Dear Little Deaf Boy

By Happyfaceforever

Jasper's voice was like waiting for a rain storm during a drought. You got excited when the clouds got grey h... More

Dear Little Deaf Boy
DLDB:2
DLDB:3
DLDB4
DLDB:5
DLDB:6
DLDB:7
DLDB:8
DLDB:9
DLDB:10
DLDB:11
DLDB:12
DLDB:13
DLDB:14
DLDB:15
DLDB.16
DLDB:17
DLDB:18
DLDB:19
DLDB:20
DLDB:21
DLDB:22
DDB:23
DLDB:24
DLDB:25
DLDB:26
DLDB:27
DLDB: 28
DLDB:29
DLDB: 30
Authors Note
DLDB: 31
DLDB:32
DLDB:33
DLDB:34
DLDB:35
DLDB:36
DLDB:37
DLDB:38
DLDB: 39
DLDB: 39 P2
DLDB: 39 P3
DLDB:40
DLDB:41
DLDB:42
DLDB:43
DLDB:44
DLDB:45
DLDB:46
DLDB:47
DLDB:48
Wattys
DLDB:49
DLDB:50
DLDB:51
DLDB:52
DLDB:53
DLDB:54
DLDB:55
DLDB: 56
DLDB:57
DLDB:58
DLDB:59
DLDB:60
DLDB:61
DLDB:62
DLDB:63
DLDB:64
DLDB:65
DLDB:66
DLDB:67
DLDB:68
AUTHORS NOTE ( READ)
DLDB:69
DLDB: 69 Pt.2
DLDB:70
DLDB:71
DLDB:72
DLDB:73
DLDB:74
DLDB:75
DLDB:76
DLDB:77
DLDB:77
DLDB:78

DLDB:67 (Part 2)

15.3K 666 377
By Happyfaceforever

PART 2:

I didn't know how to sit still and pretty, and as much as Polly, and Finn even my Dad wanted. It was just something I couldn't do. Pretty , yes always. Sitting still? No.

The classical holiday music spreads in the ballroom with bright crystal chandeliers hanging over us, the decorate resembling a Heavenly Winter wonderland. The lights where a tinted blue and candles lit up the ballroom placed on each table, diamond lanterns glowed making the room look even more magical. No matter how grand the decorations, galas always found ways to bore me.

I grab a champagne class and chugged it, sending the waiter by surprise as I handed him back the glass.

My feet where glued to the ground as I caught sight of my Dad. He laughed fully amused at the people around him. I knew he was faking it. The Thomas where small business owners unlike everyone else. They owned a small motel with less than 100 acres. And as many people desperate to snag a seat with Johnathan Pines, the naive Thomas's considered them self the elite not realizing how manipulative my Father could be. They should of played Monopoly, maybe then they would of had a better understanding of land and business. And how he had no intentions of helping invest in there comfy motel that had been in there family for generations. This small hotel was the only thing stopping him from owning 80% of the land on I-90. I wasn't sure what she as going to do with it, build a mall maybe, or another hotel. Probably even both.

He was a blood sucker, gentrified everything he laid hands on and paid the people less than the land was worth. Consider a mogul or a tycoon in this world. He loved money, he worked so more spending money on making more money.

I never understood it.

He owned resorts across the global yet, we never really did family vacations. Everything was business trips. He was rich, I'm not sure what he would be doing. I'm not sure what he else he truly loves in world.

The Thomas weren't the only thing at the table. Finnegan and his father where also there laughing it up, only little did the Thomas's know that it was all an inside joke.

An empty chair sat beside Finn and my Dad. "Kinsley Pines" printed neatly on a name card.

" Fuck it." I mumbled before approaching the table. Finn' noticing me, although I didn't get a reaction until he did a double take. Nearly choking on the class water he was drinking. His eyes wondering to my provocative slit in disapproval. It didn't take long before the rest of the table followed his gaze.

