PRISONERS

By GirLegend99

"You're accused of murdering Harry Styles. What do you have to say about that?" Logan asked me incredulously... More

Prisoners
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue

Chapter 17

3.2K 175 180
By GirLegend99

• Chapter 17 •

When they got Harry out of the room, one of the guards came to unlock my cuffs. I spat at him right in the face out of disgust and anger and he just ran away, cursing me as if there's no tomorrow, because obviously, Logan was present and if he dared to lay a finger on me, he would be fired.

I just wanted to be left alone. I denied lunch and dinner, my stomach was firmly closed for the day. The nerve cracking anticipation of seeing Harry had wrecked me completely. I couldn't snap out of my daze. I was completely worn off of the situation and I couldn't control it.

The whole day passed and he didn't come back, nor did I hear anything about him from the guards. Everyone was ignoring me, so I shut myself down and decided to ignore everyone as well. 

Crawled up in my new bed, all I could  fucking think, was him. How is he, is he in pain, is he going to be okay, what are they going to do to him, when is he coming back...All those thoughts were constantly replaying in my head like a beloved song. I had my lights off, consumed by darkness and my torturing thoughts.

My heart beat slowly, my breaths even, my eyes shut closed. All I could see, was him, on the floor, tortured by the guards. He deserved that, he really did, I can't say he didn't, he literally cut Cass’ throat open as if it was nothing, in front of hundreds of eyes. Logan was right, he had to punish him.

Why the fuck am I so upset about it thought?

If it was someone else, I would be laughing at the sight. But seeing Harry being so vulnerable, so powerless...i  pained me. My mind is too cluttered with thoughts to think of the real reason behind my feelings, but I know it's something I can't control. It's beyond me.

I heard the footsteps inching closer to my cell and I mentally face palmed myself. Not again. I heard the clicking of the keys against the bars, signaling me to get up. I didn't reply nor move from my comfortable warm spot in my bed.

“Come on craziness, dr.Cane is waiting for you.” Stephen’s voice reached my ears.

I didn't reply, I let him realize it by himself that I'm not in the mood for any psychological shit. I heard him sigh deeply before he clicked the bars again with his keys, the sound slowly irritating me.

“Rose, you have to get out.” He told me firmly, trying to sound authorative. I resisted the urge to laugh at the stupid thought. When I didn't reply, he spoke again. “Rose, stop being so stubborn.” he groaned.

“Fuck off, Steve.” I growled, turning my back to him, although I knew he couldn't see me. I had my curtains closed all day.

“Listen, I have a deal,” he started, lowering his voice.

“Not interested.”

“It's about Harry.”

I snapped my head towards his direction, opening my eyes. Harry? My heart skipped beats at the thought of seeing him. Careful, it's Stephen. He is a massive douche and he is known for being smart as fuck most of the times. Maybe he is saying that just to earn my trust and get me out of my cell so he won't get in trouble. He does only care about himself and that's a fact.

“I'm not scheming, I swear.” he sensed me suspicion.

“Speak.”

“I'll take you to him, if you go to dr.Cane first.”

I didn't have to think twice. I was going to see Cane just so I could see Harry. Besides, Cane didn't have to do with Harry's punishment and I know he truly cares about me, so it's only fair for me to be present to our appointments.

I got off the bed and walked over to the cell's door. Pulling the black thick curtain to the side, I revealed myself to Stephen. He lifted his gaze from the ground to me, the shock obvious in his brown eyes. He probably expected me to send him to hell or ignore him.

“If you don't take me to him, I will have your head for dinner.” I said venomly, meaning the words.

The anger I felt for him and every officer in this prison had been doubled since the incident with Harry. I wouldn't mind killing a few more people, I'm doomed either way.

Surprisingly, he didn't smirk nor say anything cocky. There was an undeniable fear swimming in his brown irises that he would never admit, but I'm not blind. I know when my victim is scared or not. He unlocked the door and put the handcuffs on me before leading me out of the room.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him as we walked down the mysteriously empty hallway.

“It's not like I have a choice.” he replied gruffly.

To my surprise, we didn't keep walking towards Cane’s office. Instead, he stopped me right outside the recovery room and pulled open the door, making my stomach twist with anxiety and curiosity. With a frown on my face, I stepped inside after Stephen, my heart sinking the moment I saw Harry.

He was lying in bed, with bandages, stitches and bruises on his face, arms and hands. His long hair was gone now, so all of his sharp features were more visible to me, along with his tattoos. The sheet covered his lower half so all I could see him wear was a white shirt. His green tortured eyes met my own, the wildness still captive in them. I couldn't help but feel relieved to see him, but terribly worried about his state. Every part of my body wanted to run over to him and touch him, but I resisted. Elijah, his head officer, was sitting on a chair next to him, his dark brown eyes eyeing me closely.

“I thought I'm supposed to see Cane first.” I told Stephen, cocking a brown at him.

“I told him to say that so the guards wouldn't block you from leaving. I'm not supposed to have guests.” Harry replied, his voice hoarse, raspy. It sounded strangely sexy.

I looked at him surprised, my brows raised. “Is that so?” I turned to Stephen.

He shrugged lightly, “I just follow orders.” he said before reaching for the door handle. “You got 10 minutes. I'll guard.” he informed before he walked our of the room, leaving me, Harry and Elijah alone.

Slightly awkward and nervous, I looked up at the two of them, feeling like a prey. Harry gestured me with his hand to walk over to him and so I did. With Elijah’s eyes on me the entire time, I couldnt help but feel pressed and anxious. There is something terribly dark about him, I wouldn't want to find out.

