Fire Emblem Three Houses: A T...

By DreamersWriters

Byleth and Beresu are twins who had to transfer colleges after an incident on Ylisses. They now attend Garreg... More

Information about this Story
Chapter 1: A New Start
Chapter 2: The Roar of a Lion
Chapter 3: The Schemes of a Deer
Chapter 4: A Flirt and A Teacher
Chapter 5: About to Blow
Chapter 6: A Great Flame
Chapter 7: A New Flame
-Break + Thank You!-
Chapter 8: Those Who Slither in the Dark
Chapter 9: The Voices of Light
Chapter 10: Two Targets
Chapter 11: Family Matters
Chapter 12: The Burning Power
Chapter 13: Sothis
Chapter 14: Be Open
Chapter 15: Sing with Your Heart
Chapter 17: The Marketplace
Chapter 18: Guidance
Chapter 19: A Step
Chapter 20: A Little More Time
Chapter 21: The Real Purpose
Chapter 22: Learning from the Best
Chapter 23: A Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 24: The Resurrection
Chapter 25: Cry for a Moment
Chapter 26: The Final Confrontation Part 1
-Thank You Again 2!-
Chapter 27: The Final Confrontation Part 2
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1: Hallowe'en Night
Bonus Chapter 2: Preparing for the Job

Chapter 16: A Dance in the Night

85 1 12
By DreamersWriters

(Wow! Sorry about this being so late! I have a job (nothing dangerous or able to spread this terrible disease!) which took a lot of work yesterday, and I started on The World Ends with You! I then realized that I had a lot of stuff I wanted to write about this chapter! So sorry! Won't happen again! As for this story, if you are not ok with suicide, then skip this. It does touch on that subject. I wanted to show that Marianne isn't alone and has friends who are willing to help her. I hope I did that justice with Claude and Hilda. Now, enjoy this chapter!) 

(Dimitri's POV)

                  I am still lying awake in bed. She actually accepted to go out with me!

"I would have never expected you to be a romantic person. Must run in the family" Joshua said with pride as he nodded at his descendant.

"I really hope not. He doesn't need your crummy luck" Cangdi said with an eye roll.

I honestly do not care about what they are talking about right now. I am just relieved to know that she did want to go to the dance with me. I sat up in bed as a horrible through came into my mind. I have no idea how to dance at all!

"Don't worry, oh descendant of mine. You have the luck to have me be your ancestor! I shall teach you how to dance!" Joshua reassured him with a smile.

The next day, I worked with my ancestor about how I should dance with Beresu. As I was dancing, I wondered how my friends were doing. After all, they tend to be chaotic, and I don't know how they are going to get themselves a date either. Well, I know two of them should I have a date.

(Byleth's POV)

I was looking at my roses as Edelgard and Flayn were having tea and biscuits.

"I honestly do not know why you are nervous. I assumed you and Dorothea were together" Edelgard said as she took a sip from her tea.

"Exactly! I assumed the two of you have a healthy relationship!" Flayn exclaimed as she ate her cookies.

"I feel like I should. I need to do a proposal of some kind for these events" I explained to them in a calm voice as Ephraim appeared from my bracelet.

"He's actually been practicing with his twin after she accepted Dimitri's proposal" he said with a smirk, "Such a classy man. I had to fight my wife's brother for her hand in marriage"

"It was such a funny event!" L'Arachel exclaimed as she popped out of Edelgard's headband and twirled towards Ephraim, "I could never forget how angry my husband was about this! His face was so red!"

Lyon laughed on the side as Ephraim rolled his eyes. At least my ancestor was able to confess and declare his love for her. I don't believe I can do that in this time period without causing some kind of trouble.

"I am positive she will say yes. This reminds me of when your father did the same thing to your mother" Tianhuang said with a distant smile, "He gave her flowers whenever he visited her. Her face would light up in delight as she saw the flowers. I believe this will be fine"

"Thank you, Tianhuang. It is nice to hear someone's positive input than a reckless one" I confessed to him.

"Well, if you are worried you don't have a wonderful relationship with Dorothea, I suggest you make a move before anyone else does. After all, who knows who is going to ask her to the dance" Edelgard pointed out as she placed her cup down on its own plate.

She has a point! I have to find her! Then, a box of chocolates was held in front of Flayn. You have to be kidding me. I saw Ignatz handing it to her!

"Would you want to accompany me to the dance?" he asked her as he lowered his head to hide his blushing face.

"Yes! This is going to be so much fun! We can try all the food and see who can eat the most! Either Raphael or Leonie!" Flayn exclaimed as the rest of us looked at her with deadpanned expressions.

I don't think she understood what Ignatz was trying to say. She hugged him tightly and then pulled him after her with the box of chocolates as Lyon disappeared. I just realized how lucky we are that Ignatz didn't see him.

"That happened" Ephraim said as Edelgard continued to enjoy her tea.

Hubert then approached Edelgard, holding a box of dark chocolates as well as her favorite tea bag.

"Lady Edelgard, I would be very honored to accompany you to the dance. I have always found our relationship very important to me. I want nothing but to be by your side" Hubert professed as he kneeled before her to hand her the gifts.

She simply smiled at him as she took his gifts. She pulled him, wrapped her arm around his, and walked away from me. She then turned her head as L'Arachel vanished to smirk at me.

