A Frog's Tale [Tsu x Male Her...

By ajhcraft

Alex just barely made it through the entrance exam, and is struggling to keep up with the rest of the class... More

Prologue: Entrance Exam
Chapter 1: Quirk Apprehension Test
Chapter 2: Battle Trial
Chapter 3: Picnic
Chapter 4: Awakening
Chapter 5: Confession
Chapter 6: Unwind
Chapter 7: Date
Chapter 8: Sports Festival, Begin!
Chapter 9: Sports Festival, Mid-Game!
Chapter 10: Sports Festival, Battle!
Chapter 11: Consequences
Chapter 12: Nomination
Chapter 13: Meditation
Chapter 14: Kinzokuma
Chapter 15: Beach
Chapter 16: Volleyball
Chapter 17: Final Exam
Chapter 18: Dragon
Chapter 19: Vanguard Action Squad
Chapter 20: Amaraito
Chapter 21: All For One
Chapter 22: Dorms
Chapter 23: Encounter
Chapter 24: Alpha
Chapter 25: Movie Night
Chapter 26: Provisional License Exam
Chapter 27: The Big Three
Chapter 28: Lurkers
Chapter 29: Kirakiri
Chapter 30: Breakout
Chapter 31: Bones
Chapter 32: Surprise
Chapter 33: Dinner
Chapter 34: Kiss
Chapter 35: Sinister Six
Chapter 36: Death
Chapter 37: Operation A
Chapter 38: Hakone
Chapter 39: Festival
Chapter 40: Operation B
Chapter 41: U.A. Vs Amaraito
Chapter 42: U.A. Vs Kinzokuma
Chapter 43: U.A. Vs Kirakiri
Chapter 44: U.A. Vs Bone Collector
Chapter 45: Shell
Chapter 46: Copy
Chapter 47: Proposition
Chapter 48: Resolve
Chapter 49: Villains
Chapter 50: Operation C
Chapter 51: Training
Chapter 52: Nuke
Chapter 53: Fear
Chapter 54: Sacrifice
Chapter 55: Reconciliation
Chapter 56: Shinsou
Chapter 58: Coffee
Chapter 59: Helios
Chapter 60: Search
Chapter 61: Game
Chapter 62: Sairokaku
Chapter 63: I Forgive You
Chapter 64: Law
Chapter 65: The Underdogs
Chapter 66: Gigantomachia
Chapter 67: Stalking
Chapter 68: Storm
Chapter 69: Nice
Chapter 70: Hierophant
Chapter 71: Invitation
Chapter 72: Briefing

Chapter 57: Insomnia

165 4 100
By ajhcraft

I pretty much spent the rest of my evening texting a few friends after going to bed, as I always used to before starting my hero training. Of course, those " friends " that I texted back then were just a few people on social media.

I didn't exactly have friends back then. However, although they weren't all with me in person, I had plenty of friends! I actually spent a while texting Mina, told her about the suspension on my relationship with Tsu, to which she was disappointed.

She tried to offer me romance advice, but I already knew the best choice was to just leave her be, so I just politely went along and listened to some of her ideas. Most of them... Were not Tsu's style whatsoever.

After it turned midnight, everyone I was texting went to sleep, so I decided I would at least try too. I wasn't really that tired, but since I'd been staring at a screen in a dark room for a few hours, my eyes were sore enough to trick myself into going to sleep.

Eventually I drifted off, but sometime later had a nightmare. Some horrible dream where I was shunned by everyone I cared about, and dragged down into the ground by skeletal hands. My dreams always had something to do with someone dying... It was usually me.

I woke up struggling to breathe for a moment, before realizing it was just a bad dream and I wasn't actually suffocating underground. I decided to get up and go downstairs to the kitchen to make myself some tea to calm my nerves.

Already fairly accustomed to the layout of the mansion, I didn't bother with switching any lights on. I didn't want to somehow wake up another resident, so made my way down by memory and shadows that indicated there was a wall in front of me.

I made my way to the kitchen, and there were a few dim lights in there from appliances. It was quiet, and there were vague shapes in the room that I didn't register as I switched on the light.

Mr Aizawa groaned and shielded his eyes, causing me to jump and gasp. Recovering from the shock, I noticed it wasn't just him, but six others were there with him! As well as Mr Aizawa, there was Misaki, Shinsou, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Jirou, and Tokoyami.

