at y/n. She looked like she was sad, so I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Y/n, are you alright? You seem pretty distracted" I didn't want to tell her that she looked sad, because maybe she doesn't want to talk about it.

"Don't worry, I just zoned out" I wasn't convinced, but I didn't want to argue with her.

After fifteen minutes have passed, I was running out of patience. Suddenly, there was a sound of something moving between the bushes. sabo and koala didn't hear it because they were busy talking, but y/n seemed to hear it too. She looked at where the sound came from for a couple of seconds, then started shaking as if she saw a monster.

Right after that, she collapsed on her knees, hugging herself.

" y/n! Are you alright!" All of us shouted, but she didn't answer. She was so traumatized that she couldn't even look at us. I kneeled down to take a look at her face. She looked horrified, with wide eyes and tears falling from them. She looks just like me when I get a flashback about a bad event from my past. Without thinking, I hugged her, hoping that it would get her feel better. She sobbed for about five minutes and passed out.

"What happened?" Koala asked worriedly.

"She got a flashback about something bad after she stared at that bush for a while. It was moving, but I wasn't able to see anything. Maybe y/n saw something that made her get scared." I said, glancing at her.

" but how do you know that this happened to her? And when was there something moving? for now, let's take her to a doctor. Maybe something else happened" sabo then walked to his car. Koala went behind him. But, was it something else? Or was i right? We went to the doctor and he checked if something else happened.

" Its pretty clear that she has been through something bad and she got a flashback. But this time, she most probably saw something that reminded her of the trauma, and her brain's only way to stop all of the emotional pain is to black out. Does your friend have PTSD?" He asked.

" I don't know, but she gets nightmares." I said. She always tried to help me, and when I got a flashback last time and did self harm, she was there to stop and help me. Now I should help her too. She needs my help.Koala looked surprised, but sabo looked down.

"She told me that she has been having nightmares for so long, but she never asked for help, because she didn't want to grab attention." Sabo's look on his face was full of guilt after he said that.

"But why? Why didn't she tell us earlier? I mean, y/n never shows us that she's I get that she sometimes has some mood swings, but we all do, so I never thought of it as something! She's always stood by our side every time Any of us needed help. I should've noticed that earlier and tried to help her out. I'm such a bad friend" koala started crying.

She looked at y/n.

" y/n, I'm sorry that I didn't notice how much pain you're going through. I know that I'm a bad friend-" the doctor cut her off.

"No you're not a bad friend. None of you are. Y/n seemed like she just didn't want to cause attention, or to make anyone worried. She rather keeping her problems to herself, but now, she reached a point where she can't anymore. But she was also wrong, she should've asked for help before. I can clearly see that she's a good friend, so you also have to try to help her. You just mentioned that she always helped all of you, so don't blame yourself for anything."

"Why do good people have to suffer the most?" I asked. Suddenly, y/n's phone started ringing. I went and checked the caller's ID. It was Alex. I was jealous, but I've put it aside and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said and put it on speaker. He was talking while I said hello.

"I'm so sorry for not calling you for a couple of weeks, I was- wait, you're not  y/n." I rolled my eyes. For fuck's sake, I definitely don't sound like y/n.

"Yeah because I'm not. I'm Ace, y/n's friend" everyone was staring at me, while the doctor left.

"Ace.... you're one of y/n's closest friends there, right?" But I thought that I was the closest! I pouted.

" yeah"

"alright, nice to talk to you. I'm Alex, y/n's boyfriend" wait, what? I thought that they broke up!

Sabo and koala were confused as much as how I was, but kept quiet.

"I thought that you two broke up" he sighed.

"Yeah we did, because y/n's father 'found a new job' or else we wouldn't have had left each other. So that doesn't make me her ex" wha-? Is he dumb? But that's really a very rude way to talk about your girlfriend or friend's father!

"Anyways, it's nice to talk to you but, can you give the phone to y/n, because I want to talk to her." My blood started boiling.

"Well, y/n is unconscious at the moment. She was very scared so her mind wasn't able to bear all those emotions, so she passed out." I felt like hanging up, but I couldn't.

"That's quite bad, but since when did she start having those flashbacks?" Huh? So he doesn't know about it?

"Didn't you know about it?"

"No? I mean, she didn't tell me anything about it, so how am I supposed to know? I can't read minds, you know" how could he even call himself her boyfriend and never noticed something like that? I've noticed her eye bags from the second time, not the first because it was dark, so I didn't notice them.

"Didn't you notice her eye bags, or her tearing eyes?"

"Listen, y/n didn't tell me anything and I don't have to ask her about it. If she doesn't talk about it, then why do I even have to ask? Anyways, I'm tired of talking to you. When she wakes up, tell her that I wish her to get better, and that we will see her when she comes to visit us." That asshole. I can't believe that he just said that! If I were him, I would rush to meet her. And saying that he's tired of talking to me? He definitely knows how to provoke other people. I opened my mouth to speak, but he hanged up.

" he's so rude. I don't like him" koala said.

"Yeah" sabo agreed with her.

" I mean, how could he call himself her boyfriend yet they broke up?? And why did he seem quite careless about her passing out? Is he really the guy who was y/n's boyfriend, The sweetest person on earth? I can't believe this!" Both of them agreed with me.

Y/n's POV

Everything around me is black. Where am I? I looked around, but saw nothing. Did I become blind? Damn, this is so annoying. I couldn't hear anything either. What does that supposed to mean?? How did I become blind and deaf at the same time?

