Pack of Lies

By MicStories

Eliza Carter thinks she has the world. A loving family, an adoring boyfriend and everything she could ever wi... More

Chapter 1: Zoo
Chapter 3: Drunken Truth
Chapter 4: Break the rules
Chapter 5: Strange encounter
Chapter 6: A peaceful Library
Chapter 7: Sacrifice
Chapter 8: Warning signs
Chapter 9: Game over
Chapter 10: Rescue
Chapter 11: Uncertainty
Chapter 12: Running
Chapter 13: Heartbroken
Chapter 14: Ambush
Chapter 15: Safe at last
Chapter 16: Truths revealed
Chapter 17: Blood lust
Chapter 18: Community
Chapter 19: Who am I?
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: A beautiful meeting
Chapter 22: Intruder
Chapter 23: Repercussions
Chapter 24: I'm so sorry
Chapter 25: Happiness
Chapter 26: Ball
Chapter 27: Leader
Chapter 28: Lies unravelled
Chapter 29: Make me yours
Chapter 30: Overwhelming desire
Chapter 31: Perfection
Chapter 32: The morning after
Chapter 33: Possessive
Chapter 34: Wedding day
Chapter 35: Guilt
Chapter 36: There's hope
Chapter 37: Deal with the devil
Chapter 38: Power
Chapter 39: Revolution
Chapter 40: Strength
Chapter 41: A tragic reunion
Chapter 42: Gift
Chapter 43: Forever yours
Chapter 44: 5 steps ahead
Chapter 45: Time for action
Chapter 46: Preparing for battle
Chapter 47: Fight to live
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Girl's Night

23K 922 221
By MicStories

Eliza

"Hey princess, you're looking quite pale, are you alright?".

I stared emotionlessly out the window thinking back to the wild events that had taken place not even half an hour ago. It all happened so quickly, it all changed so fast. There was something surreal about what had happened and I couldn't get it out of my mind.

"Eliza?" Kyle nudged me harshly pulling me out of the deep trance I had thrown myself into.

"Oh um, yep, I want an Oreo McFlurry".

I turned to my loving boyfriend expecting a smile on his face, but instead I was met with a confused expression.

"Babe, I never said that I was taking you to McDonald's. I was only asking if you were ok. You look ill".

A sad expression came onto my face as we passed a huge McDonald's on the side of the road.

"I'm fine, just tired, that's all" I lied knowing full well he didn't believe me, but he wouldn't question me on it.

"Ok. I'll take you home and then I'm going to stop by your dad's office".

"Why? I thought we had plans for dinner tonight".

Kyle was staring straight ahead of him as he carried on driving along the busy road with a frown on his face.

"Sorry babe, but I've got emergency plans and I need to speak with your father about some business deals".

Don't get me wrong I was annoyed, but my father and Kyle worked hard on their other businesses. It was something I knew and accepted from the start.

"Ok. But don't forget to text me".

"I won't princess. I promise".

Kyle leaned over and kissed me gently on the cheek without taking his hands off the steering wheel.

"Well in that case I think I'll be going out with Brooke tonight then".

My body suddenly jerked forward as Kyle braked hard at a red light.

"Brooke? As in Brooke Winshire?".

I could feel his eyes burning into my skull. His anger radiating off his body like a heater.

"Yes. It's been a while since I've seen her, and I've missed her".

"Fuck's sake Eliza, what have I said about seeing her. She's a bad influence and-"

"No! Enough. Brooke is my friend and I haven't seen her in months. You don't get to control who I get to see. I don't care if you aren't happy with me seeing her, but nothing you say can stop me".

Kyle's face whipped over to mine shocked by my outburst, but it wasn't fair for him to control me in this way. He was protective, but I hated this possessive side of him.

He grunted and turned away from me as cars behind us began to beep in frustration as the traffic light had now turned green.

"Your father won't be happy to hear who you're meeting tonight".

"I couldn't care less".

Kyle shook his head in disbelief and sped dangerously along the road.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I quickly clicked on Brooke's name and replied back to the message that I had forgot to reply back to this morning.

I smiled at Brooke's immediate reply and the plans quickly came into place.

It was done. The plans were confirmed. Brooke and I were having a girls night out and no one would ruin it.

