Why Am I Elena Gilbert?

By crazyKate92

You know, the idea of ending up in a fictional world such as this was supposed to be funny especially as Elen... More

Chapter 1 - Am I dreaming?
Chapter 2 - What Comet? Lets build a Fort! Yay! Vervain!
Chapter 3 - Cheerleading? No thanks, Standing up for my Bro? YES SIR
Chapter 4- Wahoo.. Saturday and Bro/Sis bonding! Oh.. party?
Chapter 5- Vervain Tattoo's and Ugh the Plot. . .
Chapter 6 - Learning to fight and Halloween
Chapter 7 - Stefan is Old, Road Trip fun and Tyler Lockwood's curiosity
Chapter 8 - Meeting Alaric, Girl time and Logan what?
Chapter 9 - They've been WHAT? and Logan vs Alaric
Chapter 10 - Real or a Dream? Noah's Annoying
Chapter 11 - BLANKET FORT! Ohhh. . Witchy Book! Gimmie!
Chapter 12 - School, conversing with Alaric and Opening the Tomb
Chapter 13 - Bonding Trips and Raffle skipping
Chapter 14 - Stefan gets Kidnapped and Fredrick is a asshole.
Chapter 15 - Stefan-No-Blood and Protecting Tyler
Chapter 16 - Tyler moves in and His 1st Full Moon.
Chapter 18 - Miss Mystic Falls
Chapter 19 - Stefan gets help and Lena gets scolded. .
Chapter 20 - Meeting Mommy Dearest
Chapter 21 - Founders Day and Visiting Vegas
Chapter 22 - Darling Katherine Has Arrived. .
Chapter 23 - Carolines a Vamp
Chapter 24 - Katherine looks High and Tyler n Mason have a chat
Chapter 25 - Full Moon again and Caroline breaks up with Matt
Chapter 26 - Stefan vs Kat Vervain Edition and Mason New To Fort
Chapter 27 - Making Kat Laugh. . and Mason pretends to die?
Chapter 28 - Craigslist, Masquerades and Kidnappings
Chapter 29 - Meeting Kidnappers and Elijah; Klaus investigates
Chapter 30 - Fights and Kidnapper friends?
Chapter 31 - Elijah, Tylers Full Moon and Jules visits town
Chapter 32 - Elijah Visits, Fort Partys and Mates talk.
Chapter 33 - Kidnapped by sadistic Wolves
Chapter 34 - School, skipping and inanimated objects!
Chapter 35 - You're not my treee and Klaus Klaus visits
Chapter 36 - School, Blood and Hating Needles
Chapter 37 - Road Trip Fun, Danger Magnets and Shenanigans
Chapter 38- Tyler's Dad, Lena has fun and Kol is amused
Chapter 39 - 60's Dance? No. Blanket Fort Party? FUN, FUN!
Chapter 40 - Of Rituals and Where the fuck am I?
Chapter 41 - So, I'm a Ghost now?
Chapter 42 - I want to push you into a wall, but alas I am Transparent
Chapter 43 - Traveling Around and a Brothers Advice
Chapter 44 - Searching and The Pyramids
Chapter 45- Returns and Greetings
Chapter 46 - Sadness Falls, Hello, Daddy, New Mommy and Daddy Two!
Chapter 47 - Augustine VS Elena's Hero's
Chapter 48 - We're Mates
Chapter 49 - Blanket Fort Parties and Killing Spree's
Chapter 50 - Kill Me Now
Chapter 51 - Original Mommy Comes To Visit
Chapter 52 - The Past Slips Out and Original Mommies First Fort Party
Chapter 53 - Having Fun!
Chapter 54 - Adventures of The Traveling Fangs, The Wolf, The Siphon&The Human.
Chapter 55 - The Adventure Begins With a Massacre In Chicago
Chapter 56 - The Hotel Adventures
Chapter 57 - Cults and Accidental Dimension Hopping

Chapter 17 - Of Cuddles and Waning Rituals

11.6K 466 206
By crazyKate92

Gilbert Residence

Tonight is when the ritual is supposed to be. Damon as been going back and forth between watching Stefan and trying to move into the house.

Daddy John is not impressed of course, but I don't really care about that.

It's early morning right now and I can practically feel Damon's eyes on my pretend sleeping person, I don't understand why he's been so paranoid.

Does he expect ripperish Stefan to come in and drain me or did something else happen that I missed?

"Day, why are you stalking me while I'm trying to sleep in?" I ask him quietly.

I hear him chuckle quietly "Because, I'm not sure I can leave you alone."

"Why?" I ask confused.

"You do reckless things." Damon says simply.

I think about that, "I do not." I tell him, what a brat.

Damon replies heatedly "You do too Lena, you got hit twice at that party, which I never got to yell at you about." He huffs, "Do you know how badly I wanted. . . No. . Not wanted. . . How much I WANT to kill the mayor all the time now? Everyday, all the time I'm wanting to kill him. Or how about how I randomly get urges to kill Matt now? Sure Matt didn't mean to hit you, but he still marked you and unless you want me to kill them both you'll have to put up with me staying here." He finishes looking, huh, that happened awhile ago, why does it make him so upset.

ughh, I just wanted to protect my new friend.