Suddenly I saw myself beside the bicycle's shop that was near my old house. Good that I'm not blind. I started to walk, till I reached my old house. The guy was holding my mom's hand, and my mom's death scene replayed in like slow motion. It hurts even more to see how the guy stabbed my mom.

I screamed,  my eyes shot open and I sat up. Ace, luffy, sabo, and koala were sitting around me. I was breathing heavily and sweating.

" y/n, are you alright?" Ace asked. I waited till I started breathing steadily, then I answered him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." It was so weird, even though I had a nightmare, I didn't feel very tired as usual. I smiled at him and the rest.

" I'm fine, I promise. Sorry to make you guys feel worried." Koala started crying

" I'm so sorry for not noticing that earlier! I really didn't know that you were having nightmares! I'm sorry! I'm sorry"

" it's fine, really. I don't want any of you to worry about me. I'm strong and can handle myself alone, so you don't have to be sorry."

Luffy was crying, but after he saw me, he looked scared, and he got up from his seat, pointed at me and walked backwards.

"How did you get up? You were dead, how did you come alive?" I was confused. Ace and sabo facepalmed.

"What? Nooo! I'm still alive!"

" but Ace said that you passed away! Well, only koala was crying, but you didn't even move! You didn't have to scare me like that! Halloween is over!!" I started laughing

Ace's eyes were hidden underneath his bangs, cracked his knuckles and hit luffy.

"LUFFY YOU IDIOT! THAT'S NOT WHAT I TOLD YOU! I SAID THAT Y/N PASSED OUT, AND NOT PASSED AWAY!"

" OWWW! ACE! NEXT TIME BE MORE CLEAR! I THOUGHT THT Y/N DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR HORRIBLE EXPLANATION!" The brothers started fighting till sabo then stopped them while koala and I were dying of laughter. Koala was more of laughing and crying at the same time. Then luffy sat back in his place.

" by the way, what did you see in the bush that made you get scared like that?" Ace asked, which made me remember that guy, and got a headache.

"I saw a guy behind the tall bushes, and he started to run while looking at me. The look in his eyes was just like the look the guy who killed my mom had. He even smiled like him."

" I'm sorry." Ace said.

"It's fine, really. I'm alright now." The doctor came into the room.

" finally, you're awake. Honestly, you were awake even earlier than what I've expected. Anyways, I'll give you sleeping pills for your ptsd insomnia, you can get them from the pharmacy. Something else, you can leave now" He then turned to leave.

"Thanks doctor" I said, which made him turn around and smile at me.

"You don't have to thank me, It's my job." And then he left. I wish that there are more doctors like him. I then got up and all of us left the hospital.

" isn't your father worried?" Ace asked.

"He's not gonna come home today, because he has work to do."

" then you can stay with us! Koala is gonna stay at our place too!" I smirked and turned to koala. She blushed.

"Really? Alright, I'll just tell dad." Then I called him and told him that I'll be staying at the brothers' house.

~

"Koala! I want to see what you bought!" Sabo said.

" stop acting like a baby and wait till tomorrow!" Koala was angry. Sabo has been begging koala to see the dress she bought the whole ride. We got into their home and saw Dadan.

" hi y/n and.." she looked at koala.

" I'm koala. Sabo, is that your mom?" He sweatdropped, And looked at us, hoping one of us help him. Lucky for him, luffy spoke up

" did you cook dinner?" Luffy asked.

"No, but it's almost done. Did you bring the meat that I asked you to?"

"No? When did you even ask me?"

luffy started shouting and Dadan shouted back at him, but he said that he was hungry so he went back home, grilled them and ate them.

" I honestly thought that he ate them raw" Ace said. Ew. That's gross. How can anyone eat raw meat? Well Luffy eats anything so I wouldn't be surprised

"Your mom is nice" she said. Sabo looked nervous.

"Yeah, I mean, she has to deal with luffy every day, she has a lot of patience" I tried my best to avoid awkward moments. But why didn't sabo tell her about his parents and the rest?

We ate and went to sleep. Ace kicked sabo outside his room and told me that I can sleep on his bed instead, and luffy was very happy. Sabo and koala slept outside, and surprisingly without arguing. Sabo's bed was between ace and luffy's beds. I didn't have pjs, so ace gave me a hoodie and sweatpants to to wear. The best thing about them is that they are his.

Right after I sat on the bed, I got hit by a pillow. I looked at my side and saw luffy laughing, so I threw it back at him. It hit his face, so he took it and threw it again at me. We threw the pillows at each other till it hit ace, so he joined us. After about an hour, Dadan came in and shouted at us, so we went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 684 30
A quiet, stoic girl and a quiet, shy boy meet, what will happen? --------------------------------------- (Y/N) (L/N) was never really that popular in...
756K 37K 98
𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂: In which a heavy one piece fan, ends up in the world they adored so much. What kind of ways will they contribute to the story? Find out! īšŒīšŒ...
28.7K 948 22
REWRITING / PUT ON HOLD . || đĸ𝐭'đŦ đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 đĻ𝐲 đđžđ¯đĸđĨ 𝐟đĢ𝐮đĸ𝐭, đĸđŦ𝐧'𝐭 đĸ𝐭? â¸ē on a sandy seafront, a naive girl dies and a beautiful...
315 2 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...