(Closed) Summer Reading Chall...

By Monrosey

*CHALLENGE COMPLETE* The #WP2020 Summer Reading Challenge is going on now through September 22nd, 2020. Find... More

Get Ready For It!
๐ŸŒŸ Introduction
๐ŸŒŸ Reader Rules and Guidelines
๐ŸŒŸ Prizes
๐ŸŒŸ Frequently Asked Questions
Emma that is Dead
The Death of Me
The Summer I Loved You
Wicked Games
The God Complex
Inevitable
Carrying On
Mary's Bones
Hero
The Moonlight Boy
Because You're Different
One Drop of Golden Sun
Summer of '79
Hive Island - The Awakening
Charlie and Dia
Candy Gram
Queensmen
The Forgotten Hero
The Plague Doctor's Daughter
Caught Between Our Worlds
Beautiful People
The Shady Adventures of Fabian
Savage
Mind the Gap
Seeing Red
The Anti-Adventure of Camilla Kern
The End of War
The Witches of BellaRow Street
Gunslingers and Galaxies
The Sky is Everywhere
Vampirism
The Storm Trials
The Peculiar Language of Llamas
Kiss My Sass
The Gravity Myth
Made
Sweet'N Love
Hamburger Hamlet
Who We Were
The Loser's Guide to Revenge
All These Impossible Stars
The Golden Flower
The Girls Left Behind

๐ŸŒŸ Tallies and Weekly Winners

1.3K 55 261
By Monrosey

Record of Reads (Week of 6/23 - 6/27):

Hello Summer Reading Challenge readers!

Can you believe we're already one week into the challenge?! We'd like to send a shout-out to the top three readers for the first week: congratulations to ToryQuinn  John_Doe12 and Otimileyin!

You dove right in and read more than any other participant! But there are several others that are hot on your heels. We're looking forward to next week's tallies!

And speaking of tallies, the next round is due this weekend. All you have to do is post the title of the stories you read, along with the number of chapters, in the comment section below by Saturday July 4th 11:59 P.M. PST, and we'll do the rest! 

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Record of Reads (Week of 6/28 - 7/4):

LLSanders and I are completely blown away by this weeks numbers! ToryQuinn and Otimileyin are still going strong, but Nacht_Owl has proved they are out for the win! Lvcky_Vi and NDeMeer _snowflakes__  _Kymoniece_ Fayfuzzies and @ojmo2067 aren't far behind either, and there are plenty more that are rolling up their sleeves and diving in along with you! We can't thank you enough for your hard work and dedication.

Here's your friendly reminder to get this week's tallies in by Saturday July 11th, 11:59 P.M. PST.  Just add it to the comment section here, in the Tallies and Weekly Winners chapter. That way we can verify the count over the weekend and name the top readers at the beginning of the week.

Have a good week, and happy reading!

Record of Reads (Week 7/5 - 7/11):

Week three tallies are in! We've updated the challenge F.A.Qs chapter to remind everyone that *in order to be eligible for the weekly reader shout-outs*, you must share your numbers in the Tally and Weekly Winners chapter of the challenge book by the end of every weekend. We can no longer keep track on our own, it's too time-consuming to go through 30+ stories. Having said that, not competing in the weekly shout-outs does not mean your numbers and participation doesn't count. If you've got your eye on one of the prizes at the end, you're still eligible!

LLSanders  and I are thrilled so many of you are playing along! The weekly readers with the highest numbers this week are Otimileyin  Nacht_Owl  and newcomer EmilyBurke19 , with honorable mentions to @_snowflakes__ and ToryQuinn! This just goes to show it's NEVER too late to join in the fun!

Record of Reads (Week 7/12 - 7/18):

Week four tallies show that our top readers this week are Otimileyin EmilyBurke19 Nacht_Owl and
newcomer Fathii7 !

Thank you so much for playing along! If you'd like to be included in the weekly reader shout-out, please post your weekly tally in the comment section below by Saturday, July 25th!

Record of Reads (Week 7/19 - 7/25):

Can you believe we're already announcing the week FIVE winners of the Summer Reading Challenge?

But don't let that number scare you. There's still plenty of time to join in the reading fun, while possibly winning prizes, too (like some super lit Wattpad swag and Amazon gift cards—and who wouldn't want those?!)!

This week's top reads go to EmilyBurke19 darksun_bedazzled Fathii7 and Nacht_Owl!

Congratulations and thank you for continuing to play along!

Record of Reads (Week 7/26 - 8/1):

The #WP2020 Summer Reading Challenge tallies are in for week six—can you believe it's already been that long?!

Let's give it up for Nacht_Owl EmilyBurke19 Lvcky_Vi and @TsheringYekzin, with an honorable mention to @ruzlan1109! Congratulations to this week's winners!

