Chapter 17

• Chapter 17 •

When they got Harry out of the room, one of the guards came to unlock my cuffs. I spat at him right in the face out of disgust and anger and he just ran away, cursing me as if there's no tomorrow, because obviously, Logan was present and if he dared to lay a finger on me, he would be fired.

I just wanted to be left alone. I denied lunch and dinner, my stomach was firmly closed for the day. The nerve cracking anticipation of seeing Harry had wrecked me completely. I couldn't snap out of my daze. I was completely worn off of the situation and I couldn't control it.

The whole day passed and he didn't come back, nor did I hear anything about him from the guards. Everyone was ignoring me, so I shut myself down and decided to ignore everyone as well. 

Crawled up in my new bed, all I could  fucking think, was him. How is he, is he in pain, is he going to be okay, what are they going to do to him, when is he coming back...All those thoughts were constantly replaying in my head like a beloved song. I had my lights off, consumed by darkness and my torturing thoughts.

My heart beat slowly, my breaths even, my eyes shut closed. All I could see, was him, on the floor, tortured by the guards. He deserved that, he really did, I can't say he didn't, he literally cut Cass’ throat open as if it was nothing, in front of hundreds of eyes. Logan was right, he had to punish him.

Why the fuck am I so upset about it thought?

If it was someone else, I would be laughing at the sight. But seeing Harry being so vulnerable, so powerless...i  pained me. My mind is too cluttered with thoughts to think of the real reason behind my feelings, but I know it's something I can't control. It's beyond me.

I heard the footsteps inching closer to my cell and I mentally face palmed myself. Not again. I heard the clicking of the keys against the bars, signaling me to get up. I didn't reply nor move from my comfortable warm spot in my bed.

“Come on craziness, dr.Cane is waiting for you.” Stephen’s voice reached my ears.

I didn't reply, I let him realize it by himself that I'm not in the mood for any psychological shit. I heard him sigh deeply before he clicked the bars again with his keys, the sound slowly irritating me.

“Rose, you have to get out.” He told me firmly, trying to sound authorative. I resisted the urge to laugh at the stupid thought. When I didn't reply, he spoke again. “Rose, stop being so stubborn.” he groaned.

“Fuck off, Steve.” I growled, turning my back to him, although I knew he couldn't see me. I had my curtains closed all day.

“Listen, I have a deal,” he started, lowering his voice.

“Not interested.”

“It's about Harry.”

I snapped my head towards his direction, opening my eyes. Harry? My heart skipped beats at the thought of seeing him. Careful, it's Stephen. He is a massive douche and he is known for being smart as fuck most of the times. Maybe he is saying that just to earn my trust and get me out of my cell so he won't get in trouble. He does only care about himself and that's a fact.

“I'm not scheming, I swear.” he sensed me suspicion.

“Speak.”

“I'll take you to him, if you go to dr.Cane first.”

I didn't have to think twice. I was going to see Cane just so I could see Harry. Besides, Cane didn't have to do with Harry's punishment and I know he truly cares about me, so it's only fair for me to be present to our appointments.