Bride In Blue

By shree_storyteller

An impulsive decision along with a sinister idea was enough to create a mess. The mess was big enough to turn... More

Trailer
Character Sketch And Cast
CH 2 || Tickets To Give Away Freedom
CH 3 || The Mistake
CH 4 || Worst Was Yet To Come
CH 5 || Just A Trailer
CH 6 || Married To A Stranger
CH 7 || Bride In Blue
CH 8 || Take A Step
CH 9 || Sleepless Mind
CH 10 || Anvi 2.0
CH 11 || Piece Of Advice
CH 12 || Rules
CH 13 || Stuck In A Quagmire
CH 14 || Perpetrator
CH 15 || Loser
CH 16 || Overlook The Guilt Of The Past
CH 17 || Uncanny Encounter
CH 18 || Trust
CH 19 || Twice is a pattern
CH 20 || Facade Of Strength
CH 21 || Mistake
CH 22 || The One In Red
CH 23 || The Game
CH 24 || The Real Impediments
CH 25 || The Trap
CH 26 || His Eternal Love
CH 27 || Rage
CH 28 || Anything But Peaceful
CH 29 || Brink Of Betrayal
CH 30 || Unforeseeable Future
CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable
CH 32 || Heiress
CH 33 || Period Of Intense Melancholy
CH 34 || Either Sister or Mister
Epilogue || A Wounded Lion
Last Author's Note

CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns

7.2K 301 82
By shree_storyteller

Anvi

******

The hairdresser was busy doing my hair while the beautician was dolling me up for something I was not ready for. After they were done all of them left saying I was looking like a princess.
I chuckled thinking a princess is never treated as a slave. Standing in front of the mirror I looked at my reflection.

Indeed, I was looking like a princess. I couldn't even recognize myself. Is that really me I thought.
My fingers touched the mirror to check if it was my reflection or just another illusion.
I wish it was. I wish it was all an illusion, a dreadful nightmare, but it wasn't. To my satisfaction, I tried closing and opening my eyes numerous times thinking I might wake up but it only brought disappointment.

If I would have not received that call, I would not have been standing here dressed in a bridal attire ready to marry an unknown stranger.

It all started one week back and I regret receiving that call.

******FLASHBACK ******

I was just about to enter the cafe when my gaze fell upon him. He was wearing the same red shirt he used to wear every day and as always his face was covered. It's been more than a week since I found that I am always being followed by someone. I would have caught him last night if not for that road accident. Anyways, the main concern here is who is he? And why is he following me?He was saved last night bot not today, I will catch him today anyhow. You don't know whom you are messing up with Mr. Stalker. I started walking in his direction and he got startled. Composing himself he started running away.

I picked up my pace and started running behind him.

"Wait!" I yelled but he was really fast. Soon after I stopped to catch a breath.

"Anvi, move."

"Di, move."

I heard my brothers.

Wait! How did they come here? And when? I thought that I was listening to voices but when I turned around they were really there. They were pointing at my left and when I looked at what they were pointing at I found a truck coming in my direction.

As I was about to move back someone held my hand. He was the same guy I was chasing a few minutes ago.

"Leave me. Do you want me to die?" he nodded at me making me surprised.

I was wiggling in his hold but he didn't leave my hand. In the process, I uncovered his face and found that he had no face, instead of a face he had a red journal.

I heard the loud honk of the truck and closed my eyes in fear and soon enough I was in the air.When I landed on the ground I felt numb and had difficulty breathing.

Is it the end, I thought.

******

"Anvi." I heard a vaguely familiar voice. It was not the voice of any of my brothers.

"Anvi." someone shouted shaking me vigorously and I opened my eyes slowly only to find a scared Niharika looking at me.

Niharika is my roommate as well as my only friend.

"Damn you scared me, girl," she said.

Wow! I should be the one who should say it.

"Shouldn't I be the to say it?" I asked sitting up on the bed.

"You were hyperventilating in sleep, I got scared looking at you like that," she said.

"Chill sweetheart, I am not gonna die this soon." I winked at her after that.

Rolling her eyes at me she said, "yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Why are you ready this early?" I asked looking at her attire as she was ready in her formals.

"It's already 8, sweetie, and I am leaving for office."

"What?" I yelled in shock. I had to go a

nd meet my cousin. She will kill me if I reach late.

"Geez! Woman, stop shouting."

I was rushing here and there in search of my clothes. I am clumsy while Niharika is totally contradictory, always an organizer.

After raiding my cupboard for a good 10 minutes I found a perfect outfit. Niharika left for her work informing me that she had kept breakfast for me.

I got ready as fast as I can and ate breakfast in a hurry and ran out after closing the gate. I had to compose myself after being out of the house as I don't like to gather unwanted attention. Introvert traits you can say.

I drove towards the Keepers Cafe where Vritti must be waiting for me to kill me for sure. Vritti is my cousin, my Maasi's daughter. Well her name was Vidya but she changed her name and the reason is still unknown to me. I went inside the cafe and I saw she was smiling looking at her phone. She frowned the moment she laid her eyes on me. I am so dead.

After taking deep breathes I went towards her and sheepishly smiling at her I said, "Hi."

"Bye," she said and got up from her seat. Holding her hand I pulled her back to her seat and apologized,"I am sorry."

"Di, I have been waiting for you for the last half an hour."

"I am sorry, I didn't hear my alarm. I was working late last night."

"Are you working on another romance novel?" Only the novels can save me as she is crazy about romance novels.

"yes."

