Dangerous Love

By yewandejoseph

This is a palace where one wrong move can determine if you live or die. In the quest for her family to surviv... More

The Beginning 1
The Prince quarters 2
The threats
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
HE'S A SUSPECT
THE BREAK UP
EIGHT YEARS AGO
Chapter seventy two
Chapter seventy three
Chapter seventy four
Chapter seventy five
Chapter seventy six
Chapter seventy seven
Chapter seventy eight
Chapter seventy nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty one

Chapter 43

2.7K 667 49
By yewandejoseph

Prince Ire drew out a chair and sat. They were together as family again. The King insisted everyone must come to the dinning for breakfast. If not because of that, everyone was ready to take their breakfast elsewhere to avoid all the drama that happens at the dinning. It was a place where they were supposed to sit and eat peacefully, but no. That was the time they get to talk about so many things that made the food turned cold and lose it taste. It was their place of gisting about things outside the palace, including themselves. Where they opened different topics and finalize their judgement. But then, eating at the dinning provided them with lots of delicacies they get to choose from and taste something even more delicious made by professionals. Top staff hired for the King alone.

The table was filled with all delicacies and fruit juices. From mango juice to pineapple juice, orange juice and apple juice. The King smiled the moment he spotted Prince Ire on his seat. "The birthday boy has finally joined us," he teased and few people laughed, including the King himself.

"Hey, Dewale don't you dare laugh. You weren't at the table last week for us to laugh at you too." The King warned his first Prince, Prince Adewale who immediately held his lips with his mouth playfully. He was some days older than Prince Ire. A week in total. But he wasn't around at the table to be wished by his family. Few people at the table laughed again. Prince Adedamola, Ire's mom, the King and Prince Goriola who found it funny, including Princess Adebisi. While Prince Ire and the first Queen were too hard on life to give it a smile. What was happening wasn't funny to them at all. They had so much on their mind.

Knowing the King wouldn't stop on time, Prince Ire quickly interrupted before his Dad could utter another word again."Dad I'm hungry, can we just eat?"

Prince Adewale instantly picked up the spoon placed on his plate. "Sorry Dad, I support the motion. Someone is hungry here. There is more time to gist."

Prince Adedamola picked up a spoon too, and finally voiced out after minutes of sitting without uttering a word. "My spoon is ready Dad. We ain't joking." 

The King made fun of his boys, shaking his head. His smile widened even more before he finally got to speak. "I forgot I have sons who don't joke with breakfast. But I'm sure Debisi is enjoying the fun. Right baby girl?"

Princess Adebisi who was tired of sitting at the table shook her head at their Dad. "I actually ate before coming already. I saw all these coming." she confessed and everyone laughed at how blunt her confession was. This time around, Prince Ire smiled even though they never liked each other. 

"I'm sorry my gentlemen and women. Now let's eat." The King called on his servers gesturing with his hand telling them to come over. Immediately they did and served everyone, dishing out the food they chose by themselves inside their plates.

"So Ire, how are you planning on celebrating your birthday? Going out or throwing a party?" The King asked after taking little from his food, waiting for his son's reply. As usual, all attention was on Prince Ire with their ears eager to hear his response.

Prince Ire who had started eating chewed the plantain he had in his mouth before lifting his head up. "Taking myself out. Anything else?"

"Well, I thought you planned something for yourself." The King said. "Since you are planning to go out, I think it would be nice if you take Kate along. You can get to know her better. She's really good for you Ire. I haven't seen you with anyone since that girl of yours got married to the Governor. You should get over her already because I don't think she's coming back. Besides, you have chances to go out with women of higher status."

Instantly Prince Ire responded. "That won't be possible Dad. It's my day and I just want to enjoy it alone. You can tell me what your plans are." Prince Ire gestured with his hand for one of the servers to serve him a glass of juice. Without telling them, they knew what juice to serve him. He wasn't expecting his Dad to bring that up again. He never saw Kate as someone he would like to go out with. To him, Kate was just a friend, even though he knew about her crush for him. Looking at the whole thing, Prince Ire wouldn't want to be related to the senator in any way apart from being his friend's son. And not his in-law. He was getting pissed by all the questions his Dad was throwing at him.

Prince Ire looked up at the brown skin lady who served him a glass of mango juice with annoyance. "What's this?" He pointed to the glass before him. "Which part of the world do you come from? I don't take that. Are you new? Get out of my sight please." He said a bit furious. That wasn't his favourite juice, and he wondered why someone who had never served at the dinning had the audacity to serve him. "Kunbi!" He called on the lady who worked alongside Mama T. Kunbi who just finished serving Prince Goriola saw what was going on and sighed in defeat. She quickly prayed she doesn't lose her job because she knew what Prince Ire could do, and no one dares to disobey his command.

"Sir." Kunbi replied and instantly put up an act. "Who served this?" Her voice was loud and really scary for the new set of people who came to the dinning with her. "But I told you what they all prefer. Do you want to poison the Prince?" Of course, that was a lie. She didn't tell them anything. She only told them to watch how things were being done and not touch anything.

