Steven Universe: The Return...

By Marcos_17A

It's been about a year since Steven embarked on a journey of self-discovery across the country, also since he... More

【IMPORTANT NOTICE】
1. The Return
2. Relaxing Day
3. Attack On Homeworld
4. Tagged
5. Scold
6. Gems Out
7. Problems
8. Pink Again
9. Revelation
10. It's Your Fault
11. Unexpected Call
12. Let's Go To Homeworld
13. Other Matters
14. Gems Rejuvenation
15. New Era
17. Scars
18. Escape Attempt
19. I'll Be Back
20. A Plan Is Needed
21. Rules
22. To Each Their Own Plans
23. The Best Opportunity
24. Here We Are
25. The Rescue
26. Classic Drama
27. Independence
28. Wrong Way
29. Made Of Love
30. Found Out
31. Water Fight
32. Failed Attempt
33. Her Bad Experiences
34. Quartz Battle
35. Stubborn
36. Retreat
37. Communication Cut Off.
38. They Know Everything
39. Can't Bear It Anymore
40. Unwind
41. Just Around The Corner
42. Head On
43. Taking Risks
44. Stealth
45. Bring Up The Rear
46. A Matter Of Time
47. Free Fall
48. Last Resort
49. Presence
50. Out Of Hand
51. Pressure
52- Destruction
53- Brute Strength
54- Past Pains
55- One More Piece
56. Alone No More
57. See You Never
58. Different Circumstances
59. Hassle
60- Bad Friends
61- Can't Forget
62- Diamond Power
63- The Past Is Past
64- Don't Leave Me
65- Dawn On
66- Where Is She?
67- Save Gems
68- It's Getting Away
69- Under Control
70- Worthless
71- Perfection
72. Flaws
73. Trust
74. The Perfect Diamond
75. Human Being
76. The End Light
77. Stroke Of Luck
78- In Need Of Help
79- We'll Not Abandon You
80- Together 'Till The End
81- Just A Distraction
82- Regret
83- The Incinerator
84- End Of The Line
85- Steven Falls
86- My Other Self
87- Misused
88- Self-Love
89- What Happened To Them?
90- Is Everything Fine?
91- Freedom
92- Conclusion
93- New Changes
94- Second Chance
95- Good Progress
96- Irredeemable?
97- Sooner Or Later
98- What Should I Do?
99- So We Can Be Together
100- In The Future
THANK YOU FOR READING

16. Outburst

533 12 2
By Marcos_17A

Holly Blue Agate: *chuckles* Best of all, those Gems you once called "friends" will be the lucky ones to end your pitiful life, I hope you're prepared, Steven Universe!

Steven: Tch... *turns to Jasper* I'll bring back the memories of my friends, or at least I'll try. Do you think you alone can handle the rest of the Gems?

Jasper: How can you question it, my Diamond? Of course I can! This a piece of dirt for me.

Steven: This is a "piece of cake" you mean, don't you?

Jasper: Piece of what? Bah, whatever, these Gems are just wimps compared to me, they all lack what a real Quartz should have; they're nothing but the shame of our kind.

Holly Blue Agate: My, my, looks like our fellow Quartz's ego is sky high, doesn't it? What a jerk, getting cocky in front of us, how pitiful.

Jasper: *angered* Why you...!

Holly Blue Agate: What's wrong? Did what I said bother you? Don't tell me you haven't noticed yet? *chuckles* Just because you're Steven's lapdog you think you're better than everyone else? Well let me tell you, you're not even remotely better than any of these pathetic Gems! You're just another run-of-the-mill Quartz!

Jasper: Ha! You obviously don't know a damn thing about me, otherwise you'd know that I AM NOT just another run-of-the-mill Quartz!

Holly Blue Agate: *rolls her eyes* Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, you dirty little Quartz.

Jasper: I must admit, rejuvenating these Gems was a pretty good move, you practically have a entire army molded to your liking; however, that can also be a double-edged sword.

Steven: What do you mean?

Jasper: It's a no-brainer if you look at it this way - when you rejuvenate a Gem, you not only wipe her memories, but also all her battle experiences and previous training.

Steven: Jasper, that's a very good point, I don't know how I hadn't figured that out! I lost all the powers I had worked so hard to master the moment Spinel hit me with the Gem Rejuvenator, I was as powerless again as when I was a kid! Something similar must've happened to them then!!

Jasper: Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a little slow on the uptake sometimes, my Diamond.

Steven: Pardon?

Holly Blue Agate: So you figured it all out, huh? Pretty impressive for a Quartz, I'll give you that. No use knowing that, though. You're outnumbered!

Jasper: Ha! You think that scares me? I used to fight whole armies in the Gem War! And I don't think an army of pure rookie Gems is a big deal, it might even backfire on you. I wouldn't be surprised at all, I only see a bunch of puny Gems here.

Holly Blue Agate: ...

Jasper: An army based on rejuvenated Gems doesn't seem very practical to me, I mean, what's the point of having a bunch of brainwashed, loyal soldiers if they're all rookies and wimps? It doesn't! Unless your entire army is made up of prodigy Gems who were born with great power, such as Lapis or myself. I highly doubt that's the case, am I right? *she asked in a mocking tone*

Holly Blue Agate: You little piece of...

Jasper: *thinking to herself* Still, I'm concerned that they've rejuvenated Lapis, she's never trained and yet she single-handedly can destroy an entire planet without the slightest effort in a matter of seconds; she's a monster. I honestly wouldn't want to have to face her again. Lucky she's not here, even if she were, pretty sure my Diamond can beat her with ease, right?

