Myths of Remnant, Legends Nev...

由 JTSmith22

In the wilderness near Vale, a teenager burdened by tragedies hunts Grimm alone. That is until a very interes... 更多

The Volunteer
Friends huh?
The Flight of the Valkyrie
The Emerald Forest
Initiation's End
The Badge and the Burden Part 1
Jaundice Part 2/Forever Fall Part 1
Forever Fall Part 2
The Stray/Parabellum
Black and White/End of Volume One
Volume 2, Part 1: Assassinations and Food Fights
Board Games and Plans
A Minor Hiccup and an Escort Mission
Painting the Town
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Dance Dance Infiltration
Field Trip/Search and Destroy
Mountain Glenn/No Brakes
Breach
Volume 3, Part 1: Round One
New Challengers...
It's Brawl in the Family
Lessons Learned/Birthday Girl
Never Miss a Beat
Fall
Destiny
PvP
Battle of Beacon
Heroes and Monsters
End of the Beginning
The Aftermath of Tragedy
The Miracle and the Revelation
A Protector and a Resolution
Next Steps
The Great Escape
Rememberance
Of Runaways, Stowaways, and Nightmares
Family Reunions
A Debrief
Photos and Menagerie
Tipping Point
Thunderous Applause, Punishment, and an New Resolve
A Gift and an Explanation
A Much Needed Talk
Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back.
Kuroyuri
Taking Control
No Safe Haven
I Have A Yang
Fangirls Are Crazy Man
Welcome to Haven
Dread in the Air
Unforseen Complications
Lighting the Fire
Necessary Sacrifice
Known By Its Song
Rest and Resolutions
Alone Together
A Perfect Storm
True Colors
Maybe Ravens Aren't So Bad?
The Rise of an Arctic Wolf
The Other Brother and a Mother Daughter Bonding Brawl
Where One Adventure Ends, Another Begins
Smug Moms Everywhere

The Badge and The Burden Part 2/Jaundice

1.7K 38 25
由 JTSmith22

Now Weiss Schnee is back in her regular attire, readying her Myrtenaster at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last episode. Her teammates cheer her on from their seats in the front row. Yang rases her fist and shouts with enthusiasm.

"Goooo, Weiss!" Right next to her Blake waves a small flag with "RWBY" written on it and also pipes up.

"Fight well!" Now Weiss's only remaining teammate joins in. Ruby proudly speaks up.

"Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!"

Weiss Schnee lowers her sword and looks over at her "leader".

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!"

Ruby is looking sheepish at being called out.

"Oh, um... Sorry..."

Mumbling to Tobias, Y/N isn't very impressed with the snobby Schnee. 

"What's her problem? Her whole team is cheering for her and she gets angry at only Ruby? Whatcha think Sparky?" Going along with the nickname because it sounds kinda cool, Tobias answered. 

"I don't know, it seems hard to have a beef with the human equivalent of an energetic puppy. Your guess is as good as mine Titan." Y/N chuckled and accepted the nickname with dignity. Then they both looked back to the front where Port is calling for the event to begin.

"Allllright!" 

He's next to the cage, pulling out his weapon, Blowhard.

"Let the match... begin!"

The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss. She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her.

Y/N holds out his hand in triumph and whispers to Tobias. 

"Pay up Sparky." Taking out 20 Lien, Tobias grumpily whispers back.

"Shut up Titan."

Then Port calls out to Weiss.

"Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" 

Ruby, bless her heart keeps encouraging her teammate.

"Hang in there, Weiss!"

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back. Ever the fan of decisive action, Port compliments her.

"Bold, new approach. I like it!"

Ruby joins in.

"Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!"

Weiss turns to glare at Ruby, only for the Boarbatusk to turn its head and rip the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks. Keeping up his commentary, Port calls out.

"Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?"

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and make it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand.

Trying to help, Ruby calls out with some advice. 

"Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-"

Angrily Weiss turns to Ruby.

"Stop telling me what to do!"

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.

Port calls his hands and continues his commentary.

"Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!" 

As Weiss stands up at attention from her exhausted position, Ruby continues to frown. Then suddenly, another boartusk leaps out of the cage everyone thought was empty and charges towards the fuming Weiss. Quickly nodding at each other, Tobias and Y/N jump into action. Using his semblance, Tobias created a strong gust of wind that yanked the exhausted Weiss out of harm's way. Y/N drew Storm and took aim. Before anyone else could even say a word, Y/N shot it through the stomach. The loud pop of the bullet being fired caused everyone to blink. They almost missed the boartusk burn away as the fire dust round burns it till it vanishes. Satisfied, the two guys sat back down as quickly as they had stood.  It took a second for everyone to come back to their senses, but then Port continued on like nothing had happened. 