" Kinsley." My Dad's  eyes turned dark and he looked everything but happy to see me, but noticing the company around us his tone changed from cold and disapproving  to more upbeat  as he said my name once more. " Kinsley." He got up from his chair to greet me and while the rest of the table saw a smile I could see the scowl in his eyes.

He leaned in closely to my ear and said lowly. "Change."

" No thank you." I whispered back.

" Joy, Paul this is my daughter Kinsley." He introduced.

My God shes a doll." Joy complimented as I softly shuck her hand. " You have to keep this one close Johnathan boys are going to line up for this one." Paul said as I sat down in my seat. Finn taking this opportunity to chime in. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder giving it a tight squeeze.

" The line gets shorter once they realize I'm in the  front." The table laughed at Finn's comment.

" Oh calm down bud if anything you're the caboose" I laughed , yet I was the only one who found it funny. My laugh being the one still standing as everyone else's dimmed down.

A warming squeeze came from Finn as he dug his fingers in my exposed thigh.

" She's always been a joker. Gotta love it about her."

I swat his hand away discreetly.

" Enough about me, tell me more about this wonderful motel I'm hearing so much about."

" Oh darling don't put wonderful and motel in the same sentence." Paul chuckled.

" Oh don't be modest, I'm sure it's beautiful." From the corner of my eye, I could see pride in my Dad's eyes as assumed I was helping him.

" I'm flattered, but it's just some old dusty land. Can't believe Johnathan would even want to buy it."  Joy replied sweetly. Her and her husband where a young couple, no older than 35 and with enough wine and dinning my Dad would have his claws wrapped around them.

" Don't be ridiculous." I proclaimed.

" I was just telling the Thomas's how I'd be more than happy to take that debt off there shoulders. The place hasn't had much of any business tourist never travel on I-90. Drowning in debt like that isn't good for anyone. Couldn't image leaving me sweet girl with debt like that." My Dad explained.

" Selling it is the best option." Bruce chimed in, and for the first time I had really noticed him. Chills ran down my back at his manipulative smile.

" Selling it is the worst option." I objected.

" Excuse me?"  Joy asked.

My Father looked at me " Excuse me?"

" Don't you want to keep it?" I asked them.

Joy and Paul fumbled for words." I mean yes of course but-"

All eyes turned to me. " That motel has been in your family for generations, don't stop the chain now. I mean come on Dad  aren't you the one always preaching about building for your "progeny"."

His jaw clenched and I could tell he was trying to remain composure. "I'm not for leaving them in debt Kinsley. Our situations and the Thomas's are not the same."

" Hell yeah there not. Because unlike me they actually want what's being left for them."

"They don't want the debt the two and two come together Kinsley." Finn interjected. " She can be such a child some times." He said brushing me off.

" We are the same fucking age dumbass."

Even over the classical music in the background my color words provoked a few gasp amongst us. Finn was clearly embarrassed after being hushed by me and had a hard time recovering he looked at my Father for help.

" Look." I said lowering my voice and speaking with sincereness  to the Thomas's.  " Don't sell it."

Joy's eyes flickers truly conflicted with what to chose.

" Honey he's offering us half a million dollars." Paul tried to persuade.

I snort at the money. " Paying your asses like a cheap whore."

" Kinsley." My Fathers voice dropped dangerously low.

" There building a bypass that runs right past your " dusty motel" half a million is cheap change compared to the  business that's going to be swept through there. You're motel might as well be located on a gold mine. You don't have to be a fucking genius to know this shit. Haven't you guys seen the movie Cars?"

Joy was clearly shocked by the news. " Is this true?" She questioned turning to my Dad.

" Of course it's true, he's the one thats paying for  it.. Hey! Waiter where the fuck is my lobster!" I shouted my focus drifting towards the empty space in front me.

My Dad cursed under his breath not pleased with me dropping this bombshell.

" You can't seriously be taking her seriously Joy. I mean look at her. She's dressed like-"

" Like a what?" I asked with narrow eyes at Paul. " How does what I wear have anything to do with my knowledge you sexist pig."

" I didn't mean it like that." He defended.

