Epilogue

Epilogue

The room was just as dark and cold as I remembered it. The walls that got destroyed after the engage of Harry's crew have been reconstracted, painted dark gray, representing the dim, moody aura in the room. I sat by my chair, muted, unseeingly staring across from me at Logan's perplexed face as he yelled at me about everything he and the police have been going through because of me, trying to get a reaction out of me, but it was pointless. I was only thinking of Harry. How cold he felt in my hands after I took his life, how hopeful he looked when I told him he has me before I pulled the trigger and how good it felt to know that this man will never harm any other human in the world.

Despite the temperature in the room being high, I felt cold. So cold, I could freeze a warm mug just with one touch. I have just killed the second man I have loved more than anything in this world. My heart is no longer beating, I barely feel alive anymore. All my hopes and plans went straight to hell just from the moment Elijah told me that Harry is after me. I knew deep inside that I would never actualy make it past Harry, he would forever haunt me till my last breath. I have sacrifised a lot for a man and in the end, he wanted to sell as if I'm an object. Harry, was worse than Kayn, despite treating me better than him, he too, wanted to use me. Am I cursed to love someone that just sees me as a helpful tool?

Logan slammed his fists against the table, creating a loud noise but I didn't flinch at all. I stared at him blankly, hiding away my thoughts. He looked desperate and helpless, bags under his eyes, hair a mess, pale skin, dry lips. He has been losing his mind all this time he was chasing after us. I'm sure he even got threats to lose his job.

"Rosalia."

"Yes." 

"You're accused of murdering Harry Styles. What do you have to say about that?" Logan asked me incredulously, a suspicious look plastered over his face.

I shrugged, giving him my best innocent look. "Oops."

He slammed his fist against the table again in anger, his glare burning through me. "Stop playing with me!" he yelled, pointing his finger at me. "Are you high?" he narrowed his eyes, leaning closer to me over the table.

"No."

"How can you be so calm?! You just killed someone!" He exclaimed furiously, throwing his hands in the air.

I shrugged nonchalantly, ignoring the pinch deep inside the veins hugging my heart. "It's easy, you just turn off your emotions and-,"

"Shut up, shut up," he moved his hand, gesturing me to stop talking. "This is bullshit, you are not a robot, Rosalia, you can't just turn off your feelings and-,"

The door opened, revealing the person I used to get so close to when I was in prison. Dr.Cane came in, giving me a judging look that hid worry behind it, the familiarity of his presence in the room sending shivers through me. Logan turned to glance at him and cocked a brow, still hunching over the table to have a closer look at me.

"What?"

"You're doing it wrong." Cane said lowly, giving him a disapproving look, his perfect gray suit hugging his body nicely.

"Get out, this is not your job." Logan snapped impatiently.

"I have been responsible for her medical case, I know how to handle her better." Cane insisted, glancing me coldly.

An odd feeling ran through my body as the memory of Cane helping me escape prison flashed through my eyes.

Logan pursed his lips and looked at me for a few good seconds, considering the option of Cane talking to me in hopes of getting something out of me. He sighed deeply and stood straight before nodding once and running a hand down his face, "Alright, alright." he said and moved towards the door, "Make her talk." he murmured to Cane, purposely not quiet enough for me to hear before he exited.