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!"

Weiss dusts herself off, glares at Ruby, and turns away, walking hurriedly to the exit past her teammates. Jaune watches her leave and says to no one in particular.

"Sheesh, what's with her? Not even a thank you."

The remaining members of Team RWBY look at each other with the same question.

Weiss is still storming off, but Ruby turns a corner and manages to catch up with her.

"Weiss!"

Weiss turns around in a huff. 

"What?"

"What's wrong with you? Why are you being-?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader, and all you've been so far is a nuisance!"

Scoffing, Ruby replies.

"What did I do?"

"That's just it - you've done nothing to earn your position! Back in the forest, you acted like a child, and you've only continued to do so!"

"Weiss, where is this coming from? What happened to all the talk about 'working together'? I thought you believed in acting as a team."

"Not a team led by you. I've studied and trained. And quite frankly, I deserve better." 

She turns her back to Ruby, trying to reach out but dropping her hand with the following words. 

"Ozpin made a mistake." Weiss walks away as Ruby looks dejected.

Ozpin who is standing quietly right behind a surprised Ruby with a coffee in one hand and his cane in the other, speak out.

"Hmm... Now that didn't seem to go very well."

Ruby who is looking doubtful, even on the verge of tears turns to Ozpin sadly.

"Is she right? Did you make a mistake?"

Ozpin, like he knows something no one else does, laughs slightly.

"That remains to be seen."

Weiss is still walking around the halls until she comes across a balcony where Professor Port is watching the sunset over Beacon Academy's rooftops.

Weiss approaches him and calls out his name.

"Professor Port!"

Port turns to look at her.

"Ah, Miss Schnee! And to what do I owe this fine pleasure?"

"I... I enjoyed your lecture!"

"Of course you did, child; you have the blood of a true Huntress in you."

Weiss smiles like something has been proven.

 "You really think so?"

"Most surely!" He notices Weiss' small frown and lack of eye contact.

"Hmm... Something's troubling you."

"Yes, sir..."

"Dear girl, confess to me your strife!"

"Well... I-I think I should have been the leader of Team RWBY!"

Port is silent for a moment until he speaks. 

"That's preposterous!" 

Quickly the view switched back to Ruby and Ozpin. Ruby questions Ozpin.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, it's only been one day. Ruby... I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. But at this moment, I would not consider your appointment to leader to be one of them."

He leans in so he can look more directly at Ruby.

"Do you?" 

The view switched back to an enraged Schnee and Professor Port.

"Excuse me?!"

"I've believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray!"

"So you would just blindly accept his decision even after seeing how exceptional I am?"

"With all due respect, your exceptional skill on the battlefield is matched only by your poor attitude." This has Weiss seething. 

"How dare you!"

"My point exactly. I see a girl before me who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted."

Weiss then cosses her arms, looking defiant.

"That's not even remotely true!" Under the teacher's gaze, she reluctantly relents.

"Well... not entirely true." 

Switching back to Ozpin and Ruby, Ozpin is continuing. 

"Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you're not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?"

Ruby looks thoughtful with Ozpin's words, then smiles at him.

Now back to Port as he gives Weiss something to think about.

"So the outcome did not fall in your favor. Do you really believe that acting in such a manner would cause those in power to reconsider their decision?" 

As Weiss finally calms down and looks at him again he continues.

"So instead of fretting about what you don't have, savor what you do. Hone your skills, perfect every technique, and be not the best leader, but the best person you can be."

Weiss smiles a little at the words of wisdom. As the view switched back to Ozpin as he turns away from Ruby, still talking to her.

"You've been burdened with a daunting responsibility, Ruby. I advise you take some time, to think about how you will uphold it."

Ruby, with a last look of consideration, turns and walks away. She comes to the balcony where Port is walking away from Weiss and smiles a little at her partner.

Now the view switched to the dorm of Team STLL. Tobias and Y/N are sheepishly sitting in front of what looks to be an angry Sara.

"You two! Do you realize that your little stunt, if pulled off with even a hint of miscommunication, could have resulted in a very injured Ice Queen? Not saying she didn't deserve a little something to shut her up, but you two could have injured her and let that Grimm loose!" 

Sara shakes her head and lets out a breath. Lily is eating some kind of chocolate bar on her bed, half paying attention and half playing a game on her scroll. Then Sara brings her hands down towards the two boys heads...and ruffles their hair.

"That being said, you two instinctively worked together and everything worked out. Good job boys. You made team STLL proud today. Just please in the future…" The two look up at her with hopeful eyes. Her voice turns a bit exasperated with a tinge of humor.

