Too Hard To Find (Book One)

By beronicas_child

[COMPLETED] [55,000 - 60,000] Jughead and Betty argue all the time. Over the littlest things too. Jughead hat... More

Listen to Me
We Apologized
More Arguments
Daddy's back
I Don't Remember
This Can't Happen
I Think I've Got It
Not Even Friends
It's Not A Date
What Happened?
New Plan
Do You Like Him?
I Think I Like You
Can't Happen Again...
...maybe
School
CHERYL?!
Serpent Dance
Serpent Tattoo
Cheryl's Party: Part One
Cheryl's Party: Part Two
Slow It Down...
...now
Not A Secret Anymore
The Audio
Physco Baby
How Could You?!
They're No More
Sadness and School Fights
Confusion
One More Kiss
Drunk
Undrunk
New Love
Oh, Baby!
Over
Your Turn
Together Again
Stay With Me
I'll Never Leave
Dead or Alive
Sensitive
Kevin Keller
Secrets Out
What Is It?
Happy
Petty Cooper
Saved
Plans
Online School
Valentine's Day
Lost In A Sea Of Emotions
Home Sweet Home
Another Day Of Love
Waking In The Sun Together
She Loves Me More
Coming Home
Natural Disasters
King and Queen
Again!
I Promise
My Baby Girl
"I Love You"
!!Second Book!!

Prom

499 16 5
By beronicas_child

Veronica's POV

I woke up and sighed quietly. I looked over and nobody was there. Where did he go now? I got up and left the room. The place was empty. Of course!

I've been staying with Jughead still, just because my parents wouldn't let me stay with them. According to my father his offer time was up. So I couldn't stay there anymore. Jughead doesn't know that though.

There has been very little communication between us. Only occasional nods and shrugs. Only a few words are spoken. Dinner is never eaten together anymore. I don't know what's going on with him. He won't talk to me, but he'll spend small nights with me. I honestly feel like I'm being used now. I've tried talking to him about it, but all he says is "it's nothing" or "I'm fine". Its just so frustrating. I then heard my phone buzz. I looked at it and it was Cheryl.

Cheryl Bombshell

C: When are you coming over?

V: I'll be there in a few hours. Will Toni be there, too?

C: Yes, we'll be waiting!

I waited till after five then went to leave. Once I got there, Cheryl greeted me at the door. I smiled and went inside.

"Where's Toni?" I asked.

"I don't know. She said she was going out for a bit and that she might get back a little later." She said.

"She better get back soon." I said and we both laughed. After about and hour the front door opened. It was Toni.

"Finally you're here! Where'd you go?" Cheryl asked.

"I had to do something important. I'll fill you in later. Anyways let's get ready for prom now!" Toni said and we all giggled.

Knowing us three, it took a while because we talk a lot. We never stop! Also, we're girls. And bestfriends. Then, we were finally done getting ready.

"Yup! We're gorgeous bitches!" I said as we looked at each other.

"Agreed." They both said.

Cheryl's dress:

Toni's dress:

Veronica's dress:

"Its almost seven. Shall we call Kevin and get going?" Cheryl asked.

"I'll call him now." Toni said, pulling out her phone. Cheryl looked at me.

"Where's your date?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The hobo? Shouldn't he be picking you up and taking you?" She asked. I just shrugged. Before I could respond Toni walked over to us.

"He'll be here in five minutes." She said. Then we waited.

Once we got to the school and were everybody was, I saw Betty and Sweet Pea almost immediately. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Just ignore them, Veronica." Cheryl said.

"Well, Betty's on her way over here now." Toni said. I looked and sure enough, she was. I sighed again.

"Veronica! Don't you look beautiful!" She said in a slightly fake tone. I rolled my eyes.

Betty's dress:

"What do you want, Betty?" I asked. She just smiled innocently.

"Can't I just come say hi? Also, I've been meaning at ask, how's the baby?" She asked. I felt the tears slowly fill my eyes. I quickly pushed them back.

"I... that's-- that's none of your business, Betty." I said and quickly walked off. I walked away from everybody. I found myself in the girls locker room with Cheryl and Toni right behind me. I tried not to cry, but even just thinking about it gets me emotional.

"Hey, Veronica." Toni said softly a wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "Ignore her." She says.