I sit up in bed and say dejectedly "it's not a big deal, I didn't even cry!" I finish happily with.

Oh no, now his eyes are narrowed now, I fight the urge to roll my eyes at him. I do love his eyes though, so shiny, so blue!

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him frustrated and with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What happened to you Lena?" He asks me seriously.

I stiffen instantly and say defensively "Well, I fell down the stairs and woke up here."

He raises an eyebrow and says "You know that's not what I meant."

I narrow my eyes at him and snap "Nothing's happened to me."

Next thing I know he's sitting at the end of my bed just looking at me, then he says "You're lying."

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just. ." I feel my words get caught in my throat. I turn my head away from him. I can't talk about this.

"Whatever it was, was it. . . Was it a one time thing or. . .or something that happened continuously?" He asks me, his voice strained and hard, like he's fighting a snarl.

"What's done is done Day." I tell him quietly.

He snarls, I can almost feel his anger "You're going to need to let it out someday Lena."

"I can't, I can't, it'll mean. . . I can't, I can't Damon" I tell him brokenly.

He pulls me into a hugs as he runs his fingers through my hair and then I can't stop it, I haven't even told him and I'm crying into Damon.

I haven't cried because of it in a long time, I just accepted it, accepted I couldn't stop everything my husband did to me when he lost himself.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I whisper to Damon while trying to hold back sobs, I can't be doing this, I'm over it. I'm over it, I have to be. We were happy again, we had kids and he wasn't.. he stoped, he didn't. . .
——————————————————-
Gilbert Residence
3rd POV

Damon's holding her against him as she's saying she's sorry, she has nothing to be sorry for.

It hurts him, it hurts him that she's hurt, that she's been hurt and he didn't understand at first, he didn't understand why he cared so much at first.

Not until Sheila said it. She's his, and he knows that he'll have to share her and he hates that, but he can't hate Lena. He can pick on Tyler though. 

"Shhhhh.. shhhhhh... Lena, Lena. Shhhhh, it's okay" Damon tells her, trying to soothe her, she cares so much, how can she still care so much. He knows whatever it was broke her, but she puts herself together anyways.

Damon sees Tyler slowly open the door and climb into bed, the both notice Lena stiffen and then relax when she sees its just Tyler.

They both wonder if she even notices that she's starting to trust them.

Tyler rubs her back softly, gently. They both noticed her stiffen at his touch and then slowly relax. The boys looked at each other. The need to keep her safe and protected increases.

Both knowing that regardless of what she says whatever had happened to her was bad, very bad and most likely it affects her more then she wants to admit.

After a couple more minutes she lets go of Damon and scoots away from both guys. She starts fiddling with her fingers, a nervous tic they both seem to notice.

Tyler gets up and softly tells her that he's going to get ready for the day. "See you in a bit Lena."

After Tyler leaves they sit in silence briefly.

Then she speaks, not timidly. But softly "I'm sorry Day. I just, it doesn't matter okay? And maybe I won't be here soon and ..."

Before she can finish Damon grabs her hands pulling her closer, she freezes at first and starts to fight him, then her mind realizes he doesn't plan on hurting her she stops, she opens her mouth to apologize when Damon snaps at her "Don't, Don't finish that sentence Lena, you'll be fine, you'll be safe and" he pauses for a second and whisper snaps, with his voice hard, "I WONT LET YOU DIE" and he won't, he won't let her.

Her eyes are wide, but her face is confused "but.."

"I KNOW" Damon snaps again.

Then he gently continues running his fingers through her hair. He speaks softly to her hair as he holds her and rocks her back and forth gently as if she was a baby "I know, I know you're not her Lena, I'm not, god I don't want Kat, I swear I don't. I want to protect YOU, I want YOU safe. You're not her face, you're yours and I can't let you die, this is real I swear this is real."

"Thank you, for caring about me." She whispers quietly to him. He feels his heart squeezing a little. He knows then that she is still convinced that she's dreaming or dream-coma as she dubs it.

Then it's like a switch was flicked and she rights herself, making herself back into the strong and happy person they always seem to see. Then she says a smile "We should get ready for the day, the ritual is tonight."

It perplexes him how she can do that, to act like nothing happened when he knows she's hurting. How he knows she would've rather cried more. Or how he knows she would've rather stayed cuddled in the blankets and being sad for awhile.

——————————————————————
Gilbert Residence

We are sitting around the table. Daddy decided to join us for breakfast today and he's spent most of the time glaring at Damon. It's rather rude.

"Daddy, stop glaring at Damon and eat your pancakes." I tell him. Ohh, now he's glaring at me.

I raise an eyebrow and say "What? The food will go cold if you don't eat it."
It really will, then it doesn't taste as good.

I grin and say excitedly "next time I'm making blueberry waffles and strawberry syrup"

Jeremy snickers and both Tyler and Damon get a smile on their face. It'd be a lie if I said daddy dear didn't look perplexed right now.

