Chapter 48

• Chapter 48 •

Comfortably wrapped in Harry’s arm in bed with a slick satin sheet covering our nakes bodies, I watched as the bodyguards dragged out the girl’s body, making a whole lot of mess on the floor with the blood stains. Harry lit up a cigarette and smoked while I crawled in the warmth of his body, not giving a damn about what is going on in the room.

Until Elijah appeared hastily in the doorway, eyes wide and a deep frown creasing his forehead. He looked at the heavy plastic bag that held the girl inside, the bodyguards cleaning the wooden floor and then me and Harry in bed in complete terror and disappointment. My heart actually seemed to snap in two, my cheeks flushing red as he shook gently his head, disgust crystal clear on his face, indicating he is done with this situation.

“Elijah, bring me some alcohol.” Harry ordered casually, his fingers tracing the skin on my shoulder.

Elijah pursed his lips and looked back at the plastic bag. I could tell he was really struggling to control himself over this. “No.” he said firmly, making my body stiffen with worry for him. He looked back at us with a stern look, “Alcohol is the last thing you need right now.” he grumbled and walked away, disappearing from our vision.

A weird desire to go after him took over me.

Harry sighed out of frustration and took a hint from his cigarette. “Well, fuck him,” he grumbled before blowing the smoke off his mouth.

I leaned my head against his shoulder, trying my best not to think of the way Elijah looked at me and how embarrassed I felt. Could this change the way he feels about me? Would that mean that he doesn't love me anymore?

“Bleach this shit out and throw the carpet in the trash.” Harry demanded the bodyguards, who were already scrubbing the floor with emotionless expressions. He tapped my shoulder lightly and I sat up, him copying me. “I got something to show you tonight.” he told me quietly, making my insides curl with worry and anxiety.

Fuck. Did he find out that James is my brother? Would he even react this way if he knew?

“What is it?” I asked, hugging the sheet to my bare chest.

“Surprise.” he winked, leaning in to kiss my neck softly, sending goosebumps through me.

He got off the bed, showing his naked perfect body to the guards - although they weren't staring - and got dressed swiftly in plain black jeans, a black hoodie sweater and a pair of gray Nike socks. He slid on a pair of black Air Force and headed for the wardrobe. I watched how casual, careless, arrogant he looked. Each movement screamed an unexplained loose sense, a break of bonds. He really has been free mentally from everything; which is something nobody else can understand, besides me.

He pulled an oversized red hoodie sweater and tossed to me on the bed. He sent a smirk my way and left the room. I put the hoodie on and got out of the bed, careful not to show anything inappropriate to the guards. I stood up and walked out of the room, curious to follow after Harry. I stood by the wall with my arms wrapped over my chest as he talked to Rocket, moving his hands the whole time. It looked like he was describing a building but I'm not sure. Rocket replied something and nodded curtly before both of them moved towards the door. As if Harry felt my eyes, he stopped by the doorway, holding the door open with his hand and looked back at me.

“I'll be back by 9. Be ready, I'm taking you out tonight.” he winked at the end, the gorgeous smirk on his face as he closed the door shut.

Excitement and anxiety both rolled through me. Could it just be a pleasant surprise? Or is he messing with my head so I won't get suspicious? And how the fuck am I going to get ready when I have absolutely nothing to wear? With a small smile tugged on my lips, I moved away from the wall and decided to join the rest of the guards in the living room.