" I've had enough of cults this week to deal with this crap. " I said sleepily as Jirou chuckled.

" It's not a cult, we just can't sleep sometimes, so meet up here and chat. "

Kaminari excitedly dubbed them, " We're the Insomniac Hours! "

Shinsou glanced at him and said, " No one agreed to that. You suggested it. No one liked it. "

Rubbing my eyes, I replied, " None of you were even talking, I thought I was about to get stabbed. "

I made my way over the top kettle and put some water in, before switching it on and getting the teabag and cup ready, along with a spoon.

" So what's up with you lot? Why can't ya sleep? " I asked to make conversation.

" Sleep? What's that? " Jirou asked, to which Shinsou and Mr Aizawa chuckled a little almost in unison.

" I just got home from a shift at the hospital, so I like to say hi to everyone and chat a little before bed. " Misaki said.

" Revelry in- "

" The darkness, got it... " I finished for Tokoyami.

" As lovely as it is to have everyone here, the circumstances and... The actions... Are really quite stressful. " Yaoyorozu admitted, having restless nights for a while now.

" I got up to pee one night and heard them talking so I thought I'd vibe with them. " Kaminari said.

" He literally sets an alarm to wake up and talk to us now, we can't seem to get rid of him. " Shinsou informed me.

" Be nice, Hitoshi. " Misaki said.

" What, you want me to lie about him? "

" No, it's just not nice to say something like that about someone in front of them. "

Kaminari laughed and put an arm around Shinsou and Jirou, " Aw come on, you guys love me being here really, right? "

Shinsou gave Kaminari's appendage a disgusting stare and asked, " Have you been sniffing glue again? "

" What does he mean, again, Denki? " Jirou asked.

" I'd recommend you don't answer that one, you'll get a jab in the ribs, trust me, I speak from experience. " I suggested.

Jirou then jabbed me in the ribs. " Is this how all women are going to treat me now? "

Yaoyorozu and Misaki then playfully poked me and I swatted their fingers away, " It's getting weird now... "

" No, it got weird about thirty minutes ago. " Mr Aizawa regretfully told me.

" Wait, what is the time? " I then looked at my phone and saw that it was 4:30 in the morning. " 4:30?! "

I sighed and heard the click of the kettle finishing, so I poured some water into my cup which already had a berry flavoured teabag inside it, immediately flowing red into the water.

" It's not looking good out there for the heroes. " Mr Aizawa suddenly lamented.

" How so? " I asked.

" There's been sources indicating that the government is looking into changing the way hero society will function. A lot of very loud and popular voices are suggesting that heroes are abolished and that civilians use quirks as they please, so as to defend themselves.

They simply no longer believe in the Hero Association... Agencies have been trashed, heroes have been assaulted, and earlier today... My license was revoked... Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Thirteen and Hound Dog also lost their licenses. The reason was mainly because of the U.A. Raid. "

Likely another part of Cyberghost's plan was tearing down heroes to stop anyone getting in his way. If he planned all that simply from seeing Kinzokuma on the news way back when I first started attending U.A, then he really is a mastermind...

" I feel I'm partially responsible for you all losing your licenses... I'm sorry... " I said, looking down as I drank my tea.

" You have to stop blaming yourself for what happened. It was a series of unfortunate events that led to this moment. It's not as if you deliberately led them to U.A. " He responded.

" I know, I know, but still... Especially with the way I acted. How bad must it have looked to have one of your students going out and fighting the Sinister Six without a license? My recklessness didn't just affect me, I know that much... " I said, still down, and tired.

" Alex, you already made up with us and resolved now to do it again. It's in the past now. Let's keep it that way, alright? " Yaoyorozu asked, to which I nodded.

" I have a tendency to do that sometimes... Linger in the past and look at me own mistakes. It's like I just rewind them again and again and point out to myself the various other options I had, all of them being better somehow. " I admitted.

Tokoyami added, " I feel the same way too sometimes. Perhaps if I hadn't have lost control of Dark Shadow back when the League of Villains attacked us in the forest, Ragdoll could have been saved. Or maybe you would have been able to properly detain Amaraito. Because of my actions, a religious psychopath wants to kill me, and I may very well be powerless against him... "

Tokoyami was in the same boat as me, really. We both had someone who desperately wanted us dead. True, Cyberghost's intentions were far more malicious, but that doesn't downplay the fact that we, at the time, were around sixteen years of age.

