Footballer's hijabi wife

By prayerandpatience

She had stayed unmarried a little longer than her family's liking but she was never going to settle. She was... More

1.The visitors
2.The hot mess
3.Standing up
4.Clichè
5.The answered prayer
6. "For so long"
7.The bell rings
8.The word comes in
9.Not like any other
10.Just us
11.SPICE IT UP!
12. Tahajjud
13.Without you
14. What is wrong with you/me
15. Family
16. In my head
17.Bliss
18.Priorities
19.Media 1
20. Media 2
21. Progress
22. A step back
23. Daddy Youssef
24. No Tears
25. You are my sister
26. Ramadan
27. For Youssef
28. See me
29. Unexpected visit
31. Youssef Amin's wife
32. Alhamdulillah
33. Our Ibrahim
34.Love, Respect and veneration
35.Teach me how to Lord
36. Blame and Shame
37. I want 11
38. Secrets
39. Caught
40. Somehow married
41. Caught in the middle
42. Call him
43. Masjid Noor
44. Sharing Youssef

30. Truce

1.7K 147 24
By prayerandpatience

Ramadan Mubarak everyone❤️❤️here's a really short chapter, lol. I hope you enjoy it still.

AQSA*
I took a hot shower , today I was going out with my siblings and their kids. We had a days out and I was actually looking forward to it. I wish Youssef was here, everyone was coming with their spouse. Well basically only Fatma was bringing her husband since Asiyah is divorced. So it was okay, we wouldn't feel left out plus there is Saffiyya and Ruqqaya so safe.

Actually, I should take Maryam with me. So I call Maman since Papa was in France. I don't know how she could stay alone with Maryam I was actually scared of staying overnight in a house alone. Whenever Youssef had to travel I'd go back home. Maybe with age. Anyways.

'Asalaam Alaikum Maman.' I greet her.

'Waalaikum Asalaam my daughter.' She was the best mother-in-law wallah. Her son was the best husband too. Wink wink. Stop it Aqsa.

I inquired about their health and then I asked her.

'Maman, we are going on a day out today can you and Maryam join us?'

Initially it was only going to be Maryam but it'd be bad to leave her all alone.

'Oh, maybe you can take Maryam, I have some work to do.' That's sad. She actually deserves a good time. I decided that I'll take her out for lunch on Monday when Maryam was at school.

'Okay then can we go for lunch on Monday, just me and you?'

'Oh yes my child.'

'Yey. Okay I'll come pick her up after an hour she'll be ready yeah?'

'Yeah. In sha Allah.'

'In sha Allah maman.' I say with a smile.

We packed some snacks,  actual food, fruits and drinks. We've been cooking all morning.

We go pick up Maryam then drive to our destination. I was in one car with Ruqqaya, Saffiyya and Maryam. Asiyah was driving with her kids. The same for the rest of my siblings.

We play games "who is most likely to" which wasn't so great for Fatma's husband because he didn't really know the girl's except Fatma , and Nasrah didn't know much about Zayn so we decided to sort it in groups so we ask two people and who among them then they answer. So the couples, the twins, the sisters. The kids were playing football right next to us so we could see them closely.

It was interesting. We kept laughing.
Later we play Uno it felt like we were all teenagers all over again, except two were.

Maryam follows me and whispers something in my ears. I laugh.

****

YOUSSEF*

Me and Papa enter grandmother's house, I haven't set foot since weeks ago. The last time I came here was when the corridor incident with the 'Paris Fashion Week invitations' happened. so apparently the family called a meeting to get me and Genevieve to put everything behind us.

'Youssef, As a family we called all of you here so that we can end this situation between you and Genevieve.' My aunt spoke in french.

'I know she has caused a lot of damage but we are family and going to court is understandable but a little bit extreme— I mean we can just settle this as a family.'

I just listened to her. I didn't speak yet. Genevieve was sitting right infront of me with her mother.

'You guys are a family. Blood related. I don't like seeing any of you suffer or fighting and hating each other.' Grandmother spoke.

'Youssef, Genevieve has admitted that she is wrong and she has actually agreed to get help. She started therapy last week.'

She needs it.

I say mentally.

Why isn't she speaking for herself though.

**If there was one person who knew how difficult Youssef could be at letting things slide it'd be Aqsa. He was such a cool person but never tolerated nonsense and Genevieve had it hard. At least they called the elders otherwise if it was just her who was asking him, oh oh there would be no hope). Aqsa had told him a thousand times he had to be more forgiving and he would forgive , he just wasn't so quick at forgiving but he always did.**

'Youssef.' Genevieve began. Her eyes were still sore by the way. It's been weeks since the incident.