"Let me know when you make that Lena, I'd love to come over for breakfast again" Damon tells me.

I smile happily "Really?"

He nods with his signature smirk in place "Really, you're a great cook."

I smile even more. Daddy doesn't look happy though. "Do you think it tastes bad dad?" I ask him curiously.

Daddy John lets out a sigh "No, I just. I have some things to do today is all."

I nod. Course he does, the whole founding thing thinger is next Friday. I miss my really real daddy.

He gets up and leaves.

After we finish eating we're kind of just sitting around, I see my brother and Damon and Tyler looking at me every few seconds.

I let out a sigh "What is it?"

Jeremy is the first to speak "We're just worried about you, you've been looking a bit sad."

I smile at him and say "I'm fine, it's just one of those days where I feel a little down I guess. "

Damon speaks up after and says "Lena? Me and Tyler want to take you to do something fun before we meet Miss Sheila for the ritual. Alright?"

"Like what?" I ask curiously.

They look at each other then say "You'll see."

I let out a sigh. "Okay"

——————————————————————
The Lake

They took me to the lake that's not very far from town, luckily this is where the ritual was decided to take place.

"I love the lake!" I said excitedly.

"Lets go in, let's go in!" I say while jumping up and down as I ran for the dock.

I heard Tyler laugh as I was about to jump off when Damon grabbed me from behind and stopped me mid jump. "Day, don't do that, I wanna swim, I practically grew up in the lake." I tell him with a smile.

Tyler's head snaps up to mine, his look is thoughtful, I'm going to have to tell him. He deserves to know, he'll probably think I'm crazy or hate me but he's been a good friend. He deserves to know.

His brow is scrunched up in thought, "When will you tell me?"

I take a deep breath and let it out "I'm not from here, that day I woke up in class? I . . I fell down the stairs and I'm, I don't remember anything Elena did, all I remember is being practically asleep and hearing one of my kids cry. I was running up the stairs I know but I was so tired, I don't remember the fall. All I know is I'm either dreaming about the Vampire Diaries or I'm dead and" I swallowed thickly, my kids, my kids, my husband, my siblings and my family, I have to be dreaming, I have to.

I start pacing I can't be, I can't be, I, then I feel a set of arms around me and I freeze, I look to see Damon holding me again, his hand running through my hair again as tears slip by again, fuck, why does this keep happening to me.

It isn't long before Tyler comes over and hugs me as well playing with the hair by my neck. "I-I-I'm sorry" I stutter out as my face heats up and I try to pull away from them, they hold me tighter

"It's okay Lena," Tyler whispers to me.

"We got you" Damon says gently.
It felt like forever that the three of us stayed like that.

But then I pulled myself together again and I jump into the lake, it made me feel better, more refreshed.

I swam up to the shore, ran up to Damon and Tyler on the dock and pushed them off, which ended up with all of us falling into the lake since both boys grabbed my hand.

"How rude" I say to them with a huff and a pout.

They chuckle "You pushed us in first Lena" Damon says.

"We only helped you get right back in princess" Tyler says jokingly.

I splash Damon and then Tyler, but then we noticed that it's starting to get darker. We go to shore and get dressed and await the Bennett's arrival.
——————————————
When Miss Sheila arrived we watched her set up as she choose where we were placed.

We stood in a circle formation as she handed us a knife and begin tolight candles around us.

"As I begin chanting , Cut your hand and let it drip into the bowl, when your blood stops filling it pass it to the next person and repeat until you have all done so."

We nod

She continues instructing us "After that give the bowl to the person on your right and drink exactly two small gulps then pass it on until it's back with the first person, then lift the bowl together high until I've finished chanting. When the ritual is complete you will be drowsy, Bonnie is with Jeremy and when we're done he will take you all home." 

It felt like hours that the ritual went on, it was draining but in the end I felt light, I was hoping it wouldn't take so much out of me, I did this for Tyler, the pain of the transformation seems horrible, but then Damon decided he was joining us too and I don't know, we won't know if it worked to ease Tylers transformation or not until the next full moon. Then if it removed the block on it completely maybe we'll know soon.
——————————————
Gilbert Residence
3rd POV

It was morning at the Gilbert Residence and if you were to step into the living room right now you'd find Damon, Lena and Tyler snuggled together on the couch with a large blanket over them for warmth. There's nothing in their outward appearance that'd suggest they had a ritual last night, you wouldn't notice that the gods granted them gifts that they haven't gifted in a long time. No one performs rituals to them anymore you know

You also wouldn't notice that farther away a hybrid was getting sleepy for no reason and is feeling a certain pull towards Mystic falls but doesn't understand why he wants to go that way just yet.
————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 107 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

27.6K 1.2K 9
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...
820K 32.1K 45
I will be the first to say that I'm not sure why I happened to seemingly be reincarnated into one Caroline Forbes? I don't do cheerleading, sure I'm...
221K 4.5K 37
"Ask yourself, Kaitlyn, will you ever be able to look past all of Damon's imperfections?" "I shouldn't have to look past them like they don't exist...