Chapter 32

• Chapter 32 •

“How ironic.” I looked at him dumbfounded.

“Listen, I'm—,“

Two knocks on the door had us both staring at it like its a ghost. My stomach tightened nervously as Elijah wiped his forehead in irritation and stress. He looked back at me and slowly stood up.

“Meet me tonight at the library, 2am, make sure nobody sees you.” he whispered.

“But—,“

The door opened, revealing a very skeptical Harry. The moment he saw us, he stood by the doorway, frozen, eyes flitting back and forth between me and Elijah. My heart stopped beating for a few good seconds out of anxiety. Shit. Did he hear us? What is he going to think now?

“Am I interrupting something?” he asked slowly as he stepped inside, holding the door open in his hand.

“No, I was just telling Rosalia than Bon will visit us tomorrow and that he needs a picture of her to edit it as he wants to make the mask.” Elijah said casually as he made his way towards Harry, acting as if nothing was actually going on.

Harry looked back at me, skeptically. “That fucker hasn't replied to me all day, you know.” Harry murmured, turning to look at Elijah.

“He was busy with the elements and the plastic tools.” Elijah added, reaching Harry. “I'll leave you two—,“

“Can I have a word with you?” Harry said, sounding more like a demand than a question, to be fair. Elijah nodded and stepped out of the room, Harry closing the door behind them.

I shot up from the bed and swiftly made my way to the door, my stomach a heavy rock as many thoughts of Harry finding out about our plan crossed my mind. He will definitely kill us if he finds out, there's no way he will give us a second chance. If he knows, I'm locking the door and looking for a way out. I'm not risking my life for Elijah. I placed carefully my ear against the cold surface of the door, trying to eavesdrop.

“Did you finish the—,“

“She's mine.” Harry hissed, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach, my heart pounding louder. I'm his?

“Dude, I wasn't trying to hit on her, I barely stand her.” Elijah defended coolly.

“I'm not a fool, Elijah. Don't forget that.” He growled, the sound sending chills over my spine.

I moved away from the door and quietly ran to the bathroom so I don't get caught. I started brushing my hair in front of the mirror when I heard the door open. The moment he appeared through the mirror, my body tingled. She’s mine. How obsessive but also how fucking hot. This is what he does to me. He does things that I don't approve yet I find incredibly attractive. This is why I'm so confused with him.

“You wanted to see me?” I asked casually.

“What did I do?”

“What do you mean?”

“Did I do something that bothered you? Is that why you want to leave?” he leaned by the doorway, hands hanging lazily by his sides, face neutral.