Dangerous Love

By yewandejoseph

This is a palace where one wrong move can determine if you live or die. In the quest for her family to surviv... More

The Beginning 1
The Prince quarters 2
The threats
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
HE'S A SUSPECT
THE BREAK UP
EIGHT YEARS AGO
Chapter seventy two
Chapter seventy three
Chapter seventy four
Chapter seventy five
Chapter seventy six
Chapter seventy seven
Chapter seventy eight
Chapter seventy nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty one

Chapter 32

3.2K 627 98
By yewandejoseph

"🎶🎶Picture-perfect, you don't need no filter
Gorgeous, make 'em drop dead, you a killer
Shower you with all my attention
Yeah, these are my only intentions   🎶🎶"

Ara paused by the door listening to the voice singing. She had spent a month in the house not to know who that voice belonged to. It was Prince Adedamola who would sing like a joke and still laugh about it. Ara laughed a little where she stood. Not that bad. Ara thought, though his voice was more of a screech, but who was she to say the Prince was just screaming.

"Calm down Damola." Ara heard a little laughter that followed and that made her heart smile a little. That was the first time she had caught Prince Ire making fun of someone. His laughter was just too cute. And a bit contagious that Ara's smile finally turned to a quiet laughter. She couldn't say where the urge to laugh came from, but listening to his deep laughter disrupted her stomach to make one. Prince Ire eventually stopped laughing and spoke up. "Damola you were just screaming. Is that how you gonna keep singing for rest of your life. Just calm down and listen to me. You will have to get a class if you really want to sing. Now listen to your music teacher."

Ara became eager. She couldn't wait to listen to the only gorgeous man that she was starting to admire in the whole of mumusi palace. Her plump lips widened into a little smile. She heard Prince Ire suddenly laughed again. It became a thing Ara had to question herself about. So he laughs this much. I mean, look at that. Just listen to that. And he will come out here start forming hard face about. Ara thought and smiled again. Just sing with your cockroach voice already. Ara laughed at her confession, but Immediately she covered her mouth knowing she couldn't trust her laughter one bit. It could fill up the Prince Quarters as if she had an inbuilt mp3 inside of her. She prayed this eavesdropping of a thing won't become an habit. She was up there to thank him but couldn't even raise her hand to knock.

While carried away by her thoughts, the voice dropped on her like a bomb blast that killed all her expectations at once. Ara was wowed. She could remember Prince Ire liked listening to foreign songs a lot, but never thought his voice could extract the sweetest smile from her. Oh God Ara, she blushed..you found someone who could sing more than you. She laughed and listened.

"🎶🎶Picture-perfect, you don't need no filter
Gorgeous, make 'em drop dead, you a killer
Shower you with all my attention
Yeah, these are my only intentions
Stay in the kitchen, cooking up, cut your own bread
Heart full of equity, you're an asset
Make sure that you don't need no mentions
Yeah, these are my only intentions  🎶🎶"

The door suddenly burst opened to Ara's face revealing the smiling Prince Adedamola. "I knew someone was there."

Ara gave him a look that followed with a cute smile. "Are you a wizard. You heard my knock didn't you?"

"Just joking," Prince Damola threw a wink at her. Suddenly, he remembered something that struck his mind. "Yes! I remember Ayo telling me you are a bad rapper. Mhen!! Is that true? I've always wanted to be a good rapper too."

Both Ara and Prince Ire stared at Prince Damola at the same time. Ara couldn't help the laughter. How many things do you want to do? Then she asked. "He told you that?"

At that moment Ara spoke up, Prince Ire stole quick looks at her. There was just this particular way he felt anytime he saw Ara smiled or laughed. He hid his smile seeing how Ara hung her bandaged hand resting by the door. He somehow found it funny.

"Yes, I rap. Just something I do for fun. Singing is just part of me." Ara admitted.

"Common!" Prince Damola snapped his fingers. "You should know this Justin Bieber's song...intentions... You could be my music teacher and I could pay you you know."

"Well," Ara smiled. "Since money is involved. All you need is to..." She quickly brought her voice down and whispered. "Ask him for permission."

Even though Prince Ire couldn't make it to listen to what Ara whispered. He instantly got to his feet. Ara saw him, wondering what he was trying to do. Prince Ire moved swiftly to where his brother was, gave him a look only Prince Damola understood. Music career pursuer, it's high time you left my house. Then he scooped him up when he realized he wasn't planning to go. Ara was wowed by his strength, unable to wipe away her smile as she admired him more.

"Ara we will talk later!" Prince Damola shouted on his brother's shoulder, laughing. "He doesn't want me to talk to you. I know him, he's my brother and he's just. . ." His voice faded out as Ara couldn't see him or hear his voice again.

In two minutes, Prince Ire was back. He met Ara on the way descending down the stairs. He stopped and she did too listening to him. "Is there something you wanna tell me?"

Ara stared back at his face. No smile, no emotions, just dead serious. How was he able to do it? Ara couldn't believe this was the same man she had conversation with just yesterday. Or the same man that was laughing earlier. She swallowed her saliva. "I came just to say thank you for yesterday. I feel a lot better now and I really appreciate your concern. "

"Don't mention." He waved his hand at her. And that was the only statement he said, climbing the stairs in a rush. Ara heaved a sigh and scolded herself for hoping they could have another amazing conversation just like yesterday. She erased the thoughts, refusing not to be angry. Instead, she went back to her room to prepare for the family dinner they were to attend. Being together with those people made her brain hot. She wasn't used to it yet.

