CHASING LOVE

By erumsiddiquiii

\\•What are we but broken hearts, chasing and blaming love•\\ ~Unknown //#1 in Allah 1 in Turkey 1 in Pakist... More

Prologue
Chapter#01
Chapter#02
Chapter#03
Chapter#04
Chapter#05
Chapter#06
Chapter#07
Chapter#08
Chapter#09
Chapter#10
Chapter#11
Chapter#12
Chapter#13
Chapter#14
Chapter#15
Chapter#16
Chapter#17
Chapter#18
Chapter#19
Chapter#20
Chapter#21
Chapter#22
Chapter#23 M a y u n.
Chapter#24 N i k k a h.
Chapter#26 V a l i m a
Chapter#27
Chapter#28
Chapter#29
Chapter#30
Chapter#31
Chapter#32
Chapter#33
Chapter#34
Chapter#35
Chapter#36
Chapter#37
Chapter#38
Chapter#39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41
Chapter#42
Chapter#43
Chapter#44
Chapter#45
Chapter#46
Chapter#47
Chapter#48
Chapter#49
Chapter#50
Chapter#51
Chapter#52
Chapter#53
Chapter#54
Chapter#55
Chapter#56
Chapter#57
Epilogue
Chasing Eternity
•Bonus•
Muntazir

Chapter#25

2.1K 151 28
By erumsiddiquiii

It rained all the way back home, giving their special day a beautiful ending.

Zahra kept sitting in the same position the whole hour it took to reach home, her head leaned on the window, lost in her thoughts.

The ride was silent, but this time it was kind of comfortable.

Her husband had also leaned his head back, his eyes switching to her momentarily.

He stared at the innocence and pureness her face radiated with dried up tear marks, her cheeks and nose red from all the crying. Her eyes a little swollen.

She looked calm indicating she was thinking about something good.

Maybe him?

It was just a wishful thinking.

The nose ring she adored gave her more of an intimate look in her white attire.

Ammar took a deep breath, stirring at his place a little.

He needed to be patient with her. He needed to make her comfortable, make her trust him, love him.

But it was all new to him as well.

He would need space to make himself at ease first with this new lifestyle.

He was not habitat of sharing things and here he was going to share his life, his room, his family, his love, his days and nights. Everything. She was his partner. They were both halves of each other now. 

The car's horn made Zahra's eyes flutter open as she straightened on her seat. Ammar passed her a small smile before running a hand through his hair as the car rolled into the driveway.

The whole family was already stood outside ready to welcome the newlyweds.

Ammar sensed her nervousness but before he could manage to say anything, her side of the door was pulled open revealing his cousins who started helping her out.

Ammar sighed walking out too and stretched his legs and arms lightly.

His stomach's grumble reminded him he didn't have anything except some coffee early morning.

He rounded the car seeing them already taking her inside.

"Don't worry, it is going to be like this for almost a month," Ahad patted Ammar's shoulder as he found all the men gathered around him.

He rolled his eyes before making his way inside as well.

They both settled with the family in his parent's lounge.

"Let him sit," Rida said to the girls surrounding the bride and they all turned to him with teasing looks before moving away.

He passed a fake grin to them before sitting beside her and ran a hand through his hair again already exhausted from the day.

"Why are we sitting here by the way?" He asked looking around as most of them chuckled to themselves.

"He is so impatient, God," Mahnoor teased and he just huffed, leaning back on the couch.

"I am sleepy," he couldn't suppress the yawn that escaped his lips just at the mention of sleep.

"Okay, leave your rasms for now. Let them go and rest," his mother asked the youngsters who had to give in eventually.

Zahra looked up at Hasan uncle finding him the only comfortable one to look at the moment.

They were all too new. It was all so new for her. The big family gatherings and so many people around.

Zoha and Ahad were also not in sight.

"Zahra, come," Rida asked as she stood up again.

The girls took her out and she looked around as they crossed the left side and came at the back.

