Chapter 20

• Chapter 20 •

The faint noise of the alarm and shouts were bugging my ears the entire time Elijah carried me through the hallways. Everything around me passed like a shadow, blur figures passing by without a face, just plain, dark shadows among dull walls. My mind kept thinking of one person only; Harry.

The anticipation and anxiety flooding through my body was too overwhelming for me to understand what Elijah was muttering under his breath. I could make out him saying “I’ll kill him,” for a brief moment but that was all. Elijah turned on the further corner of the hallway, bumping into two officers in the process before he kicked open a door and let us in a dark room.

I sucked in a breath when he switched the lights on, disappointment roaming through me when we found the office empty. Elijah froze by the doorway, his hand gripping my thigh squeezing slightly in anger.

“Where the fuck is he?” he hissed angrily before walking towards the two-seated couch and placing me gently on it.

“What if they got him?” I asked, my heart thudding louder with fear. He already got jumped once and he hasn't completely healed from the injuries, he won't make it if he falls under attack for a second time.

“Then this whole place is going to blow up.” He replied dryly, giving me a wary look. “I'll get the dr.Flynn for your hand.” He said, pulling out his pistol from his waistband, swiftly taking off the safety. “Stay in here.” he demanded coldly, bringing a wave of frustration through me.

“I will help.” I argued, attempting to stand up.

He put his hand on my shoulder and shoved me back down on the couch way too harshly, “Do as I say.” he growled, making me fist my hand, ready to punch him in the face.

“I want to help him!” I growled, slapping his hand off my shoulder.

“You'll only make things worse if you get out there!” he yelled back, veins showing on his neck, brown eyes wide filled with anger.

“I don't care!”

He wrapped his hand around my wounded hand, digging his fingers into my bleeding cuts, making me whine in pain. I flinched when he pulled me closer, my body leaning towards him as the weakness and pain hit me, our eyes burning  deathly each other.

“I do. Stay here.” he growled before releasing my hand, making me groan at the burn of the open gush.

He exited the room and smashed the door shut behind him, gunshots following right after along with shouts. I sighed out of frustration and waved my hand in the air, trying to get cool breeze through the my open cuts to relieve the burn through my skin. I looked around the neat, plain, barely decorated office, trying to find a way out of this place. The window led to the back yard, where officers and police cars were waiting for me, so the window wasn't an option for me.

Numbness had occurred from the wrist up to my elbow and slowly started reaching further up to my arm from the amount of lost blood. I slouched back into the couch, a pained frown on my face, blood dripping from my finger tips, heart pounding steadily yet worriedly for Harry.

When the door opened, I jumped in my seat, my head feeling hazy. Dr.Flynn stormed in, carrying an aid kit with her, her blue worried eyes landing on me instantly, loose blonde strands that escaped her ponytail flying around her gorgeous, angled face.

“Oh my – Rosalia, what happened? Who did this to you?” she gushed, kicking the door shut and coming to me.

“I did.” I mumbled, her cold fingertips gently picking up my hand to examine it.