"I really need to ask her" I said as Ephraim popped on my shoulder.

"Yes, yes you do" Ephraim admitted with a firm head nod.

I held my bouquet and ran to the theater to find Dorothea to ask her as Ephraim vanished back into my bracelet. I burst into the theater to find Felix with Annette as Dorothea was singing with Constance as Lorenz and Ferdinand watched them. Everyone stopped once they saw me standing there with roses in my hand.

"Haha! You are too late, dear Byleth! For Ferdinand Von Aegir has already woo my heart to be his lovely partner for the dance! You will have to try again! If the Ferdinand Von Aegir loses his touch which I highly doubt!" Constance boasted as Ferdinand took her hand in his to give it a kiss.

"Thank gods you didn't pick her" Ephraim said in relief.

"Oh, uh! I am honored, but I am very happy with Felix! Thank you though!" Annette blushed as she hugged Felix's arm.

I shook my head at them as Lorenz turned his head away from me. I looked at Dorothea and began to wonder if I was too late. She held a small smile as she stepped down from the stage and approached me. She gently took my roses as she laughed at me. I felt my face heat up at her.

"I thought we were already going together. You didn't have to do this at all" she said with a smile, "Though, if it does help, I am flattered to go with you, my boyfriend"

She pressed a kiss to my cheek as I felt my face heat up.

"He has faced many kinds of dangers, but this is the one thing that stuns him" Tianhuang said amazed, "I honestly will never understand humans"

"I don't think you ever will. My god didn't when I challenged her brother to get her hand in marriage" Ephraim said as I felt so happy.

I hugged her close and just grinned. I did it. Now, I just have to make sure my dancing skills are still good. I cannot wait for this dance to come. I will show her a wonderful time on the dance floor.

(Claude's POV)

Seriously?! How did Byleth and Flayn get a dance partner before me?! Edelgard, I understand, because Hubert is her partner for only the goddess knows how long. As for Dimitri and Beresu, well, those two have been dating for a while, so that is understandable.

"You can always ask her" Innes said with an eye roll.

"As if! I am sure someone has already asked her anyway" I admitted to my ancestor.

"How do you know? I always though the same when I fell for L'Arachel. I don't recommend you just sit around and do nothing" Innes advised me seriously as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes at him. How dare he have more knowledge than me! Though, I do hate to admit it. He does have the right idea. I should go and search for her. Maybe no one has asked her out to the dance yet.

(Tomas's POV)

Young love is such a petty thing. It is always something everyone wants which I will never understand. I saw Claude leaving the library after he was talking about his love. Maybe this would be a good idea. I decided to follow that foolish child and see what I can do to turn love against them.

(Marianne's POV)

Lysithea was eating a few sweets that Linhardt bought for her to go with her to the dance. As for me, I was just looking over my notes. I don't think I'll be attending the dance. I am just fine with my studies in my room. I can't really see myself going to the dance either. Who would want to dance with someone like me anyway?

"Hey! Lysithea! You were right!" Ignatz shouted in delight as he ran towards us.

He looked so out of breath and exhausted! What did Lysithea make him do now?

"Told you. You just have to ask. She's a sweet girl. She would let you take her out to the dance. I honestly didn't understand why you were so worried" Lysithea said as she ate another chocolate.

I didn't realize he was going to the dance as well. I figured he would be with Raphael for the whole night. I wonder who he asked to the dance.

"I don't think Flayn fully understood that I was asking her out, but at least she and I will have a dance together. I can't wait for that" Ignatz said with relief as he sat down.

She's lucky. I don't think anyone would even try to ask me to the dance.

"Please stop" Lysithea said as she turned her head to me, "You may think no one is going to ask you to the dance, but someone might. After all, you did win us second place in the dance competition. Who knew Beresu couldn't dance? Either way, you are smart and very pretty. Someone is going to ask you to the dance"

Why is she so confident in that when I am not? I just don't see it.

"Oh! Hey Claude! What brings you here?" Ignatz greeted warmly.

I looked up from my notes to see him. Claude looks kind of anxious. I wonder what is on his mind.

"Hey! How are my fawns?" he greeted with a smile as he waved at us.

Lysithea picked up a rock and threw it at him. However, Claude easily took a step to the side to avoid the incoming rock. He just smirked and placed his hand on her head.

"How are you doing, little girl? Found a chaperone for the dance?" Claude teased as Lysithea's face turned very red with anger.

She tried to bite his hand, but he pulled away before she could. She sat up and continued to eat her chocolate.

"For your information, Linhardt asked me to the dance and even presented me with this box of chocolates! What about you? Has anyone asked for your gracious hand to the dance?" Lysithea asked with smirk as she then winked at me.

What was she implying with that?!

"Very funny. Though, I was going to ask someone. I just don't know what she will say to me. She tends to be quiet and only let's others talk for herself. When in reality, she is one of the smartest, prettiest girls I have ever met. I just hope she thinks I'm good enough for her" Claude said as he turned his gaze to me.

I felt my cheeks heat up at this statement. Why is he talking about nice things and looking at me? Claude revealed his hand to show us a bouquet of blue tulips to me. Why is he doing this?

"So, will the prettiest and smartest girl here come with me to the dance?" he asked me.