Holly Blue Agate: Yes, maybe everything you've said is true, but... You don't have limitless stamina, you'll get tired eventually!! Everybody, get 'em!!!

[Back to back, Steven and Jasper take on a fighting stance as the enemy Gems charge at them.]

Jasper: *excited* Hahaha! This is gonna be fun!

Steven: Jasper, don't hurt them; just try to stop them!

Jasper: You got nothin' to worry about, I won't hurt them... too much.

[Jasper charges up a spin-dash and rolls straight into the bunch of Gems, crashing into them like bowling pins and knocking them over.]

【Meanwhile.】

[Steven tries to talk to Garnet and make her remember who she really is, but she only seeks to engage him in combat.]

Steven: Garnet, please remember who you are!

[Steven is seen easily dodging Garnet's constant punches.]

Steven: Remember that your fusion is the manifestation of love that Ruby and Sapphire feel for each oth--

[Steven gets punched in the cheek by Garnet.]

Steven: Gah!!

Garnet: Don't waste your time! I was warned you'd trying to fill my head with lies!

[Steven groans in pain as he rubs his cheek.]

Steven: *in pain* B-But I'm telling you the truth!

Garnet: No, you're not! What you said about my fusion is nothing but a vile lie! Even though it is now permissible for Gems of different types to fuse, I am ashamed to be one of them!

Steven: *astonished* Wh-what did you just say?!

Garnet: Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Gems stronger.

Jasper: *in the back* Make up your own phrases!!!

Steven: ...

Garnet: Unfortunately, the most effective way I found to increase my strength was fusion. *she said in disgust as she clenched her fist* It's quite humiliating, but I had no choice, strength is all that really matters! Emerald and her people opened my eyes; I owe them my deepest gratitude, that's why I have no qualms about resorting to this disgusting, repulsive, abhorrent tactic!

Steven: *tears up* Garnet, what have they done to you?

Holly Blue Agate: *laughs* Good, very good! I couldn't have said it better myself! Nothing matters more to us than strength! That love stuff and whatnot that Steven promulgates is just plain stupid!

Steven: Grrr, that's it! I've had enough!!

[Said an angry Steven as he gave Holly Blue a hateful glare.]

Holly Blue Agate: Oh, Steven, please don't give that look, you make me nervous. *she said with a chuckle* You know, it's refreshing to see you in a different light than the self-righteous, priggish, self-proclaimed savior of the universe.

[Steven clenches his fist in anger until he suddenly stops.]

Steven: Ok, Steven Universe, don't lose your cool, that's what she wants. *closes his eyes* Take a deep breath and remember what your therapist taught you - count to ten and inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exha--

[Suddenly, Steven gets wrapped by Amethyst's whip.]

Steven: What the--!?

Amethyst: I've got him! *turns to Garnet* Now punch him with all your might!

Garnet: Actually, I got a better idea. *to Spinel* You have a rejuvenator, right?

Spinel: Huh? What do you want the rejuvenator for? Are you thinking of rejuvenating him?

Garnet: Well, duh.

Spinel: B-But why?! He's responsible for Pink Diamond's death and for ruining the other Diamonds! He must be killed here and now!

Garnet: You're right. But there are better ways to make him pay for his crimes, so all in good time, Spinel. Besides, we are in search of more power, so someone as strong as him on our side would come in handy.

Spinel: If you say so.

[Spinel then proceeds to pulls out a rejuvenator from her gemstone.]

Steven: Wait, wait, wait! Don't even think about that! You'll only make me lose all my powers!!

Spinel: *activates the rejuvenator* All set, ma'am!

Garnet: Good. Do it then, rejuvenate him!

Steven: Don't!! Stop!!

Spinel: Too late!

[Spinel pounces on Steven as she laughs maniacally. Steven, for his part, groans loudly as a pink glow envelops his body.]

Steven: I SAID STOP!!!

[Steven unleashes a room-wrecking shockwave from his rage, causing a crater beneath him and cracks everywhere in the room. The shockwave pushes Garnet, Amethyst and Spinel away, slamming them into the walls, also breaking the Amethyst's whip holding him. The room shakes with great force, causing the other Gems in the room to stumble and then look at Steven in complete shock.]

Jasper: *thinking to herself* Ha! That was nothing, nowhere near his true Diamond power!

[Jasper flashes back to the time she and Steven engaged in combat and he ended up shattering her.]

[Steven laughs maniacally as he kicks Jasper to the ground, then launches four shields around her, pinning her in place. Jasper grunts as Steven begins to make a huge barrier while floating in the air.]

Pink Steven: You're right, Jasper!

[Steven's huge barrier grows spikes, his irises take on the shape of white diamonds and he smiles maliciously.]

Pink Steven: I have been holding back!

[Steven throws the barrier at Jasper. Her eyes widen in fear as crack of thunder flashes.]

【Back to the present.】

Jasper: *thinking to herself* I'm the only one who knows what you're capable of, my Diamond!

[Steven realizes what he's done and then covers his mouth with both hands, regretting his actions.]

Pink Steven: No, no, no, no! What have I done?! Guys, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!

Holly Blue Agate: *shocked* Wh-wh-what the fuck was that just now?! I don't believe it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 380 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
250K 4.5K 20
Long before the great war that happened on earth between the crystal gems and homeworld, an experiment was made to create a new type of gem. This exp...
8.5K 288 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...
113K 2.5K 58
What would happen if instead of being raised by the crystal gems, Steven was instead raised by the Diamonds? The Diamonds are near powerless, a fract...