"If at all possible, please ask permission before getting into any kind of trouble." All of them laughed and the view slowly highlights the setting sun. It's been a long first day. 

The full moon shines over the green lights of Beacon, and in the room of Team RWBY, the door opens and Weiss' shadow is seen against the hall's light. Blake is sleeping under the covers, Yang is spread out on her bed and snoring, and when Weiss lifts the blanket of Ruby's tent, she finds the occupant with her head resting on notes, a pencil in her hand, and open books all around her. Weiss, looking amazed at Ruby's determination, clears her throat and gently shakes the other girl awake, who takes a second to regain consciousness and start flailing in surprise.

"Weiss! I-I was studying, and then I fell asleep! I'm sorry..."

Weiss places a hand over Ruby's mouth and puts a finger to her own so Ruby understands the need for lowering her voice. Weiss looks near Ruby's pillow and spots an empty Beacon coffee mug.

Weiss then lowers her hand.

"How do you take your coffee?"

"I... I don't..."

Weiss gets irritated.

"Answer the question!"

"Uhh, cream and five sugars!"

Weiss sighs.

"Don't move." 

She ducks under to her own bed and comes up a moment later with a fresh cup, offering it to Ruby.

"Here."

"Um... Thanks, Weiss."

Weiss smiles, then looks apologetic.

"Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a good leader." Ruby smiles appreciatively.

"Just know that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have!" They share a smile.

"Good luck studying!" She ducks under, only to come up and point at one of Ruby's papers.

"That's wrong, by the way." Again she ducks under, then her voice comes from the doorway this time. 

"Hey, Ruby?"

"Uh-huh?"

Weiss stands in the door with her hand on the knob.

"I always wanted bunk beds as a kid." She starts to close the door.

Ruby, grinning at the progress with her friend, goes back to her notes and looks where Weiss had pointed. 

"Ohhhh, I thought that was a 2."

Weeks Later

Cardin Winchester has The Executioner perched on his shoulder and Jaune is opposite him with Crocea Mors drawn, leaning on his weapon as if exhausted, in the spotlight shining on the Beacon Academy auditorium stage.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as The Executioner sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose."

Trying to show some dignity, Jaune starts to reply.

"Over my dead-!"

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch's voice causes him to stop.

"Cardin, that's enough!" 

He relents and walks away as she comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet.

"Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match." While Jaune still lays on the floor in defeat and Pyrrha Nikos looks sad, Glynda turns her head to look at the losing warrior as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team.

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin mumbles loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Speak for yourself..."

Glynda speaking to the seated and standing students, such as: Yang Xiao Long, punching the air in anticipation; Weiss Schnee, shaking her fists with an excited smile; Ruby Rose, shaking her entire body with enthusiastic energy while squealing softly, and the Y/N high fiving his partner in crime, Tobias.

"Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

The bell rings, and students start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame as the scene goes dark.

Now looking into the excited Nora Valkyrie's turquoise eyes as she tells an unbelievable story to her audience...

"So! There we were, in the middle of the night..."

Ren's voice is heard calmly while Nora still dominates the view. 

"It was day."

Nora turns to Blake Belladonna, paying no attention as she is lost in her book, Y/N and Tobias as they sit their with their mouths hanging open, and Yang, who is hanging on her every word with her hands cupping her face.

"We were surrounded by Ursai..."

Ren who is holding a coffee cup continues his calm interpretation of Nora's craziness.

"They were Beowolves."

"Dozens of them!" Nora screams this as she stands at the table of Team RWBY , STLL, and JNPR, where Weiss is ignoring Nora and filing her nails, Ruby, Sara, Lily, and Pyrrha are listening politely, and Jaune is messing with his food. Again Ren translates that from native Nora to English for everyone.

"Two of 'em."

Nora continues while Ruby and Pyrrha now look at a distant Jaune with concern.

"But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren sighs as she finishes. 

"She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now."

Pyrrha is now looking at her leader.

"Jaune? Are you okay?"

Jaune then snaps out of it, turning back toward them. "Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?"

Ruby adds her two cents.

"It's just that you seem a little... not okay..."

Jaune, as the others stop their distractions and stare at him.

"Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!" He holds up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughs at her and Sky Lark holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features. 

Pyrrah continues talking to Jaune.

"Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!"

"Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!"

Ruby deapan spits the truth. 

"He's a bully."

Jaune scoffs before replying with false confidence.

"Oh, please! Name one time he's 'bullied' me."

Tobias enters the conversation.

"How about the time he knocked your books out of your hands just for shits and giggles?"

