Miscommunication

By beauty-of-roses

[Formerly known as: Warzone] "I miss him so much. I wish he was here, that none of this ever happened and tha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 13

10.2K 89 10
By beauty-of-roses

"That was really good."

"I'm glad you liked it."

We had finished our meals and were now walking back to the car. Our hands were linked together and Harry kept swinging them back and forth.

We arrived at the van and Harry opened the door for me.

"You guys have fun?" Paul asked from the front.

"Yeah we did. It was fun being in such a nice place wearing not-so-nice clothes. I kind of felt like I was breaking the law." I grinned.

"Yeah. And the people kept looking at us like we were mental. It was really good." Harry agreed.

"So, now we're going straight to the --"

"PAUL!"

"Whoops. My bad, Harry. I keep forgetting she doesn't know."

I laughed at Harry's facial expression. He looked so worried.

"What?" He asked.

"You looked so worried."

"Well, where we're going now is a surprise. That means you're not supposed to know." He shot Paul a glare and Paul chuckled, seeing through the rear-view mirror.

It was cute how he wanted to surprise me. He was cute, period.

"What are thinking about?" He wondered. "You're just smiling at nothing."

My cheeks flushed. Why must I blush at everything?

"Uh, I was just thinking about how cute you are."

He smiled, making his dimples show. I swear his cheeks even turned slightly pink.

"You're cute." He poked my nose.

"You're both cute. We're here." Paul announced.

Before I had a chance to even just turn my head to look out the window, Harry covered my eyes.

"A blindfold? Really?"

"Yup. Hold my hand and be careful when you get out."

I held his hand with one hand and moved the other along the seat as I scooted over to the door. Harry grabbed me around the waist and lifted me out of the van.

"You couldn't have waited to put the blindfold on until I was safely out of the van?" I asked.

"You might have seen."

I would have rolled my eyes, but they were closed under the blindfold and Harry wouldn't have seen anyway.

I listen to the nosies around me as Harry led me to our unknown destination.

The sound of people filled the air. It smelled like cotton candy and hot dogs.

"Harry," I began, excited. "Are we where I think we are?"

Harry chuckled and squeezed my hand.

"Find out for yourself." He untied the blindfold and put it in his pocket. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes.

I gasped. "Harry! We're at a carnival!"

"I know."

"I've always wanted to go to a carnival. I've never been to one before."

"I know." He grinned.

"You really payed attention when we played that get-to-know-you game, didn't you?"

"I always pay attention to you."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back and rested his head against mine.

"Thank you." I whispered into his hoody.

"Anytime."

I wiggled out of his arms and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go on that ride first." I said, pointing. "No, that one! Or we could go find something to eat. Get cotton candy. Oh, the Ferris Wheel! We-"

"Calm down!" Harry interrupted me, laughing. "How about we go walk around and see what there is first."

"Okay!" I agreed.

I pulled him around the park eagerly, pointing out all things I wanted to do - which was pretty much everything. I'd never been to a carnival and have always wanted to go. It was so much better than I thought it would be.

Harry laughed at my eagerness and let me drag him wherever I wanted. I decided on going on one of the rides first.

"Come on, let's go on that." I pointed to one of the roller coasters. This was a permanent carnival instead of those traveling ones, so it had a lot cooler attractions.

"That?" Harry asked, uncertain.

"Yeah! Come o-" I stopped. "Oh yeah, you're afraid of roller coasters."

"Afraid isn't the right word." Harry mumbled.

"It's okay to be afraid of things, Harry." I smiled. "You just need to conquer your fears. So let's go!"

The look on Harry's face was of pure terror. I laughed and pulled him to the line of people waiting to ride.

"I'll hold your hand. You'll be okay." I promised.

"Uh, no. I can't."

"Yes you can!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes -- wait, crap."

I grinned. "So it's settled! You're going to die." Harry gave me a strange look. I then realized my mistake. "No! That's not what I meant! I meant ride! You're going to ride! You won't die, I promise."

"The things I do for you." He muttered so low I wasn't sure I heard him correctly.

He just stood there silently, gripping my hand. Soon it was our turn. There were two seats per car so it worked out perfectly. We both quickly fastened the safety harnesses. Harry wasted no time grabbing my hand again.

"It's okay!" I laughed.

"No it's--ah!" The ride lurched foreword and Harry's eyes widened. He shot me a panicked look and I tried to suppress my laughter.

The ride slowly creeped up the track, Harry's grip on my hand tightening slowly. Once we made it to the top of the big hill, Harry shot me a panicked look and squeezed my hand. I smiled encouragingly before the roller coaster shot down the track.

The track was pretty short so we reached the end pretty quickly. I climbed out of the car, laughing, waiting for Harry to finish unbuckling the safety harness.

"Why are you laughing?" Harry muttered, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the ride.

"I don't know! Some things just make me laugh. Like the look on your face when the ride started."

"I was scared. I admit it. But it wasn't that bad. I'm alive so that's good." He shrugged.

"Yes, it is good. Does that mean we can do it again?"

"No!"

I laughed at his wide eyed expression. "Once is enough, I guess. Yeah?"

He nodded and slung an arm around my shoulder. He glanced at his watch, catching my attention.

"You have a watch." I pointed out bluntly.

"Um, yeah?" 

"I like it. Not many guys nowadays have watches. It's like they think watches aren't cool enough or something." I rolled my eyes.