I was speechless at his invitation. Why would he ask for my hand to the dance? Why me?

"Don't keep us waiting, Marianne! Say something to him!" Lysithea shouted over my thoughts.

Oh! I should say something! What do I say? I want to go with him! Will he be ok with that?!

"Claude, I want to go with you" I answered as I tried to comprehend his request.

He blinked a few times before letting my hands go. He then took a few steps back as Lysithea covered her ears. Ignatz then covered mine as he looked a bit dismayed at what was to come.

"YAHOO! I DID IT!" Claude exclaimed loudly.

I couldn't help but smile at him. He really did mean those nice things about me. I placed my hand over my chest as I blushed.

"What's going on? Did Claude finally break into the teacher's lounge?" Hilda's voice rang through the area.

We turned our attention to her and Lorenz. The two of them were holding matching rose pins as they joined us.

"Not exactly" Ignatz said in pain as he held his ears.

"Claude finally asked Marianne out. Which reminds me, you own me 20 dollars, Lorenz" Lysithea said as she held her hand to him.

Lorenz grumbled as he took out a 20 dollar bill from his wallet. I was so surprised. Does this mean Claude had always wanted to spend more time with me? Why?

"Oh! This is wonderful! We need to pick out dresses!" Hilda said as she embraced me from behind.

"Oh, really? I was hoping she and I could spend some time together before the dance" Claude asked Hilda kindly as he smiled at me.

Before I could say anything, Hilda pulled me up and held Lysithea's hand.

"I'm sorry, Claude, but a girl has to look her best for any kind of dance. The three of us are going shopping! We will see you soon!" Hilda stated as she pulled us after her.

I turned to Claude with a small smile on my face. I pointed to my notebook. He smiled wide as he picked it up.

He nodded his head at me as he said, "Go and have fun!"

I smiled back at him in relief. I am so happy someone like him wants to be with someone like me. I can't wait for this dance to come and spend my days with him for a long time.

(Claude's POV)

"I can't believe she agreed to come with me to the dance" I said in relief.

"Yes, I know" Byleth said as he looked at his phone.

"She's so amazing" I said in my daze state.

"I understand" Dimitri said as he adjusted his blue bow tie.

"Are you two even going to listen to me?!" I shouted at them.

Tonight was the night of the dance. The three of us decided to meet at Byleth's house for obvious reasons. One, Beresu was here, and Dimitri wanted to enter the ballroom with her at his side. Byleth and I were going to meet out lovely ladies at the ballroom. The second reason was because of Sothis. She was still asleep. Our ancestors reassured us that she is still healthy and alive, but she just tired. I guess that fight really did take so much out of her.

"How do I look? Be honest" Dimitri asked as he revealed himself to us.

"Not bad. Not as good as me, but not bad" I said as a smirked formed on my face.

He rolled his eyes at me as Joshua looked up and down at his descendant.

"Just dashing. You look very dashing" Joshua reassured him.

"Yeah, you look just fine. She'll think so too" Byleth reassured him as a small smile appeared on his face.

Ephraim nodded his head at his descendant as Innes just rolled his eyes.

"Either way, my descendant looks the best if you ask me" Innes shouted among them.

"That is just a fact. It is not my fault that I am just fabulously amazing" I stated with a simple flip of my head.

The three of us were wearing simple black and white tuxes with each one having a distinct difference. Dimitri has a blue bow tie around his neck, Byleth wore a dark red rose over right shoulder, and I had a light blue and yellow rose on my left shoulder. I just hope she's ready to see me! I'm so excited and nervous for this dance! I can't wait! Then, the doors to Beresu's room opened to reveal her wearing a long, puffy, dark blue dress. Her hair was curled up a bit as well.

"How is she?" Byleth asked her with worry.

"Eirika says she'll wake up tonight at some point. She is perfectly healthy too. Eirika reassured me she'll be fine. Our father will be back later tonight. He'll assume she was sleeping and ready for bed" Beresu reassured her twin brother.

"Alright" Byleth said with a smile on his face.

I jumped up, clapped my hands, and shouted in delight, "Then, let's get show on the road everyone!"

We all simply laughed at him and made our way to the ballroom. We were very surprised to see how grand it was! There was a long, white clothed table holding all kinds of food and drinks. Ah, it looks like Raphael, Balthus, and Leonie are helping themselves to the table. As for the lights, there were four chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and shining brightly. Wow, they really did a good job with this place!

"Shall we?" Dimitri asked Beresu with a smile as they walked away arm in arm.

The two of them went to join up with Sylvain and Ingrid and Felix and Annette. Dedue, Mercedes, and Jeritza were sitting at a table and chatting together.

"Come on, Ashe! I want to get some ice cream!" Ning shouted excitedly as she pulled him after her with a laughing Yuri behind them.

"Alright, alright!" Ashe laughed in reply.

Looks like the Blue Lion House is having a good time.

"It is nice to see you here. Especially in such festive attire" Edelgard's voice said with lightness in her voice.

"Well, look at how well she cleans herself up!" I joked as she rolled her eyes at me.

Edelgard's hair was long and flowing. She wore a silk, red dress. She wore a silver headband on her head and long, white gloves which stretched from her hands to her elbows. She had a silver necklace around her neck.

