PRISONERS

By GirLegend99

"You're accused of murdering Harry Styles. What do you have to say about that?" Logan asked me incredulously... More

Prisoners
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue

Chapter 15

3.4K 178 90
By GirLegend99

• Chapter 15 •

“On some nights like this shawty I can't help but think of us..” I softly sang to myself, having the soft beat in my mind that sounded incredibly deep and gentle in a loving way that fit perfectly.

“I've been reminiscing, sipping, missing ya?”

I jumped in my spot, turning my head to target the deep voice that just sang correctly a lyric of mine, my brown eyes widely staring into green amused ones. When did he even come in? I must have been too deep in my thoughts to notice him walking back into the cell.

My eyes scanned his cell, taking in the new details he added. New bed, carpet, table and chair, a small TV on the table, a new full size lamp next to his bed and to my surprise — a box of condoms next to his nightstand. Okay...

He sat cross legged on the bed, watching me with bright amused eyes, his hair percectly yet messily hanging around his face and touching his broad shoulders, his tattooed fingers playing around with one of his rings. He is a fucking art piece, I swear.

“You read my stuff without my permission.” I said gruffly, narrowing my eyes at him.

“I thought you would forgive me after the gifts I gave you.” he shrugged lightly, his lips stretching into a smirk before he chewed on his gum.

I sent him a blank look and sighed before slamming shut my notebook. “They're nice, thanks.” I mumbled, lowering my head so my hair could hide my blushing cheeks.

“Anything for you, love.”

I rolled my eyes and heard him laugh lightly. I reached over to my nightstand and put my notebook on top od it before lying down on my back.  “You did forget to get me my own TV, though.” I pointed out flatly, him laughing again.

“Sorry, my dear, that was all I could bring, for now.” he defended coolly.

I turned my head to look at him. He shifted from his sitting position to lie down on his stomach, facing me, shoulders hunching, veins slightly visible on his arms. He tucked his hair behind his ear, exposing more of his tattoos beneath it.

“You didn't have to do that, though.”  I muttered slowly, taking in the swift change of his expression to serious.

“I wanted to do so,” he replied emotionlessly, momentarily pausing his fingers from playing with his ring before continuing.

“Why?”

He shrugged, eyes landing on his golden ring between his fingers, “Because.”

“You want something from me.” I narrowed my eyes again at him suspiciously.

I know how mafia leaders work, they do something good and expect ten things more in return. There is no way Harry just decided to change my old stuff just ‘because’, there is definitely something behind all of this. He's trying to make me fall for this ‘acting out of kindness’ shit, but I'm not going to. I've lived by Kayn’s side, I know how this goes.

“Your trust.” he replied boldly, eyes flicking up to mine. There was an undeniable tension growing in the air as his face hid every emotion circling his mind.

“Why are you so desperate of me trusting you?” I asked curiously, furrowing my brows. It's not like he can't do anything he wants without anyone’s help and it's not like he gives a fuck about what others think of him.

So what's his deal?

“Because you are the most useful person in here. I need someone that I can trust on in case shit hits the fan in here.” He chuckled at the end, lips slightly twitching.

“You know I'm dead right?” I said rhetorically, cocking a brow.

He smirked at my words, “I know.”

I rolled my eyes, finding it idiotic how he wants to count on me when I'm a lost cause. I shook my head and decided not to push further into the subject, it's not like he's a very talkative person when it comes to his brilliant ideas.

“Your lyrics...they're about Kayn, right?”

I sighed deeply, suddenly even more frustrated by the fact that he did read my song even though I didn't want him to. Even if I do yell at him for it, it won't erase my lyrics off his mind.

“Obviously.” I replied coldly.

“You're not over him yet.”

“Obviously.”

“He was a twat, what the fuck did you see in him anyway?” he chuckled humorlessly.

I pursed my lips in a flat line, fighting with the ache slowly igniting in my chest. What did I see in Kayn? Dear Lord, what did I not see in him should've been the question. I witnessed every emotion of his to its highest level possible and I was so blinded by my love for him that even when he got dangerous, I wouldn't dare walk away.

I believed everything he told me, I loved every little thing he did for me, I held him at nights even if he was angry at me. I was truly in love with Kayn and I didn't want to give up on him.

He presented himself as an emotional wreck that needed someone to hold him tightly when things go wrong. I believed that shit and it was all a lie. When I realized he was fooling me and cheating on me, everything inside of me snapped.

“He was all I wanted.” I replied smoothly, staring up at the grey and slightly cracked ceiling. “All I ever fucking wanted...” I whispered, remembering the way he would kiss me in bed and tell me how pretty I am.

Pretty.

Pretty pretty pretty.

“Some times what we want isn't what we deserve.” his voice was gentle, not mocking at all, which was relieving and shocking.

I moved my eyes from the ceiling to his shadowed face to find him staring down at the ring thoughtfully, a frown stretching upon his gorgeous features. Loose curly strands hung around his forehead beautifully. He doesn't even have to try to look good.

“Have you ever been in love?” I asked out of curiosity, furrowing my brows.

He chuckled and pursed his lips, his dimples caving in, cheeks full of air as he tried to hold back his laugh. However, a few seconds later, he burst out laughing darkly, a sound that always gets goosebumps all over my body. I cringed when he looked up at me mockingly, a sight that makes you feel terrible inside.

“Love is for the weak.” he replied arrogantly, lifting his chin up proudly.

“So that's a no.” I looked away, entwining my hands on my stomach.

“It's not like love is a real thing, people use it as an excuse to get tied up with someone else because they're afraid of staying alone.”

I was about to argue with him, I even opened my mouth to speak but I thought about his words for a good minute. Maybe he's right, maybe people really do say they feel love when in reality it's not love; it's just the need to be accepted and bonded with someone else to avoid loneliness. It makes sense.

