NINJA

By ezentachichi

Cleo was just your average teenager..at least she thought she was until she discovered she was the only heir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 18

19 5 9
By ezentachichi

Cleo opened her eyes. The bright golden rays of the sun hurt as it hit her causing her to cover her eyes with her hand. It was as though she was locked in a dark room for days. She never knew the sun she loved so much would hurt her. She tried to move but felt sharp pain shoot throughout her body so she gave up and lay back down.

She examined her surroundings. The dojo? She didn't remember getting here. The last thing she remembered was Yoshi having so much fun shoving her against the wall continuously.

It hurt. It hurt alot. But those  kids were safe and that's all mattered. The pain was worth it.

Her friends and her grandfather were absent. She hoped they were okay. Soon she heard incoming footsteps and once the door squeaked open, the familiar faces of Chris and Anida peered down at her. They looked very surprised and shocked or a mix of both. Anida ran to her, hugging her tightly.

"Cleo"she said sobbing. Chris just stared as though he saw a ghost.

"Anida. Can't breathe"she mumbled

"Sorry" Anida apologized, releasing her.

She instantly noticed the dark circles under their eyes. They looked sleep and food deprived. Most of all, they were worried and scared.

"How long have I been out?"

"Three weeks"Chris answered

"Three weeks!"she yelled shooting up, then groaned while holding her side.

"That's why I suddenly hate the sunlight"she joked

Her friends were in no mood for jokes.
"We were worried sick. You weren't moving for two weeks. You looked broken and lifeless. It took a lot of everything Sensei knew to revive you. You lost a lot of blood and fractured most of your bones. What if-"Anida's tears choked her. They rolled down her cheeks. Cleo hugged her friend. Anida's sobbing turned to wailing as she pat her gently. No wonder they looked miserable. Her heart ached for them. She couldn't possibly imagine what they went through. Waiting on her day and night. Wondering if she would actually make it.

"It's okay. Don't cry. I'm alive aren't I?"she said smiling. Anida's wails dissolved into soft sobs.

"Okay?!"Chris said incredulously.

"Yes Chris"

He laughed humorlessly "IT'S NOT OKAY!"he yelled."What if you died on us Cleo? HUH CLEO!!WHAT IF YOU DIED?!!"

The tears he fought so hard to keep in forced it's way out. Cleo was just shocked. She hadn't seen him like this before. Her broken state probably triggered memories of his deceased dad who had been murdered. She broke the hug with Anida and crawled to Chris. She wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her tightly, burying his face in her shoulder. Her jasmine scent filling his nose. She stroked his back as Chris cried harder. Cleo's one of his best friends. The thought of losing her totally scared the hell out of him. He didn't want to lose anyone else.

"I was scared Cleo"he whimpered"I was so scared"

"Its okay. I'm alive"she cooed as she rubbed his back

Chris tried to stop but it just kept coming. His tears wetting her clothes. His arms crushing her already fractured bones. Anida hugged her from behind, still sobbing.
"It's okay. I'm okay."Cleo said smiling, tears running down her face as well.

Her grandfather was so happy to see her. He didn't cry but he held her so tight she could feel the rest of her unbroken bones breaking. She was the last family he had alive. It scared him greatly.

People in school thought she got into a car accident. So no one knew about her play date with Yoshi. Turns out loads of people cared, sending get well soon cards and flowers. Chris and Anida were back to their normal selves. It was nice. It was really good to be back.

Few days later

Cleo wasn't completely healed but at least she could move. Her body felt numb so going to school was a totally good idea. The friends went into class. Everyone gathered her table welcoming her back, even the weebs at the table beside them. She thanked them all. Almost everyone cared.
Everyone apart from her obnoxious Asian seatmate.

At their table, the friends ate their lunch in silence before Anida spoke

"Have you heard about Jordan?"Anida asked, sipping her drink.

"What about him?"

Why should I care about the inconsiderate pretty boy?

"I don't think he's okay"

"I'm confused."

"The weeks you've been absent were strange. He comes to class early. Well like the time we usally come to school. He always stares at your empty seat. Each passing day, he looks pale and sleep deprived." Anida explained, worried

"And he lost weight. For two weeks he was silent, constantly spacing out in class. He looked very depressed and for some odd reason, it concerned you"Chris added a little concerned. Cleo knew he hated Jordan. But talking about his nemesis in that manner proves that something's really wrong with him.