"Is he troubling you, Lady Edelgard?" Hubert asked as he stepped to her side and held her hand.

Of course, he has a red rose.

"He's always bothering me. I just have no say in it" she said as she closed her eyes.

Byleth laughed as I looked like I wounded by her words. I noticed her housemates were also having a grand time here.

"Come on, Bernadetta! I want to share a drink and then dance the rest of the night with you!" Caspar shouted in delight as he handed her a drink.

"R-right! Please stop pulling me! I'm coming!" she wailed as he took her hand in his.

"Come, Ferdinand! Let us show everyone how to properly dance!" Constance declared as she let him place his hands on her waist.

"Agreed! Now, we shall dance!" Ferdinand said in delight as he twirled her around him!

You know, I was almost impressed by that.

"Baltie, are you sure you want to keep eating? Will you even have the energy to dance?" Hapi asked with some concern in her voice.

"I have to prove that the King can handle anything! Don't worry! I promise to share a dance with ya! I just need to prove that I am the king" Balthus reassured as he patted her cheek with his clean hand and then went back to eating.

Kronya was having too much juice as Petra ate some chicken with her.

"Such delicious food! I haven't had something like this in my home in ages!" Petra exclaimed in delight as she continued to eat.

"I just want to drink this stupid night away. I hate this place" Kronya admitted as she drank another juice.

Linhardt yawned as he walked into the room with Lysithea. Whoa! She looks pretty good in her white, puffy dress. Just like a princess.

"Shall we dance?" Linhardt asked with a smile, "Or, would you like to have some sweets first?"

"Sweets shall do for now" Lysithea said in delight as they made their way to the buffet table.

"Byleth! I'm so sorry! I was worried about my hair!" Dorothea exclaimed.

My jaw dropped at the site of her. How did Byleth on his first year of attending manage to get a girl like that?! Dorothea was wearing a long, dark purple dress and had two green earrings hanging from her ears. Her sleeves had black lining on it. Instead of wearing a hat, she wore a black tiara.

"You look dashing, my lady" Byleth greeted as he gently kissed her hand, "Shall we dance?"

"But of course, my lord" she played along as she winked at Edelgard.

"Yes, well, Hubert and I shall take our leave as well. We want to enjoy the night. Have a good time, Claude" Edelgard said as she let Hubert take her hand and left me alone.

Well, a night alone on the big dance? Not for long! I just have to wait for Marianne. Everything will be fine! I just know it!

"Sure. That is what we said the last few times before trouble happens" Innes said in a mocking tone.

"I could sure do without the sass" I replied back to him, "Anyway, I should look around to see how my other housemates are doing"

As I gazed around and waited for Marianne, I saw Anna taking in all the details as Cyril helped her take note of the entire ballroom. I wonder what they are up too. Then, I felt two, smaller students run pass me!

"Ignatz! We must get sweets before Raphael, Leonie, and Balthus consume everything!" Flayn said with determination.

"Of course! We must do everything we can to save the cake!" Ignatz agreed as they made their way to the table to steal the cake.

Huh. Everyone is here, but Hilda, Lorenz, and Marianne. I wonder where they are. Something is not right.

"I agree. We have to do something" Huangdi said seriously.

I was about to give my input on something until I heard Hilda shouting my name. Behind her was a concerned Lorenz.

"What's wrong? Nice dress by the way" I asked her with concern.

She wore a lively pink dress with some shiny amythyst around the edges of the dress. She had her hair up in a very high ponytail. She wore a black necklace with a purple pendent hanging from it.

"Marianne isn't with you!" she exclaimed as she looked even more panicked.

"Where is she?" I asked her as I gripped her shoulders tightly.

"I don't know! I helped her with her dress, but she didn't want to come with me to the dance. She seemed fine, but I couldn't help but feel worried! Claude what should we do?!" Hilda nearly shouted at me.

"I'll find her. You stay here and make sure everything else is fine! Don't let anyone else leave the ballroom!" I shouted at her and ran out of the ballroom.

As I was running, I heard two others following me. I closed my eyes and just smiled at them.

"I knew you two would come after me. Thanks for that" I said to them as I opened my eyes to turn my head to both sides to see Byleth and Edelgard.

"We know something is up. You wouldn't have left the ballroom without a good reason. We are ready to go" Byleth said with a strong smile.

"Although I don't find your methods plausible, I know you are up to something. I am sure it is something unique. Regardless, we are friends, so I will help you with this" Edelgard said as she switched her headbands.

"Thanks. Let's do this!" I shouted as we left the ballroom and went to search for Marianne.

(Dimitri's POV)

"I do hope everything will be alright" I whispered to Beresu as we saw them leave.

I saw Byleth nod at his sister.

"Everything's going to be fine. The three of them know how strong the three of us are as well" Beresu reassured me.

I turned my head to her and then at Flayn who was sharing an entire cake with Ignatz. A smile formed on my face as I saw my housemates enjoying themselves. She's right. Everything is going to be just fine.

"Looks like you made a bad bet there, my dear descendant of mine" Joshua said as I turned my head to see some kind of commotion happening near the windows.

Beresu and I walked towards the window to see some kind of figure standing there.

"Who is that?" Flayn asked as she continued to eat her slice of cake and looked out the window.

