Chapter 51

• Chapter 51 •

I barely slept. With a heavy heart and a clouded mind, I opened my eyelids to welcome the bright sunlight peaking through the thin curtains. I didn't have to reach over to find out if Harry had returned, I knew he didn't come, which was actually worrying me a lot more than I wanted. Sensing the cold side of the bed, I sighed heavily and got up, deciding top start over today with a clear mind and process everything slowly until I'm ready to make the right decision.

After using the toilet, washing my hands and face and brushing my teeth, I headed to the kitchen. To my surprise, it was more crowded than  usual. Among other bodyguards having breakfast was Rocket, who seemed like he had spent the whole night staying awake, unlike the others who looked quite rested and relaxed. With my presence being known, their chats quitened down a bit, but didn't stop. I ignored the stupid 'following Harry's orders' thing and went to pour myself some hot coffee.

As the hot liquid dripped into my cup, a loud, excited cheer entered the kitchen, making me jump and almost spill coffee on myself.

"Well hello people!" Bon entered the room, carrying his bubbly aura with him.

Soft, whiney murmurs replied to him by the guards, who seemed both despised and fond of Bon's presence. I simply offered a small smile towards him as he made his way towards the fridge.

"Are y'all ready for today's trip?" he asked, making me furrow my brows and look at him questioningly.

"Trip?"

"You're going back on the road, dear, you'll investigate the city once again." 

Again?

Footsteps walked in the room, bringing a very sleepy Elijah, dressed in a plain dark purple hoodie and dark jeans. I have never seen him dressed so casual, he always picks long sleeved shirts or suits to wear, this time though he seemed like he needed the comfort of a casual, warm cloth. He didn't even greet anyone as he walked past them, the guards politely nodding in his presence as a sign of respect.

"Ooh, someone didn't sleep well last night." Bon murmured towards me, raising his brows.

Like I did...

"Is Harry joining us today?" I asked lowly, noticing the way Elijah's lips frowned in displease when I mentioned his boss.

"No, he's busy outside the city." Rocket replied in an instant, voice husky.

"I see."

"But he will meet you for lunch at the Alias Hotel."

Immediately, I locked eyes with Elijah, both of us frantic and worried over this new information. "Shouldn't we stay away from public, closed places?" I asked cautiously.

"Mr.Styles knows what he is doing. He would never order anything without considering it first." Rocket replied dryly, looking at me emotionlessly.

"Yeah right." Elijah scoffed, his back facing us as he poured hot tea in a white cup. He turned around and looked at me and Bon, "We're leaving in an hour, no delays." he said firmly and walked out of the kitchen, holding his cup of tea in his hand.

Bon looked at me with wide eyes, "An hour isn't enough — I got so many —,"

"We'll go for a natural look, blonde hair, blue eyes, add freckles and we're done." I suggested, trying to keep him calm because I was in no mood to have someone panicking over makeup, nor did I want to spend two hours getting my face contoured, pulled and baked.

"Okay, okay." He agreed, exhaling loudly in relief as the thought calmed him down.

After about an hour of getting our disguise on, I was in the same SUV with Elijah, none of us speaking, lost in our thoughts. The aura was shifted with a stiff awkwardness but neither of us tried to ease the tension. I knew exactly what he was thinking; me crying and Harry leaving the hideout means something huge happened. He wants to ask but he doesn't want to make me feel bad. I was glad he didn't bring anything during the drive to the city. I was washed over with the same amount of anxiety when we stopped by the red lights, my eyes taking in the alive city, guarded by cops almost everywhere. The bright sun was soon about to be shaded by clouds. Elijah turned the volume of the radio on, letting The Weeknd's voice fill the car, his smooth, sexual voice sending vibrating, calming vibes through me. As Elijah got us deeper in the city, the lyrics got my heart aching.