Rain || BTS x Child reader

By KittyBlossomCB

"The rain brought me sadness, but my happiness was you." One cold rainy night, a baby was left at someones do... More

‒°・ π•€π•Ÿπ•₯𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔π•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ ・°‒
||Prologue||
1| Hyung! [edited]
2| Adoration
3| I'll save you
4| Keep you safe
5| Curious
6| I miss them
7| Sick
8| Sneakily
9| Hurt in Two Ways
10| a Trip to the 'Food' Bank
11| Halloween
12| Her First Sleepover
13| Phone Call
14| Kookie's Strangeness
15| Operation: Catch the guy
16| Operation.. Gone wrong!
17| For me?
18| All Of Me
19| True Form
20| His Reason
21| Close My Eyes
22| Not Really A Secret
23| Too Close
Extra|~ Jungkook
24| New Years' Troubles
Author's Note
25| First Class
26| Gazes
27| Crash
28| Jaemin
29| Only The Beginning
30| Him
31| As a Group
32| Fire [Part 1]
33| Mask [Part 2]
34| It Burns
35| Explanation
36| Sweets
A Big Thank You (Read pls)
37| Meeting
IM CRYING RN (Pls read!!)
Special|~ 100k!?
38| Transfer Student
39| Tears
1.05K FOLLOWERS!?
40| The Past
41| No Control
42| After Effects
43| "Surprise, Surprise?"
44| Hurtful Truth
Author's Note
45| Friends?
IDEAS BOARD~
Special|~ Valentine's Day
Important Author's Note
Hello Again
46| Away
47| Panic
48| On a Hunt
Author's Note About The '100k Special'
Q&A for 200k
49| Staying Over
50| Sleeping Over
Special|~ The 200k Q&A (pt. 1)
Special|~ The 200k Q&A (pt. 2)
Special|~ Yoongi's B-Day
51| Something New
Story Time!
52| A Push in the Wrong Way
53| A Little Suspicous
54| Angel
Author's Note
55| Addictive
56| His Pain
57| Bullies
58| Crimson
59| Possible
60| White Walls
61| Starve
62| Power
Thank you <3
63| Fake Smile
64| Strange
Check out these books!
65| I'll Love You Forever
66| Don't Leave Me
Holy- 500k?!
Special|~ 500k
67| Fear and Trust
68| Too Much
69| Their Disbelief
70| Can I..
71| Her Light
72| Glow
73| Happy
74| Give In
75| Contents
76| Tired
Not an Update
77| Do It
78| Spade
79| Grateful
80| Heartbeat
81| Plans
Special|~ Happy Kookie Day
82| Watch Out
83| Nothing
84| Strawberry Daze
Special|~ Spinoff
Special|~ Spinoff pt.2
Special|~ Spinoff pt.3
85| I Think It's Love
86| Something's Off
87| Red Feeling
88| Broken
89| Tricks for the Weak
90| Sudden Visit
Author's Note
91| Threat
92| A Mistake
93| The Big Reveal
A/N : A Little Something
A/N : So close!!
β€’β€’ 1 MILLION Q&A β€’β€’
94| Heartfelt
95| Acceptance
96| April
A/N : Make a vote.
Family Photobook
A/N : Birthday Wishes
98| Odd Encounter
99| The Concert
100| The Concert (pt.2)
101| The Concert (pt.3)
102| Waking Up
103| Missing Him
104| Kiss Me
I'm sorry.
I'm back!

97| Shard

1.4K 76 34
By KittyBlossomCB

( a/n : can I just apologize for the wait?  I'm so, so sorry!  It slipped my mind when I was trying to sleep, and soon enough it was Wednesday.  I'm sorry guys for the really late update.  I just wish I could get myself to update for you all every Sunday, not just every other Sunday... 🥺😔 also, this chapter may or may not have minor mistakes here and there, so just know that.  I can't keep my eyes open any longer— )

Sunday, April 19th.
— 8 a.m.

'Good morning, Mister Sunshine.' 

You stretched out your limbs on your bed, having just awoken from a good night's sleep with a decent dream, although you could only remember the part about the bright blue café.  Literally, ALL of it was blue, no joke. 

The day had just begun. The birds were tweeting, the sun was shining, and the smell of burnt toast hung in the air— wait.  Burnt toast? Your legs moved in quick speeds as you rushed out of your room, making it to the kitchen in about two seconds.

"What's happening?!" you panicked, fearing of a fire in the house. Being surprised by your sudden voice, Minseon yelped and dropped the glass plate he was holding, causing it to shatter into small pieces all over the tile floor.

"Oh! Minseon!" your protective instincts quickly kicked in and you ran to his aid, pulling him away from the glass and gently setting him on an open barstool. The boy was a little shook at first at how fast you reacted, but then calmed down after he sat down.

"Are you okay?" you softly asked, eyes slightly widening as you glanced at his sock feet. "Huh? Why aren't you wearing slippers?" you inquired.