I saw something flash, and it was coming towards us, fast!

"Sylvain! Dedue! Get everyone away!" I shouted as I pulled Beresu, Flayn, and Ignatz away from the window.

The shiny item hit the window and shattered it! Luckily, Sylvain and Dedue did as I instructed and got away any student near the window.

"What was that?" Ignatz asked nervously as Flayn and Beresu stood up from my hold.

"Aw, you're having a party and didn't invite me. That really hurts! Brother dear!" Bandit shouted as he jumped through the shattered window and landed in the ballroom.

The shiny item that shattered the window was his Sauion. He picked it up and marched right towards his little brother. Sylvain stood in front of Ingrid as Felix held Annette close to him.

"Really? Ingrid you could've picked someone after Glenn. Why him? He's pretty pathetic" Bandit mocked as he looked down on his little brother.

"Just shut up. You have no right to talk about Glenn like that. Glenn was our friend. Also, leave Ingrid out of this. You have no right to talk to her like that either. Whoever she wants to be with is up to her!" Sylvain snapped at his older brother.

His older brother swung his lance upward and swiftly held Sylvain in the air! Sylvain gasped as Ingrid sat up in shock. I turned my attention to Beresu and Flayn who nodded their heads at me. Flayn and I snuck around Sylvain and his brother quietly as Beresu went to her bag. She opened it to take out the box.

"You were the one who ruined everything in our family! You just had to be born and be loved by our parents more than me! How dare you exist when my life was perfect without you?! I should just finish you, right here and now! In front of everyone!" Bandit yelled as I transformed to slam my lance against Sauion to break it in half!

Flayn transformed into Saint and caught Sylvain before he hit the ground. Beresu was the Teacher and threw the handkerchief at Sylvain.

"Thanks for that, Teach! Now, let the Noble take care of his Bandit brother!" Sylvain shouted as he transformed into the Noble.

Felix and Mercedes were not too happy with Bandit for what he was doing to Sylvain. Felix took his badge as Mercedes took her rosery back. The two of them transformed and stood by Teacher's side.

"You talked about Glenn. Prepare to die a painful death" Swordmaster said in a dark tone.

"As an older sibling as myself, I can't let you treat Noble like this. I refuse to let this happen anymore! You stop hurting this insistent!" Mercy said as she stood in front of her little brother, Jertiza.

Bandit scoffed as he raised his lance.

"No worries then! I'll just kill you all right here then!" Bandit shouted as he charged up his lance!

"He's going to kill all of us here if he uses a powerful attack like that in a building like this!" Joshua shouted in my head.

"Give it everything you've got, Dimitri! We can't let him hurt anyone here like that!" Cangdi said seriously.

"R-right! I agree, but what should I do about this?!" I shouted at them in a panic.

I looked at the shattered window and then at Bandit. I got an idea. I could hear Cangdi screaming in my head about how I should not do this while Joshua encouraged me to do this. I ran towards him and then tackled him out of the ballroom through the window! He let out a scream of fright while everyone else just stood there in shock. I heard Beresu call out my name in a panic. The two of us hit the ground and rolled away from each other. I groaned a bit and looked at the twilight sky.

"That was amazing! You really are my descendant for taking risky bets!" Joshua remarked as I stood up and looked to see Bandit picking himself up as well.

"It is not over yet. We have to stay strong and defeat him" I told them as I pointed my lance at him.

"Are you done, Bandit?!" I shouted at him in a low threatening voice.

"Not yet. It is time to test out their new gift they gave me!" Bandit shouted as he pulled a vile out and sniffed the contents in it!

I was horrified to see him transformed into a terrible creature! What is this?! Just then, Saint transported herself, Teacher, Noble, Swordmaster, and Mercy in front of me. Teacher went to my side and helped me up.

"Don't worry, we will face this together" she reassured me with a determined look at her face.

She is right. I stood up and then held my lance. Let's do this together!

(Marianne's POV)

I was walking to the ballroom before Hilda. I wanted to be there before Claude shows up. I didn't want to make him wait on me. He already asked me to the dance, so I should be able to make my way there and wait for him to meet me there.

"Do you really think a wonderful guy like him could ever love someone like you?" a dark voice echoed in my head.

I stopped in my tracks with wide and fearful eyes. Who was there? What are they talking about? I held my hands as I looked for the source of the voice. Where is it? Why is it saying these hurtful words to me?! Why me?!

"You should just leave him alone and find a hole to never crawl out of" the voice echoed in my head loudly.

I was gripping my head in intense pain! What is this?! Why?! I closed my eyes and tried to shake away this voice, but was the voice true? Actually, as I recall, that is how I see myself as well... I'm not that special... I don't have anything unique about myself worth dating.... Why did I think I could do this? Why did I think he could ever love me for me?... I heard something shatter and darkness completely covered my vision as my pendant began to shine.

"Dear child, I am Shouxing. I will grant you the power to prove that you are someone amazing and live on. All you have to do is use my power to show this! Even that gentleman you like will see this side of you" she said kindly.

"Can I really do that with your power? Is that even possible for someone like me? Truly?" I asked in disbelief as I felt the darkness wash over me.

"Of course, it is child. I will be at your side and guide you on the powers you will have!" she said as I felt myself gain height.

