Chapter 36

• Chapter 36 •

The moment he pressed on the gas, I knew this was going to be a moment I will never forget. And probably my last moments.

I instinctively gripped the side of the door, my nails digging into the leather as he pressed hard on the gas, bright green eyes staring ahead like they're looking at the most beautiful thing in the world. As the car started running faster, my heart pumped way louder than before.

“I hope you have a fucking plan!” I yelled out loud so he could hear me through the roaring of the engine.

“That's the best part, baby!” he exhoclaimed happily, turning to look at me brightly. “There's no plan!”

My jaw touched the ground as my wide eyes glared at his crazy face. “You can't be serious!” I hissed.

He winked and pressed harder on the gas, sending us slightly back as the car went even faster than before. I looked at Elijah’s car to find him do the same thing as Harry, the police cars ringing their sirens behind us. Oh my God. I'm either dying, or getting arrested.

I don't know which is worse anymore.

The strong wind blowing up my hair got me feeling even more anxious than before. The adrenaline kept pumping in my veins as the speed increased and we got closer to the city, meaning there is going to be traffic, people, kids...

“Harry not towards the city!” I yelled, gripping tightly at anything I could reach, my body pressed tightly against the seat, my wide eyes scanning the road continuously, fearing something will jump out of the blue.

“What's wrong, Rosie?” he laughed, glancing at me. “Now you appreciate life?”

I glared at him, thinking of a way I could kick him out of the car and save myself before this gets ugly. I looked at the gun hanging from his waistband, my heart skipping a beat. Bingo.

“You are crazy! You're gonna get us both killed with your stupidity!” I yelled exasperatedly, throwing my hands in the air but instantly regretting it as the feeling of fear crushed me.

“At least we'll die as free people.” He winked at me and laughed right after, pressing even harder on the gas, making the SUV to run with 190km and hour.

I could feel tears burning the back of my eyes the moment we reached the city, panic flooding through me like that blood running in my veins. My eyes scanned everything around me, my body tingling with fear as people and cars came to sight. This is it.

I reached towards Harry and snatched the gun off his waistband before aiming it at his head, causing him to laugh again. The anger that boiled inside of me was indescribable every time he fucking laughed.

“Stop the car, Harry!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, taking the safety off the gun.

“Do it!” he laughed, not looking one bit scared. “At least I'll die for myself!” he shrugged easily, his entire face glowing with happiness and lust for adventure.

I got faded for a moment. He is out of this world. He is happy. He is genuinely happy for doing the illegal, for being an anarchist, for being a criminal with no fear. He is truly out of order, he is wild, unpredictable, brave. He is a free man. He is more free than I am.