But I did love Kayn more than anything and I wanted him to be happy, even if he had to stay away from me.

“One day, you're going to fall in love with a girl and you're going to lose it.” I stated, giving him a side look.

He scoffed, “Yeah right, I'll wait.” He mused sarcastically.

The iron doors opened, cutting our conversation short. I shifted my upper body on my elbows to see Stephen walking in, a neutral expression on his face. The moment we locked eyes and he cocked his ironic brow, I knew he was back to his old cocky self and there would be no awkwardness between us whatsoever.

“Get up craziness, time for lunch.” He ordered, looking back and forth between me and Harry.

I got off the bed and put on my white sneakers, Harry groaning from his bed before reluctantly standing up. Harry’s officer came in, whom I don't know that name of yet, looking cold and distant as always. After Stephen unlocked my cell and cuffed my hands, we were on our way to the cafeteria. My stomach was a tight knot as we walked down the bright hallways with every cop eyeing us in disgust. And to think I believed they changed their mind about me...

Of course, Harry had to start laughing creepily and scare the hell out of these guards. I bit my lower lip in and attempt to stop myself from joining him. Hearing his laugh from a few steps behind me only made me want to turn my head and see his dark smile.

“Stop it, Styles.” his officer hissed angrily but Harry didn't care. He kept laughing for a while until we reached the doors that led to the cafeteria.

“Can't help myself, Elijah, they are all petrified.” Harry replied lightly.

Entering the cafeteria, I can feel myself being completely exposed to everyone's vicious looks of despise and hate. I kept my head held high as as we headed to the familiar table reserved for me, ignoring Cass’ bitches gossiping about me in the corner. I sat down on my usual seat and inhaled deeply.

Harry was led to a different table, much to my displease. I don't blame them though, they probably want to keep us crazy fucks away from each other so we won't cause a scene. I noticed that Harry turned to look at me while Elijah led him to his table, as if he wanted to spot my place in the crowded room.

“Please stay out of trouble, or we'll both be dead this time.” Stephen told me firmly, giving me a pointed look.

“No promises.” I replied sweetly, his gaze hardening into an annoyed glare before he walked away from me to get my food.

This time, I noticed the cops were actually staring at me, not leaving me from their sight, like the last time. I could hear female laughs and whispers, mocking the bandage over my broken nose, but I ignored them. I know I still look better than them with a busted nose.

However, something that did ignite anger within me, was the hungry, curious looks the girls were sending Harry, who was blankly staring down at his tattoed entwined hands. My stomach churned uncomfortably with annoyance and irritation. I looked away to stop myself from getting too upset about it. The last thing I really need today is another incident that will fuck both me and Stephen.

The monent Elijah walked away from Harry's side to get his food, girls ran up to Harry. I fisted my hands on my lap, fighting the envy blooming  inside of me. Stop it. I can't help myself from getting angry at the pathetic attempts of the girls to flirt Harry.

To my disappointment, Harry smirked and replied at them casually, enjoying the little flirty game they threw on him. The blonde thick prisoner touched his shoulder and his gaze hardened instantly on her. She pulled her hand away and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear awkwardly, while the other two brunettes kept eyeing Harry up and down like hungry lions.

“Well, well, look who's back.”

I rolled my eyes dramatically enough to show how sick I am of her stupid voice always bugging up my ear. She came to stand in front of me and placed her hands on the table, the same stupid, stoic look never leaving her bruised face. She had too, gotten some good hits, probably when she tried to break free from the guys holding her. Her braids were up in a bun, her orange uniform slightly washed out. The cops leaning against the wall immediately moved closer to us, ready to break us apart in case anything happens.

Why is she still allowed to talk to me, I don't understand.

“Hope your nose doesn't hurt.” she giggled annoyingly, tucking her tongue behind her lower teeth.

I looked up at her blankly, my fists ready on my lap, hidden from her. If she attacks, I'm all for breaking her teeth. She radiates stupidity, it's hard to like her. Especially after she tried to get my ring, I feel some strong hate for her.

“You just love causing trouble, don't you?” I said blantly, leaning back in my seat.

“You're the trouble.” she shrugged nonchalantly. “You have something that I want.” she lowered her voice, her eyes zooming in on me.

“Forget it.” I bit back, glaring at her.

“Listen up you bitch,” she leaned even closer, her tone changing to challenging. “You're not a fucking prisoner in here, you have everything we don't. I have to survive this fucking shit hole and I need my dose. I have no money now and your ring can give me all the fucking cocaine in the world—,“

“Fuck you and your cocaine.” I spat, lifting my chin up proudly. There is no fucking way I will give my special ring to her so she can get drugs in her blood. What the fuck is wrong with her?

Pretty much everything.

Pretty pretty pretty.

She lowered her cocked brows, her expression switching to devilishly dark. “You either give it to me nicely, or I'll cut your finger with it.” she warned in a growl that didn't even sound threatening to my ears.

I smirked, amused with her foolishness. She really thinks she can take me? Fucking arrogant bitch.

“Try and you'll die.” I replied in the same low tone, my smirk never leaving my face.

She pulled back and stood up straight, the anger growing stronger within the second. Then, she pulled out a knife from her pocket and dove forward, swapping the knife in the air to strike my face, grunting loudly. Instinctively and swiftly, I leaned back, dodging her deathly hit and feeling my heart pick its pace in a split second.

Everybody gasped and looked at us, the cops immediately storming toward us. As Cass put her knee on the table and stroke forward again in a second attempt to cut me, I am shocked when I see two tattooed hands come in front of Cass’s face and pull her neck back by the cuff’s chain. 

____________________________

A/N: Guess who ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 7.4K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
822 94 30
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...
153K 4K 60
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...