" It doesn't matter what you meant it's  how I took it. Are you a piece of shit to Paul. I swear half the men I meet are utter shits."  I insulted. " And where is my food!" I groaned.

" Fuck it your FIRED!" I shouted drunkly to the waiter who walked by the table for the 3rd time without my Lobster.

Finn and My Dad leaned behind me to talk discreetly
" She's drunk." I heard Finn whisper to my Dad

" All this whispering. Prime example of why win are conniving jerks. Always doing stuff behind women's back. You ever do that Bruce?"

" Kinsley that's enough!" Dad finally barked. " Go get yourself together."

" Fine." I shrugged getting up from the table nearly stumbling until Finn stopped me. His large hands gripping my waist. " I'll help you-"

" Get the fuck off me!" I said pushing him away.

No doubt it, I was definitely going unnoticed. The embarrassment on my Dad's face was undeniable. And as ashamed as he was, I felt known. I credit the the amount of alcohol I consumed that brought out of all of inhibitions and even though I wasn't the drinking type, that tonight all rules where broken. Like I said before, I wasn't a bad child not a partly animal my grades might of been a bit rocky but I worked to fix them and I was dedicated to my craft. I wasn't out busting it open not tattoos for him to fuss over and not many discipline errors in school for him to cry about.

He didn't understand how good he had it.

I was a good kid.

I just didn't share his dream, and for that I was insubordinate, disrespectful, and complete train wreck.

He could blame my school, dance, Jasper. But it was him it was always Johnathan Pines that brought out the worst in me.

I walked from the table with no intentions of coming back. I hadn't done enough damage though. I might of cursed a bit and ruined a business deal, but I didn't bring the hell I swore I would reckon.

I need to flip a damn table, something to truly make him shit his pants.

     I walked through the tables and the chartering face slowly forgetting there eyes where on me as I stood still. The soft sounds of the piano and violin causing warmth to spread through my body.

    My white lace dress standing out in the blue dim lights and glowing lanterns. I felt like a ghost, a gorgeous ghost, haunting and mesmerizing a beautiful nightmare. I forgot the eyes around me forgetting that I was even visible.

They saw me though.

Enchanted yet, horrified.

I found my self swaying lightly to the music, nothing drastic because not even I would dear to leap in a mermaid gown. But the sweet strings consumed me move even in the slightest way.

I was slow dancing all alone.

Slow dancing where there was no dance floor.

I moved like a ghost with ease and no effort.

I didn't dance alone for long though.

I could always feel him. Even in the room full of people I could feel his eyes.

I felt his hands.

He came up from behind, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me close to him.

No words needed to be exchanged, not when I had the music. It was an easy sway, a dance that needed no rhythm. I just needed to be held in his arms.

A smile spreader across my face as I turned to him.

His dark brown hair was comb back yet, a curl mange to break from the other and hung against his forehead. His black suited fitted him perfectly. My smirk widen as I looked down and saw his black converse.

+• J A S P E R •+

You never had to look to hard for Kinsley Pines, because where ever she went she was seen. I didn't think she tired, she just couldn't help it. She couldn't help the lights that seeped from her skin or the sweet scent she left behind. She couldn't up being beautiful. She couldn't help being mesmerizing.

     As soon I was walked in you could see her like a lost angel, wearing a stunning white dress and that favored ever curve. I wasn't the only one that looked at her with such admiration I could see it in the eyes of the over worked waiters and even the pervert sliver haired men in tuxedos who sat along side of there wives who whispered the gossip to the next while looking at her with a scowl.

She moved her hips gracefully, a simple dance alone. One that wasn't as complex as the ones that she performed on stage. She was relaxed her eyes closed. I can't hear, you know it, I know. But Kinsley.. she was the music. And even though I haven't heard a song lyric or the keys of piano in years she made me feel as if I was hearing an entire symphony. She had highs and lows just like music, she could be soft and sensual, or powerful and chaotic she had her own melody and could tell a story just like music.

She was a song of her own.

Not many people can see music, but I saw every time I looked at her. She was worth all the trouble, seeing her was worth all the commotion it took me to get there.