Minseon hung his head low as if he was embarrassed, whispering quietly, "I-I lost them", your eyes softening upon hearing his tone.

You sighed softly and went to clean up the glass, grabbing the nearby dustpan and carefully sweeping up the transparent shards with a broom and into the pan, your eyes slowly scanning over the tile floor for any unnoticed pieces before returning the items to their rightful places.

'I shouldn't have scared him.  He could've hurt himself because of me.'

After the glass was properly taken care of, you walked back over to Minseon, lifting his chin to see his face. His eyes were avoiding your own, and he kept on playing with his fingers, fidgeting nervously.

"What's wrong, Minnie?" you questioned, carefully observing his cute little actions.

The brunet huffed and kept avoiding your gaze, which was, honestly, driving you nuts.  Why wouldn't he look at you?  Was it your face?  Something you did?  Maybe you freaked him out a little bit back there.

'Gosh, why do I have to be so weird.  Sometimes I forget I'm not really human.'

Meanwhile, in your head, as you were contemplating why he was not looking at you, Minseon was sending short glances at you, not saying a word.

'Maybe I did freak him out. Maybe he's not that used to this as much as I thought he was?' you mentally sighed. 'I can't even hear his thoughts right now. It's driving me crazy! I don't know what's going on inside his head.'

You were pulled away from your thoughts as a small tug was made on your sleeve, and you turned your head to see Minseon, looking up to you like a shy puppy would. You so badly wanted to squish his cheeks.

'What is up with me today?'

Ignoring your random feelings, you focused on Minseon, as he was the one and only thing important to you in this world right now.  He was your mate, and you'd do anything to protect him, no matter the cost.

"I-I was trying to m-make y-you breakfast," he stuttered, sheepishly gesturing to the burnt toast and half-cooked eggs on the counter, his bottom lip between his teeth as he noticed the mess he had created. "I'm... n-not good at, um, c-cooking..."

'Can I just squish him right here, right now?' You held back the strong urge to touch and ruffle his fluffy hair, not wanting to seem like even more of a weirdo as you stood there, staring at him.

Minseon probably wasn't even used to these types of things, more or less cooking for someone. The boy was downright embarrassed, wallowing in shame and hurt. He felt like he could've done better, maybe even cook something decent for once in his life, but Minseon wasn't as skilled as he desired himself to be. At... home... Minseon would either be beaten up for long periods of time or locked away in his room all day, maybe getting a leftover meal once or twice if he behaved to his father's wishes.

"Oh, Minnie..."  you leaned towards him and gently pulled him into a loving hug, a smile makings its way onto your lips when you felt his arms finally wrap around your waist.  "I'm not mad at you if that's what you're wondering.  If anything, I'm just flattered that you woke up early just for me, all to make me breakfast,"  you cooed, breaking the hug you two shared. "Don't worry, I'll clean this up for you."

The boy's mouth opened to protest, but you immediately shushed him. You, under no circumstances, would allow Minseon to protest against your kind offer to clean the mess in the kitchen. He needed more love and care, even though you were sure he was smothered in it almost twenty-four-seven by now, but why not add more? More love equals a more happy Minseon.

'What am I thinking today?!' You couldn't believe yourself.

All these caring words, loving phrases, and side-glances did not seem like you. Were you sick with something? Is that it? Or was it the love bug that got you.

'Maybe it's the mate bond... doing its job, I guess...'

The burnt toast was tossed away in the trash bin the second you left Minseon's side. You didn't want that crispy and dark thing sitting on the kitchen counter any longer than it should. Once the eggs were taken care of you started to clean the countertops, making sure to kill any icky substance or residue before Seokjin would see it later.

While busying yourself with cleaning the dirty pan used for the eggs, you failed to notice Minseon getting up in the corner of your eye. The boy didn't want to sit there any longer as it was starting to get uncomfortable on those wooden bar stools. He stood up straight but let out a small wince when he stepped forward, confusion plastered on his face as you whipped your head around to find out why his voice sounded pained.

"Minseon, are you okay?" you inquired as you turned off the tap, feeling a rise of concern in your stomach. You left the sink and approached him.

"N-No, no, no! I-I'm okay,"  shouted Minseon as he hid his legs behind the bar stool. 

'You don't look okay..'

The boy noticed the uncertainty waving off of you and raised his hands halfway in the air.  "I'm f-fine, [Y/n],"  he promised, flinching slightly when his foot moved the wrong way.

"...Why do you keep doing this?" you spoke with sudden sadness, eyes following and noting how he hid his feet from you.  You softly sighed and lowered your head.  "Every time I try to help you, you turn away.  It's like I'm either useless or a terrible friend—"

"N-No!"  Minseon interjected. "No, [Y/n], y-you were never a t-terrible friend!" he disputed with a sense of guilt, blaming himself for you feeling that way in the first place.

"Then why do you try so hard to hide the fact that you're hurting?" you questioned with a slight voice crack at the end, feeling yourself start to become emotional about the subject. "Is it... because of what I am?" you muttered, your eyes moving to lock onto Minseon's surprised orbs.

