Chapter 10

• Chapter 10 •

  I ignored the moans and groans as much as I could, too focused on writing a new song to pay attention to the hookers and Harry in the cell next to me. Despite feeling a little weird that he was in there fucking those two girls, I didn't really feel hurt or angry. It did feel awkward though, but not the point that I couldn't look him in the eye later.

  He's a grown ass rich man that can have ladies in his cell for a quick fuck. If he isn't the luckiest prisoner alive I don't know who is.

  I bit down on the end of my pencil, my eyes glued on the paper in front of me, rereading the lyrics I had written. I decided I should spend my time creating than just tossing around in bed and hearing those three people fuck like animals. One girl moaned way too loud, it sounded too fake to me and I almost laughed at how ridiculous it was.

  I could understand when the girls came eventually to their orgasm, but I never heard Harry say anything or even groan. I shook my head to stop the thoughts of him naked slowly crawling their way to my mind. A while later, I heard the cell door open. and the heels clicking away against the floor. I sighed in relief; finally silence.

  I refocused on my song, thinking of my next few lyrics. “You took my feelings and just threw ’em out the window, feel like it's too hard to fall in love again, no.” I sang softly, liking the way that sounded.

  A few minutes later, another person came for a visit. I didn't mind standing up to check on who, as the male voice was unknown to me and that meant it had to do with Harry. His cell door was opened and closed a few seconds later.

  “What the hell are you thinking?!”

  The moment the stranger yelled at Harry, I knew something was up. I bit down on the edge of my pencil and sat quiet, eavesdropping shamelessly on their little fight.

  “Chill, I didn't hurt anyone.” Harry replied gruffly.

  “You attacked a prisoner that's under strict protection?! And then you bring hoes in your cell?! Are you out of your mind?!” The man yelled exasperatedly, causing Harry to laugh.

  “Calm down, I was just messing with her,” Harry explained laughing, his words making anger rise in my chest.

  Just messing with my nerves. Okay.

  “You're not a free man until you get out of here! You can't do whatever you want and expect me to bust you out every time!” the man, who must be his lawyer, hissed.

  “I'm not a free man because you suck at your job, Ross.” Harry spat.

  “You killed John Robertman! I can't just get you out of jail like that!” he snapped his fingers. “And you show aggressive behavior that only drowns you more and more.”

   My jaw touched the ground. Oh my God. Harry killed the governor? He's way worse than I am.

  The tension in the air was slowly starting to build up as their voices only escalated their tone.

  “I don't give a fuck.” Harry laughed again, his laugh already sending goosebumps through my body.

  “You should be giving plenty! Nobody out there wants you out of here! Not even your buddy.”