I walked to her, she was caught in her own mind to notice.

My hands wrapped around her waist pulling her close, taking in her warmth the scent of her strawberry shampoo. I placed my head in the crook of her neck and swayed with her.

The shocked expression of the audience went over my head, and I didn't care about the heart attack her Dad was probably having.

She was all I thought about.

She stopped and turned to face me, the most amazing smile on her face as she took in my appearance.

" Classy." She smiled

" Don't I clean up nicely?" I asked dejecting her attention to the suite jacket Gurney gave me.

" You certainly do Mr.Ralston." She completed her fingers tips running over my chest.

" All for you Ms.Pines."

God damn she's beautiful .

The glint in her eyes shifted as she looked behind me the smile she had fading. " We should get out of here." She said removing her heels.

I followed her gaze to her Father whispering lowly to 2 very large men who looked to be security. Just as they came our way Kinsley grabbed my hand and without warning she sprinted.

" Woah!"

" Kinsley!" Her Father roared.

I watched as she giggled and pulled me after causing chaos waitress dropping there trays as we flew by them, and the 2 very large man running after us.

Her lips moved, but I couldn't make out what she was saying as she existed the ballroom and eventually out of the hotel all together. It didn't stop there though, the pines in her hair where falling out as we ran down the busy sidewalk the lights of Vegas greeting us. Her dark hair soon unleashing and bouncing as we ran. She held her dress and shoes up with one hand and even though I had know idea what she was saying, the smile she wore said it all.

There we where, running down the streets of Vegas as if she was a ran away bride, maybe even a runaway princess.

It was probably one of my favorite memories of her she was unbound and unstoppable.

Apart of wondering if I was holding her back.

If I let go of her hand would she keep running?

Finally we stopped at the Fountains of Bellagio she panted for air and ran her hands through her hair. "  Welcome to Vegas!" She exclaimed loudly her dress spinning with her as she twirled.

" Isn't it beautiful?" She asked

My eyes feel to her. " Very beautiful."

" I.... I just can't believe you're actually here!" Her eyes widen as she looked behind me, her attention never staying at one place for long. " Ice cream!" She shouted like an excited child. She ran to the ice cream cart.

" 2 scoops of strawberry ice cream please."

The man nodded and began scooping her ice cream.

She faced me. " What do you want?"

"I'm good." Kinsley's face scrunched at my request. " He'll take cookie dough."

I dug in my pocket and pulled at my wallet she hadn't noticed and frowned for the first time tonight. " I don't have my  card-"

" I got it." I spoke extending my arm out handing him the 10 dollar bill and then grabbed the ice cream cones.

" So I guess this is our first date huh?" She commented taking her ice cream cone.

" It doesn't have to be, I've been taking extra hours at work. That way we could have something I could take you some where nice." I suggested.

She shock her head " No, this is nice.... this is perfect."

We sat on a bench as people walked past us, earning a few looks for our overly dressed wardrobe occupied by are scoops of ice scream.

" You fucking weirdo." She laughed as I bit into my ice cream.

" What?"

" Don't tell me licking ice cream makes you questioning your masculinity."

" Pshh, No."

" Then do it."

" Could you stop looking at me." I joked noticing her
watching.

A devious smirk spreads across her lips slowly her tongue moved across her strawberry ice cream cone seductively staining her red lips.

Fuck.

Kinsley was sexy.

But it was something I didn't let myself think to much about. She was more than her sex appeal, she was tempting in every way but knowing her past I figured that it would door that wouldn't be open for a while. I was fine, I could wait for as long as she wanted.

Yet, moments like this made waiting seem rather hard.

She laughed that devious smile still in her face. "Pussy" She said.

" Whatever." I responded in defeat.

"Men. Always sexualizing things even the innocence of ice cream."

" Who says I was sexualizing it?"

" You where giving me that look."

"The look?" I chuckled

" The whole biting your lip thing." She shrugs " Don't worry it was sexy." Kinsley causally says

" Sexy? Now who's sexualizing who?" I replied. She playful pushed my shoulder.