The grass was wet, the scent of petrichor in the air making her heart at peace after some nerve wrecking moments of the day.

The whole path was lighted up with fairy lights. The dark had already set its wings announcing the arrival of a long night ahead.

They pushed open the heavy wooden double doors before leading her inside.

"And this is your and Ammar Bhai's house," Kiran announced as she ran her eyes around.

There was a drawing room just on her right and a small hallway making its way further into the house.

The hallway than opened up to a large living area at her left and an indoor kitchen directly in front of her.

To her right was another hallway and they made their way towards it.

There was a courtyard, to her left, and stairs at the right.

The hallway further proceeded to the backyard.

They took the stairs, it had a glass wall at the front, filled with water droplets courtesy to the rain, with the view of the back of the kitchen, it was a small alley filled with pebbles and few plants, with golden lights illuminating the way from inside the wall.

They reached the first floor and there was an open terrace to her right and another hallway with all the rooms.

The door of the first room was already opened as they walked in.

Her steps faltered at the doorway only.

The room was large with the bed's back against the left wall, the right wall had a LED screen plastered, with few racks on its sides.

The whole room was a theme of greyish brown and off white. With the bed's wall having an elegant brown wallpaper and the other walls simply white.

There was a floor length glass wall with a small, balcony emerging from it, hidden from the thick velvet brown and white net curtains.

The girls were in their bubble as they talked about the events of the day.

"Bhabi," she turned towards Ayesha, who gave her a warm smile.

"There is the changing room, your things are already set in there," Zahra passed her a grateful smile back.

"Thank you so much. Where is Zoha?" She asked softly sitting on the bed.

"She said she is coming in a few minutes. Do you need anything?" Zahra dropped her shoulders shaking her head. Her feet were aching from the tight heel straps.

"Maybe some water," she bit her tongue and Ayesha nodded rushing out of the room.

"You liked the room?" Mahnoor jumped beside her as she fixed her bangles. They wouldn't stop sticking into the net of her dress.

"I did," she nodded and Mahnoor smiled widely.

"I told Bhai he doesn't need to freak out this much. But he was just too nervous over you liking it or not," she waved her hand blabbering and Zahra smiled at her.

"No, it's really pretty," She bend down unclasping the straps from around her ankle.

"Okay, we are just outside if you need anything," She stood up pulling out all the girls with her.

Zahra sighed standing up and shivered as her warm feet came in contact with the cold marble.

She opened the door looking around the walk-in closet.

Opening the first wardrobe she found it to be his and moved to the other side.

All the new, shiny clothes stared back at her.

Not being able to take their shine in, Zahra shut it standing in front of the vanity table and stared at her face.

Tiredness and exhaustion were visible clearly. Her eyes were dry and itchy because of all the crying. She just wanted to sleep now.

Taking off her dupatta, Zahra removed her hijab and pulling open the tight bun she ran a hand through her scalp, sleep taking over her mind.

Shaking her head she walked into the door at the end.

After freshening up, she walked out to find Zoha on the bed scrolling through her phone. A tray of food beside her.

"Hey," Zahra mumbled picking up her clutch and took her phone out.

"Hello, liked the house?" Zoha pushed the tray to her.

"Yes, it's nice,"

"I know how hungry you are, eat," Zahra chuckled and started to eat as Zoha showed her pictures from the day.

"Do you have any idea where my bags are? I need to change," Zahra asked sighing as she put the tray away.

"Are you kidding me?"

"What?" Zahra passed her a confused look.

"Ammar hasn't even come in,"

"What does it have to do with him?" She raised her brows and Zoha rolled her eyes.

"Let him at least see you properly," Zahra sighed.

"He has been seeing me only throughout the day," she mumbled and Zoha smacked the back of her head.

"Shut up,"

"Okay, I need to pray," Zoha nodded telling her that everything was already in the closet.

