Vampires Rule // Colby Brock

By FanOfColbyNOTACreep

~~ Unrealistic fanfiction ~~ At the age of 21, Lydia Drake has a lot going for her. Moving to LA to be with h... More

|~1~|
|~2~|
|~3~|
|~4~|
|~5~|
|~6~|
|~7~|
|~8~|
|~9~|
|~10~|
|~11~|
|~12~|
|~13~|
|~14~|
|~15~|
|~16~|
|~17~|
|~18~|
|~19~|
|~20~|
|~21~|
|~22~|
|~23~|
|~24~|
|~25~|
|~26~|
|~27~|
|~28~|
|~29~|
|~30~|
|~31~|
|~32~|
|~33~|
|~34~|
|~36~|
|~37~|
|~38~|
|~39~|
|~40~|
|~41~|
|~42~|
|~43~|
Sequel CHANGES
~| 44 |~
~| 45 |~
~| 46 |~
~| 47 |~
~| 48 |~
~| 49 |~
~| 50 |~
~| 51 |~
~| 52 |~
~| 53 |~
~| 54 |~
~| 55 |~
~| 56 |~
~| 57 |~

|~35~|

2.8K 52 9
By FanOfColbyNOTACreep

I walk downstairs the next morning dressed for work only to see a woman sitting on the couch in the living room. Not just any woman; Tara. She looks tired as she just sits there and stares at her hands. I quickly rush to her, sitting down with my arms around her shoulders. She lets me but also doesn't say anything.

"Did Jake talk to you?" I ask her gently, rubbing my hand up and down her arm. She just barely nods. "And what has your reaction been?"

"It's a lot to learn, Lydia. There's an entire species out there we don't even know about. Vampires! And witches! My boyfriend is a vampire, my best friend is a witch, I wear vervaine."

"I know." I lean my forehead against the side of her head and squeeze her arm. "Do you love Jake?"

"Too much. But I don't know how to handle this." She looks at me desperately, her eyes glossed over with tears and her bottom lip sticking out a little. "How did you?"

"I just realised that I'd seen clues this whole time. And . . . well, I love Colby. It kinda just trumped everything else." If she was upset before, she's even more upset now. She lets out a humourless laugh.

"The one who doesn't believe in love is in love."

"I know. Honestly, I haven't even thought about that for a little while . . . Tara?" She glances at me. "I love you, too." The way her face lights up brightens my day instantly. She hasn't gotten over the huge life-changing secret she's been told but for now, I can distract her.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna hug Colby the next time I see him. Finally! It's only taken you years." I laugh, pulling back from her. "I'm coming with you to work, we have to talk about this." She grabs my hand and drags me up from the couch. I have no choice as I'm pulled out the house altogether.

After a little carpool and chatting the whole time about Colby and Jake, Tara and I break up at the bar. She sits at a table while I go behind the counter. I won't be singing or playing guitar for a little while today . . .

**********

Tara has stayed with me at the bar all day. She's even helped me tend to the bar when it got really busy all of a sudden. I appreciate her help and her company a lot, so I gave her a hug before we got into the car.

Right now, we're walking up the front steps of the house. I can't wait to see Tara hug Colby, which she's talked about all day. She said that anyone who could make me believe in love deserves more than just a hug, but since he is my boyfriend and she has one of her own, she says a hug is all he's getting.

Speaking of Jake, I see him instantly when we step inside. He looks desperate as he stares at me, then Tara. I give him a reassuring smile. Another thing I established today: everything's going to be alright. If Tara trusts her vampire boyfriend, she's going to be fine. And she agrees with me that she loves him too much.

"Let's talk." I hear her say, disappearing up the stairs. I watch them for a moment, making sure she isn't going to back out, then go to turn. Something stops me. More specifically, arms wrap around my waist from behind and a face buries into my neck.

"Hi, Colby." I say with a smile, turning my head. He lifts his and instantly connects our lips. Naturally, I turn around to properly face him and stand on my toes to get closer. One of his hands slides onto the back of my thigh, then goes a little higher, and his other rests innocently on my waist.

When his palm flattens against my skin and his fingers reach even more dangerous territory, I let out a small gasp and pull away. Our eyes meet. All I want to do right now is go upstairs with him, but I'm not sure if I wanna do that yet. Not truly. It's just the mood and the hand . . . and his sexiness.

"Certainly one way to say hi." I laugh nervously, kiss him again for barely a second, then take his hand. He smirks at me and bends down some to whisper into my ear. Even though he's so close, I can only just about hear him.

"I can smell it when you feel like that." My cheeks heat up instantly and my body almost shuts down. I feel my heart racing way too fast and my knees getting weak. "And so can they." He adds, nodding his head to the garage. My cheeks inflame even more.

"I hate you." He grins and walks away, leaving me there against the counter needing . . . something. I lean my head back against the wall, sighing. "You're so paying for this." I mumble, hoping he'll hear it.

Just as I go to face the hoard of evil, teasing vampires, I notice movement in the corner of my eye. Then I hear Tara's clunky boots' footsteps. She and Jake are smiling pretty widely until she sees me, and the smile gets wider. Jake speeds passed me while she runs forward.

"We're okay!" She tells me excitedly. "And now my boyfriend's a vampire."

"Yeah? Mine's a little bitch who's gonna die if he's not careful!" My voice raises towards the end and I hear some laughing from the garage. Tara looks at me curiously.

"What did he— actually, where is said boyfriend?" What Tara's been talking about all day flashes in my mind.

"Garage." Since Tara almost runs, I move quickly to follow. I get there just in time to see her suddenly forcibly wrap her arms around him. The expression on his face is a mixture of uncomfortable, confused, uncomfortable, and confused. I laugh uncontrollably, covering my mouth so that it's not too loud. "That's fucking priceless." I say as Tara pulls back.