I won't lie, hearing her say that did boost my ego.

After finishing our ice cream she laid out on the bench her head falling into my lap her dark eyes looking up at me. She starred for a while as if she was trying to figure something out. My hands found there way in her long dark hair.

" You don't look like him." She mumbled.

" Like who?"

She shock her head. " No one." She quickly changed the subject. " What made you come? At first you where-"

" An idiot."

I felt the vibration of her laugh.

If only I could hear it.

" That too. But seriously what changed your mind?"

" Gurney." I admitted

" Are you serious?" She smiled finding it comical.

" Yeah, I'm not sure if it was cannabis but he's really wise. At first I thought I'd come to prove a point to your Father. But then I realized I just needed to prove to you that I'm here for you. You needed me, and I backed away. Never again."

" Promise?" She spoked raising her pinky. I locked her with mine and said " I promise."

She sighed. " Your promises are the only ones I look forward to." That gorgeous smile faded.

" Do people you know normally break there's?"

" No, and that the problem. There determined. But so am I. Hard to say who's going to win or lose."Kinsley replies witb a gloomy look in her eyes.

" My money's on you."

She smiles again " Better be."

We both laughed making night seem even more magical.

" Finn was right." She blurted out. " I eat from a gold spoon, I have shoes and cars and penthouses, but I want something that's completely priceless. Something that money can't buy something like...." She searched for an answer.

" Love." I found my self speaking.

Her eyes locked with my mine and my heart jolted.

" Yes, like love. Have you ever felt that Jasper?"

My God.

" Yes, I have." I confess.

" What's it feel like?"

" Feels like nothing else in world." I wasn't sure if I should continue. There was something about the topic, that made my heart race and my palms dampen. She watched intrigued by the words.

"It's something you wake up for, something you live for. It's one of those things that is better than every thing."

" Oh." She responds. " I think I've felt that."

The corner of my lips curved into a smile as a optimism rushed through my body.

She fells the same way as I do.

" You have?"

She nods.

" I feel that way every time ..."

" Every time what?" I asked eager for an answer.

" Every time I dance."

Why was I so disappointed at those words? Why did it hurt?

" It's exactly like you  described. It's my world. If I couldn't dance, if I didn't get into Juilliard. It would be like a broken heart. I would lose the love of my life. Is that how you feel with art?"

I felt stupid, completely clueless. Her eyes sparkled as she thought of love of her life as she thought of a dream without me.

There was the answer to the question.

She would keep running, and I would want her too.

I couldn't be sad that her first choice wasn't me. And I was a selfish perk for even considering it.

" Yeah Art." I replied

" Shit, what time is it?" She asked jumping up.

I pulled out my phone checking the time. " 7:59"

" Come one!" She got up and ran towards the fountain.

" On my count! Take my picture!"

I pulled out my phone and curiously watched her.
" 5!" She scrunched up her gown and planted her feet

"4"

"3"

" 2"

" ONE!"

She ran and leaped high in the air her just as the fountain began shooting out a show of water with lights beaming from them.

It was beautiful.

She was beautiful.

I captured the moment and watched her in amazement as she landed on the floor with a stumbled. The people around us applauding.

" Did you get it?" She signed from a distant

" It was hard to miss." I replied.

A blonde woman came over " Do you want me to take you guys picture?" She offered.

" No that's fine-" My words where cut short as Kinsley came over.

" We'd love that." Without warning she grabbed my hand giving me little time to hand the lady the camera.

" Don't be camera shy." She told me  " You're gorgeous." While brushing a strand of hair that had fallen out of place.

I wrapped my arm around her pulling her close, her head laid into my chest and I could feel her smile.

I smiled and the camera flashed capturing them both.

She yawned.

" We should get you back." I suggested.

•       •     •

                   Her hotel room was bigger than my house and back yard combined. She wasn't exaggerating her wealth, if anything I didn't realize exactly how rich she was until I came her and saw her last name plastered on everything. I stood at the door not sure what to do next. Her hotel room might as well have been a apartment.