Jaune replies with a hint of sadness. 

"He was just playing around." Seeing the opportunity, Y/N pipes up next.

"What about the time he opened your shield as you entered class, getting you stuck for an hour?"

Jaune again defends the act.

"It was a friendly joke that went a little...wrong."

Now even the soft spoken Lily gets in on the action. She points at Jaune with an accusatory finger.

"And the time when Glynda was giving us our lockers? When he shut you in there like it was a rocket propelled coffin and sent you off to who knows how far away? Was that a joke too? No, that was bullying, plain and simple. Face it Jaune, he's a bully and he needs to be stopped."

Jaune doesn't even deny the bullying this time, he just weakly protests.

"I didn't land that far from campus."

The others are totally focused on him now as Pyrrah calmly speaks to him.

"Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask." Norah decides it's time to join in.

"Ooooh!" She gets up from the table and presents her diabolical plan with a not-entirely-sane grin.

"We'll break his legs!" Sara then comments darkly.

"Well normally I'm all for following the rules, but for him I'd make an exception, screw the legs, let's break all his limbs."

With a concerned glance at Nora and Sara, Jaune replies weakly.

"Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone."

They all look over as the laughing grows louder, mixed in with cries of pain from the rabbit girl when one of her ears are tugged on by Cardin. When it starts to get bad she cries out.

"Ow! That hurts!" She stops struggling and grimaces as she says.

"Please, stop..."

Cardin continues laughing as he turns to his cronies.

"I told you it was real!"

One of the other CRDL goons guffs with his teammates.

"What a freak!"

Standing up almost at the same time as Tobias, Y/N grates out his words to Sara.

"Permission to interfere?"

Usually Sarah is very strict about fighting and is very forceful about not doing it. But this time, she doesn't hesitate. 

"Do as you wish."

Tobias moves to go with Y/N, but Y/N waves him off.

"Sit down Sparky, this will on take a second. You can get him next time."

Y/N hides his face of pure anger and smiles as he approaches Cardin.

"What seems to be the problem boys?" 

Cardin responds by pushing Y/N back.

"Mind your own damn business ya freak."

He reaches for bunny girl's ears again. Slapping his hand away, Y/N's smile gets even bigger. 

"Could you maybe stop that? I don't think this fine young lady likes it."

Bunny girl looks between Y/N and Cardin in fear. Cardin puffs out his chest and looks up a tiny bit at the slightly taller Y/N.

"So you wanna be a hero huh tough guy? I'll show you..." He throws a punch before he finishes his sentence and Y/N takes it, well to be more precise, he tanks it. Cardin's massive fist impacted Y/N's face and doesn't move it a millimeter. Then with three words and a tsking sound, Y/N retaliates. 

"Tsk tsk tsk. Manners. Maketh. Man."

He sweeps Cardin's legs, knocking him to the ground. As the rest of the CRDL goons enter the fray and throw punches of their own, Y/N blocks the punches from each and every one with ridiculous ease. His semblance is barely starting to call this work. Then he one shots them all. Swift hits to the painful areas like a knuckle hit under ones jaw, a punch to another's kidney, a kick to the back of one's knee, and a straight uppercut to Cardin's face settles the matter in a few moments. Y/N didn't start the fight, but he damn sure ended it. Cardin holds his now bloody nose and then decides to leave.

"I'll get you next time you giant freak!" Cardin then slaps one of his teammates in the back of the head and walks over him, retreating quickly. 

Turning back to the table with his friends, Y/N is greeted by many different facial expressions. His teammates are shaking their heads at his enthusiasm, JNPR is sitting there dumbstruck, Wiess' mouth is gaping like a fish out of water, Blake and Ruby's eyes are twinkling in amazement and Yang is basically drooling. With his signature smile and a small shrug, Y/N sits back down and enjoys his meal. After a few seconds, Pyrrah gains some sense of herself back and angrily spits out her words, staring at the retreating Cardin.

"Atrocious. I can't stand people like him."

Blake is seen staring daggers at Cardin's team. 

"He's not the only one..."

Yang, sadly, leans her head on her hand. 

"It must be hard to be a Faunus."

Having gotten up from the table, Jaune looks back at his friends and sighs to himself before moving on with his tray table. 

A/n: Well this is the first one under 4k words. Hope y'all don't mind. If you're waiting for just a Team STLL adventure, you won't have to wait long it's coming. Like I said, I'll follow the RWBY storyline but take a few detours and liberties to make the story a little less repetitive and a bit more original.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

5.8K 245 13
Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbing from the rich in order to provide a wa...
112K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
166K 2.6K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...