My hair was tied into a nice bun and away from my face and neck. I wore a long, fancy blue dress. There was a dark, blue cloak hanging around my chest. My dress was light, blue with a dark, blue longer wave covering it. I had light, blue sleeves flowing along my arms up to my elbows. My pendant was hanging from my neck.

"Even with a power like that, you will only hurt him" the same condescending voice had spoken to me again.

What? Even with this power, I would just hurt him? I don't want to him and my friends at all! I can't do that to them! I can't! I don't want this power! I can't hurt them! I won't do this! I held my head as I screamed in pain.

"Marianne!" Claude shouted as I stopped for moment.

I looked at him. He was standing there with a worried expression on his face. He wasn't along either. Byleth and Edelgard were with him. The two of them transformed while Claude just looked at me. I soon realized where I was. I was on the roof of the ballroom and near the edge. If this power can really hurt Claude and the others, then I should stop myself before I hurt them. I stood up and backed towards the edge.

"Marianne! Don't!" Claude shouted.

"I don't want to hurt you... Nor anyone with this power.... I just thought I could be better... It turns out, I can't even do that. I'm sorry, Claude" I said as I leaned back.

I closed my eyes and let my mind go blank as I fell.

(Ingrid's POV)

I saw Protector and Noble blocking the claw strike coming from that monster. Swordmaster cut the back of it as Teacher cast a powerful light magic to strike the mark Swordmaster created. Then, Saint waved her hands to make light rain down on the monster. Everyone jumped away from their attack and the monster.

"Did that do it?" Noble asked calmly.

"No!" Mercy shouted as she quickly created a powerful shield of light to protect themselves from the roar coming from the monster.

"We need to shut it up!" Swordmaster said annoyed.

"We are open to ideas, Swordmaster. If you have one, we will try it" Noble said calmly.

However, the monster charged towards them and slammed his claws against the shield to shatter it! Teacher and Swordmaster quickly ran away from it as Protector and Noble picked up Mercy and Saint to get away from monster! They just need a little more help! I have to do something!

"You wish to do something about this?" a voice called out to me as I saw light forming around me.

I couldn't lose sight of them, so I started to run forward and jumped through the broken window.

"Yes. Sylvain has been there for me since Glenn died. Dimitri and Felix have been dealing with Glenn's death without me. All I've done is shut them out and not open up to them about my feelings and theirs. It is not a matter of wishing I could do something; I have to do something!" I shouted in my head as light was falling with me.

I transformed as I fell towards the ground.

"Very well, Ingrid. I am Guanyin! I will grant you the power to do what must be done and help your friends, instead of keeping it to yourselves. Now, soar away and help them!" Guanyin shouted as I felt the comb in my hair shine brightly.

"Who is that?" Swordmaster asked as Mercy created another shield of light to protect themselves.

My hair was cut short as a teal ribbon flowed from both sides of my head. I had a teal cape flowing from behind as silver armor appeared to cover my chest. I wore a teal shirt with long sleeves flowing to my wrists. Dark blue gloves appeared on my hands. Long, white pants covered my legs as silver boots appeared. A lance, Luin, appeared in hands as a Pegasus appeared underneath me. I held onto her as it flew in front of the Elites. I held my Luin back as I faced the monster.

"The love of my life! She's the Pegasus!" Noble cheered in delight as I smiled back at him.

"It is nice to have you with us, Pegasus" Protector said with a warm smile.

Mercy clapped her hands as Saint cheered. Teacher nodded her head at me.

"Tch, finally. Glenn would be happy for you" Swordmaster said as he turned his head away from me.

"Now, let's focus on the monster!" Protector shouted as he pointed his lance at it.

"We can't let it roar. If it keeps roaring, it grows stronger!" Saint exclaimed as an idea formed in my head.

"I don't believe I have a right to give orders, but I have an idea" I shouted to them.

"Tell us! We are all ears for you!" Noble said with a wink.

"Saint! Mercy! Can you two use your light magic on the monster to hold him in place?" I asked them.

The two of them nodded as they waved their hands in circular motions to make a strong light surround the monster. The monster roared and rammed his head against their light to break it.

"Hurry, Pegasus! I don't think we can hold him for long!" Mercy exclaimed urgently.

"You won't have to!" I shouted in a reassuring tone as I held my Luin, "Full throttle!"

My Pegasus charged at the monster as I held my Luin. I slammed my Luin against the monster's mouth as it knocked me and my Pegasus back! Noble quickly caught me while my Pegasus vanished into the light.

"Pegasus! Are you ok?!" Noble asked he lightly shook me.

"Well, great. You're plan failed, so much for that" Swordsmaster said with a scoff as he held his sword.

I smirked as I looked up and answered, "Oh, I am fine. However, I don't think that monster is"

Everyone turned their attention to the monster and gasped.

"She locked its mouth open using her lance!" Teacher exclaimed in amazement as the monster's mouth was held open by my lance!

"We've got to take this chance now!" Protector shouted as Noble put me down, so he could rush to help them.

Saint and Mercy dispelled their magic as Protector threw Swordmaster and himself on the back of the monster. Noble jumped on the back as the three of them cut it! Swordmaster slammed his sword into the back of the monster and cut its back straight down as Noble used his lance to cut the back from the left to diagonal while Protector cut the back from right to diagonal. The three of them slide off as I summoned my Pegasus to pick up Teacher and carry her above the monster. Once she was above their mark, she fell back and held her red orb. She dived towards it as she powered up her magic.