" You don't have to just stand there." She said noticing me not moving from the door.

" I.. just didn't know if you wanted me to stay or not."

"Where else would you go?" She asked

" My car."

She chuckled assuming it was joke, but I was serious.

I walked into the living area of the suite as she entered the bed room. She later peaked her head out of the bedroom .
" Are you hungry, I could order room services?"

" I'm good." I replied

" Let me know if you change your mind." She re entered the door leaving the door cracked.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath turning away just as I saw her began to unzip her dress. Caught me surprise I stumble over the remote nearly falling.

Kinsley reappeared still in her dress. " Everything okay?"

My face went flush in embarrassment. " Yeah."

" Could you help me with the zipper? I mean I knew the dress was hell to put on but getting out of it is even worse. Should of went on that Keto diet like he suggested." She mumbled the last part and even though I didn't hear a word she said. It bothered me knowing she felt insecure.

" Yeah, no problem."

She turned around and even I was getting flustered as I touched the zipper slowly pulling it down, each time exposing her skin.

Until finally the dress feel leaving her bare in her black undergarments. I quickly averted my gaze.

" Fuck." I mumbled

Trying to look anywhere but at the beauty in-front of me.

Her soft hands send sparks down my body as she guided my gaze back to her.

" Kinsley." The words came out breathy.

Her lips collided with mine, a kiss that she wanted more of.

A kiss that tasted...

Like Champagne.

As addicting as her champion kisses where, I couldn't continue.

" Kinsley." I spoke again. Yet it seemed like she was the one that was deaf. Still her soft kisses meet my neck, and I was the verge of falling under her feel.

" Kinsley." I repeated only time it sounded more like a fucking moan.

Snap out of it Jasper!  Get a hold of yourself!

" Kinsley!" I exclaimed hoping to snap her out of it, my hands gripped her waist pulling her off of me and I urgently got of the couch.

Panic ran through her eyes. Her legs curled onto the couch and I could see her body literally shaking her eyes watery I was confused.

She was... terrified.

" I'm sorry I did it wrong! I-I we'll try it again, I'll do it better." She pleaded almost to herself, as she trying to convince her self that she could do this.

" You're drunk Kinsley." I explained.

But even then it seemed like my words didn't matter. She was in her own head. "I have to do this, I can this. He's different." She whispered to herself.

What was she trying to prove?

She distraught, it was obvious she wasn't in any mood for sex nor was she ready but she was trying to force herself to be.

I unfolded the blanket that laid neatly on the couch and placed it over her exposed body. Those watery eyes looked up at me and mascara running down her face. She wiped her cheeks not wanting me to see and turned her attention elsewhere.

" Fuck, I'm sorry." She apologized

" Stop apologizing."

She frowned " I thought I was ready. " Kinsley said lightly her fingers playing with the thread of the blanket.

" Why? I don't... I don't understand why you felt like you had to do that Kinsley. Did I... did I pressure you in any way? I didn't mean to-"

" No!" She exclaimed " No not at all! You where perfect... You're always perfect."

She watched as I stood at a distance while she sat in the couch. I didn't want to her to feel uncomfortable and thought she would of liked space, she was calmer and was no longer shaking.

" You can sit down Jasper." She sighed.

I took a deep breath and hesitated before sitting  next to her.
" Can... can you just hold me?" She asked.

I wrapped my arms around her and she scooted closer. She was no longer nervous or scared even half naked the didn't flinch when I touched her like she did before. I figured maybe because it wasn't sexual.

It was pure and genuine. I held small frame and my head rested on her head.

" Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 242 17
He stared at me, his green eyes bore into mine as if searching for an answer to an unasked question. He cracked a smile, the warmth hit me, and in t...
614 1 13
Oh, the life of a teenage girl. It seems like high school never gets easier especially when it comes to love. Happiness was like a diamond, rare unti...
17.7K 1.6K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...
865 248 12
Jake and Michael have loved each other for a long time. Since there both boys they decided to not tell anyone. Until their older, they can't hide the...