Chapter 15

• Chapter 15 •

“On some nights like this shawty I can't help but think of us..” I softly sang to myself, having the soft beat in my mind that sounded incredibly deep and gentle in a loving way that fit perfectly.

“I've been reminiscing, sipping, missing ya?”

I jumped in my spot, turning my head to target the deep voice that just sang correctly a lyric of mine, my brown eyes widely staring into green amused ones. When did he even come in? I must have been too deep in my thoughts to notice him walking back into the cell.

My eyes scanned his cell, taking in the new details he added. New bed, carpet, table and chair, a small TV on the table, a new full size lamp next to his bed and to my surprise — a box of condoms next to his nightstand. Okay...

He sat cross legged on the bed, watching me with bright amused eyes, his hair percectly yet messily hanging around his face and touching his broad shoulders, his tattooed fingers playing around with one of his rings. He is a fucking art piece, I swear.

“You read my stuff without my permission.” I said gruffly, narrowing my eyes at him.

“I thought you would forgive me after the gifts I gave you.” he shrugged lightly, his lips stretching into a smirk before he chewed on his gum.

I sent him a blank look and sighed before slamming shut my notebook. “They're nice, thanks.” I mumbled, lowering my head so my hair could hide my blushing cheeks.

“Anything for you, love.”

I rolled my eyes and heard him laugh lightly. I reached over to my nightstand and put my notebook on top od it before lying down on my back.  “You did forget to get me my own TV, though.” I pointed out flatly, him laughing again.

“Sorry, my dear, that was all I could bring, for now.” he defended coolly.

I turned my head to look at him. He shifted from his sitting position to lie down on his stomach, facing me, shoulders hunching, veins slightly visible on his arms. He tucked his hair behind his ear, exposing more of his tattoos beneath it.

“You didn't have to do that, though.”  I muttered slowly, taking in the swift change of his expression to serious.

“I wanted to do so,” he replied emotionlessly, momentarily pausing his fingers from playing with his ring before continuing.

“Why?”

He shrugged, eyes landing on his golden ring between his fingers, “Because.”

“You want something from me.” I narrowed my eyes again at him suspiciously.

I know how mafia leaders work, they do something good and expect ten things more in return. There is no way Harry just decided to change my old stuff just ‘because’, there is definitely something behind all of this. He's trying to make me fall for this ‘acting out of kindness’ shit, but I'm not going to. I've lived by Kayn’s side, I know how this goes.

“Your trust.” he replied boldly, eyes flicking up to mine. There was an undeniable tension growing in the air as his face hid every emotion circling his mind.

“Why are you so desperate of me trusting you?” I asked curiously, furrowing my brows. It's not like he can't do anything he wants without anyone’s help and it's not like he gives a fuck about what others think of him.

So what's his deal?

“Because you are the most useful person in here. I need someone that I can trust on in case shit hits the fan in here.” He chuckled at the end, lips slightly twitching.