"What is it about?" I could see her getting curious. Come on Anvi, this is your only chance otherwise she will eat you up.

Making a sad face I asked, "But you were angry at me?"

"Well, I still am but can forgive you if you will tell me the story of your new novel."

Wait! Did I tell you guys about myself?

I am Anvi Shekhar, a struggling author who works at a publishing house despite having her own family business. I always wanted to work in my family business but couldn't. I was ordered to leave India after school. Yes, ordered by none other than my mother. I fought but had to give up at the end and since then I have stopped asking for my rights.

"Di." Vritti shook me.

"Yeah, what?"

Rolling her eyes at me she said, "You keep zoning out."

"Sorry."

"Fine." Both of us ordered our favourite coffee and then I asked,"What was the reason to call me here?"

"Mom had sent something for you so here it is," she said showing me a package. Maasi did mention overcall that she had sent a package for me but I didn't have an idea of what is it.

"Ok, then you should have called me somewhere else why here?"

"Because of him," she said pointing at the guy. I frowned when I looked at who she was pointing at.

"Vritti, he is a Barista here."

"So what? He is too cute."

"Cute my foot. He seems fake to me." A smile is always plastered on his face. Looking at him I can definitely say that this guy doesn't seem like the one he appears in front of others. I have seen him wooing girls with his charms, I mean fake charms. What's so good in him?

"Damn Di, you have become too judgy. I think he is really sweet."

Narrowing my eyes at her I asked, "Do you like him?"

"What? No. I just adore him." I don't know why but this guy doesn't seem good news to me.How can someone smile 24*7? I mean my cheeks start hurting when I smile even for an hour.

"He is a gold digger," I said.

"Gold digger? And him?" Vritti asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I have seen her with a lot of rich girls you know."

"They can be his friends."

"I don't think so." He is a barista and he hangs out with rich girls so I was sure that he is behind rich girls and I hate guys like them.

"Di, I think you are just being jud...." Vritti had to stop when my phone started ringing.

As I looked at the caller id my face fell. I couldn't argue in the morning so I cut the call. The phone started ringing again and I had to keep it on silent to avoid the looks of other customers in the cafe because of the shrill sound of my ringtone. My ringtone is kinda embarrassing you know.

Suppressing her laugh Vritti asked, "Why don't you change your ringtone?"

"I would love to but then I will not be able to hear it."

"By the way whose call you are ignoring?"

"You know very well."

"It's someone from the family?" she asked while I nodded in response. I didn't have that good relationship with my family members now and I try to avoid every possible conversation or encounter. My father's distant cousin's daughter Ahana is getting married soon and everyone wants me to attend but I don't want to. That girl had made my life hell in the past and I hate her for that but the thing is I can't even blame her because my own family believes her more than me.

Everyone from the family has been calling me for the last 5 days so that I can go and attend her wedding. Actually what they really want is to meet me as I have not gone to India for the last 3 years.

"I think you should come with me Di."

"After knowing what Ahana did to me, you still want me to attend her wedding?"

"Not for her Di, for Arpit and Adhayan Bhaiya, for Uncle and Aunty for grandpa and granny and most importantly for Maasi. I know she never tells you but she really misses you."

"Yeah exactly and that's why she sent me away from her and never really calls me." Mom rarely calls me and whenever she does then our conversation never ends well.

"Di..." Cutting off her in mid I said,"I need to go Vritti. I am getting late for work." I got up, took the package, paid the bill, and left without even listening to my sister. This is a sensitive topic to me and I will not like anyone to talk to me about it.

After booking a cab I went to the publishing house where I work as an editor. Greeting my colleagues I started to work. My phone keeps ringing which is right now irritating me like hell.

It was my younger cousin brother Arpit and I decided to pick it up and give him a good scolding.Picking up the phone and without even listening to him I yelled,"What's wrong with you Arpit? I am in the office for God's sake. You c...."

I stopped when I heard a familiar voice which I was not expecting at all.

"Anvi."

"Mom."

I checked the caller id again and it was Arpit's number for sure. I was listening to her voice after 5 months.

"I should call you later, you seem busy to me."

I was busy but at the same time, I wanted to talk to her. No matter how much I say that I hate her, deep down I know that isn't the case.

"No. I am not busy."

"Good. Beta, I know you have a pretty busy life there but come to India this time. Your brothers, grandparents everyone is missing you."

"And you?" I asked and regretted it later on when she diverted the topic.

"Sudhir Uncle is your dad's best friend and his cousin too. He misses you too. Don't disappoint your dad at least." and there she played my dead dad's card. Whenever I think my mother is not selfish she proves me wrong every damn time.

Not getting any reply from me she said," I hope you don't disappoint your family this time." she said and cut the call without waiting for my reply. Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes anytime.

Disappointment? I don't remember when did I ever disappoint my family?I decided to go to the wedding not because of those harsh words my mother used on me but because of my father. I wish he could be alive. But life is not a bed of roses you know. For me, it's a carpet of thorns.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 9.6K 56
*𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯* The whole world had stopped for them and all they could hear was their racing heartbeats after all they were in each o...
43.1K 1.7K 29
"Meera... Meera... do you know how much days I have waited for you? How many nights I've desired to be near you, coddle you with my care, pamper you...
118K 7K 47
Sitting before the mirror on her wedding day, adorned with the red bridal attire, Zoya, Delhi's one of the most renowned Gynecologist couldn't feign...
16.9K 856 24
Status ~ Ongoing THE SAGA OF LOVE ~ Falling for someone unexpectedly & passionately. ________________________________________ Hey Sunshines 🌻 This...