"It's just a hug, Colby. You'll survive." She jokes, sitting down on Jake's lap. By the look on his face, I figure that he knows what's just happened. Everyone else is clueless, though, just like Colby himself.

"What for?" Kevin questions, looking between Tara and I curiously. Uh oh. She's going to tell them because she has no filter. And now it's become a little embarrassing to me too. I sit down as Tara opens her mouth to speak.

"She finally believes in love because of him." Tara answers. My cheeks instantly get hot. "Isn't That right, Lydia?" I glare at her while she just grins back.

"I guess that kind of explains the hug." Sam chuckles. I notice that he and Kat are particularly close today . . . and then I see the small bite mark on her neck. Oh. Well . . . I wonder if Colby's going to expect me to let him feed on me one day. It felt horrible when those other vampires—including Annalise—bit me so I don't see how it could be any different just because he's my boyfriend or because I allow it.

I'm so distracted that I don't hear anyone speaking to me until my shoulder is gently nudged. I glance at Colby, who nods towards Corey and Devyn. When I look at them, I realise it's just Devyn trying to get my attention.

"Sorry. I just wanted to know . . . um . . . actually, can we talk upstairs?" Her eyes flick around the room of vampires who can hear us. I slowly nod, following her out of the garage then up into her bedroom. Her and Corey's actually, and it's absolutely massive. We sit down on her bed. "Have you and Colby . . . you know, yet?"

"Have we . . . ?"

"Slept together?" My mouth opens then snaps shut again. I decide to shake my head in case it's not just the word no that comes out. "I just want to say something. It'll be really intense the first time, trust me. But it's also absolutely amazing. The second time it happens, you'll probably get used to it and the third will also be fine."

"What do you mean by intense?" I ask in confusion.

"Well, you'll build an emotional connection like no other before. If you think you're in love now, just wait. Then you'll be so far in you won't be able to get out." She smiles, taking my hand gently in hers. "And I know you had a bad experience with some vampire bites but I promise you, if you let Colby feed on you, it'll be nothing like that."

"I . . . I'm just not comfortable."

"I'm just putting in a good word." Devyn smiles, pointing to her neck. "I've been letting Corey feed on me for a very long time and it's never really hurt. Maybe the first time, a tiny bit, but it's sort of like losing your virginity. Hurts then the pain is gone. I don't want to spoil too much for you." She grins and stands up, holding out a hand.

"Well, thanks I guess." I awkwardly smile and stand without her help but take her hand after. She pulls me back out of the room and down the stairs. Strangely enough, I feel a little bit better about the idea of both of those things now, but it's going to take a lot to convince me to let Colby bite me.

After a good few hours in the garage, I'm exhausted. I need a long sleep. I'm literally falling asleep where I somewhat lie on Colby; my head on his chest, his arm around me. It's hard not to fall asleep when I'm with him like that. But I bring myself back and I get up to leave.

The moment I sit down on Colby's bed, I feel something rush right through me. It's a mixture of energy and exhaustion. The light flickers above my head then something flies out of the closet and lands in my hand. As if I've summoned it. I stare down at the shirt I was wearing when I encountered Annalise the first time and those black eyes of hers flash through my head.

It takes a moment for me to repress that memory. I don't want to think about it. Those eyes still scare me a little and no matter how many times I remind myself that Colby has them and that he's not a threat, I remember the bites. What a fucked up situation.

Wait . . . I just made something fly to me by accident. My eyes flick up to the closet and my eyebrows furrow slightly. I stare at the door, willing it to close. As stupid as it sounds, I want to know how this witch thing works since no one's able to explain it to me. The more I stare, the more I begin to feel this surge of power through my bones. Until finally, the door slams shut.

I did it. I used my power.

Tom (you will find out who he is soon enough)
"She's getting her power." Annalise growls as she throws a table across the room. It shatters into a million pieces, falling to the floor. I lower my hand from her head, stopping the vision.

"She hasn't been taught like I have, An. She'll be no match for us." I reassure her as I place my hand on her shoulder but she bats me away and stands, pacing back and forth in front of me.

"Don't you see?! Something will happen, I can feel it in my bones."

"You're the most powerful vampire out there right now. Why don't you just kill her?" I ask in exasperation. All of our problems would go away if she just died. Or if Annalise just forgot about her, but that won't happen.

"She needs to know the truth first. She's powerful too, and you know that. She could become your coven. It's almost destined anyway." I give her a look and she rolls her eyes. "You know I love you, Tom, but you must understand that I need you for your abilities too. And you two together . . . no one would stand a chance."

"Your plan will not work if you keep going after her friends. Get her back here, tell her the truth, and maybe she'll join on her own freewill."

An just shakes her head. "Colby is her soulmate. She won't leave him for us."

"Take him out of the picture." I suggest. Annalise stops and stares at me with a small frown on her face.

"You mean kill him?" She asks almost silently.

"Yes. You'll have to weaken him a little first and his friends are the way to do that."

"Pick off his friends . . . he'll become easily vulnerable. Yes, yes! See! This is why I love you." She gives me a kiss on the cheek then flops down on our bed. I smile to myself, looking at her.

"I know, An, I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 76 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
11.5K 451 15
(A WDYLY REWRITE) ❝king of my heart━━body and soul.❞ β•°β”ˆβž€ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ π‚πŽπ‹ππ˜ ππ‘πŽπ‚πŠ 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπˆπƒπ’π“ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇...
1.3M 30.3K 200
this story does contain mature scenes. sex, violence, language, drug use, etc. please do not read if you are sensitive to this If you've been reading...
36.9K 424 34
Heyo! So this is my first story! So sorry if it sucks. Basically it's about this girl who moves to LA for reasons (you will find out later) and she w...