"I'm sorry sir." The lady was already shaking with fear of losing her job. She had been brainwashed by the negative stories of the palace, especially who Prince Ire was. They told her he was the most angry person at the table. But despite all warnings, she insisted on coming to the dinning just to have a look at all the Princes. To confirm all she had heard about them looking gorgeous just like the King himself. Immediately, Kunbi moved closer to Prince Ire to serve him.

"No Kunbi don't serve that. Let others handle it," Prince Ire instructed and went back to his food but no one approached him. They were all scared. He turned and looked at them before speaking up. "So no one knows my favourite juice."

"Aramide step back now." Kunbi warned and almost everyone at the table heard that. The name. Which sounded just like Aramade. Prince Ire was the first person to talk. "Kunbi what did you just call her?"

"Aramide sir. That's her name. She's one of the new workers that does the laundry. She was brought here because we needed hands."

"Whao! That's good." The King suddenly took interest in her and smiled at the brown skin lady that stood with her face down. "Do you speak French?"

"No your majesty."

"What about Spanish?'

"No your majesty."

The King suddenly doesn't find her interesting any longer. "You are a lot different from her." Then the King faced Prince Ire. "That reminds me. It's been long I saw her last. How is she doing?"

"Fine Dad. I gave her some days off. She's not feeling too well," he lied. "Excuse me please." He got up and left the table to avoid more questions from his Dad.

•••••

"Well, well, well...sister who is that hottie again cause that man isn't mom's customer?" Omoh asked Ara who finally raised her head up to stare at the familiar tall figure receiving a call close to his car. It was Ayoola. Looking hot in a white starched shirt. It was obvious the shirt was ironed by a pro. It fitted his body and made him look handsome with the blue jean trouser he wore with it.

Omoh smiled. "Sissy you are just staring. I don't get you anymore. Who among them is your boyfriend?"

"Which of them do you like?" Aramade answered her sister back with a question.

"Well, I can't say. What's the name of that guy that came---"

"Ire."

"Okay, Uncle Ire," Omoh repeated. "He looked calm yesterday, very handsome too. You can hardly know he's rich or he's a prince if not because of the car he brought that day. Which means, you can hardly know him by his looks. He could be more than what he tried to show people. He could be fun and he could be anything. He seems like a simple guy." Omoh smiled, teasing  Aramade by raising her brow before she finally continued."I know you like that one." Omoh smiled at her sister again. "But sincerely I don't know what to say about them." Omoh gave up. "But I will still say something anyways. That guy out there is the opposite of Uncle Ire. Look at his dressing mhen! He knows fashion just like you. Guys like him will show you who they are at first sight so you get to fall for them or like them instantly. After then, there isn't much they can show you because you know them already and you know what they are capable of doing. Just look at him, he has been smiling on phone since. Awwn..so cute. Sis shey you will dash him to me." Omoh hugged her sister with her hands which were stained with flour.

Aramade laughed. "You are not okay. And I can't dash you."

"He's coming sissy." Omoh instantly announced his presence.

"Look away and just laugh like I'm saying something funny." Aramade instructed and immediately, the two sisters laughed like they were discussing something funny. After then, they decided to look up.

"Whao! Look who we have here." Ara pretended like she just saw him, walking towards him very quickly. They met on the way and instantly Aramade gave Ayoola a side hug to welcome him. "Been long I saw you. I'm sorry Saturday could not work out."

Ayoola smiled back at her. "It's okay. I heard you aren't in palace and that was the reason why I came looking for you here. How have you been?"

"Fine. Please come over here and seat." Aramade gave him a seat and sat next to him. Her mom wasn't around and that saved her because she knew if her mom was around, it would have been a different scene. While they sat together talking, the people working for their mom couldn't stop peeping. They tried to watch all they could to have something to gossip about on their way home.

Aramade laughed. "You really still remember this place when I thought you would have forgotten."

"Never!" Ayoola smiled. "Could that ever happen to my memory?"

Aramade laughed quietly this time. Ayoola was good at composing words that could bring smiles to people's faces. They kept on talking and talking. "So do you know Ire's birthday is tomorrow. I'm not sure your boss told you that."

Ara tried to pretend like she was aware about it even though her first expression on getting to know that failed her. She smiled back at Ayoola. "He told me," she lied. "But I guess he must be celebrating with his friends."

"Well, I don't think he's doing that this time around cause he said he just want to be alone."

Ara smiled, but the smile was for herself knowing Prince Ire must have said that because he was taking her out. Now she couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. She was looking forward to how fun, amazing the memory would be.

   _________________________________

Well well well😄 Tomorrow had come. Let's find out together 😚😁

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK THE STAR 🌟 BUTTON 😀 THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE SMILE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 54.7K 73
When Maduka meets Nwanyieze, he is certain they are meant to be. He knows she is a woman with secrets, but he cannot stay away from her. He also has...
5.9K 1K 61
Isrealla morenike Jones..... An introverted, out going and lovable girl who wants nothing more than to be accepted, appreciated and loved. Both by he...
41.1K 5.1K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
75.6K 10.1K 53
Nawal has her life all perfectly planned out. Which involve living her ordinary life peacefully with her parents and sister. Designing clothe which s...