"[Y-Y/n]...," he began. "You're t-the best thing to e-ever h-happen to me in all m-my years of p-pain. I p-probably wouldn't even b-be here if i-it wasn't for you! I c-can't live w-without you for even a s-second, it just k-kills me inside. T-The reason— the r-reason why I didn't w-want you to check me i-is because I... I c-care for you, [Y-Y/n], and I d-don't want you to h-hurt inside or have to h-hold back s-so hard because of m-me. I wasn't s-scared of you h-hurting me, I was scared of y-you h-hurting yourself."

You were at a loss of words. How did this boy know exactly what to say and how to say it? His words brought relief to your poor, worried heart, and a small smile spread across your face in pure happiness as you recalled all that he mentioned.

'He's... he's literally an angel, I swear.'

Silence decided to drop in and stay for about ten or more seconds, making it seem slightly awkward for the two of you. Then, Minseon spoke up.

"I c-cut myself."

Although it was muttered under his breath, you still caught it with your super-hearing ears, a look of worry jumping onto your face at his words.

"Where?!" you demanded, panicking inside and out. "Is it major or minor? How did I not smell the blood? Are you okay?!" Your legs were fast to move to him, stopping right as you stood directly in front of him, looking up into his eyes for answers. You silently pleaded with your eyes, hoping he would let you help this time.

Minseon heaved out a sigh and moved back onto the barstool, his socked feet dangling in front of you as he waited for you to check his injury.  You crouched down on your knees and poked the bottom of both feet, earning a quiet wince from Minseon after touching the left one.

'His left foot probably has glass in it,'  you told yourself as you began to carefully pull the sock off.

"How come this hurts but you cutting yourself that one time with Seokjin didn't?" You raised an eyebrow to the boy in question. "Anyways. I might need some tweezers... you got a small piece of glass wedged in your heel," you said with a small frown.

'I wonder if he's hurting inside..'

You patted your knees and abruptly stood up before making your way to the nearest first aid kit, opening it, and grabbing the tweezers and a bandaid. You walked back over to Minseon and crouched down again, readying yourself for what you're about to do.

"Okay, it might hurt a little but you'll be fine," you assured softly, grabbing the tweezers and aiming them at the shard of glass. "Three... two... one..."

"Ow!" yelped Minseon as you successfully pulled out the glass from his foot. You set the tweezers aside for cleaning and applied a cute Hello Kitty bandaid onto the open flesh.

'Phew... I thought I was going to get kicked.'

Minseon finally breathed after you were done, looking down at you with such care that was evident in his brown orbs. "Are y-you okay?" he queried, locking eyes with you.

"Yeah, why?"  you smiled, head tilted a little to the side in question.

"I-It didn't bother y-you?"  he wondered as he slowly put on his missing sock.

You understood what he meant and nodded.  "Oh, that?"  you mentioned.  "It was nothing, just a small cut.  I'm fine."

"You s-sure?"  Minseon mumbled, feeling doubtful.

"Yes, yes, Minnie,"  you reassured, nodding again to ease his worry.

The thing is, that you secretly held your breath when pulling out the shard, then finally letting go when you got the bandaid on.  In conclusion, you didn't want to smell the sweetness in the air, because you'd be tempted to taste it, even just a little bit.  Not good.  You need to learn to control yourself, then maybe one day you won't pounce on Minseon if he cuts himself on accident.  He's so clumsy.

You smiled at the boy, loving the way his eyes sparkled when he gazed down at you, it sent you butterflies.  "Hey, why don't we go watch a movie?  I'll get us cereal for the time being,"  you suggested, instantly earning a nod from Minseon at the mention of a movie.

The two of you quickly grabbed your favourite boxes of cereal (or at least the tasty ones) and the milk, then retreated into the living room to watch a movie. 

Your time mostly consisted of you two arguing about what type of genre you'd settle on watching, Minseon wanting comedy while you wanted thriller or something with suspense.  It went like that for around fifteen minutes before Minseon gave up on fighting and finally decided that he'd watch one of the latest thrillers out there— all for you, of course.  He'd do anything— absolutely anything!— to make even the smallest of smiles tickle at your lips.  That's just how he felt about you.

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
Short and not really an interesting chapter but what can you do, haha.  I hope you enjoyed it, though.  My fingers hurt ;-; and it's really hot in this room >_< very no fun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 334 23
A vampire needs a queen. A girl just moved into the neighborhood, and someone is hungry. I'm not good with descriptions, just read the book :)
2.1K 236 83
"Is this actually real?" You ask your best friend. "Absolutely. And I'm glad it is." ----- Welcome to a time of change. A different air to breathe...
48 0 4
A long time ago there used to be peace among all species. But things suddenly changed after a vicious attack wiped out many people. Lives were torn a...
1K 44 16
❝Hey, you alright?❞ ❝I-I'm fine.. why do you even c-care..?❞ ❝Because, I'm here to help you.❞ ... In which a famous K-pop idol finds a girl on the pa...