Harry chuckled. "It's funny that something as pointless as a watch can annoy you."

"Well! I... Yeah. I guess I'm a bit weird." I admitted.

"Yes, but your weirdness is cute."

"And your cheesiness is cute."

We grinned at each other until something in my peripheral vision caught my eye.

"Oh! We should play that game and you should win me a huge stuffed animal like guys do in those cheesy chick flicks that I love!"

I dragged a laughing Harry over to the booth where they had pins stacked up. They guy working there either didn't notice Harry, which would be very difficult, or he chose to ignore him because he gave me a flirty smile and started flirting.

"What can I do for such a pretty girl like yourself?" He asked, leaning on his forearms against the counter.

I let go of Harry'a hand and walked up to the counters, leaning towards him.

"You can stop flirting with me, that's what you can do. And my date would like to play the game." I flashed him a smile and grabbed Harry's arm. He'd been glaring at the guy who just now chose to notice him.

"Right." He pulled three balls out from a box and set them on the counter.

"Okay, Harry. You've got to knock all the pins down so I can get a stuffed animal." I instructed, handing him a ball.

"Sure." Harry laughed. He took the ball and threw it. It hit the middle pin on the bottom row, causing all the pins to tumble down.

I cheered while the worker just stood there staring at Harry.

"Those pins are solid metal. How'd you knock them all down on your first try?" He wondered, surprised.

"Skill. Something you seem to lack when it comes to girls."

I burst out laughing as the guy just glared.

"Harry! That was mean, but so funny!"

"Are you high? Has Zayn been sharing his crack with you?" Harry asked, smiling and rolling his eyes at me.

I shook my head. "I'm weird, remember?"

The worker groaned. "Pick your animal and leave already."

Despite Harry's plea for me to pick the stuffed cat, I chose the huge stuffed bear.

"He's so soft Harry! And huge! He's the perfect cuddle buddy." I explained as we waked around the park. "I'm going to name him Mr. Snuggles."

"Mr. Snuggles?"

"Yeah! Snuggles is cute."

"Okay Liss, whatever you say."

We both walked in silence for a moment.

"That was totally unromantic you know." Harry mumbled.

"Huh?" That was a quick change in mood.

"It was supposed to be my idea to play the game and I was supposed to win the bear and surprise you by giving it to you. That's how it goes in the movies."

"Aw Hazza. It's okay! I don't mind. I was the one who ruined it anyway." I smiled. "It's fine."

He grinned at me and glanced at his watch again. "Let's go do some more stuff, yeah?"

We walked around for a while, playing games and getting cotton candy. A few fans has noticed Harry and asked for a picture and such, but it wasn't too bad. Now it was getting late and it was really cold.

"Thanks for your hoody." I muttered as I pulled the sleeves over my hands. I'd been wearing Harry's hoody all night, but just began to really appreciate it. Mr. Snuggles was also a good protection against the cold.

"No problem. How about we go on the Ferris Wheel then head back to the hotel." Harry suggested.

"Yeah." I nodded. "We've got to ride the Ferris Wheel. That's supposed to be the best part!"

The park was starting to clear out, and there were only a few couples still lingering.

We climbed into one of compartments and the worker shut the door. There were two benches on either side with a pole in the middle. Harry sat down on the side where his back was facing the ride and he could see the park. He pulled me down with him, pulling me closely into his side.

The Ferris Wheel went around a few times, Harry and I sitting in silence. This particular Ferris Wheel was huge, so the view from the top was incredible.

After about four complete go rounds, the wheel stopped, with our compartment on the very top.

"What hap--" I began but Harry cut me off.

"Lissa, I am so glad I met you. You are perfect and I really really like you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared at him for a moment, shocked. "Of course!"

Harry smiled that beautiful smile of his before leaning in towards me and pressing his lips to mine. I froze for a second before coming to my senses and kissing him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as hid hands cupped my face. He kissed me sweetly and passionately, causing my body to tingle. Fireworks were going off in mind, and i was feeling the sparks they always talked about in books. Harry slowly pulled back and rested his forehead against mine.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." He muttered.

"You just took my lip virginity." I whispered.

"Really? You're 17. And you had a boyfriend."

"Yeah. That's why he felt the need to cheat on me. Whatever."

Harry grinned and leaned in again, meeting my lips. He moved one of his hands to the back of my neck and I tangled mine in his curls. He still tasted of the cotton candy we had earlier. The fireworks in my head were so loud now I could have sworn they were real.

I pulled back and looked up at the sky. Fireworks were exploding, coloring the blackness.

"Harry." I breathed.

He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned my head against his shoulder as we watched the fireworks.

"This is beautiful." I mumbled.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"That's a line from a cheesy movie."

"But it's true."

My face heated up with a blush and I was glad he couldn't see.

The firework show soon ended and the Ferris Wheel began to move again. Once we reached the bottom, the worker opened the door and we climbed out.

"Thanks John." Harry smiled at the man.

"You planned this?" I asked as we made our way back to the parking lot.

"Sure did."

"Thank you. This was the best night ever."

"It doesn't have to be over. Come on, let's go back to the hotel. We can cuddle on the couch with Mr. Snuggles and watch a movie." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated this on my phone since I was so behind on updating. I'll go back later and edit it.

Well, Lissa and Harry are finally together! I thought this chapter was so cute! What did you think?

cOmMeNt & vOtE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 29.1K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
3.8M 157K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...