'I am sorry, I hurt you.'

'You hurt my wife!' I retort.

'I am sorry. I was blinded with emotions and I just didn't care at that point but I do now and I regret my actions.' Her voice was breaking.

It reminded me of when she was younger, she was such a cry baby but the most genuine person ever. How did she get here? Well, I guess lust or love (I wanted to throw up at the thought) could make you do things.

'So what do you want?'

'Youssef.' Papa interceded.

'What do you want Genevieve!' I ask again sternly.

'I'm asking you to drop the case.' She pleads.

'Only if you issue a public apology.'

'Youssef!' Her mother pleaded with me. Genevieve's eyes pleaded with me she was in tears. I didn't care rightnow.

'You did the damage publicly fix it publicly. Use your platform to set the record straight. There was never a thing between us and I've never been unfaithful to my wife, I didn't leave you for her ~~ I've been with her first and you were just an obsessed person.' I say sternly.

'Youssef she's not in her right state of mind. She is seeking help, She can't go public like that, the media will ruin her and that's not good for her mental health.' My aunt pleaded for her again.

'Neither is a law suit so she can choose which one is simpler for her.'

She shakes her head.

At this point I wasn't going to have pity on her. Some people walked away from me from the masajids I went to, I had people eye me awkwardly, I had people who asked me about it awkwardly. It just did a lot to me. It's not easy being an active masjid goer and have most people think you are an adulterer. I mean people may be but having everyone know that and give you looks is just weird especially when you did your best to remain steadfast.

She was going to have to fix this.

'I'll do it. I'll issue an apology on my instagram and I'll clarify everything.'

'Good!'

I didn't want to be here any minute longer but my aunt came to me. Mind you we actually had a very nice relationship so I hope nothing is damaged here.

'Youssef, I really apologize for all of this but be easy on your cousin, she's not in her right mind.'

She's spoiling her.

'She agreed to do it.' I remind her.

'Still the backlash and hate will be major after it , it'll cost her her career, fans, mental health.'

'She was ready to destroy my reputation, my marriage, my dignity~ I'm sure she can handle losing a few thousand followers and a few deals. I don't like doing this either but it has to be done.'

'Okay.' She says defeated.

'I'm not doing this to punish her. I'm just doing this to clean the mess she's made.'

'Okay Youssef.'

I kissed grandmother and walked out to wait for my dad in my car. I called Aqsa as I waited and then I remembered she was out with family so she wasn't going to pick up. I just sit there scrolling my phone.

She actually manages to text. Things have been so good between us lately it just makes me miss her more.
'Hey babe can't talk rightnow , everything okay?'

'Yeah, I just miss you.' I know she's there blushing.

Just then Papa comes and he gives me his comments. He knew I had no ill will. Heck, he understood how much damage Genevieve had done. So he was just saying I should drop the law suit against Genevieve and I say that's until she issues her apology.

...

Genevieve goes on her instagram and records herself saying;

'Hi guys, I'd really like to apologize to Youssef and his family—-our family for what's been going on. I wronged them and ruined his image because I wasn't completely honest. Youssef is a great guy and a faithful husband. He's been married before moving to Paris and he has stayed that way. There has never been anything between us. I crossed boundaries that I shouldn't have and for that I apologize. I hope Youssef finds it in his heart to forgive me.' In French and another in English with the same words.

After seeing that I call my lawyer to have him drop the law suit.

This one was over.

The next few days were just filled with phone calls from people who were apologizing for assuming the worst, for believing rumors and all kinds of things. Other phone calls were actually reporters trying to get interviews~how they got my number I'd still have to figure that out. Anyways it was just filled with drama.

But then there was Aqsa.

A happy Aqsa.

She was at peace now. This was finally behind us. For Good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 2.2K 23
Ayesha and Farhan, two completely different people. Different values, different thoughts, different personalities. When these two get engaged with ea...
517K 25K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
59.1K 2.5K 31
' for me, it had to be her. ' #1 in football - 3/2/23 #5 in world - 3/2/23 #5 in arab -21/2/23 #2 in psg - 8/5/23
40.1K 709 11
A CRISTIANO RONALDO FAN FICTION - It was sure to be a mystery to everyone else, but it clearly wasn't to her and her family. Besides, she actually pr...