Warped

By PixelatedConquest

Sakura Haruno died because she was supposed to die. She no longer had to deal with the crazy things in her wo... More

Fate
New Strings
Quirks
Un-Destined
Interrogation
U.A.
Nezu
Modeling
First Day
General Ed.
Hitoshi
Afternoon
Robber
NHC
Interview
Day Out
Chakra
Shinobi
The Operation
USJ
Nomu
Questioning
Other View
Class 1-A
Premonition
Revelations
Intelligence
Letters
Doubts
Festival
Calvary Battles
Todoroki
Hospital
Ingenium
Thankful
Congrats
Fans
Him
Gran Torino
Dead Eyes
The Boss
Curing
Practicing
Mr. CEO
Trains
Hero Killer
Somewhat Serious
Friends
Last Words
Lunch
Goddess
Final Test
Combat Closed
Behind Scenes
Second Interview
Kiss
Exams
Study Date
Camp
The Beast's Forest
Reasons
Forgotten Memory
Courage
The Day
L.O.V.
Exchange
Dabi
The Moment
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Extra #1: Wormhole
Extra #2: Konoha
Extra #3: The Academy
Extra #4: Flowers
Extra #5: Future Plans
Extra #6: Identity
Extra #7: Discovered
Extra #8: To Face Reality
Part #9: Through Death We Did Part
Part #10: Goodbyes

Fame

23.3K 1.1K 170
By PixelatedConquest

     With her sudden employment, Sakura was suddenly risen to a new point in her life: fame. Although she had attracted a small crowd, every so often, people on the streets would greet her with glee. As promised, Nezu was able to sort out some papers. How he had done it was mystifying, but Sakura knew better than to pry into the Principal's affairs. 

     Sadly, the company that she worked for, strongly argued against their up-and-coming model to sleep in a tree. Sure, it was U.A. but sleeping there seemed absolutely eccentric, no matter who it was. So, she moved into a condo and adapted to a new life there. Still, she wasn't allowed to sleep in any of the trees that grew on the lot.

    The board members were also split once they heard of her going to U.A. It meant less time having pictures and using that to increase fame, but also going the school, although in the General Studies, could also bring huge attention to her. It was risky because of the class she was going into but they hoped she'd succeed in the long run.

     Not only that, but the mass media loved underdogs, especially since she was labelled as the 20% of the population, quirkless, and got into U.A. Academy.

     Sakura, on the other hand, felt a bit cheap for lying but chakra wasn't a quirk but instead a power created by a person's strength and intellect. Breakthroughs can also happen in the heat of the moment, set off by an uncontrollable willpower. No one knew about it either, which is how she wished to keep it.

     Secretly she'd been training her chakra and constantly compacting it to form the diamond seal Tsunade had. In a recent vision, she had seen herself with the purple shape proudly marked on her forehead. After a couple months, she believed that it would finally be achieved, especially since there would be no more actual distractions.

     "What's my schedule?" Sakura asked monotonously to her manager.

     "You're having a Q and A this morning and a photo shoot to show off the Teen's Fashion catalog, Sakura, " he replied coolly and handed her the tablet in his hand.

     Scrolling through, she hummed in disapproval at a later date in the calendar, "I'm missing the exams?"

      "You've already been guaranteed so the director decided to fill it in for you."

     The pinkette scowled and tossed it back to him, "When can I even use my vacation days if he keeps on committing me to these kinds of things?"

     "Sakura, you do know that school will take away a great portion of your time away from your career."

      "I know, I know, " she repeated and sighed, flopping onto the couch, "I'm the rising star and need to keep up appearances and draw more money, endorsements, and sponsors for the company."

     In the few months she had lived there, Sakura easily grew accustomed to her new lifestyle and technology. It wasn't hard and actually became quite amusing to live in a way that was so diverse from her other one. It was illegal to kill in Japan. Although she couldn't continue to test her assassination skills on live subjects, she could still hone them... Though there was no particular reason why except for the reminder of being a kunoichi.

     The manager opened the front door for her and led her out to their vehicle. It was the average car but still nice. She had qualms with driving a luxury car because owing people wasn't really her style. "Oh, thanks."

     "No problem."

     Sakura shrugged in her designer clothes that were definitely expensive as she had to keep appearances when walking around in public. However, she always made sure that there was room to fight in it in case the moment asked for it. 

     The camera clicked once more as the large fans blew her hair away from her face. Although she was dressed elaborately, they always refrained from adding makeup onto her. She was their 'all natural' beauty,' whatever that meant.

     A green screen was positioned behind her and she posed upon a couple fake rocks that were somehow capable of holding her up. 

     "Alright, we're done for the day."

     The tired photographers and workers chattered for a bit before heading on out. Most were asking to drink together while others commented about the day or the shoot.

     -Ring-    -Ring-

     "Hello?" Sakura answered as she picked up her cell phone.

     It was Principal Nezu. "I would like to speak to you. Would you be available later today? I have heard that your schedule is quite hectic and always changing."

     "Mmm, " she hummed, "You caught me at the right time. I just finished with my shoot. I can have my manager drive me out there in a bit. I'll be there in about... Fifteen to twenty minutes. How does that sound?"

      "That's quite alright with me. You still haven't lost your pass, right?"

     The pinkette smiled coyly, "Of course I have it. If I didn't, you'd be looking at my dead, mangled corpse."

     "Ah, good to see that you still have that mindset. Well, I will be awaiting you in my office. I'll see you soon."

     The line ended with a click and she shut off her phone. Running her hand through her hair, she sighed before tugging on her locket necklace.

     "Manager, let's go."

     He in turn nodded, tossing on his shades that matched his black suit, and led her to her vehicle. "Where are we going now?"

     "U.A."

     He grunted in reply and started the car. Sakura sat in back and placed the divider up so he wouldn't be able to see what she was doing. Carefully, she pried open the locket and extracted a small scroll. Pushing chakra into it, he I.D. card came out with a cloud of smoke and clattered to the floor. She placed it around her neck and took down the divider. 

     Her manager paid no heed to what she was doing as he was the only other person that even knew of the existence of the card. He knew exactly why she wouldn't let one soul know of the location of the card.

     He parked the car allowed her to go out, not going with her. The invitation was only meant for Sakura, after all.

     As always, Nezu sat in his desk, clasping his hands in excitement for her developments. His beady little eyes glimmered with curiosity.

     "Now then, Sakura Haruno, what other visions have you had of the future?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 668 17
What if Kaguya hadn't been sealed what if by the last minute she had saved black Zetsu and sent herself and Black Zetsu to the My Hero Academia world...
147K 6.6K 47
I swear I died just a few minutes ago... so why am I still breathing? ---------------- Reincarnation fic of BNHA [discontinued] ---------------- War...
18.7K 707 16
A young woman from the 21th century dies on a tragedic accident while going home. The world she once knew was slowly disappearing on sight. When her...
208K 8.4K 26
Sakura died. Naruto had a sworn duty to the village as Hokage and it was hers to protect her comrades, even if it meant she had to sacrifice her own...