Stutter-Taegguk

By sopeggukkie

Jeongguk is a 16-year-old cat hybrid Taehyung is a 17-year-old mafia member ~ Can such a cold, uncaring perso... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XVI
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
chapter xx
chapter xxi
chapter xxii
chapter xxiii
chapter xxiv
Important choice
chapter xxv
chapter xxvi
chapter xxvii
chapter xxviii
epilogue
announcement

chapter xxix

3.6K 118 11
By sopeggukkie

When Taehyung woke up, there was immediately a bad feeling in his stomach. He could feel it as soon as he woke up. That lingering pit at the bottom that tells you that there is something wrong. With a soft grunt, he got up and let his eyes dart across the room. Nothing really threatening appeared in his eyesight but the worrisome feeling didn't leave when he saw that his room was safe. Another groan left his body when he got up and walked to his closet. He took a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater out, calling it an outfit. With his eyes still droopy and sleepy, he walked out of his room, feeling the sudden urge to check everything to resten the feeling in his stomach.

When he opened the door he just noticed that the hallway looked like it looked every day and it even worried him more. What the fuck could be wrong?

~~

After checking everything that could be checked he plopped down on his bed. Everything was normal but the pit in his stomach only worsened.

"Damnit" he cursed, gripping the sheets. It sounded weird but Taehyung hated that nothing was wrong because it felt like something was. Something had to be wrong, why would he feel like this otherwise? Silently cursing his existence under his breath, he called Jimin.

~~

Jeongguk just let the tears flow at this point, his weak body shaking with sobs. He screamed and wailed as hard as he could, not that anyone would listen to him of course. He was all alone on top of the cliffs, nobody ever came here.

It felt like there was a hole in his chest that spread a pulsing pain through his entire body, numbing it with white-hot pain. Everything he ever knew came crumbling down now, everything collapsed right in front of his eyes. He wanted it to stop, wanted it all the stop.

Just jump, fucking jump!

A heart shredding whimper escaped his mouth and he let his head fall onto the grass.

Jump!

Jeongguk banged his fists on the grass before he let his exhausted body go limp in the grass. To add to the depressing atmosphere, it started raining. Tiny water drops fell from the sky and landed everywhere, only fueling the wild water down the cliffs more. Loud distressed cries erupted from his mouth but there was no one that could hear him. The wind just took his sadness and let it go in the air.

He should just jump. His cries would stop and the sadness would go away.

Jump, Jeongguk!

He shook his head lightly. There has to be another way, isn't it?

He didn't want to die, he just wanted the pain to go away.

~~

Taehyung was in the car, he couldn't get the damn feeling that there was something wrong out of his head. The black, sleek thing raced over the highway, the windshield wipers holding the excessive amount of rain back from blurring his vision. He was on his way to his little spot that he created over the years. He always came there to cool down and no other people ever came there. It was his safe space.

The rest of the trip was calm, the rain pouring down on the car only adding to the melancholic vibe. The sky was completely gray, packed with heavy clouds. When he was almost there, he could hear the wild water trashing against the rocks. The sound always made him feel more at ease in a weird way. Like he was safe up the cliffs while the water under him was so angry.

He parked his car in the grass and took an umbrella from under the seat, clapping it open as soon as he stepped out of the car. He let his eyes glance over the grass and the first thing he noticed was the trembling frame close to the edge. It looked like a rock at first sight but if you looked closely then you could see the outline of a curled-up human body. More worry began to explode in his lower stomach and his feet took him without thinking to the edge, to the person.

As soon as he reached the trembling body, he crouched down on his knees. Panic rushed through his veins. Why would there be a person here? Why wasn't it moving?

It was only then that he heard the tiny sobs, causing the person to shake lightly with every sob that erupted through his body.

"W-w-w-w-who's the-the-there?"

Taehyung's jaw fell open, he recognized that voice.

Jeongguk.

No, there was no way the hybrid could be here, bawling his eyes out.

But when he looked down he saw the soaked white tail laying limp next to him and the ears laying on his head, looking defeated. Just to be sure, he wiped the bangs out of the boy's eyes, earning loud whimpers when he touched the cold skin. But it was indeed Jeongguk.

Shit.