I neared Harry's bed but there wasn't any chair so I just stood one step away, taking in the bruises decorating his skin. The anger for the stupid officers was rebuilt in a split second. He looked at me intently, drowning me. He patted the empty spot beside him on the bed, motioning me to sit there. I carefully took a seat beside him, my heart increasing speed when his arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to him.

Why does this feel so right?

“Did they do anything to you?” he asked me slowly, his grip tightening around me as his green eyes melted my own. I could notice the change of his features from cold to soft.

I shook my head, “No, they can't do anything to me.”

“You think,” Elijah shot sarcastically, “The moment this psycho right here swiped the knife in that bitch’s throat, every prisoner out there wants him decapitated.” He stated angrily, glaring at Harry.

“It doesn't matter what they want.” I argued, raising my shoulders.

“I'm afraid it does.” Elijah looked at me coldly. There is an obvious dislike towards me, although I can't see why. “His punishment was announced today.”

“What?” I blurt, furrowing my brows. “But they already punished him.” I gestured at his state, looking at every bandage covering cuts on his skin.

“It's not just that, Rose.” Harry said lowly, giving me a distant, thoughtful look.

My heart shook with anticipation, my eyes diverting to Elijah, who was on the verge of bursting into shouts. He angrily ran his hands through his brunette hair, his jaw clenched. Well, if he is acting like that, then Harry must be really fucked up.

“What is it?” I asked, keeping my voice low so I wouldn't betray how worried I am.

Elijah stood up, his tall posture making me feel slightly small. He started packing across the room, rubbing his temples, while Harry v stood silent, staring down at the sheets. The tension intensified in the air and my nerves started to kick in, my leg pouncing nervously.

Elijah sighed deeply and stopped in his tracks, turning his slim yet toned body towards us, “Harry's on a death row. He’ll be executed on December 20th, 10am.”

My heart froze to its spot, sparks of shock and fear shot through my spine, my blood cold. I stared at Elijah hardly, trying to proceed correctly the information he just gave me. They're going to kill Harry. I blinked, unable to find my voice. I looked over at the wall at the calendar hanging, reading December 17th today.

In 3 fucking days.

“This can't happen, I-I'm on a death row for 4 years and I'm still here, I-I have to go first before they kill him.” I stuttered, looking at them with wide eyes.

Harry squeezed my waist gently, sending sparks through me. His green eyes looked more beautiful than ever as he stared deeply into me. His tattooed and bruised face was the hottest thing I've seen. So dangerous.. so dark..all of that looking at me.

“That's the thing, Venus.” Elijah said bitterly, gaining my attention.

I frowned at him, trying to connect the dots but my mind is too overwhelmed with the hotness radiating off of Harry towards me and the fact that he is going to die in a few days. Harry squeezed my waist again, his fingers firmly pressing into my skin, making me look at him. I loved the feeling of his touch on me, I wanted him to touch me everywhere.

“They're going to kill you, Rose.” Harry told me, dead serious.

Second slap across the face, my body squirming with shock, my breath hitching in my throat. No. I'm supposed to be in a cell for ten years before I die, that's what's on the papers, that's what they told me. This can't be true — how can this be true?

“They can't touch me, Logan won't allow it—,“

“Logan ordered it.” Elijah cut me off, giving me a cold, annoyed look.

My jaw dropped, my mind going crazy. Logan ? No fucking way, he told me there can't be any change in the papers when I told him to kill me the moment I stepped in that cell. How the hell can it change now? Over some stupid arguments the other prisoners threw at them?

“No. I don't believe you.” I spat, returning his cold glare.

He scoffed before angrily pacing over to the desk behind him, reaching out for a file. He grabbed it and tossed it at me, the file landing on my lap.

“See for yourself.” He scowled at me, crossing his strong arms over his chest.

I nervously grabbed the file and opened it up, reading down the announcement. When my eyes reached down to the bottom line where Logan’s signing was written, my heart broke to pieces. It's true. The betrayal that pinched my heart was insufferable. Logan, the man who cared about me the most, wants me dead as soon as possible. I believed he would fight for me, that's what he showed me. He has fought and stopped a lot of abusive behavior from other officers towards me, and now this?

“I won't let them touch you.” Harry growled to my ear, pulling me even closer. The numbness I felt from the shock slowly was replaced by warmth from his body transporting to mine.

“You can't do anything about it, Harry!” Elijah snapped, throwing his hand in the air in exasperation.

“I'll find a way.” he murmured, thoughtfully looking outside the window.

“No, no, no, no, Harry, don't you dare say it.” Elijah said, shaking his head, looking worried, as if he sensed something.

Harry smirked, the evil, dark side of him came back. “Oh yes, I will.” he nodded, making Elijah face palm himself.

“What?” I asked.

“There's only one way we can avoid this.” Harry muttered, looking at me with pure psychotic excitement. “We're getting the hell out of here.”

_____________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 676 21
DISCONTINUED "If you ever think about touching my girls, or even speak or make eye contact with them. I will hang you up by your ankles and skin you...
328K 7.4K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
652 26 7
We ran through the crowded, messy, but beloved streets of our city, Manhattan. He gripped my hand and pulled me further as we sprinted by stores, sta...
27.2K 418 64
"Harry." I begged. I fisted the front of his t shirt between my fingers; the sharp pain intensified as his teeth grazed the skin. His breathy laugh f...