Zahra prayed before Zoha refreshed her makeup and didn't let her do her hijab again.

"He is your husband. He can see your hair now," she growled before putting her head on the table.

"I am so tired," she yawned and Zoha chuckled.

"Then I will just send him in,"

"No," Zahra's eyes widen as her head shot up.

"Let me at least tie them," she mumbled and Zoha clicked her tongue.

"Why are you just so stubborn," Zoha brushed her hair pulling them in a low ponytail at her back, few strands covering the sides of her face.

"Spray some perfume too," Zoha said picking up a random perfume from the table and sniffed it before applying on the sides of her neck.

"Now go and sit in the center," Zoha instructed and Zahra looked at her in disbelief before crawling to the centre of the bed.

"Pull the dupatta as a veil," Zoha set it down and Zahra groaned.

"Seriously? He has done this thing already," She pushed it up and Zoha glared.

"Do as I am saying," she glared back at Zoha before pulling it down.

"Zoha. It will feel so awkward. Please let this part go," she whined but Zoha shushed her.

"I am sending him," Zoha kissed her cheek over the veil and gave her hand a gentle press.

"Everything is fine, hm," Zahra passed her a small smile nodding and Zoha slipped down the bed.

"And don't forget to tell me everything tomorrow," Zoha winked as Zahra peaked from under her veil.

Zahra's eyes widen but before she could react anymore, a very laughing Zoha rushed out.

She shook her head at her best friend.

What everything was she talking about?

Weird thoughts started taking over her mind. 

She was already hell nervous in front of him. What will she even do if he-

The sudden loud noise outside the room made her snap out of her thoughts.

She slapped her cheeks, wanting to bring some colour back to her pale face and removed the veil from her head.

Zoha was just too extra.
_

"Bhai, itne araam se kahan ja rahe hain?" Ammar groaned as Kiran held his arm just before he could open the door.

"What do you all want now?" He asked looking at the whole girl gang guarding the door as they pushed him as far from it as possible.

"Our naik," Rida held out her hand and he grinned hi-fiving her. She arched her brow.

"Don't try to play with us," His Bhabi, Amna also backed them up and he pouted.

"Bhabi, I did not expect this from you," he shook his head showing his disappointment.

"Sorry to burst your bubble dewar ji but I want my naik too," she smirked and he leaned back at the wall.

"How much you guys want?" They counted the girls, busy with their calculation.

"We are ten and one thousand each. Ten thousand!" Mahnoor said and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't have any cash right now. Come and take tomorrow," he ran a hand in his hair. 

"We are not beggars. Give money and take your room. Itne saste mein jane de rahe hain, ab kuch lihaz aap bhi karein," Kiran put a fist over her waist and he gave all of them a boring look.

"Zohaib has already launched for my wallet. It is in his possession," he shrugged making them throw their hands in the air.

Dramatic much!

"We don't know. We want our money,"

"But I don't have any!" He exclaimed irritated.

"It's your mistake that you even gave it to him,"

"Okay, how about you call him and I give you your money?" He asked as one of the girls ran away in search of him.

"Let me go in at least," he frowned before they smirked.

"Oh, bechari bhabi ghoongat dale, nazrein bichaye apke intezar mein bethi hongi," Sadaf jutted her lower lip out making him smile internally at the imagination.

Now he desperately wanted to go in.

"She must be waiting," he said with his foot tapping on the floor impatiently.

"Where did she even disappear?" Rida sighed and on the queue, Zohaib came running and hid behind Ammar.

"What are you doing?" Ammar moved away from him as Zohaib straightened.

"I am not giving your wallet to them. You gave it to me," he whined crossing his arms over his chest.

"Zohaib. I am too done to deal with this right now," he frustratedly sighed just as his mother walked in frowning.

"What is happening here?"

"They are not letting me go in," he instantly pulled his mother to himself and she glared at all the kids.

"Move away you all. She is alone in the room from so long. Come I will give you your money," she took all of them out with her and Ammar sighed in relief.