"It concerned me?I don't think so. He hates me" Cleo said even though she knew that was a lie. Jordan didn't hate her. If anything they were civil with each other.

Anida smirked"Really? He kept writing your name in a heart in his notes. Someone who hates you will definitely not do that"

"Most times he whispers your name. Maybe absent mindedly but we hear it. I think he's really worried about you"Chris said softly, not in the annoying and angry tone he uses when he talks about Jordan.

He was worried about me?

                       ****

Cleo found herself standing once more in front of Jordan's door. Even now she couldn't get over how amazing her Asian seatmate's house was. She pushed the door bell. Almost immediately the door opened. It wasn't Ryan. It was an old person that looked like the stereotype butler you'd see in a movie. He had blond hair, hazel eyes, a handle bar moustache and wore on the butler uniform. He looked just like Alfred in Batman except Alfred had dark hair.

"May I help you?"He asked in his posh british accent.

"Yes. I'm looking for Jordan."

"And you are?"

"His seatmate. I heard he's not feeling too well so I came to visit."

He looked at her very suspiciously but still moved aside to let her in. She was still struck by the beauty of his house.

"Young master is in his room. Follow me." The butler said and motioned for Cleo to follow. The butler finally stopped at a black door and knocked gently.

"Young master. You have a visitor."

"Get lost"Jordan said, throwing something to the door

"Please forgive him. He's not in his best mood" The butler apologized on Jordan's behalf

I'll say

"Don't bother. Thanks"

The butler smiled at her, before turning on his heels to leave. She took a deep breath and pushed open the door

"Didn't you hear? GET LOST!!"he yelled, throwing a ball at the door which she easily ducked

"Whoa. Such a temper"

That was Cleo's voice. It can't be. Can it? His eyes were playing tricks on him. Again.

"Cleo?" he said.

"Duh. Were you expecting someone else?"she said smiling.

She looked around. The place was a mess. He was a mess. He had dark circles under his eyes. His hair, a tangled mess on his head. Jordan stared harder at her, rubbing his eyes to make sure it wasn't another illusion. Her jasmine scent filled the room, clashing with the scent of his cologne.

"Don't tell me you're suddenly scared of me." she teased"Come on. I don't bite"

Before she could say anything else, Jordan ran to her wrapping his arms around her. She was real. It wasn't an illusion. He pulled her body close to his. Feeling her warmth, her breath. Her silky soft hair. He tried not to cry but he was just overwhelmed with joy. The tears came down. He didn't think the thought of losing her could make him go crazy. He literally lost interest in the things he loved. He felt like he'd lost his way but Cleo's back. Everything is fine.

The past few weeks were terrible. He couldn't eat, sleep or do anything at all. He just felt guilty for letting Yoshi touch her. He was terrified for the first time in his life. It was a nightmare but it's all over. She's safe and alive and in his arms. He felt her hands stroke his hair. He felt nostalgic. His mother used to do that.

Cleo felt glad. It made her happy that Jordan missed her. She liked his hugs and wished she never let go. Suddenly it was getting quite hard to breathe. She gasped for breath and gently tapped Jordan's shoulder. He released her, mentally scolding himself for forgetting she was still injured.

"Sorry."he said, rubbing the nape of his neck, embarrassed

"You missed me so much, didn't you?"She said smiling. He missed her smile. He felt his heart beating so fast suddenly. She made him feel so flustered.

"I was worried"

"Thank you"

No. Thank you. You didn't die

"I wanted to check up on you. You're fine so I'll be on my way. My friends are expecting me and I have loads of assignments to do"

She walked to the door but Jordan held her arm, stopping her in her tracks.

"Don't go. Please."

His light brown eyes that still glistened with tears looked at her, pleading.

She sighed. She didn't feel like going either. But she still had medications and she wasn't completely healed.

"Sorry. See you tomorrow"

She pulled her arm away and gave a small smile before walking away. He just stared at his hand that held Cleo previously, clutching the emptiness. He sighed sadly but a smile  appeared on his face. A wave of relief washed over him. She's alive and that's all that matters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
108K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...