Chapter 25

• Chapter 25 •

You ever get that tingly feeling in your gut, like something is warning you for something terrible that is to come?

After the long flight, I was brought to a lonely luxury mansion somewhere unknown. I don't know if this is Harry's or Elijah's house, but it was definitely a house every human being would envy, not just for the looks of it, but for the quality of comfort that embraces anywhere you want.

Sitting in the dimly lit living room with four soldiers and Elijah, waiting for Harry's return, that tingly feeling bothered my insides constantly. Anticipation and anxiety held my chest tightly. Elijah seemed strangely un-bothered, sitting lazily on the loveseat with a glass of scotch in his hand, taking a few long sips every now and then. The soldiers all stood in the corners of the room, while I sat on the couch, fidgeting with my ring.

"If he doesn't come in 5 minutes, he's dead."

My heart stopped. I looked up from my ring to Elijah's stoic face. He brought his glass to his lips and took a sip before looking at me incredulously.

"If he's dead, it's your fault."

I looked away, not feeling in the mood to argue with him. My body was still sore, my leg feeling lightly stiff. Glancing at the large marble black clock on the wall, my anticipation grew fonder by the second.

"You won't see another day if he's dead." Elijah fired at me.

I glared at him, deciding that I should speak up for myself. "I don't remember you anywhere when the cops chased after us or when we got strapped down those chairs. You didn't help him much either." I scolded.

He scoffed, "You dumb bitch, I brought the entire team to save your ass." he pointed at me.

"You should've thought this through better."

"You should shut up and thank me
-,"

The front door opened, silencing Elijah. My heart came up to my throat as I sat up, my eyes moving to the corner where the footsteps were coming from. Elijah stood up just as two soldiers walked in the room, followed by a very excited, bloody Harry and two other soldiers.

Instantly, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Harry's face was relaxed, a smirk decorating his lips, blood stains on his cheek and jaw, messy hair pushed back and green shining eyes piercing through me. Why is he so calm? I scanned down his body, taking it the dirt and blood on his shoes.

"Well, well, well, isn't that view stunning?" he complimented, looking at me brightly, opening his hands.

"About time you showed up." Elijah spat out.

"Chill out, we just fell on the SWAT fuckers, everything's fine." Harry replied casually, shrugging his shoulders. His eyes landed back on me, "How are you, love?"

"I'm fine." I answered monotonously, hiding my overweight relief now that he is in front of me.

He scanned my clothes and furrowed his brows. "Why hasn't she changed? What's the matter with you?" he scolded at Elijah, who rolled his eyes.

"I didn't know I had to wash her feet as well." He growled in irritation.

"Let's go get changed and rest. Secure the house." Harry ordered.

The soldiers instantly walked out of the room as Harry came over to me. "Can you walk?" he asked me, kneeling down in front of me.

"Yeah, don't worry." I mumbled, scanning his gorgeous, bloody, tattooed face. Thank God he's here.