Knocking on the door, he twisted the knob, entering.

There was a faint fragrance of vanilla in the air. He noticed the small candles along the wall and smiled to himself.

Locking the door behind, Ammar stared at his bride in white, in a haze.

She was fidgeting with her rings, mumbling something silently. He pulled his lower lip between his teeth, looking at her in amusement.

His bride! He was married to the woman he was already falling for. Nothing could be more dreamy for him than that.

He finally straightened and cleared his throat mumbling a Salam and shrugged off his waistcoat.

Zahra replied going stiff and he sat on the side of the bed, looking down silently before glancing up at her.

He instantly noticed her hair being open and the white dupatta of her dress was loosely tugged on her head, with wild strands covering her face.

He was in awe of how breathtaking she looked at that moment.

Her lashes fluttered up as she moved her blue eyes up to his.

He gave her a warm smile before taking a deep breath and leaned back over his palms.

"I don't know what to say," he chuckled and she swallowed trying to steady her wildly beating heart.

"Okay, let's clear some things out first," he cleared his throat and she noticed his voice almost echoing in the silent room.

She nodded indicating him to continue but his eyes were moving with her hair strands as they would stick to her face after every while.

"I know, you have an image of me of a spoiled kid of this house and to an extent it is true but there are some things I want to talk to you about," he started playing with the tassel on the end of her dupatta.

She gave him her whole attention, interested in what he had to say.

"I love my family. More than anything. Because I don't think anyone can achieve anything in life without their support and I won't ever trade them for anything. They are the most precious thing in my life," she noticed a faint smile on his lips and she smiled at the irony of her own life.

"I would like it if you love and respect them and I promise I will do the same for yours," she nodded, feeling her throat scratchy from thirst.

"I have always dreamed of big families to live with and I am so happy to have found one through you," it was the first time he heard her voice so soft and gentle. She smiled genuinely making him flash a toothy grin, happy that they were having a normal conversation.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked and she bit her inner cheek.

Without waiting for her answer, he picked her hand up from her lap, feeling her soft skin against his fingers.

She almost snatched it back but tried to make herself calm.

He took it between both of his hands, looking at the ring in her finger.

"Did you like this ring?" He traced the diamond over it.

"Yes,"

"It's my Dado's. Her husband gifted it to her on their Nikkah. She kept it away from everyone for my bride," he smiled remembering how she would always show him the ring asking to bring his bride soon.

"She loves me too much,"

"You are lucky to have a grandma like her. She is so loving and sweet," he nodded without wasting a heartbeat.

"She is the best. She is the one keeping this whole family together,"

"Bhabi asked me to find my name on your hands," he remembered and she groaned internally.

"Is it on this hand?" He asked raising the hand already in his hold and she nodded.

Her arm tingled as he ran his finger over the patterns.

There was complete silence in the room except her bangles clicking together whenever he would turn her hand.

"Um, is it this?" He leaned in frowning and smirked finally found it.

"Yes," he answered himself and a smile broke out on her face at his excitement, much to her resistance.

"Is there anything you want to ask or say?" He did not leave her hand but almost pulled it to him, making her upper body lean a little forward.

"Are you tired?" He suddenly asked making her run her tongue over her parched lips.

"Um, a little.. but it's okay. We can talk," she added and he shook his head sitting up, her hand falling on the mattress.

"No, you can go and freshen up. We have our whole life to talk," he chuckled standing up as she pushed the hair back from her face slipping down the bed.

He moved to the other side doing something on his phone while she removed her bangles and jewelery.

He glanced up at her as she stood there fumbling with the nose ring and sighed thankfully when it came out.

His lips curved into a full blown smile. He had imagined those moments so many times but it was more breathtaking than his expectations.

She glanced at him through the mirror before walking into the closet.

He fell on the bed staring at the ceiling, the smile not leaving his face.