"She doesn't know. She doesn't know and she'll keep bringing it up. It hurts, guys. I hate thinking about it." I said as a few tears ran down my face.

"I know it does. I know." Toni whispered. "Oh, don't cry!" She said when she noticed. Cheryl quickly wiped the tears away.

"Okay, get up you two!" Cheryl said and we got up. She looked at me. "Veronica, this is prom. Ignore that psycho baby and let's have the night of our lives, okay?" I smiled and laughed a little.

"Okay." I said. Cheryl grabbed my hand and pulled me back where everybody else was, and Toni followed.

Night went on great. I kept away from Betty and Sweet Pea and just stayed with Cheryl and Toni. At around eight I saw Jughead come in. I sighed and looked away from him. I then walked away from Cheryl and Toni to hide myself. I don't know what's happening with us. After a while, I walked back to Cheryl and Toni.

"Hey, guys. I think I'm gonna go." I said.

"What?! This early? It's only like 8:30." Cheryl said. I nodded.

"I know, I'm just not feeling this tonight." I said.

"Veronica, no. This is your one and only senior prom. You are staying here!" Cheryl said. I looked at Toni.

"Don't argue with her right now. Besides, I saw Jughead over ther earlier. You should go find him again." Toni said. I sighed and nodded then walked off. I found Jughead away from everybody. He was standing in the hallway by himself. I walked over to him.

"Jughead?" I asked. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I sighed quietly.

"Yes?" He asked annoyed.

"This might be weird for me to ask this, but do you want to dance with me?" I asked nervously. I don't even know why I'm nervous. Maybe it's because we haven't had a proper conversation in three weeks!

"Me? You wanna dance with me? Shocker!" He said sarcastically.

"Okay, I've been holding back from saying this, but what the hell is going on with you?!" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You've been acting so weird and distant. It's like you hate me or something. What did I do to you?" I asked.

"You don't know? You really don't know?!" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I don't. So please tell me what I did wrong!" I said.

"Do you still love Archie?" He asked plainly.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You still love Archie. I know you do!" He said.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Because he told me! Also, you "going" to Cheryl's and Toni's before and after school. I know you were just going to see him, but I didn't say anything." He said.

"You're really gonna believe Archie?!" I asked. He looked down. "He's an ass. And he may still be in love with me, but that doesn't mean I'm still in love with him! Jughead, I love you!" I said.

"Really? This isn't just you saying that to lead me on?" He asked.

"I can't believe you right now!" I almost yelled. "Jughead, if you want to believe Archue that's fine! But I love you! And only you. If you think I'm just trying to lead you on, fine! I mean, it's not like I was pregnant with your child for two months." He looked at me and he had calmed. "Believe what you want, but I'm gonna go find Cheryl and Toni." I said and walked off.

"Wait!" He said. I turned back and looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm... so stupid." He said and walked towards me. "I know you wouldn't love Archie. I don't know why I would even believe that. I'm sorry, Veronica." He said. I shook my head and sighed.

"Are we even still together?" I asked.

"What? Yes!" He said and pulled me into a hug. I pulled away and wiped a tear. "Why are you crying?"

"This night has been awful. First Betty and now this. I just--"

"Wait, wait, wait, Betty said something to you? What did she say?" He asked.

"Just something about the baby." I said tearing up again.

"Don't listen to her. Whether she knows or not, just don't." I looked up at him and nodded. I kissed him and he kissed back.

"Want to get out of here?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and we quickly left.

When got to the trailer and he kissed me again. I smiled and he chuckled. We both undressed into whatever we were wearing under everything. He pushed me back on the bed and I giggle. He hovered over me.

"I love you." I said. He smiled.

"I love you, too." He said and kissed me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.1K 31
betty cooper and archie andrews were supposed to be the best of friends. however, since they both began dating their respective romantic partners the...
20.1K 436 44
Betty and Jughead are both 21 years old, they got engaged almost 2 years ago and have a 3 year old boy, Jayden. Jughead is a writer and also works at...
9.1K 117 40
After break-up, Jughead and Betty managed to be friends for entire year, having calls and texts, sharing things about their lifes in university. Jugh...
104K 1.7K 62
When Betty Cooper applies for a job to help provide for her family, she meets people who change her life for the better. Past secrets are working the...