•••••

Standing behind the whole mumusi family were the workers assigned to serve them. They were entering one after the other waiting for each other. Both Prince Ire and Prince Damola were seated already. The moment Queen Adetutu entered and saw Prince Ire, she immediately lost her appetite. She glared at him with her mind filled up with thoughts on how Prince Ire could just suddenly become wanted and never be seen again. His presence was choking her, and if she was not careful, he could choke her out of her husband's house. She hated his guts. She was a mother, and wouldn't want that for her children, but Prince Ire was nothing like her children. Besides, she hated both mother and son. 

Prince Damola whispered next to Prince Ire. "Your mother is seated. Shouldn't you say hi to make her cast her evil smile at you." Prince Damola laughed quietly. "She wants you dead man. Those eyes could be fixed bomb. Be nice please. We don't want bomb blast at the table today. My best food is here. Let me enjoy in peace and not in pieces."

Prince Ire cast a quick glance at his brother. "That's my Mom." He raised his brow, directing his eyes to the door for Prince Damola to look at their Mom who walked in with Prince Goriola next to her.

"Oh my God! Ara what's wrong with your hand?" Prince Goriola was shocked by what he saw. The moment those words slipped out of Prince Goriola's mouth, Ara became the centre of attention, getting the King to finally notice all the workers together. Exactly what Prince Ire wanted. For the King to see what his Queen was capable of because the day of discussion was very close. 

"I'm just seeing that. You broke your arm or what? Isn't that Aramade?" The King stared at Ara's hand wrapped up in white bandage. She had removed the long one tied at the back of her neck because she didn't want people noticing her hand. And for up to fifteen minutes of standing there, she succeeded. No one knew until Prince Goriola finally walked in. Or maybe they didn't see it as a big deal. The King turned to Prince Ire. "She should be resting. Ire you shouldn't let her come here at all," the King said, diverting his eyes back to Ara. "How did that happen?" He asked again.

Ara immediately moved forward with a bow. She wasn't sure of what to say but opened her mouth anyways. "I had. . ."

"It's a bike accident." Prince Ire cut in. He didn't trust Ara to come up with a good lie. That was not even the case. The Ara he knew could start explaining what happened which the King shouldn't know about. It wasn't time for truth yet. "She's better now."

The King gave a slight nod. "I know she's in good hands. Let's please, be very careful of where we send them. They should take one of the cars if the place is far. And..." The King scanned through the workers again. "Ire what about this your very fair worker? Hmm... I think her name is..."

"Florence." Prince Ire completed for his Dad. He was expecting him to ask about her as well. Florence familiarity was too much not to be noticed everywhere.

"Yes. That girl." The King looked a little bit worried. "She greets me specially every time we gather like this. Where is she?"

"Dead." Prince Ire blurted, finally looking up at Queen Adetutu who hid her face in something insignificant. Staring at a spoon she suddenly realized was new in the palace. Prince Ire continued. "She left the palace without telling anyone, and about yesterday evening, I received a call from someone saying she died by the side of the road thinking I'm her relative. That's stupid."

"That's pitiful." The King shook his head. "She just entered the palace. May her soul rest in peace."

"That prayer is a waste Dad. Some people will still follow her as well. Don't ask me anything." He said firmly to his Dad, avoiding the angry looks reigning curses on him. Then he continued "I just think her ways aren't pure. Just like many of them in the palace. Who takes your money, including all the care you give them but still cheat on you."

The table went dead silent.

"Ire!" His mom shouted. "How is that your concern!"

"Ire stop. I must eat this food." Prince Damola whispered, stepping on his brother's feet under the table.

The moment Ire said the last statement. The King just stared at him. He knew his son too well. He knew he had seen something. He scanned the table and everywhere went dead quiet that if a pin dared to drop, it would be exposed. Queen Adetutu was suddenly hot from inside. The last statement gave her jitters. She was scared of what the King could say next. She knew both Father and Son had the same attitude. Acting like it was nothing only to go back and take serious action.

Princess Adebisi could see how pale her mom went. She knew Prince Ire was hitting on her mom again but she dare not utter a word. Prince my fucking foot! She was angry. If Prince Ire was someone else. She would have sent someone to beat the hell out of him.

Queen Adetutu knew she had to say something. She struggled to give a thin smile with an angry stare, wishing to castrate the animals sitting with her on the same table. She bowed in respect. "Your highness, Ire might just be angry. Who wouldn't if his or her worker does something like that. You know your son. You shouldn't take it serious. I think we should eat before the food gets cold." She almost choked on her smile but still managed to have it on facing Ara. "Ara darling...you should take more rest please."

You say what! Ara was bewildered. Me, darling? Queen I'm not mad nau. You hate my gut.

But then, Ara already realized the hippocrisy in the palace. She returned the same evil smile she gave to her. Thin smile seasoned with a fake grateful face. "Thank you my Queen."

Queen Adetutu gave a small laughter. "It's nothing my daughter." Then she faced the King whose mind was back from long thoughts. "Since Florence isn't around and Ara is also like this. Joy!" She called out the dark, short girl who came close to her. "She can assist them for now till she's no longer needed. Mama T just brought her."

"That's good." The King immediately took interest in Joy and accepted because he really felt for Ara. He thought having new hands to assist will keep her out of work for some days. "Ire thank your mom."

Prince Ire knew what that was again but he said nothing. "Thank you for your kindness ma." He bowed and they both stared at each other before he looked way. Till they finished the dinner, Prince Ire was quiet keeping his anger in check.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 68 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
41.1K 5.1K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
75.6K 10.1K 53
Nawal has her life all perfectly planned out. Which involve living her ordinary life peacefully with her parents and sister. Designing clothe which s...
13.7K 1.2K 84
COMPLETE 2021 A story of a girl growing up in Nigeria as the only heir of the most richest man in Africa, with her marriage arranged with her cousin...