This wasn't supposed to happen, why was he here?

"Jeongguk?" he whispered, placing the umbrella above Jeongguk so that he was sheltered from the rain.

The boy blinked his eyes open, looking confused up at Taehyung's face. It only took a few seconds before he recognized the features on Taehyung's face and started whimpering loudly.

"Are you cold, Ggukkie?" he asked, worried.

"D-d-d-don't c-c-c-ca-call me t-that" the hybrid whispered, flattening his ears and staring in the silver-haired's eyes.

"Sorry, do you need a blanket?"

Taehyung had decided to ask questions about what he was doing here later. His first priority was to get the boy warm and safe in the car.

"I-i-i-i d-d-don't n-need shit fr-from y-you" Jeongguk spat, clearly growing angrier every second. "Just l-leave m-m-me a-alone"

"I will when you're warm and safe"

Jeongguk shook his head.

"Y-you're g-g-g-g-go-gonna hurt me a-again"

Taehyung's face grew pale. There was not a single cell in his body that wanted to hurt the vulnerable boy right now.

"I-i won't, I p-promise" he stuttered.

"Y-y-y-you said t-the sa-same thing l-last time a-and y-you s-still d-d-did" Jeongguk wailed, the memories all came flooding back and he remembered why he was here again. "L-let m-me jump"

Taehyung's body stopped functioning when he heard those words leave the hybrid's lips.

"Y-you came here to jump?" he asked, tears gathering inside his eyes.

Jeongguk just whimpered in response, trying to stand up.

"W-w-want it t-t-to stop. G-g-ggukkie w-wants n-n-no s-sad"

The hybrid was battling with his little side trying to take over. Now was not the moment, not when he was eye to eye with the man who started this all.

"W-why do you want to" Taehyung paused and bit his lip. "Kill yourself?"

Jeongguk's face dropped and then his eyebrows furrowed, giving him an angry look.

"Y-y-y-you w-were the o-one w-who hurt m-me, T-taehyung"

Now the silver-haired just let the tears roll.

"Just step back from the edge" he cried when the hybrid stood up, dangerously close to the water underneath.

"Y-y-you d-don't get t-t-to t-tell m-me what t-t-to d-do!" The hybrid yelled, taking a step closer to the edge of the cliff.

"I promise I will leave you alone, just step back" Taehyung sobbed, trying to get closer and get the boy away from the edge but every time he came closer Jeongguk took a step back. "I don't want you to leave"

"Not everything is about you!" Jeongguk screamed. "YOU HURT ME!"

He didn't stutter once, the boy was just functioning on his instinct.

"IF I WANT TO JUMP THEN THAT'S MY CHOICE! YOU DON'T GET TO HASH OUT MY LIFE!"

Pure anger consumed the boy. The boy who was stepping closer to the edge with every word, one step and he would fall.

"Don't please, Jeongguk" Taehyung sobbed, searching for a way to get the boy safe. "I love you, always have"

"Liar" Jeongguk spat, the word dripping with anger. "LIAR!"

He turned around, looking at the water underneath.

Just jump, you will be free!

Yeah, he should just jump.

Taehyung saw the boy flexing his muscles, making himself ready to jump.

"No!" he screamed, lunging forward to grab the boy, he got a hold of the boy's jacket but his fingers let the fabric go as soon as he touched the silk.

Jeongguk had jumped.

He forced himself to look down, seeing the boy falling and then crashing into the waves. He disappeared immediately and Taehyung just stared. Waiting and hoping for him to come back up, to peep his soft locks from the water and reassure the silver-haired that it was just a bad dream.

But even after hours and hours of waiting, nothing came. Not when the sun started to set and not when it rose again the next morning.

The hybrid was gone,

dead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 7.4K 22
❛❛ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞~ 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐲𝐛...
69.3K 3.4K 43
The lives of Kim Brothers - cold and merciless Vampire lords turn upside down when they collide their ways with a cute fluffy creature whose identity...
170K 10.7K 45
One sees the world differently. One makes sure the world sees him differently. What happens when their two worlds collide? A love story betwee...
39.5K 2.2K 37
Jeon Jungkook, a young boy has been living with terrible memories of his past. One day he meets a person whom he never thought will be his everything...