"Goodbye!" she shouted as she waved her hands and orb downward to make a powerful beam of light strike the monster down!

He let out a groan before collapsing on the ground. I quickly caught the Teacher before landing us on the ground.

"But, how do we cure my brother?" Noble asked them as Saint stepped forward.

"I believe I can help with that" Saint said calmly.

She stepped forward and placed her hands on the monster. A soft green and purple glow flowed from her hands as the monster slowly let out a growl and changed back into Bandit and then Miklan. I picked up my lance as Noble approached him. Before he could take his item and talk to him, someone threw a dagger at him to stop him in his tracks!

"Who's there?!" Protector shouted as he held his lance to search for the enemy.

However, a wave of darkness washed over Miklan and was taken away from them. Where did he go? We transformed back and turned to each other. We heard a cry of approval and cheers together coming from the ballroom. We return to the ballroom to enjoy the rest of night together as Sylvain, Felix, Mercedes, and I returned out items back to the Elites.

"Hey, thank you" Sylvain said with a smile on his face as he took my hand in his.

"No, I should be thanking you, Felix, and Dimitri for everything you've done for me. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my chest. Thank you" I said as a bright smile finally appeared on my face.

Sylvain was surprised and then laughed in delight.

"You should smile more! You look beautiful" Sylvain said as he took my hand and began to dance with me.

Hey, Glenn, are you seeing this? Felix is finally with someone and opened up to us again. Sylvain helped me through this, and we are still together. You don't have to worry about me either. I'll be ok. Thank you for watching over me, now please rest and look at us in the sky with awe and joy.

(Claude's POV)

"She's going to kill herself!" Huangdi shouted in disbelief.

"What is he thinking?!" Innes shouted in my head as I just ran towards her.

"Claude wait!" Emperor shouted as Professor stopped her for running after me.

I jumped off the edge and reached my hand out to the falling Marianne. She's still unconscious, damnit! I transformed as I took her hand and pulled her close to me. My wyvern appeared near the ground as I carefully landed on him and held Marianne bridal style. She's still breathing. What a relief.

"Schemer!" Professor shouted as he swung down from the roof and holding Emperor close to him.

He gently put her on the ground and then himself.

"Is she ok?" Emperor asked with concern in her voice.

"She has a pulse. She's fine" I said calmly until I turned away from them with anger in my voice, "Hey! You! I don't know who you are, but you're clearly not going to get away with this! Driving someone I love to suicide is NOT ok! So, instead of hiding like the coward you are, I'll make you come out and face US!"

I summoned my bow in my right hand and drew an arrow back as I held Marianne. The arrow began to shine brightly as light gathered around it! I released the arrow to light the way towards the real attacker! Professor lunged his sword at the real attacker and tied him up. Professor then pulled him towards us. I couldn't believe it! It was Tomas!

"What is this?" I asked in disbelief as I saw him.

"Tomas. He works for Those Who Slither in the Dark. He's their scientist... The one who performed those ghastly experiments on me and Lysithea" Emperor explained as her axe burst into flames, "He'll pay!"

In a flash of fire, she charged at him and slammed her axe against his dark shield. The flames grew brighter to reveal Tomas's changing form into a ghastly old man wearing dark robes!

"Ah, so you've revealed that secret now, Edelgard" he smirked at her as he casted her and Professor away from him, "Also, I should clarify something, I am not Tomas. I killed that librarian years ago. I am Solon!"

Dark magic formed around him as I had my wyvern pick up Emperor. Professor swung his sword to have it tie around my wyvern's tail.

"Why are we fleeing?!" Emperor shouted annoyed.

"Not so much as retreating! It is a tactical fall back!" I shouted at her as my wyvern avoided Solon's dark spears, "I don't know how long we can avoid those spears! Anyone got an idea!"

Professor looked back at Solon and saw an incoming dark spear heading towards his sword and the wyvern. He pulled his sword back and fell towards Solon!

"Professor!" Emperor and I shouted as he continued to fall and avoid the dark spear that could've hit my wyvern and his sword.

He shined a light blue and green lights as he held his sword and slammed it against the dark shield protecting Solon!

"You really think you can stop me! Not like this!" Solon mocked as dark chains wrapped around Professor and forced him to the ground.

The dark chains began to slowly drain away his energy. He was looking very weak!

"Schemer! Look!" Emperor shouted as I saw what she was seeing.

Professor was able to form a tiny crack on the dark shield! Emperor held her axe as the fire began to stir up again.

"Schemer get me close! I think I can break it!" she shouted at me.

"Got it!" I replied as my wyvern flew towards Solon.

My wyvern dropped her above him as Emperor raised her axe as it burst into flames! My wyvern flew above them as Emperor slammed her flaming axe against the crack! Solon gasped as the crack grew bigger! She smirked until it faded once the dark chains gathered around her wrists, waist, and legs! She was pulled to the ground and losing her energy! Shoot! This isn't good! How am I going to save them and stop Solon?!

"Claude?" a weak voice called out to me.

