Outside || Luke Hemmings

By Wishdust

'You mean to say...you've never walked outside until today?' More

Outside || Luke Hemmings
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Flying banana pancakes
Epilogue
Thank you!
SPIN-OFF WINNERS!

Chapter 39

4.6K 199 6
By Wishdust

It was almost 11 PM and we were back in the hotel.
I had taken a very nice and warm shower and was currently sitting on the bed, trying to figure out how this phone works.
Luke still hadn’t turned on his and I was wondering why.
Luke walked into the bedroom and smiled at me.
It seemed like everything was back to normal after that kiss.
Even though I still wanted him to do it again and I couldn’t stop thinking about that feeling it gave me.
I felt everything but normal now.
But I decided to push it away. It would probably be gone by tomorrow morning, right?
I watched Luke as he walked up to the bed and sat down on it.
He had changed his black skinny jeans for some comfortable sweatpants and he decided to just get rid of his shirt as well.
He had his wallet in one hand and the letter from my parents in the other.
‘Can I ask you something?’ he said, handing me back the letter.
I sat down next to him and nodded ‘Of course you can’
‘How many times did you think of your parents today?’
‘Just once or twice I think. Why?’
‘Because…you are completely hung up on that letter and…well,’ he awkwardly scratched his neck, not wanting to say the next words.
‘the thing is, if you really want to feel less sad or miserable about your parents you have to let them go. And by constantly taking this letter with you, you’re not letting them go, you’re trying to get them back’
I looked at the letter and sighed.
‘I’m not telling you, you should immediately get rid of it. I guess I’m just…asking you to keep that in mind. You can’t spend your whole life holding on to that.’
‘I know’ I answered sadly.
Luke smiled an apologetic smile and scooted closer to me.
He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against his chest.
‘I’m sorry’ he mumbled.
I shook my head ‘Sorry for what?’
‘I don’t know, I’m just sorry’ He pulled away from our hug, only far enough so he could look at me.
‘I’m sorry you have to go through this’ he said, his voice just above a whisper.
‘Well, that’s not your fault right?’ I smiled.
Luke looked at me, the concerned look was back in his eyes but this time it was mixed with something else.
Like he was doubting something.
I furrowed my eyebrows as he looked away from me and sighed.
‘No, you’re right. I couldn’t do anything about it. But that doesn’t mean I still feel sorry for you’
‘Don’t feel sorry for me, I’ll be fine’ Luke smiled and pulled me back against his chest.
He leaned his head against mine and unconsciously started drawing little circles on my back.
‘Can I ask you something else?’ Luke asked after a few minutes of a very comfortable silence.
I nodded and waited for him to continue.
‘What does it say? The letter I mean. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, I was just wondering’
‘eh…’ I started, taking my one arm away from around his chest and looking at the letter in my hand.
‘You can read it if you want’ I said, sitting up straight so I could look at him.
‘Are you sure?’ Luke asked.
I nodded and handed him the letter.
I moved to the other side of the bed to crawl under the blankets and watched him intently as he read through the letter.
I was afraid he was going to judge me for holding on to it, or even worse, that he would laugh at me for it.
But when he finished reading, he didn’t laugh and he didn’t judge me.
He just carefully put it on the bedside table and crawled over to me.
He laid down under the blankets and motioned for me to come cuddle with him.
‘Now I understand why you keep reading it’ he said, turning of the lights.
‘I didn’t memorize it yet, if that’s what you were wondering’  I mumbled.
Luke didn’t answer, he just continued drawing figures on my arm as I slowly felt myself drift off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.4K 32
"It was 4 am when I answered your text."
280K 8.9K 26
when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence
292 1 19
a missed/lost opportunity (a chance that you did not use) all rights reserved
1.4K 84 22
Nothing is ever as it seems.