No matter how you look at it, it's stressful for two adolescents to have to deal with something like that. Every day they have to look over their shoulder to make sure they are murdered. Just the stress of that alone makes life a living hell.

After a few more minutes of reassurance, Kaminari suddenly asks, " Ya ever get that really weird feeling that out there, there a duck secretly watching you? It creeps me out man, they're staring into my soul. "

" You know what? Same. " Shinsou said, the two of them obviously very sleep deprived.

" Either what you're both actually high or you both have Anatidaephobia... " I said.

" You're pretty bright Alex, where did you learn that? " Misaki asked me.

" It's obvious just by looking at them, they're high as a kite. " I replied.

" That's not what I- " She started, before Jirou said she was going to bed.

" Hey can I come too? " Kaminari asked, raising and lowering his eyebrows in rapid succession multiple times.

" Those are expensive bedsheets and I'd rather you not get them stained with your... " Yaoyorozu started before coughing and looking away, embarrassed.

" Hey, Alex and Tsu do it all the time and theirs haven't been stained have they? " He asked.

" We did- " I started before Shinsou butt in.

" Correction: Did. "

" Now listen here you little sh- " I was about to say whilst approaching him before being interrupted again.

" I've been here for two hours you know. " Tsu said from the shadows in the other corner of the kitchen.

Everyone froze as we were all about to start brawl like drunkards and snapped our heads in her direction.

" How did you not know I was here? " She asked, watching us all.

" I... You didn't say a word... " Mr Aizawa said, genuinely shocked to see her sitting in the corner by herself.

Shinsou stretched and feigned yawning, " Man I'm tired I'm hitting the hay, night. "

Misaki, Yaoyorozu, and Tokoyami all said similar things in agreement and left very quickly. Jirou smacked Kaminari's arm off the counter he was leaning on and made him slip and hit the side of his face on the way down.

" Oh no, Kaminari had an accident. " She said in a nonchalant voice. " Looks like he fell asleep or something, I'll dump him on his bed and then go to my own because we're not doing anything weird. "

" Well this was a stupid waste of time. " Mr Aizawa sighed before also leaving, meaning it was just Tsu and I alone almost ten seconds after an inappropriate comment had been made about us.

I hadn't even spoken to her after promising to give her space. I looked into my cup and nearly choked trying to finish off my drink so I could leave. I put the cup down and started to head out.

" Well good times were had by all, I'm pooped. " I said as I tried to get away.

" Alex-Chan. "

I froze mid step and turned around slowly, to which she beckoned me back into the room.

" Yes? " I almost squeaked.

" I'm surprised you haven't come over to ask me yet... " She said.

" Hey you wanted space, I gave ya space! " I replied.

" I did. I'm just surprised with how well you took it... And I wanted to say thank you. A lot of other guys would have asked, or pressured, or come off as desperate. At least as far as I know anyway. " She put her finger on her chin.

" I had some help along the way I will admit... So how are you anyways? " I asked, making what's known as small talk, the kind of banter you make in awkward situations where you don't know what else to say, but you desperate want to keep a conversation flowing so as not to fall into the dreaded awkward silence.

She ignored my question and gave one of her own, " What kind of help? "

" Oh you know, therapist and friends. I've already been twice, and I've had a lot of support from Jirou and Kirishima, as well as a few others. I think Bakugou tried to encourage me too, but you can never tell with him. "

She smiled a little, " Bakugou is the only person I know where a death threat can actually be a compliment or support. "

I laughed a bit, " I know right? Like, what's with him? Sometimes I wonder if he's ever actually said a nice thing in his life! "

" Let's talk about us now. " She redirected the conversation.

" Oh boy... "

" You've done everything I wanted you to do. It's only been a day and a half, so just give me a little more time, and I think I'll know, ok? "

I nodded.

" I'm very proud of you Alex-Chan. Don't do anything silly now, ok? " She stuck her tongue out at me and smiled before leaving.

When I realised what had just happened, my heart melted. Could my relationship with Tsu be restored the next day? Excited, I teleported back to my room and jumped under the covers.

I eventually managed to get back to sleep and woke up the next morning from my alarm telling me to get up so I could get ready for therapy. I was pretty tired after having my sleep schedule messed up, but got up anyway.

I greeted everyone at breakfast, including Tsu who smiled and waved at me. As I got my cereal, Jirou came up behind me and grabbed my left arm and shoulder, shaking me slightly.