"Finally," he closed his eyes chuckling.

She put a hand on her wildly beating heart and took deep breathes closing her eyes.

His stare had made her felt ticklish all over her body.

She walked further inside and put her dupatta down on the ottoman, changing into her navy blue silk pyjamas.

There wasn't any part of her skin showing, but her hair were fully displayed. She couldn't even wear a dupatta with the night suit.

Zahra huffed taking a deep breath and walked out seeing him settled into the bed, the dark room only illuminated by his phone's brightness as he read something.

He had already changed in the other room.

She swallowed sitting on the other side of the bed. It was big enough for them to fit in without touching the other but it was still awkward.

"It's okay. I don't snore," he chuckled putting his phone on the nightstand beside him and she chuckled before freezing for a moment.

"And there is no tax for laughing in this house as well, promise." Zahra scratched her wrist not knowing what to say.

"I wasn't thinking that," she ignored his later statement pulling her feet up and slowly pushed her legs under the blanket.

The warmth already making her drowsy.

"I thought you must be worried about that," he mumbled sleepily. He was already snuggled inside.

She didn't reply but laid down, her breath stuck inside her chest till she was fully tugged in.

His heavy breaths told her he was fast asleep and it was then that she loosened up a bit.

But sleep was far away from her that night.
_

Zahra ran a hand over her shirt, smoothening the curves before looking at herself in the mirror.

She was wearing a red dress with an orange cotton dupatta.

She didn't tie a proper hijab but just put the dupatta over her head, her freshly showered hair open at her back. She did minimal makeup with light red lips.

An eager knock on the door made her walk to it as she pulled it open revealing excited faces of all the girls.

"Good morning," Zoha hugged her tightly and Zahra chuckled before they pulled back.

They all settled inside and Zahra turned to them with a nervous face.

"Is this dress fine?"

"I think you should have worn something fancier but it's okay. This one's good too,"

"I should change maybe," she bit her lip.

"No, this is fine," Ayesha held her arm.

"Are you sure?" She nodded making her pass a smile to the woman.

"Where is Ammar Bhai?" Kiran asked as they all sat on the bed.

"He is in the shower,"

"And? How was your night?" Zoha bumped her shoulder with a teasing smile.

"It was so good," Zahra said exaggerating only to tease her back and saw Zoha's eyes shining with excitement now.

"Really? What happened?" Zahra chuckled smacking the back of her head.

"Idiot," Zoha frowned before clicking her tongue.

"Hey," Ammar's eyes widen as he found all the gang already in the room.

"Hello," Mahnoor grinned and he sighed picking up the brush from the table.

"I should have expected," he muttered loud enough for them to hear.

"Ya, you should have. And now we are taking your bride away," Zoha smiled at him cheekily pulling Zahra up with her.

"Bye bye," Ayesha waved at him before they dragged her out laughing loudly.

She pulled her upper lip between her teeth, hiding her smile.

"He gets so jealous of us," Kiran chuckled making Zoha nod.

"Poor guy. Not even getting to spend any time with his new wife," Zoha pulled Zahra's cheek as they made their way out of the house. Zahra smacked her hand away before they all giggled on their own.

"Assalamualaikum," Zahra greeted her mother-in-law who instantly pulled her in a hug and she smiled.

"Walaikum Salam, you slept comfortably?" She nodded before she was passed onto Dado.

Dado held her hand making her sit beside her.

"Finally, this ring is in the hands of its owner," Dado noticed the ring in her finger and smiled taking a closer look.

They started talking with her about the Valima function tonight.

"Mama," she heard his voice before he emerged into the lounge with a frown on his face.

He looked around not finding his mother in the sight and made his way into the kitchen.

"This child needs his mother the first thing in the morning. Still not grown up," his Dado chuckled and she smiled.

"Ammar please grow up now. You are a married man," his mother walked out with a jug in her hand and he followed with the frown deepened on his forehead.

