Chapter 16

Chapter 16 •

My eyes were wide in shock, my blood freezing cold when I saw that Harry was the one suffocating Cass by pressing her back against his front, the chain of his cuffs tightly pressed against her neck. She gagged and gasped, her hands dropping the knife on the ground. Loud yells and screams filled my ears as the cops all aimed their guns at Harry, who was laughing creepily loudly at Cass’ ear, who was staring at me with a terrified, pleading expression that didn't even make me feel bad in the slightest.

Stephen and Elijah ran over to us, panicked looks on their faces. “Harry let her go!” Elijah yelled loudly, holding his hand up.

Stephen instantly pulled out his gun to aim at Harry while Elijah kept shouting at him to let Cass go. Harry however didn't listen and turned his back against the wall so the cops were aiming at Cass. One glance at her friends told me they all regretted everything they did last time as they watched their friend getting choked to death. I even spotted Zayn standing up, a bewildered expression on his face.

No prisoner dared to come and fight Harry though.

Not even her friends.

I was shocked to the core as well as Cass started growing paler, her gasps shortening. Harry kept laughing, pressing harder onto the chain against Cass’ neck. The cops kept shouting and yelling and my heart beat with anticipation and worry in case one of them pulled the trigger and shot Harry.

“Let her go or I'll shoot!”  Stephen literally shouted at the top of his lungs, the temptation strongly taking over his finger aired above the trigger.

At this moment, Harry shoved Cass forward, releasing her. She dropped on her knees, clutching onto her neck for dear life,  coughing and gasping for air. Red marks were all over her neck, the torn skin bleeding lightly. The officers kept their guns aimed at Harry, yelling at him to turn his back to them and face the wall.

Harry's mesmerizing green eyes found my own for a moment, his face still holding up the evil smirk that terified everyone, but me. He then winked at me, confusing me. I frowned lightly, but still didn't move from my spot. I'm not getting into trouble again for Cass.

Nobody expected what unraveled next. Harry bent down and grabbed the knife before swiftly taking a fistful of Cass’ hair and pulling her head back. The amount of yells and shouts in the room was unbearable. I stared at him with wide eyes as he swiped the knife across Cass’ throat, blood bursting everywhere. Cass shook uncontrollably, pain and agony all over he features as she gagged with the blood in her mouth.

Gunshots were off and that's when my heart actually started to panic. Harry fell down on the ground, the taser bullets sending jolts of electricity through his body, keeping him on the ground, unable to defend himself or harm anyone else. Screams, cries and petrified looks were everywhere. I stood up, my entire body craving to kneel down beside Harry and help him up, but if I dared to get near him, I would go down, too.

Stephen looked at me, bewildered and angry. He then glared at one officer beside him and pointed at me, “Get her out!” he demanded sharply.

Unable to resist, I followed the scared officer through the crowded tables and out of the cafeteria. I noticed that Zayn kept his eyes on me the entire time I walked until I left the room. There is something odd with this guy, I just don't know what.

The running officers towards the cafeteria were uncountable. I had to squeeze through their passing bodies to get to my cell. I caught Cane running towards his office hastily, carrying a bag in his arms. Everyone was panicked, wild, scared. All that, because of Harry.