" So it worked out last night huh? " She asked rather excitedly.

" Yeah actually, we talked a little bit and... I think she might be reinstating it today! " I said.

" See, I told you! I mean, damn, that was pretty fast, but all she needed was some space! Good for you man, but don't get your hopes up too high. It could still be another day or so. " She replied.

I nodded, and then noticed the lack of Mineta. Eh, probably doing weird things to weird posters in his weird little room. His sheets were definitely the worst out of all of ours...

I ate, I conversed, I showered, I left. On my way out however, I heard two familiar voices. The first one was Mineta crying for help, and the second was Mr Aizawa.

I looked up and saw Mineta dangling from a window by his underwear, and Mr Aizawa saying, " Why are you hanging Mineta from the window? "

Judging by his tone, he was already expecting Mineta to fully deserve it. I heard Shinsou reply, " He called my mom a milf just before breakfast. I couldn't eat my breakfast, so I'm not letting him have his either. "

" Bring him back up in one piece... But take your time. "

I chuckled to myself and carried on, ignoring the crying creep and wondering how he had the balls to call Misaki a milf right in front of Shinsou... I didn't know him well, but I already knew very well he was not the kind of person to say that to.

If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought he was going to drop Mineta after hearing that. In fairness though, he's not wrong... I shook that thought out of my head and carried on to the therapist.

After breakfast was over and Yaoyorozu had cleaned up, which took a lot of time even with two extra volunteers, she went in to a small room near the end of the mansion. No one else really went in there, and it was almost barren.

There was an armchair facing away from the door, and a large potted plant in front of the armchair. It was a large parlor palm. On the armchair was a pillow that had a facial indentation on it.

She then buried her face into the pillow and screamed into it, hence the indentation, and then sat down, shouting at the plant. Suddenly, she felt a hand on shoulder. She spun around and protruded a metal pole from her hand and stopped it at Todoroki's face.

She pulled back and gave him a baffled look, " Todoroki, I... How are you in here? " She asked, as the door was locked.

" I was in here the whole time, you didn't even notice me. " He replied.

" I... Why are you in here? "

" I'm hiding from the girls, they keep trying to get me to admit I have a crush on you. Which I definitely don't by the way... " He said, looking away slightly flustered.

She didn't even seem to notice and asked, " Why here? In this room? "

He shrugged, " I don't know! No one ever comes in here! Everyone knows this room is basically empty and avoids it like the plague, you could probably kill someone and dump the body here, and no one would ever know. "

She stared at him for a moment as she thought, causing him to look back at her, confused.

" What? " He asked.

She grabbed his face and kissed him. His eyes widened as he was completely and utterly shocked, but he also didn't resist either. He had no idea what was going through her sleep deprived brain but she knew what she wanted, and she was finally having it.

At least, that's how the rumour went afterwards that evening. None of us really knew if that's what happened or not, but I can't imagine Todoroki or Yaoyorozu were lying about what happened. It's not like they were covering anything up, they just kissed... Right?

Those couple of days were pretty wild, and although I'd grown closer and was happier with my friends, that naive happiness was going to change when we all received the news.

The government had held an emergency meeting and decided to conform to the mass riots. They were passing a new law in a few weeks time to allow citizens to use their quirks freely in public.

This wasn't the bad news. The bad news was that with this being the case, heroes were no longer needed. No hero agencies, no hero association, no heroes in general. Police were going to be the ones expected to combat villains once this law passed.

Now we all needed therapy...

[ A/N: Sorry this chapter is THREE DAYS LATE I had a really tough time on Sunday, and it's really hard for me to write on days other than Sundays, but we got lucky with today! I dunno how much I'll be able to write on other days like this so we're pretty fortunate... So here, a fluff chapter, since we may not have too many of these left. So the law is being passed to destroy hero society soon... What now? There's still a lot of villains roaming around, what can be done to stop them? Find out what happens on Sunday. That's right, we ain't skipping a week because I was dumb. See you in four days! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817K 32.2K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...
823 76 16
(THIS BOOK IS OLD AND CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE NEAR FUTURE) Deku, or Izuku Midoriya, has moved from Class 1-A to Class 2-A. Very few stude...
979K 38.8K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
69.2K 2.8K 164
This book follows Akira Kiriya's experiences and encounters during her first year at UA high school. How will she fare with her new classmates at the...