I looked in my arms to see Marianne stirring! She's ok! Well, she was alive but shaking.

"I can't believe I almost did that... Oh gods..." she panicked as I held her close.

"It's ok. I'm here. I won't leave you alone like that ever. I'll be here for you" I whispered to her over and over to calm her down as best as I could.

Once she stopped shaking and somewhat collected herself, she looked at the situation we were in.

"Can't we do anything to help them?" Marianne asked worriedly.

"I'm trying to think of something. I don't know what to do exactly. I know my arrows have finally powered up, but I don't know if it will be strong enough to piercing the shield and strike Solon down" I informed her.

She gasped as she turned to the hilt hanging around her waist to pull out a shiny sword.

"What if I can strike him down?" she asked me nervously.

"Can you handle that?" I asked her surprised as I gently held her hands, "You don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable doing"

"I know, but I want to help you. I want to be of some use to you, Schemer. You actually helped me a great deal, more than you. So, please let me help you" Marianne said determinedly as she lightly gripped my hands in response.

"Alright!" I said as I flashed her a smile, "Then, stay behind me as I draw my arrow back. Once I released it, you'll have to jump and strike him. Can you do that?"

She nodded her head as we stood up. She held her sword as I drew my arrow back and held my bow.

"Time for you to eat it, Solon! You're going to get it now!" I declared as my wyvern charged at Solon full steam ahead!

My arrow grew stronger as light and earth gathered around the tip of it. Marianne held her sword as we were getting closer to Solon. I released my arrow as Marianne jumped up and raised her sword. Solon was shocked as my arrow pierced his shield.

"How?!" he shouted as he was caught off guard.

Marianne let out a yell and slice Solon's right side! He growled in pain as I pulled her back on my wyvern. His magic faded as Professor and Emperor broke free from the dark chains holding them! We rejoined them as Solon held his right arm. Marianne's sword was so strong that she made him bleed!

"I'll be back... I'll kill you, Schemer! Mark my words! You will die! I'll make sure of it!" Solon shouted as he melted away into the darkness.

Professor and Emperor transformed back to themselves and relaxed. I helped Marianne off my wyvern as I thanked her for her help. She blushed as she then took her pendent off and gave it to me.

"Thank you, Claude. You really are amazing" she said to me with a blushing face and smile.

"Hey, you helped out to, Survivor. You survived through this with our help. Now, let me be your dashing prince and escort you to the ballroom to spend the rest of the night with a beautiful princess!" I said as I pulled her close and transformed back into myself.

She let out a gasp as she looked up at me with a shocked expression. I pressed a kiss on her forehead as she smiled. I saw a flash. We both jumped and turned to see Byleth holding his phone and Edelgard walking back to the ballroom. Eh, I'll get him for it tomorrow. I turned back to Marianne and smiled at her.

"You night of dreams awaits, Marianne" I said to her as she smiled and held my hand.

We both made our way back to the ballroom to dance the night away together.

(Byleth's POV)

Everyone returned to the ballroom. Although it was damaged, we still managed to have a wonderful time together. My sister danced with Dimitri for the whole night along with Sylvain and Ingrid. Flayn and Ignatz were sharing their cake together before sharing a dance.

"Are you doing ok?" Dorothea asked me as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. Just very content with everything" I answered her as I smiled.

She looked up at me, tapped my nose, and pointed out, "You are more than happy, Byleth. Come on, let's join them"

She then took my hand and pulled me after her to the dance floor. I leaned my head against her as I held her close. Yes, I am very happy right now. I took a quick to see Claude holding Marianne close and swaying with her in content. This is just nice. The dance did come to end. The guys and I dropped off our ladies in their respective dorms. Hilda reassured Claude that she would be staying with Marianne to make sure she is safe and not alone. However, Claude informed her that he would be staying at Lorenz's dorm, which was much closer to theirs, just in case Marianne needed anything from him. Dimitri, Edelgard, and Flayn returned to their rooms to rest for the rest of the night. However, when Beresu and I arrived at our house, we saw our father drinking coffee and reading a book.

"Oh, how was the dance? Did you two have fun?" he asked with a warm smile.

My twin and I embraced him warmly as he chuckled at us. Our father was back from his conference! Before my twin and I could say anything about the dance, we heard a door creek open. We turned our attention to see Sothis awake. She rubbed her eyes and yawned at us.

"What happened at the dance?" she asked as she looked at us tiredly.

(Flayn's POV)

After a lovely time, dancing with Ignatz and the rest of my friends, the marketplace is open! The marketplace allows students, faculty and others to come in and sell things! It is so nice to see! I can't wait to show Lyon this place as well! However, it looks like peace is never here! How frustrating! Well, let us go and handle this Lyon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 406 10
Through questionable occurences, you get brought to FΓ³dlan. There you're able to use your nerd knowledge to help its people and maybe woo some cute b...
201 0 14
A young boy with a strange demeanor suddenly finds himself dealing with a beautiful green haired girl stuck in his mind. She doesn't remember much of...
43K 814 26
Hello and welcome to my pit of boredom - Part Two!! I love all the people that supported me during the making of my first book, and I really hope thi...
9.2K 317 66
Fire Emblem Three Houses AU Story: What if Sothis was with Byleth since their childhood days? "If only I could touch the stars." Born sick since da...