--------------------------------------------------------

7 hours later

"So what can I get you. First round is on me" Brooke shouted over the loud music as we stood at the bar.

"I'll have a double Vodka and Coke please".

"Wahey. My girl is channelling her inner Queen".

I snickered loudly and watched as the bartender prepared my drink swiftly.

"And I'll have a triple Vodka and rum please. Here, keep the change".

Brooke turned away from the bartender and lent against the bar staring at me with the biggest smile.

"You're looking so good Eliza. Please tell me you're not with Kyle still".

"Here you go ladies".

"Thanks honey" Brooke winked as we both grabbed our drinks and simultaneously took a sip.

"Come, I got us special seats in the VIP section. We need a big catch up".

Brooke grabbed my hand and tugged me through the crowds and somehow up the stairs whilst I was happily swigging down my very very strong drink.

I could see Brooke turning back and her mouth moving, but the loud voices and booming music silenced any words that came out of her mouth.

Thankfully we had finally made our way into the VIP section and before I could utter another word Brooke pushed me down onto the soft sofa and turned to face me.

"So? You still with that uptight pompous jackass?".

"Brooke, he's not that bad. We've been together for three years. I love him"-

"Really? You love the way he controls you? Has a hold over you? You have so much more worth Eliza".

I gulped down the rest of my drink and collapsed back on the sofa.

"He can be a little possessive at times but he's a part of my life. My dad and him are so close. He was there for me when my mum died. He has imperfections, but he's a good guy who I love".

Brooke rolled her eyes and gulped down the rest of her drink before signalling over another waiter.

"We are gonna need some more drinks here".

Brooke whispered to the waiter who nodded and left with haste.

"Anyway, enough about that bastard, how are you? You're looking on the skinny side honey".

"I'm fine. Except, I saw something strange today".

"Oh yeah?" Brooke turned towards me giving her full attention to me.

"Hmm. So we were at the zoo today and Kyle had gone to get us some ice cream. Anyway, I went to look at the Wolf enclosure and there was one wolf who couldn't stop looking at me. For some strange reason, I felt safe and I wasn't scared".

Brooke placed down her glass and lent closer towards me with her eyes slightly widened.

"Then Kyle came back and suddenly the wolf went crazy. It was head butting the cage and growling louder than anything I'd ever heard".

"Damn, sounds like someone's been watching too much twilight" Brooke chuckled, yet there was a strange emotion in her unique looking eyes.

"Haha, funny" I mumbled unimpressed by her response.

"Hey ladies, mind if we join you?".

I let out a small scream as two strapping guys stood in front of us with smirks on their face.

I noticed that one of the men was staring straight at Brooke with a passionate lustful expression. I turned to Brooke who was also staring up at the man with her eyes wide open as if she had fallen in love at first sight.

"Hey! Mind if I sit next to you?" The other guy smiled at me with gesturing to the empty seat.

"Sure" I retorted back with a hint of confidence. This is what I called the Brooke effect. She always brought me out of my shell. Even though I was a taken woman, it didn't mean I wasn't allowed to talk to guys.

"My name is Ryan, what's yours?". He held out his hand and I instantly placed my hand in his shaking it firmly.

"I'm Eliza".

The man's eyebrows frowned and stared intently into my eyes.

"It's a nice name, but you look more like a Luna to me".

Brooke and the other man started to laugh as did Ryan making me frown. Was that supposed to be a chat up line or a joke of sorts. Instead of questioning the strange man, I simply laughed and took a swig of my refilled drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 252K 34
**The No 1 fantasy romance by award-winning novelist and scriptwriter Gytha Lodge, author of The Fragile Tower series** What if you had a power you c...
79.3K 5K 28
A desperate new mother must piece together her memories from the most violent night of her life - and confront the truth about the ghosts that have b...
295K 11.2K 27
[ completed - 17/3/14 ] [ undergoing slight editing ] [ Wattyawards2014 ] [ featured on the Wattpad Official account's Summer Beach Reads list ] Au...
1.2M 70.9K 39
This is Book 3 in the Light as a Feather series. Book 1: Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board (available on Amazon & iTunes) Book 2: Light as a Feath...