"So? Married men are not human?"

"Lo bhay, ek naya drama shuru hogaya hai ab," Dado rolled her eyes making her chuckle lightly.

"Zahra, come." Her mother-in-law called from the other side making Zahra stand up and walk to them.

"Finish your breakfast hurriedly. You have to start getting ready for the function too," she pressed her lips before his mother pushed her down on the chair beside her husband and filled her plate with omelette and paratha.

She wasn't feeling like eating anything at all but it didn't look like her mother-in-law was going to let her leave the table without finishing it all.

Ammar was busy mumbling his rants to his mother who was mostly ignoring him.

"Ahad is here that is why you don't give me attention anymore. Fine, I won't even come to you when he will be gone," Zahra frowned at that.

"Ammar," his mother stopped whatever she was doing and gave him a look.

"What?" He did not even look up showing he was upset.

"Apni biwi ke samne thappar khaoge,"

"Yehi kami reh gaye hai bas ab. Voh bhi poori kardein," his mother shook her head sighing tiredly as Zahra looked up at her.

"We have married you to a kid," she pressed her lips as he tilted his head to look at her.

"Yes, you laugh at your husband too," her eyes widened from the sides.

"What is going on?" Zahra looked up to find Hasan uncle as he patted her head to her greeting.

"I am so happy seeing you here," he said making Zahra smile softly. 

"What happened to him?" He asked gesturing to her husband and she opened her mouth but he beat her to it.

"What happened is your wife don't love me anymore," he said looking at his father who sighed too.

"Because you have your own wife to love you now," his father smiled looking between both of them.

"Ya, who is busy laughing at me," he pushed the fork in the eggs forcefully making her stifle her laughter at his childishness.

"Bhabi, where is my coffee?" He called loudly.

"Why aren't you eating anything?" Hasan uncle asked making her pout.

"I don't feel like eating anything. Aunty looks too angry to say anything to right now," his father chuckled.

"It's okay. You can have whatever you want," she smiled thankfully before he called the helper.

"Bhabi," Ammar called again and she raised her brows at his father.

"Leave him. He would keep shouting until Amna would finally bring his coffee," she chuckled making him arch his brow.

"Aren't you laughing too much at your husband?"

"Hey," his father pulled his attention to him.

"Don't try to scare her now,"

"What is your problem, Ammar?" Amna emerged from the drawing room.

"My coffee,"

"I told you I am not making it from now," she put a hand on her waist trying to look serious.

"Okay, fine. I will go out and have my coffee," he stood up making her glare at him.

"Don't create a drama now. I will make it," he passed her a smirk before sitting down again.

"I am leaving for some work, see you later," his father said standing up and she nodded.

"Chachi," she looked down to find Ayan.

"Mama is asking if you will have coffee too?"

"Yes," Ammar replied instead of her and she opened her mouth but closed it.

"Enough now. We are taking your wife away," Zoha came strolling in again and he rolled his eyes.

"As if we were even talking,"

"What were you doing than?"

"Your best friend was busy talking with Baba,"

'As if you were not the one being grumpy and throwing tantrums like a toddler!'

She rolled her eyes internally before Zoha pulled her up.

"Sorry, but we gotta go," and dragged her out laughing at Ammar's annoyed face and Zahra sighed.

Here goes another day of smiling so much that her jaw feel like falling off!
_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 115 4
A Meerasim AU FF
3.8K 191 30
COMPLETE🤍 #1 in TOXIC SERIES "When they ask you why you love the rain, the ocean, the river, tell them it is because to touch you; even when you we...
1.5M 52.7K 18
(Unwanted series#1) Ever heard of any unwanted person? Ever? Aziya was also one of them, an unwanted. No one wanted her. She was an unwanted daughter...
580K 16.7K 81
"I'm taking another wife", Mehmal's heart broke when her husband announced. " I love you, Mehmal. Taking another wife doesn't mean I wouldn't love yo...