Record of Reads (Week 8/2 - 8/8):

Week seven is here already, it's going by so fast! The winners are Nacht_Owl EmilyBurke19 and @TsheringYekzin, with newcomer MehakGupta163 coming in close behind! We'd also like to give honorable mentions to @ruzlan1109 and Fathii7 ! Congratulations and thank you for playing along!

Record of Reads (Week 8/9 - 8/15):

The Summer Reading Challenge tallies are in for week eight—and we'd just like to say, these readers are absolutely killing it! Top readers this week are MehakGupta163, Nacht_Owl, and Fathii7, with honorable mentions to @TsheringYekzin, Lvcky_Vi, @Lucentbeauty and @ladyphoenix001! There are several readers participating but not always sharing their tallies for the weekly shout-outs, so if you do not see your name here, please don't be alarmed! Everything you read will be added together at the end of summer to determine our overall winners.

Thank you ALL for playing along!If you're just stumbling across this challenge, it's not too late to join! All you have to do is check out the rules in the challenge book and start reading!

Record of Reads (Week 8/16 - 8/22):

Week nine of the summer reading challenge is now complete and the top readers this week are @TsheringYekzin, Fathii7, and Nacht_Owl with honrable mentions to @ladyphoenix001 and @Ruzlan. You fabulous readers rolled up your sleeves and dove right in. We can't wait to see who will rise to the top by the end of summer!

Record of Reads (Week 8/23 - 8/ 29):

Week ten of the #WP2020 Summer Reading Challenge proves that this is still anyone's game! Our top three readers this week are @TsheringYekzin, ToryQuinn, and Fathii7 with honorable mentions to newcomer @translatorofdreams, Nacht_Owl, and ruzlan1109! Thank you for joining in!

Record of Reads (Week 8/30 - 9/5):

The top readers for week eleven are Fathii7, @TsheringYekzin, and Nacht_Owl with honorable mentions to @Kyliesyeal wild_imaginatorII Kyntiew8497! Thank you all for playing along!

Record of Reads (Week 9/6 - 9/12): 

Week twelve tallies are in, and our top readers are @TsheringYekzin @ruzlan1109 @Nacht_Owl and newcomer @bearblancblanc --thank you for playing along!Record of Reads (Week 9/13 - 9/22): Week thirteen of the Summer Reading Challenge has come to an end! Our top three readers this week are @wild_imaginatorII @TsheringYekzin @Nacht_Owl with an honorable mention to @bearblanc! Thank you all for your continued support of the challenge! 

Record of Reads: (Final Tallies 9/22):

Readers and writers, we've come to the end of the #WP2020 Summer Reading Challenge!First off, we'd like to thank you for patiently waiting for LLSanders and I to tally the comments. It was not an easy feat! 

To give you insight into this endeavor, let's start with some numbers. Forty-four authors participated in the Summer Reading Challenge, sharing a total of 1,695 chapters. There were seventy-eight readers who joined in and they left a total of — get ready for it — 12,751 comments! This number does NOT reflect the multiple comments left per chapter, only the chapter parts.You guys are INCREDIBLE and we can't thank you enough for the hard work you put in! In the beginning, we weren't sure how a reading challenge would go over, but you did not disappoint. We hope you had just as much fun finding new stories, and maybe even making new friends, as we did. 

And now for the winners...

The 3rd place winner, commenting on 1,492 qualifying chapters, and recognized for their sharp commentary, is the wonderful Nacht_Owl!

Coming in 2nd place, with a total of 1,500 total chapters commented on, is the amazing, detailed, and insightful ToryQuinn!

And in 1st place, with 1,550 chapters commented on, is the ever enthusiastic... (drumroll please) ... Fathii7 !

Honorable mentions go to...

@TsheringYekzin with 1,345 chapters
@wild_imaginatorII with 1,189
@EmilyBurke19 with 931
@Otimileyin with 737
@MehakGupta163 with 471
@Lvcky_Vi with 418

THANK YOU to every one of you, both author and reader alike, for making this a memorable event. We're blown away by the support you've shown, and without you, this challenge wouldn't have been as special. We'll be in touch with the top 3 winners shortly. Once again, thank you for making the Summer Reading Challenge a success! 

Happy reading, 

@LLSanders and @Monrosey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 7.6K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
Gifted By Emma

Teen Fiction

6.9K 284 37
Hera Platt is a music prodigy. In a time when such prodigies are sought after for entertainment, her parents try to hide her talent, knowing that she...
Foreign Love By Tina

Teen Fiction

103K 2.8K 40
Tiana takes a foreign exchange student programme to the USA. Her life turns upside down when she is to stay with the schools most popular boy. When s...
56.2K 2.8K 45
Paisley Monroe has always wished that her life was just a little bit easier. Between the pressures of senior year, overprotective parents, and the lo...